Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If Marvel can pull off another Iron Man they are miracle workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Cameo posted:

I can't think of the last time a studio played hot potato with a script so openly with like two months before shooting would start.

Men in Black III is the first one that came to mind.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Timby posted:

Men in Black III is the first one that came to mind.

Even that went Cohen>Koepp>Nathanson with six months between Koepp's work and Nathanson's doctoring, and not Wright>Marcus/McFeely>McKay/Rudd>Marcus/McFeely between like late April and early July.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Cameo posted:

Even that went Cohen>Koepp>Nathanson with six months between Koepp's work and Nathanson's doctoring, and not Wright>Marcus/McFeely>McKay/Rudd>Marcus/McFeely between like late April and early July.

Fair, but MIB3 had the unusual step of shutting down production for four months so they could rewrite half the drat thing -- and then they were still rewriting on-set.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

That's true, that's its own special clusterfuck though. We also forgot World War Z shutting down production to rewrite and reshoot the entire ending. Lindelof probably got a ridiculous paycheck for that one.

I wonder where M:I 5's rewritten ending would fall on this scale - they hadn't shot it yet from all I've heard, and McQuarrie went right out there and said "we realized it needed a little more before we actually started shooting". It's unusual to stop production for days to do something like that, but it seems like everyone involved actually had a clue what they wanted to do with it.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Or, you know, the producers. I'm currently in one trailer I can't name. It's a last resort and you hope you can get the actual talent to record it in a booth but soundalikes are the next step and the last resort is like, whoever.

What's up trailer ADR buddy? I'm in a major 2012 release trailer that's still up on iTunes, but only because the idiot hellfucker vendor didn't use the mix fix we sent them the week before the release.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Stars Wars

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

God I really don't want to get excited about this since all three prequels got me excited and then disappointed but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yep I'm excited

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought I could help myself. I can't.

It's about to get nutso.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I don't want to believe, but I do.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Its such a drat good trailer. The direction is goddamn fantastic in the long shots.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I see matte paintings.

I see actual dudes in actual suits.

I see real sets, locations, and props.

Goddammit I wasn't gonna get excited, promised myself I wouldn't, but here we are I guess.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I see matte paintings.

I see actual dudes in actual suits.

I see real sets, locations, and props.

Goddammit I wasn't gonna get excited, promised myself I wouldn't, but here we are I guess.

If you didnt see the celebration livestream the rolling robot is an actual thing and it moved around stage flawlessly. The upper dome thing was pivoting all over the place too. Some engineering magic.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Goddamn I never thought I'd get emotional over a stupid loving trailer but Han showing up at the end actually got me a little glassy-eyed.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Looks amazing.
In J.J. I trust.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Do we know anything about the story yet? Or who the constantly terrified black stormtrooper guy is

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood old Han and Chewie. :buddy:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I presume that's Luke talking in the trailer

did he say "my father has it"? as in present tense? as in Vader didn't die? Are we going to see live or ghost Anakin in this movie? Please don't be played by Hayden Christensen if so

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Febreeze posted:

I presume that's Luke talking in the trailer

did he say "my father has it"? as in present tense? as in Vader didn't die? Are we going to see live or ghost Anakin in this movie? Please don't be played by Hayden Christensen if so

It's a quote from Return of the Jedi, I wouldn't look into it too deeply.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

zandert33 posted:

It's a quote from Return of the Jedi, I wouldn't look into it too deeply.

It's a callback to it, yeah, but it's not the same exact quote, what with the "And you have that power, too" at the end.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BonoMan posted:

Goddamn I never thought I'd get emotional over a stupid loving trailer but Han showing up at the end actually got me a little glassy-eyed.

I know, man. It's like seeing a family member after a really long time.

I've seen enough to have a lot of faith, I'm going to try and avoid further stuff until I take my brother to see it at the end of this year.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Jesus Christ that shot of the Star Destroyer.

I'm in. I don't care how much lens flare JJ Abrams shoehorns in.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I did manage to catch a little BSG-style crash zoom when the Falcon flew into the destroyer engine, but holy hell everything looks so good.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I'm so giddy with happiness. December is so far away.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The rising score really gets my breathing going. Combined with the visuals, it's just.... bliss. I love Star Wars.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So far, no Jar Jar.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

So far, no Jar Jar.

this is loving bullshit.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

There's a teaser trailer for Tarantino's new Hateful Eight movie that is alleged to be new but I swear I saw six months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FECQsdLEWA

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

The last three campaigns I worked on the client mentioned GOTG no less than 20 times, minimum. This town is obsessed with that campaign and shoehorning dumb replacement cues to be the next Spirit In The Sky or Hooked On A Feeling.

Nobody seems to realize you need a fun movie to start with.

You can be as honest as you want, but what did you think of my trailer? I tried to give it that fun sense without dropping some super ironic song. All I did was use the Marvel/NIN template, and went through their catalog until I found a song that had a good up beat sound, as well as lyrics that kinda sorta go with the film. If I had more footage I would separate the cuts a little more, but I can save that for the next one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2HZAGbXDA

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 16, 2015

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

smackfu posted:

There's a teaser trailer for Tarantino's new Hateful Eight movie that is alleged to be new but I swear I saw six months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FECQsdLEWA

What kind of idiot would release a trailer today.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

I'm REALLY trying not to get hyped, but dammit. Everything looks beautifully shot. The X-wings flying over the water was :swoon:

teagone posted:

Isn't Superman v Batman today too?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The 20th IIRC. They released a teaser for the trailer but it's clickbait bullshit.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

teagone posted:

that there are people more excited for star wars 7 than a new Tarantino/Kurt Russell joint is mad depressing

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Also completely unsurprising to anyone who has hung around nerds and even casual audiences of any stripe for the last 40 years

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

The 20th IIRC. They released a teaser for the trailer but it's clickbait bullshit.

Oh that earlier 5 second thing was all? What a waste of time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

that there are people more excited for star wars 7 than a new Tarantino/Kurt Russell joint is mad depressing

Did you saw the bouncing Storm Trooper??

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

PaganGoatPants posted:

Isn't Superman v Batman today too?

Monday.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yeah, it's not like Star Wars is some cultural phenom or anything.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I wouldn't be too down about it--I have it on good authority that Star Wars fans hate Star Wars.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

That Star Wars teaser just gave me the incentive to finally block this bigoted idiot I've been friends with for 8 years on Steam, since I showed him the teaser thinking we could nerd out over it and he immediately latched onto the black stormtrooper and the badass looking woman and proceeded to go on about hollywood conspiracies and ugh. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Also completely unsurprising to anyone who has hung around nerds and even casual audiences of any stripe for the last 40 years

point.

Madurai posted:

I wouldn't be too down about it--I have it on good authority that Star Wars fans hate Star Wars.

point.

• Locked thread