Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Its a power plant.
:rimshot:

Does Cambodia even have a electrical code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Collateral Damage posted:

:rimshot:

Does Cambodia even have a electrical code?

Yeah -- 404.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Malpenix Blonia posted:

This is up to code, right?

Seen on a coffee plantation in the middle of nowhere, Cambodia.

Now I think about it, having analogue meters on my PV inverter would be really neat in a useless kind of way.
You could watch the amperage needle dance in tune with the buzzing.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?
Is the meter to tell when the local grid is hosed and you shouldn't turn anything on?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gounads posted:

Is the meter to tell when the local grid is hosed and you shouldn't turn anything on?

Since it’s a voltmeter, that’s my guess.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Anorexic Sea Turtle posted:

What have you guys been putting down to keep the hair and dust out of the room? Just put heavy sheets in the doorways and keep the animals out?

My house had no carpets, and we did the work while it was completely empty (hadn't moved anything in). We opened every screened window, vacuumed thoroughly, and we were doing our work during a rainy week (so the pollen and dust outside was generally kept down.

Other than that, we had no special protection. You don't want hairs obviously, but a few specs of dust in a varethane layer are basically invisible. The most important coat is the last: you don't want anything settling onto the surface as it dries.

e. Oh yeah we also changed the filter on the HVAC, and ran it fan-only the whole time, to help with drying. Our vent work was very clean so we didn't find we were stirring up dust that way, but it really depends on the state of your home, I imagine.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Not mine but oh god:

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

E: gently caress words

Spaghett fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 16, 2015

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So what's with the upper glory holes? Nipple play? :confused:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Bad Munki posted:

So what's with the upper glory holes? Nipple play? :confused:

Probably mounting points for the toilet paper dispensers. Which makes it worse, that means the clear panels were explicitly chosen, not an accident.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

GreenNight posted:

Not mine but oh god:

Please tell me that's one of the ones where the glass goes opaque when you close the latch.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Think this is the source, if you want to read more:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/32q1yo/my_company_moved_to_a_new_building_thats_the/

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Phanatic posted:

Please tell me that's one of the ones where the glass goes opaque when you close the latch.

It looks like that from the inside. :pervert:

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

GenericOverusedName posted:

toilet paper dispensers.

lol

what do you think the hose sprayers are for

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hilarious cross-stall water fights through the aforementioned holes?

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

Just put an offer in on a place that's been chopped into a quadplex throughout the years and looks like a great candidate for this thread. I'm half and half excitement and dread.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

DNova posted:

lol

what do you think the hose sprayers are for

For making my tiny phone uhh

Yeah I didn't see them.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gounads posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't need the meter to know it's hosed and you shouldn't turn anything on.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Phanatic posted:

So if the power dips enough to gently caress with the control circuitry everyone is suddenly making GBS threads in transparent glass boxes?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

So if the power dips enough to gently caress with the control circuitry everyone is suddenly making GBS threads in transparent glass boxes?
"Smart glass" is normally opaque and only goes clear when the voltage is applied.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I have to quote this reply:

quote:

I got dysentary in Afghanistan. Their toilets are actually just porcelain holes in the ground you squat over to do business which we got tired of pretty quickly so we built a chair which was just two rectangles with a space between them for pooping. Down side was there was something like a three foot drop to the floor.

One day the shits hit me hard. I use the chair but soon after letting out this torrent of poo poo I realize most of it is hitting the wall and floor behind the hole. There wasn't anything I could do but keep going. There was so much poo poo...

An hour later I have to poo poo again. I head to the other chair we have built being careful to properly aim at the hole when I start to hear two people a row down talking about cleaning up my poo poo (side note: they were artillary, we were infantry and they had left us their fair share of messes plenty of times around the COP that I can say I did that first one guilt free). The only line I remember them saying was, "I can understand missing the hole, but why the gently caress would you just keep going like that?"

I start making GBS threads my brains out again, immediately shotgunning the entire back wall with muck. Again, I couldn't stop it. The damage was done, I was so drat lucky they didn't check my stall before leaving, that they didn't see me leaving.

What I do feel guilty about is that the guys who cleaned up my poo poo were getting hosed up for not cleaning up my poo poo after being told to. Their squad leader walked in and found my second stall, thought his privates just blew him off and were making up excuses. I remember him yelling, "Well why in the gently caress would someone do that twice!?"

That second one I'll feel guilty about for a long time to come.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

GreenNight posted:

Not mine but oh god:

american_public_school.jpg

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.

GreenNight posted:

Not mine but oh god:

I saw this on imgur I think, the prevailing response is that it's not done yet, and they'll be frosting the glass.

Also that would literally be a "crappy" tale.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I always thought it was more expensive and more of a pain in the rear end to frost glass post install.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

GreenNight posted:

I always thought it was more expensive and more of a pain in the rear end to frost glass post install.

No, you almost always install the film after the glass, at least in commercial construction. Like, I can't think of a time you'd install the film first.

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!

Loopyface posted:

No, you almost always install the film after the glass, at least in commercial construction. Like, I can't think of a time you'd install the film first.

I'm a glazier and we almost always put the film on first where I work. Getting the cutouts around the hinges/brackets to look good would generally be a lot easier if they're not attached to the glass at the time- same with the edges where the glass butts up to something.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Fizbin posted:

I'm a glazier and we almost always put the film on first where I work. Getting the cutouts around the hinges/brackets to look good would generally be a lot easier if they're not attached to the glass at the time- same with the edges where the glass butts up to something.

I thought that the frosting was sandblasted onto to surface (or something similar).

Wouldn't the film just get peeled off BH vandals or peeping toms?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dragyn posted:

I saw this on imgur I think, the prevailing response is that it's not done yet, and they'll be frosting the glass.

Also that would literally be a "crappy" tale.

so....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRoL2q-tU-Q

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!

spog posted:

I thought that the frosting was sandblasted onto to surface (or something similar).

Wouldn't the film just get peeled off BH vandals or peeping toms?

Both etching and filming are options; and yes, film can generally be peeled off fairly easily. Etched glass is harder to keep clean, though.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Perhaps it's not the best choice of material for bathroom stall partitions.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

DNova posted:

Perhaps it's not the best choice of material for bathroom stall partitions.

Quiet, you're disturbing the architect's Vision™.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Quiet, you're disturbing the architect's Vision™.

Of people pooping.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Frogmanv2 posted:

Of people pooping.

I never said they weren't a lovely architect :v:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I never said they weren't a lovely architect :v:

Well played, old son, well played indeed. :golfclap:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

People are commenting about how it probably isn't frosted yet, and this reply really tickled me

quote:

doesn't matter if it is frosted you will still be able to tell some one is on the toilet just by their silhouette, in short I would always hold it in until I got home

and from the OP

quote:

I'm sorry I used the wrong words before. The building is finished yes and that's the contractor's work done. They (the manager) promised to fix it but not replace it, hence I said they're gonna stay that way. The fixing includes sprays or something, no body knows yet. So far women enter one by one and lock the outside door.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'd say at least 50% of architects are absolutely poo poo that put their "vision" and how things look from above or in a render even if it totally fucks over the people building, using, or maintaining the building.

\/ 100% of starchitects" are absolute poo poo regardless of your taste in their buildings. Specially if their fist name is Frank.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 17, 2015

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

I'd say at least 50% of architects are absolutely poo poo that put their "vision" and how things look from above or in a render even if it totally fucks over the people building, using, or maintaining the building.

Fallingwater apparently has a horrible mold problem because of, well, the falling water.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
The mold is nothing compared to the "no steel in the world [made at that time] could possibly do what you're asking, sir" structural issues over the years.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Malpenix Blonia posted:

This is up to code, right?

Seen on a coffee plantation in the middle of nowhere, Cambodia.

That's par for the course in SE Asia. Was it low enough for a child to reach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
[Edit: I don't read so goodly]