Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I have too many fun things to do (including my job and working out) and not enough hours to do all of them RIGHT NOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I made a haircut appointment and promised to go into work this Saturday (it's a filing period so poo poo's crazy) but I want to cancel both so I can meet with my jeweler to give him my ring so it can be put into a new setting because I'm a spoiled brat. Now I have to wait at least a month and I want my "new" ring now.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Portable phone chargers have two major aspects: amount the battery holds, and the dimensions/weight of the battery. One doesn't get bigger without the other getting bigger.

Is it too much to ask for a portable charger that can charge my phone's battery like 4 times on a charge without being the size of my phone and three times as thick/heavy? (the answer is, of course, no, which is why it's here.)

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

I'm apparently a trash baby because today I had to make three vinegar traps to deal with our apartment's yearly drosophila invasion.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Age of Wonders III went on special on Steam a couple days ago, and I bought it because I heard it was a pretty good fantasy 4x game. And it is, although it's more combat-focused than I'd like. I bought it anyway, because seventeen bucks for that sort of game is pretty good.

But now an entirely different fantasy 4x game is also on sale, Endless Legend. Which I also know is pretty great, and less combat-heavy. But I know I probably shouldn't buy both of these games, both because I really should be more careful with my money than that and because my internet usage is is pretty high this month.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got more money back from taxes than I had expected but I turned around and bought new computer hardware.

My bank account is flush with cash but I should be saving for... something, probably.

The pho I'm eating is just a hair too salty but it's my fault for adding soy sauce.

I've been marathoning Harmontown but now I'm caught up and have to wait until next Tuesday for more Fat Drunk Baby antics.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Mom was getting off work late tonight so I decided to surprise her and have dinner ready. Steak, potatoes, rolls, and corn. Easy. But she came in, said the potatoes were too thick, to add milk. The corn wasn't salted right. And goddamn Cowslips, how long did you put the steak on for, if you had waited I'd have shown you the better way to cook it! Now only part of it is rare, the rest is medium rare! You didn't put enough butter in the potatoes! And oh my back is KILLING ME so I can't do any cleanup either.

Not a goddamn single thank you.

Next time I'll let her loving cook dinner with her bad back and bad knees and be a goon hiding in my room and not help.

I had a delivery today that is always a problem, but today would be different! I had the building number! I have the apartment number and the gate code! And I got there with plenty of time to spare....only for the code not to work. I had to call the sender, who got pissed and repeated the same gate code I had several times before finally calling the recipient...who said they changed the gate code recently, it's now XYZ. Bitch wants her order delivered asap despite being out of our delivery range and then gives us bad info for delivery. Thanks, bitch.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Our bathroom floor is cracked in the middle, and probably trying to collapse into the open foundation, but our landlord only seems to ever exist when rent is due.

Show Me A Chicken
May 6, 2007
I'll show you a geek.
There are ants in my house. Not in my kitchen, which is next to the outdoors and has food, but in my bathroom, which is in the center of the house and has no food. Why.

Also, I'm really hungry, but the kitchen is a mess and I need to clean it before I make food, but I won't have any energy to do that until I eat.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I got a summons for jury duty :(

Paste
Aug 26, 2007

i stayed up all night talking to my best friend and now my throat is uncomfortable and im sorta tired during my cushy barista job (working on a saturday, by the way)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm craving milk and I've already had a decent amount, but my brain/mouth aren't sated. My stomach is, and I know if I drink more I'll feel gross.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I got a summons for jury duty :(

Last time I got called for jury duty the prosecuting attorney was really attractive and I guess I was a little too eager to answer his questions. I was the first one the defense attorney kicked out.

So inadvertently I came across another way to avoid jury duty. Just bat your eyelashes and smile coquettishly at one of the attorneys? I don't think you even have to be a girl to make this work.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

My normal normal, contract post office is closed for computer repairs, so I'm at a USPS one in a long line.

Some moron is trying to send tires by media mail.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tires are just big, rubber CDs.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Show Me A Chicken posted:

There are ants in my house. Not in my kitchen, which is next to the outdoors and has food, but in my bathroom, which is in the center of the house and has no food. Why.

Also, I'm really hungry, but the kitchen is a mess and I need to clean it before I make food, but I won't have any energy to do that until I eat.

You might be me. Have the ants also attracted spiders to your shower? Spiders that hide between the cloth shower curtain and the clear plastic one so you don't notice until you're already naked and wet?

Also there's a leak in my bedroom and the apartment manager is dragging her heels on getting it fixed. The leak ruined my bed so I'm sleeping on an air mattress in the dining area. The outlet closest to the air mattress stopped working in the middle of the night so my phone didn't charge and the alarm clock didn't go off, but that second thing didn't matter since I can hear the neighbors kids leaving for school at 6am and said kids think it's appropriate to scream the entire time they're leaving (it probably is).

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Brightman posted:

You might be me. Have the ants also attracted spiders to your shower? Spiders that hide between the cloth shower curtain and the clear plastic one so you don't notice until you're already naked and wet?

My upstairs tub has never had a spider in it. The basement one gets like 3 spiders a week trapped in it.

I don't know which is worse; if the basement has so many spiders that there's enough to be falling in the tub regularly, or if the upstairs ones know how to get out.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 17, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.
I spend $15,000 on an old pistol that I bought on auction because I was bidding on it after a screwed up flight that should have been at 12:40PM was actually AM resulted in me not having slept for 27 hours. I had to sell some poo poo to pay for it, I'm sad I had to sell poo poo to pay for it, also I have no money now.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

A friend excited about spring posted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0cczw5jbDg

on Facebook and now NSYNC is stuck in my head.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I spend $15,000 on an old pistol that I bought on auction because I was bidding on it after a screwed up flight that should have been at 12:40PM was actually AM resulted in me not having slept for 27 hours. I had to sell some poo poo to pay for it, I'm sad I had to sell poo poo to pay for it, also I have no money now.
Is it magic or something?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 17, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

John Big Booty posted:

Is it magic or something?

Pretty much.

I usually come to PYF for the funny, cute, and gif threads, I noticed this thread and thought that my ridiculous angst over having to sell a bunch of poo poo because I got in a fight with old men with a lot more money than I in an auction I had no business being in (thank you proxibid!). The funny bit is that I don't buying the gun, just the having to sell other things to pay for it. Seemed like the epitome of a first world problem, unless I am doing this wrong?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm not a gun fan/nut/collector but that is rad as hell.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 17, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm not a gun fan/nut/collector but that is rad as hell.

With the serial numbers legally required to remain intact old guns can allow you to unearth all sorts of fascinating history. When that history is already known the middle class is pretty much always priced out of owning such a thing (middle class first world problem?). However, if you are ok with gambling and work up enough knowledge to pick up things that might have some history? Sometimes you get lucky.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My laptop keeps dropping the connection to my router and I dunno why, but I'm pissed because I just spent like 70$ replacing the hard drive that went poof and I don't wanna spend any more.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
My incredible higher than average paying job just renewed me through the summer but the hours are moving which means I have to get up a half hour earlier. FML

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
E: should probably put this in the things pissing you off thread.

Proper first world problem- the dude who works the four hour shift brings in his tablet blaring a Christian evangelical stream. I'm all for freedom of religion but this job is dull enough without listening to a wrinkled old white dude blathering on about the holy spirit against my will.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 02:02 on Apr 23, 2015

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom wants this album for her ipod, but itunes only has it in the UK site, and since I don't have a UK address or credit card, I will probably have to buy this stupid 90's CD on Amazon way overpriced.

We picked up a new account at work, so now we are super shortstaffed, and we can't hire more employees until we can prove we need them. We prove we need them by having more accounts, but it takes a loving month to hire and train someone new, during which we could lose the account because we can barely handle the workload.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Getting my foot in the door with a career is a huge pain in the rear end.

The whole 'gotta have experience!' thing is a ton of bullshit. Can't even get a flippin' internship in the states without experience.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
My roof still hasn't been fixed, there's no ETA on it, and the insurance company is only gonna give me like 40 bucks for the damaged bed thanks to the demon magic of deductibles. Oh, but that's only if the leak was caused by hail or wind damage, they're not liable for shoddy maintenance and the apartment isn't liable for drat near anything as per the lease, so I might not even get the 40 bucks.

Due to all of that I'm losing sleep, not because I'm sleeping on an air mattress, it's actually quite comfy now that I've fixed the slow leak, but because I can now watch tv and play video games while in bed since I'm in the front room.

200cc is too fast.

TINY T-REX ARMS
Feb 12, 2011
We're out of kale and I really want some fresh kale chips right now.

Why is life so hard? :(

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
I had to unplug my router to reset it and I had to leave it unplugged for 20 seconds instead of 10 before my connectivity problem was solved :qq:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have to go shopping tomorrow with my mom ( which I don't really mind that much cause she's old and can't lift the heavy stuff) and THEN I have to go to my creepy uncle's birthday party.

HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

All I wanted to do was stay home and chill cause ALL WEEK the weather people said it was gonna storm but now it's all clear and just gonna be cloudy and gently caress man I just don't wanna go anywhere or do anything cause I was planning on a lazy saturday.

:negative:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have to go shopping tomorrow with my mom ( which I don't really mind that much cause she's old and can't lift the heavy stuff) and THEN I have to go to my creepy uncle's birthday party.

HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

All I wanted to do was stay home and chill cause ALL WEEK the weather people said it was gonna storm but now it's all clear and just gonna be cloudy and gently caress man I just don't wanna go anywhere or do anything cause I was planning on a lazy saturday.

:negative:

I think your storm found its way over here. Forecast said it was gonna be a bit cloudy but otherwise pretty clear, but it's been raining off and on since I put my washing out on the line based on the logic that it wouldn't be raining on them.

Addz
Apr 13, 2015
Why do I only want to lay in bed and watch cat videos all day when I have lots of work to do, but must be efficienctly productive when I have nothing to do?

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I am so sad, I don't know why :(

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I went to Culver's for lunch but they were out of their root beer.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Food is tasty :(

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Apr 26, 2015

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I went to Culver's for lunch but they were out of their root beer.

:psypop:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Mixed states suck. Also I have no idea how I want my hair cut and we leave in an hour for the salon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm really, really goddamned tired and have a mountain of work to do on top of next week being finals.