Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

How do you make it to captain and only have 5 ribbons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

How do we organize up and force this gently caress to answer every single loving uncomfortable and real question we've got for the current CMSAF?

From the thread announcing Cody's AMA:

This might actually be entertaining.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

pkells posted:

From the thread announcing Cody's AMA:

This might actually be entertaining.

Ok I'm keeping the list of questions. Question number one: Chief Cody (lol good job at being named like a 7 year old nephew), why do we allow rampant pedophilia throughout the ranks in the form of so called "Bronies"

Get the CMSAF to wade into that that little puddle on Reddit. :lol:

Seriously. :lol:

:lol:

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Ask when we're getting warrant officers again.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Someone needs to ask about his loving sleeve creases

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Ask him whether an AF Community College degree is equivalent to one from University of Phoenix online.

Ask when we are going to end this experimental "women and queers in the military" b.s. Add some ranting on men's rights and vague allusions to rape being the woman's fault.

Complain that junior airmen are not polishing their suede boots or starching their uniforms (including flight suits). Express concern that allowing squadron t-shirts on Fridays is bad for morale and may just violate the Geneva Conventions.

Pretend to be a Marine and piss on everything starting with "In the Corps we never...."

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

ioneye posted:

How do you make it to captain and only have 5 ribbons

I legit walked out of basic with 5 ribbons. GWOT, the basic ribbon, small arms, honor grad, and National Defense.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
It still tickles me that, in the Air Force at least, we give enlisted a medal every time they go three consecutive years without getting NJP'd.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Dead Reckoning posted:

It still tickles me that, in the Air Force at least, we give enlisted a medal every time they go three consecutive years without getting NJP'd.

All branches have some variant of "look at this good house friend of the family" award. Different colored and numbers of stripes on uniforms, etc. Ours is least obvious, and the highest honor a real enlisted senior Airman can honestly have is plenty of rank and a few missing GCM's.

Show me a CMSgt missing some GCM's and you've found your goddamn unicorn next to the gates of Narnia somewhere on that AFB.

15 years ago those guy existed. 14 years of... Whatever this gets called by the next generation, has left us with mindless retarded eunuchs like the Cody's of the USAF.

The blind aren't even leading the blind anymore, the blind are too busy screaming at the deaf who stopped listening to those purblind centralized C2 loving bastards at AFPC 5 loving force shaping programs ago.

Just do a good job and get your pensions boys, what is best in life isn't your beloved Air Force I'm afraid. And just being here for the violence is a Mental Health referral in TYOOL twenty goddamn fifteen. Think about that.

Best of luck dudes.

Someone get Cody to admit that the SECAF, Welsh, and he, are just shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic and I'll gladly try and get him to pontificate on how to better utilize Airpower in the post OIF/OEF/OND CENTCOM AOR.

How do you get a man to know in the most fundamental way, that they're the wrong person for the job?

You tell them. Point blank.

That's something Welsh and the rest of the CCC's in the USAF seem unwilling to do. Maybe reddit can do it, with the right help

It's still gonna be a few PA lt's running the AMA. Cody won't be anywhere near it. Bet me, boo.

Bet.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008
So one of my good friends here decided to get a DUI and picked up a nice little article 15 and lost a stripe. I was talking to the guy and hes convinced his career is still intact and hes going to be a lifer. How wrong is he? Just about everyone's said hes hosed next time they start kicking the undesirables out.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

zombieswithblenders posted:

So one of my good friends here decided to get a DUI and picked up a nice little article 15 and lost a stripe. I was talking to the guy and hes convinced his career is still intact and hes going to be a lifer. How wrong is he? Just about everyone's said hes hosed next time they start kicking the undesirables out.

If they were in any other service, they'd be fine. Since they're in the Air Force, they're hosed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He's hosed if they do another force shaping. If he can improve himself before then he might be ok.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
So for our PT tests now we have 3 PTLs watching us from all angles doing push ups. If all 3 don't concur that it was a correct AF push up it doesn't count. Is this something new or is my new wing king just that much of an ate up PT guy? 75% of the people who tested this past weekend failed. This poo poo's just getting absurd at this point, and if I wasn't an ART I'd probably be counting the days until this enlistment was up.

Disclaimer: I've gotten above a 90 on the last 3 tests I've taken so I'm not like a fair bit of people I know that worry about every test that rolls around.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Word is at Osan that they are going to install cameras in the testing area to monitor and save testings. Yup.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
PT test seem to vary a lot depending on where you take them. I've had tests where it's been 2 or 3 people watching you like a hawk and not counting even the most minor of discrepancies. The only thing that was missing was a dude with a protractor making sure you're breaking 90. Then you have the ones where they vaguely watch you from an angle they can't even really see at while another guy who's testing counts off your poo poo, honor system style. Even that can gently caress you sometimes because last time that happened the guy forgot my count as soon as I was finished.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

zombieswithblenders posted:

When is his next reenlistment? If it's less than two years out, he's probably going to be a civilian. Longer, and if he's generally a good whatever, he might get one more chance...but he's got more chances to be hosed.

Right now he can be denied reenlistment.
His EPR is hosed, so if a round of force shaping drops, he's got a bad one near the top of the stack...he's done, almost guaranteed.
He will not make it past tech, if he even manages to stay in.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

At Fort Meade right now, PTLs aren't even allowed to comment on your pushup form. If the guy counting for you doesn't say anything, you're good to go.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
If you're feeling overworked, let your command know :downs:

lol if you're still in.

That AMA should be interesting.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If you're feeling overworked, let your command know :downs:

lol if you're still in.

That AMA should be interesting.

I honestly want to ask the question of why the hell I wear the uniform in civilian status as an ART Monday through Friday.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ckwiesr posted:

I honestly want to ask the question of why the hell I wear the uniform in civilian status as an ART Monday through Friday.

What would Chief Cody have to do with that?

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Cojawfee posted:

What would Chief Cody have to do with that?

Who the hell else am I going to ask? Half of the reserve bases got out of them within the last few years, and a few never put them on. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years it turns into one of those things where no one at the top actually knows that it exists. And while it might not seem like a big deal, it causes a lot of issues when you work day to day with people who are the same pay grade as you and then their stripes magically mean something one weekend a month. We've had instances where TSgts were in civilian supervisory positions with MSgts below them during the week. Not to mention the fact that we get none of the benefits.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Because he's not in the reserve or whatever and has no authority over them.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Can I find scans of my enlistment documents somewhere in the portal? Need a copy of my high school diploma, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it online before, but I can't find it in vMPF.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
If it's not in PRDA then I don't know where else it would be.

And have more dogge

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

invision posted:

Can I find scans of my enlistment documents somewhere in the portal? Need a copy of my high school diploma, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it online before, but I can't find it in vMPF.

Everything they kept should be in your UPRG, I think. Do they even keep a copy of a high school diploma?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

When is his next reenlistment? If it's less than two years out, he's probably going to be a civilian. Longer, and if he's generally a good whatever, he might get one more chance...but he's got more chances to be hosed.

Right now he can be denied reenlistment.
His EPR is hosed, so if a round of force shaping drops, he's got a bad one near the top of the stack...he's done, almost guaranteed.
He will not make it past tech, if he even manages to stay in.

Depending on his career field that "can be denied reenlistment" is a "will be denied reenlistment"

a cloth map
Oct 29, 2011

No thanks. I'm a Government man.

Ckwiesr posted:

Who the hell else am I going to ask? Half of the reserve bases got out of them within the last few years, and a few never put them on. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years it turns into one of those things where no one at the top actually knows that it exists. And while it might not seem like a big deal, it causes a lot of issues when you work day to day with people who are the same pay grade as you and then their stripes magically mean something one weekend a month. We've had instances where TSgts were in civilian supervisory positions with MSgts below them during the week. Not to mention the fact that we get none of the benefits.

We just got put in uniforms a month or two back. I don't see it going back anytime soon. Chief Kirksey would be a better person to ask.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
So, anyone have any advice on feigning interest in a job you don't give a flying gently caress about? I need to find a way to get through every work day like I give a poo poo about being there. It is excruciatingly depressing to think about how much longer I'll be working here.

Also I'm convinced that unless you are a PJ your job is no different from any other bullshit corporate office/retail job other than even more stupid poo poo (hands in pockets yay). Never join the Air Force unless you can be a fighter pilot or PJ. Unless you're willing to become an alcoholic for free college and can feign interest for 4 years in whatever job you get.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Talked a friend of mine out of reenlisting :feelsgood:

a cloth map
Oct 29, 2011

No thanks. I'm a Government man.

terrez posted:

So, anyone have any advice on feigning interest in a job you don't give a flying gently caress about? I need to find a way to get through every work day like I give a poo poo about being there. It is excruciatingly depressing to think about how much longer I'll be working here.

Also I'm convinced that unless you are a PJ your job is no different from any other bullshit corporate office/retail job other than even more stupid poo poo (hands in pockets yay). Never join the Air Force unless you can be a fighter pilot or PJ. Unless you're willing to become an alcoholic for free college and can feign interest for 4 years in whatever job you get.

No one in this thread can convince to to give a gently caress. That's on you man. The thought that gets me through the day is that it could be worse. It could always be worse.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

terrez posted:

unless you can be a fighter pilot

Even they are miserable, suffering from burn out and bouncing asap (hence the bonus jump of an extra 100k.)

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Any chance one of you all has their A&P license and wouldn't mind dropping me a PM? I have a few questions.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum

a cloth map posted:

No one in this thread can convince to to give a gently caress. That's on you man. The thought that gets me through the day is that it could be worse. It could always be worse.

I hated my job until I found one thing that I liked about it. Just gotta dig deep to find it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I loved my job until they systematically took away every single good thing about it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I loved my new job until they told me they were going ot make me directorate/wing CAG

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

terrez posted:

I used to fret about the corporate bullshit until I realized that it was absolutely voluntary. I put in the exact amount of effort I want to, and not a drop more. I advise young enlisted dudes to actively spend as much time at work furthering personal goals for once they get out of the military. Take CLEP tests, load up on gen-ed classes for an associate's, collect certifications, learn a new language. Be sure that the SNCO's get wind of the fact that you're doing this because then they'll think you want to be a fast burner.

Believe me when I tell you that never again in your life will you have as much freedom and untapped potential as the day after you get out of the military being a single man with (hopefully) no debt, no obligations, and an unused GI-bill in hand. The world is your loving oyster at that point. poo poo, even I'm jealous of that guy.

Meanwhile, everyone else your age is probably either loaded with college debt working lovely dead-end jobs, knocked up some girl and dodging child support payments while high on meth, or being an unemployed shitbag living in mom's basement.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
My job is amazing as long as I ignore all the ancillary Air Force bullshit which is remarkably easy to do in a SCIF. Write reports no one else can read, make working aids no one else uses, bully the reporters, life is awesome.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGdc6APHfEw

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

My job sucked until I came to Korea and discovered soju doesn't make me as hungover as whiskey for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

nullscan posted:

My job sucked until I came to Korea and discovered soju doesn't make me as hungover as whiskey for some reason.

My job was okay until I went to Korea and then soju made it tolerable. NATO in Ramstein is pretty cool though.

• Locked thread