Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

notthegoatseguy posted:

It is still pretty weird that Daisy's mom seems to have actually been stitched back together by the crazy rear end father/husband.

Did Cal know about her power before he put Jiayang back together? I can't remember. I need to know how hosed up this guy really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It wouldn't really be that hosed up, even if he didn't know about her powers. Putting her back together so that she can be buried whole isn't really out of the ordinary and happens in real life when people die in gruesome ways.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Keshik posted:

As to what Theta Protocol is...
Theta Protocol is just Tony Stark's phone number, and a note that says "Time to call in a favor."

old dog child posted:

Did Cal know about her power before he put Jiayang back together? I can't remember.
It appears that Skye's Mom has the kind of healing ability that would let her bounce back from being reduced to a half-empty flesh sack with organs missing. Whitehall copied her ability to restore his own youth, and all he got was one little bullet in the head. I wonder if he stayed dead.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 16, 2015

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

old dog child posted:

Did Cal know about her power before he put Jiayang back together? I can't remember. I need to know how hosed up this guy really is.

He knew about her gift, but I doubt he knew it would work to bring her back.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

VDay posted:

It wouldn't really be that hosed up, even if he didn't know about her powers. Putting her back together so that she can be buried whole isn't really out of the ordinary and happens in real life when people die in gruesome ways.

Yeah, but I think Whitehall had all her organs. In him. So if Cal made Jiayang whole again, he didn't just stitch her up together again nice like you'd do for a funeral... he went out and got human organs from somewhere else.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
He seems crazy enough to stitch her back together like that will make her all better, and it's just a fortunate coincidence that it actually did.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
One of you gif wizards needs to make one with Skye causing the avalanche followed by a montage of avalanche related disaster scenes.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Theta Protocol is the seventh sequel to Alpha Protocol, obviously.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

XboxPants posted:

Yeah, but I think Whitehall had all her organs. In him. So if Cal made Jiayang whole again, he didn't just stitch her up together again nice like you'd do for a funeral... he went out and got human organs from somewhere else.

Oh, right. I forgot about the whole organ taking, I figured Whitehall just chopped her up in order to study her. Yeah, that takes it to a different level.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I've concluded that I like Cal even more now

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

VDay posted:

Oh, right. I forgot about the whole organ taking, I figured Whitehall just chopped her up in order to study her. Yeah, that takes it to a different level.

I mean, it's definitely possible that she could and would have regrown her organs on her own if given the opportunity, but good ol' Cal seems like the kinda guy who wouldn't take that chance.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Mymla posted:

Theta Protocol is the seventh sequel to Alpha Protocol, obviously.

Oh man I wish this was true. :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

old dog child posted:

A good conclusion, no matter when or where it's made

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

old dog child posted:

Happy dad Cal is the best. I really do hope he sticks around and joins up with the good guys. It'd go a long way with what is apparently Coulson's view that gifted people shouldn't be locked up, but put in a safe place and allowed to do good stuff.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Happy dad Cal is the best. I really do hope he sticks around and joins up with the good guys. It'd go a long way with what is apparently Coulson's view that gifted people shouldn't be locked up, but put in a safe place and allowed to do good stuff.

Cal will become Coulson's weapon of last resort. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to have to do this, but you forced my hand." *calls Cal* "Hey. Got a Powered here who wants to hurt Skye. Yes, I know that's not her name, but the Powered won't listen to me. OK." *hangs up* "I warned you."

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Can't wait for the inevitable Daisy/Raina showdown in which Daisy vibrates Raina's thorns into shrapnel and Raina just yells out "I had a dream about this!"

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
What a happy family. :3:

https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/588855953581350912

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Can I believe this is in cannon? Like, no matter what happens next, I want Cal to have tamped down the Hyde formula enough to have a happy dinner and take a family photo before everything goes to poo poo again. :unsmith:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

This show should just drop everything it's doing and start over as a family-friendly sitcom starring those three.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Mymla posted:

This show should just drop everything it's doing and start over as a family-friendly sitcom starring those three.

With wacky neighbors Grant Ward and Agent 33!

Rarrgh
Nov 7, 2011
This show is soooo good now. People who gave up on it are missing out.

They've done a great job with Skye's parents - I hope they actually become and stay happy but of course they probably won't.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Pretty sure Cal is going to end up having to save Daisy from her mom and the other Elders. Who will have to turn on her once she's deemed a threat.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Dexo posted:

Pretty sure Cal is going to end up having to save Daisy from her mom and the other Elders. Who will have to turn on her once she's deemed a threat.

No way Skye's mom doesn't side with her if it comes to conflict, but sadly it will probably end with her in even more pieces than last time. :smith:

radlum
May 13, 2013
Do we know if they are making an Age of Ultron tie-in? It would be kind of weird if they didn't at least acknowledge that Ultron is out there fighting the Avenger right?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

radlum posted:

Do we know if they are making an Age of Ultron tie-in? It would be kind of weird if they didn't at least acknowledge that Ultron is out there fighting the Avenger right?

I expect this to happen: Age of Ultron happens. Shield and Reelshield have to team up to deal with, like, a single ultron bot causing trouble or whatever the shows budget runs to while AOU happens. This goes poorly, and Coulson activates the Theta project to come and deal with it, setting up the spinoff.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New promo art.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I like those. But I have a hard time figuring out who that is supposed to be. The blue guys are probably Coulson, Hunter and Fitz. But I have no clue about the other ones. The big guy in the back might be Koenig.

EDIT: (I did not actually think that the big cyborg is Patton Oswald.)

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 17, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think the big guy is Deathlok.

Absolutely no clue on any of the red ones.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Looks to me like the red ones are Ward, Agent 33, and maybe that doctor they went all Clockwork Orange on last time, unless he died?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Air is lava! posted:

I like those. But I have a hard time figuring out who that is supposed to be. The blue guys are probably Coulson, Hunter and Fitz. But I have no clue about the other ones. The big guy in the back might be Koenig.

Deathlok in the back. The red guys are Ward, 33, and Bakshi.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010
Coulson, Hunter, and Fitz are in blue, Deathlok in the back, and the red looked like Ward, agent 33, and Cal to me.

Edit: yeah Bakshi makes more sense

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
Didn't Skye's mom say something about Skye being in danger (potentially) for being her daughter and getting misted too young? I don't know much about the Inhumans, but is that a reference to all the trouble that Black Bolt's parents caused?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Deathlok in the back. The red guys are Ward, 33, and Bakshi.

Poor Sunil. I was sort of hoping things would work out for him and maybe he could take it easy. He is the least competent person on the show :(

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gaussian posted:

Didn't Skye's mom say something about Skye being in danger (potentially) for being her daughter and getting misted too young? I don't know much about the Inhumans, but is that a reference to all the trouble that Black Bolt's parents caused?

I think it was less "too young" and more "cut in line/had no screening"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They want everyone to undergo terrigenesis within their controlled environment so they can screen for supervillain-y powers.

"Flight? Yeah, okay, you're good. Super strength? Sure, why not? Whoa, mind control and life force draining? Nuh-uh, pal, not on my watch!"

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Azhais posted:

I think it was less "too young" and more "cut in line/had no screening"

There's not much that's worse than a psychotic bureaucrat with superpowers.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spergatory posted:

No way Skye's mom doesn't side with her if it comes to conflict, but sadly it will probably end with her in even more pieces than last time. :smith:

Her mom just said that familial attachment is what caused all of the bad things to happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if seeing the consequences that happen when you go against the plan she is reluctantly willing to do what everyone else wants

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
It's pretty great that the Afterlife cult has so much in common with ReelShield in terms of complete hypocrisy.

"Oh yeah, your old friends are so lovely for not accepting your powers. BTW, we might have you killed or jailed depending on how we feel about your powers."

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The real irony of this season is that during the first half Coulson took out the regional HYDRA group by exploiting their internal strife and rivalry. Only to then have the exact same thing happen to his SHIELD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

The Red Queen posted:

It's pretty great that the Afterlife cult has so much in common with ReelShield in terms of complete hypocrisy.

"Oh yeah, your old friends are so lovely for not accepting your powers. BTW, we might have you killed or jailed depending on how we feel about your powers."

It's not really about the powers, it's about the person. That's why Jiaying would not let the "Give me your pain" girl go through terrigenesis, because she thought she was unstable and had emotional issues.

• Locked thread