Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

I SAID I LOVE YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Mirakuru doesn't count as a bad plot device because there was only a limited amount and it's all gone. I guess for a while Slade could plug his blood into literally anyone but the cure fixed that. Also apart from Slade who was dying it was only ever used on healthy characters, and it usually killed them. It was never used on anyone who was actually dead. Well maybe ravager was dead.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Oliver controlling Ray's suit was pretty bad rear end.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Extended promo for next weeks episode

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iRbbvsV7ad0

Even Malcolm has things he won't do

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

THAT'S NOT HER NAME!!

Whoops wrong thread

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

overtone posted:

Oliver controlling Ray's suit was pretty bad.

Agreed.

I'm excited for the introduction of Lazarus Pits as Season Three needs a dunk pretty badly. We've had murder amnesia Thea, secret twin Shado, chest stab Ollie, madcry Felicity, Olicity part 3 and a whole lot of lovely flashbacks.

I'm ready for Season Four with Ollie and the Bratva, a makeshift molotov arrow and YOU HAVE FAILED THIS VODKA.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Would be cool if someone could make a super cut of all the Hong Kong flashbacks when the series is done

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like how the interview about Haynes leaving the series said they had him for a two year deal and knew the clock was ticking and were hoping he'd stick around.

Well, uh, maybe if you didn't keep cutting his scenes and gave him more development and time on the series he would have! Especially if you knew he only had a two year deal!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I see what you did there in what must be a time distortion to 2003.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I like how the interview about Haynes leaving the series said they had him for a two year deal and knew the clock was ticking and were hoping he'd stick around.

Well, uh, maybe if you didn't keep cutting his scenes and gave him more development and time on the series he would have! Especially if you knew he only had a two year deal!

And yeah, once you have a 2 year deal with an actor that is it, there is no way to get him to sign on for more years. Clock is ticking!

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Maybe now he can go back to Teen Wolf where he belongs and where his shirtlessness is not squandered. :colbert:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Valeyard posted:

Would be cool if someone could make a super cut of all the Hong Kong flashbacks when the series is done

Would be cool if someone could make a super cut through the jugular of whoever wrote the Hong Kong flashbacks.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait Roy is gone for good?

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Lance said "Dropping bodies" if you're playing the drinking game.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Wait Roy is gone for good?

He's in an episode later this season.

Also, Arrow's ratings are up 38 % over last year.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Also, Arrow's ratings are up 38 % over last year.

I'm glad, as this show owns pretty hard.

Also HOLY poo poo THAT ENDING.

Am I the only one who vastly prefers this Arrow design to to the Oliver Queen in the comics? That facial hair is so goddamn goofy.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Just watched last night's episode. Started out OK but it got good at the end! They had me fooled. I was so busy being mad at Lance's dumb vendetta, I didn't expect Roy being written off but man did you guys really have to leave Thea in the dark again? I was expecting Ollie to become Ra's to Lazarus Pit him back but looks like Thea is gonna get the honor. CTV hilariously showed a preview that seems to basically spoil every major beat for next episode, not that we couldn't have predicted it anyway. Kinda funny how two important plot forwarding bits for the Flash were brought up during the stinger though. Also I'm still mixed on Ray and The Atom. Not sold on a spinoff being awesome like the Flash.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

gently caress me that episode was a rollercoaster.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Xtanstic posted:

Just watched last night's episode. Started out OK but it got good at the end! They had me fooled. I was so busy being mad at Lance's dumb vendetta, I didn't expect Roy being written off but man did you guys really have to leave Thea in the dark again? I was expecting Ollie to become Ra's to Lazarus Pit him back but looks like Thea is gonna get the honor. CTV hilariously showed a preview that seems to basically spoil every major beat for next episode, not that we couldn't have predicted it anyway. Kinda funny how two important plot forwarding bits for the Flash were brought up during the stinger though. Also I'm still mixed on Ray and The Atom. Not sold on a spinoff being awesome like the Flash.

I agree with all this. They double-swerved me with Roy/Thea and I'm really not a big Ray fan. Brandon Routh is awesome but I don't like the character much (most of the time). Same with Snart who was also rumored for that spin-off I think? Major meh.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I didn't watch the show from the beginning, but Felicity's character "making kissy-eyes at superheroes; also smart at computer" is not doing it for me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes Roy is gone for good as a regular but unlike other actors that have left the show he's said he'll come back for guest shots on any of the CW DC shows. Including one more episode this season.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
He should totally just hoof it to Central City and team up the Flash. I mean, there's no reason for it, but maybe Flash can use him better than Arrow did.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
Having two red guys on one show is almost as mindblowingly confusing as having Deadshot in a movie and on TV, DC would never let that happen.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I've figured out how Oliver can get out of this:

• Go to Navra Whatever
  • Engage Ra's in a fight while the rest of the team sneaks Thea to the pit and dumps her in
  • Beat Ra's enough for him to surrender, because c'mon, of course that's going to happen
  • "I accept the mantle of Ra's Al Ghul!"
  • Ra's: :neckbeard:
  • "For my first act, I disband the League of Assassins and relinquish the title to my predecessor."
  • Ra's: :staredog:
  • "Action Ollie AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" *arrow grappling hooks out*

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
He could just put merlyn in charge.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

TLG James posted:

He could just put merlyn in charge.

I got a feeling that that's is Merlyn's endgame actually.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Nanda Parbat has 2 direct flights from Starling City now, due to demand.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Chokes McGee posted:

I've figured out how Oliver can get out of this:

• Go to Navra Whatever
  • Engage Ra's in a fight while the rest of the team sneaks Thea to the pit and dumps her in
  • Beat Ra's enough for him to surrender, because c'mon, of course that's going to happen
  • "I accept the mantle of Ra's Al Ghul!"
  • Ra's: :neckbeard:
  • "For my first act, I disband the League of Assassins and relinquish the title to my predecessor."
  • Ra's: :staredog:
  • "Action Ollie AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" *arrow grappling hooks out*
It's almost as though there is someone qualified to lead the LoA who Oliver is on decent terms with.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

It's almost as though there is someone qualified to lead the LoA who Oliver is on decent terms with.

I don't know, Diggle has a family to take care of.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

JohnSherman posted:

Nyssa?

e: VVVV
How dare you

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 17, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm glad Roy's gone because he's the most boring loving person in the world occasionally he will have a good line but otherwise his whole character has been wasted.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

Cupid?

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

^^^Re: being glad Roy's gone, I agree. Basically he spent half of season 2 in a coma and the fact that he hasn't done basically anything memorable since then = it's high time he left.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

JohnSherman posted:

Waller?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Well I was going to say Captain Lance's partner, but Nyssa works too, I guess.

Xtanstic posted:

How dare you

The best part of this isn't Ray's flip, it's Thea casually leaning against the bridge with her hands in her pockets while Roy gets attacked.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Swillkitsch posted:

^^^Re: being glad Roy's gone, I agree. Basically he spent half of season 2 in a coma and the fact that he hasn't done basically anything memorable since then = it's high time he left.

It's funny they don't give him anything worthwhile for a season and a half and then on his farewell episode they finally give him a meaty arc. I like Haynes, but his presence hasn't really added anything for a while, and Roy will probably work much better as a guest character anyhow.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JohnSherman posted:

Yeah, but what is Ray gonna do with a League of Assassins?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

JohnSherman posted:

Captain Lance? He's the only person with leadership experience Oliver knows, and I guess he could be called Detective, but his stance re: dropping bodies seems pretty incompatible.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

JohnSherman posted:

I dunno if Oliver and Huntress are on decent terms, but it would make sense I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

JohnSherman posted:

I don't think Barry needs any more secrets on his plate right now.

• Locked thread