Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

Hoohah you have any advice on getting Combine Empire Merchants rep? I was hoping it would be like TSS where you get the rep killing the raids but Im not getting anything in Solteris. I did the full Solteris flagging and still only at apprehensive.

Oh Christ this.

So. You have to do group missions or tasks in Katta and the surroundings.

You apparently get faction equal to half of the number of Orum you get from the mission you're doing. Each mission also has a 45 minute lockout or something that starts from when you get it.

I don't remember the names exactly but there's 3 missions just outside of the main pyramid in the north-west corner of that main area, she'll send you to Kedge land (Thalassar?) to do random stuff. With campfires and a rogue in-era I could do them faster than they could unlock.

One of the missions for Solteris (7?) where you have to wait near a portal is trivially easy. With campfires, its fast.

The question becomes why you care about it though, Merchants rep is 100% useless once you clear Solteris and get access to Pure Energians. There are easier / cheaper ways to get purity augs from Chronobines / Dream Motes / etc. Anything you could possibly want to buy are phosphene / phosphite crap from the merchants, and faction is irrelevant for those, you just need to finish Solteris events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ratzap posted:

You can do the same thing with a Necro, charm one of the spectres, buff it and go run up and down the beach. Once you've gathered enough admirers of your pet, FD and watch it carve them into chunks. This used to be a fun pastime in Nektolos too with a skeleton or zombie but one of the patches nerfed it - buffs and weapons given to a charmed pet disappear when the charm breaks.

On Rallos Zek magician pets became aggro to everyone NPCs if the owner logged out or went link dead. My friend was one of the first 50s on the server, would always log out at the Neriak bank, which made it pretty much unusable because no one could kill it.

I was bummed that my necro pet didn't do the same thing....until i discovered that it did aggro if people attacked undead near it. For that reason i would go to the skeleton pyramid in Nektulos, type /pet sit, then log off. It was beautiful.

I'd charm a kodiak in the forest with my druid, give it a damage shield, SoW, skin like nature and see invisible. Funnnnnn

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Ratzap posted:

buffs and weapons given to a charmed pet disappear when the charm breaks.

This actually came back this year some how. People were charming and giving pets stuff then invising and killing it. Lots of shawls and illusions were dropping in blightfire moors:iiam:

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Hoohah posted:

The question becomes why you care about it though, Merchants rep is 100% useless once you clear Solteris and get access to Pure Energians. There are easier / cheaper ways to get purity augs from Chronobines / Dream Motes / etc. Anything you could possibly want to buy are phosphene / phosphite crap from the merchants, and faction is irrelevant for those, you just need to finish Solteris events.

The alla guide says you have to be ally to buy solteris armor or energy sources? I dont really have a good reason for doing any of this, just wanted to be a completionist for one character.

Ive been failing Rear Guard Captain Balreth in solteris for over 6 hours now. I think he is probably harder now than he was at the time because if I get one lucky riposte string, lifetap proc or anything they instantly go out of the 5% and he turns into the other ones. I accidentally killed him before he split once and it hosed the whole raid up and had to drop and reget it, I can comfortably get to phase 3 with 8 of the clones but they have so little HP that practically anything I do messes it up. I go with a no riposte weapon and let a mage pet do it on phase 3 and unless I use a mage pet that is 20-25 levels lower it does the same thing, but then it takes a ridiculous amount of time and I cant keep up with tanking, healing, scanning HP to make sure they dont get more than 5% apart and using mage pet all at the same time. Before the split into 8 the damage is extremely light but when they turn into 8 the SK has to go no riposte or lifetap proc mode and he just cant stand there without leeching very long.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

The alla guide says you have to be ally to buy solteris armor or energy sources? I dont really have a good reason for doing any of this, just wanted to be a completionist for one character.

Ive been failing Rear Guard Captain Balreth in solteris for over 6 hours now. I think he is probably harder now than he was at the time because if I get one lucky riposte string, lifetap proc or anything they instantly go out of the 5% and he turns into the other ones. I accidentally killed him before he split once and it hosed the whole raid up and had to drop and reget it, I can comfortably get to phase 3 with 8 of the clones but they have so little HP that practically anything I do messes it up. I go with a no riposte weapon and let a mage pet do it on phase 3 and unless I use a mage pet that is 20-25 levels lower it does the same thing, but then it takes a ridiculous amount of time and I cant keep up with tanking, healing, scanning HP to make sure they dont get more than 5% apart and using mage pet all at the same time. Before the split into 8 the damage is extremely light but when they turn into 8 the SK has to go no riposte or lifetap proc mode and he just cant stand there without leeching very long.

The guides are wrong, you don't need anything except raid wins.

You have to use an ALEX or other non-ripo mainhand and basically use damage shields to beat him. Your heal bot(s) will have to do the rest of the work. If you don't have heal bots, welp, let me know and I guess I can pop on test to help? You shouldn't have to be scanning, ETW with full eyes wide open should show you all 8.

That fight is the most retarded in the zone, you can easily just unbalance Commodus (event 6), it raises the lower hit of each of the giants to like 9K with their max hit to 15K, but you just blow them the gently caress up and everything is fine. Gathering them up is going to be the harder part I'd guess.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Just got him by using a level 80 mage pet for third phase, took over an hour :suicide:

Ill def need your help when I get to UF I think, that or HoT will be the last I try to do since dijital said you have to be a really good boxer for VoA. Solteris seems like a cool zone other than blinding me with bright orange light, hope the two gods event is as good as people say it is.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Are melee haste items still a thing? Anything around level 60 that'd be easy to snag? I haven't played since the tail end of PoP so even though I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on stuff right now, I still feel a little lost.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

At 80+ basically all belts have haste.

If you want to ask questions in game just /join serverwide.gchat:fygm

Works on any server. Theres a period between the serverwide and gchat

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Ok cool, thanks.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

One shot everything after that boss, got a sexy corrupted drogmor mount and yeah I can buy all the stuff without having to do that ridiculous rep grind :hellyeah:

Now to go back and finish PoR :smith:

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 16, 2015

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

One shot everything after that boss, got a sexy corrupted drogmor mount and yeah I can buy all the stuff without having to do that ridiculous rep grind :hellyeah:

Now to go back and finish PoR :smith:

That is loving hysterical that you got a flamethrower.

We got like 9 of them on Vulak/Fippy, drove us insane.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Fabled patch just went up on test

No new ones tho

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

JustJeff88 posted:

Here is an idea - stop acting like snotty, entitled elitists.

Test is a casual player's server with a low population - we know that. People play on Test to avoid paying monthly fees in a game older than some of the player base, experiment with box combinations, do anniversary/fabled content when it is in season, and get the occasional nostalgia fix. Trying to get the numbers, skill, and commitment to do major raids is like finding a bit of hay in a mountain of needles and the fact that TDS was not given on Test for free like every other pissing expansion ever made it much worse, as I was told by an officer tonight in a /tell conversation. A lot of the people in the guild will be online and not raid, despite being the right level and decent gear, because they just don't want to. Everyone knows this, tacitly or explicitly, but having people piss on what we try to do just makes you sound like utter wankers.

The demographic of MMORPGS and gamers in general has totally changed. The people who were students or just lived with mum and dad back in 2001 and could do nothing but play EQ quite literally full-time are now the people who have families, serious jobs, and major obligations. Sorry that not everyone can be as l33t pro as RoI, whoever the gently caress they are, but those people who can all night, seven nights a week are the same people who are doing nothing else, or neglecting something that they probably should be doing. It frustrates me too; I really want to see the content that is higher up, but I am not willing to start a new character on a Live server and pay a fee every month while going through the ungodly long grind on Live with slow exp, no potions, no Vet rewards, 105 levels and 15,000 AA to earn, not to mention the nightmare of gearing properly and the fact that most people won't get into a major raiding guild anyway. That is the price that Test people pay, I suppose, but twisting the knife isn't helping.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :staredog:

Can you please do something to get probated in this thread? I want this thread to join the illustrious ranks of threads leading to you getting a custom title and/or probated for being a creepy, insufferable motherfucker

^^^ There's still some neat stuff you can pick up from fableds! I can only think of the golem illusion from PoEarth and a fabled pet weapon as worth getting, but I think there's a few more maybe!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Fabled patch just went up on test

No new ones tho

The developers, a long rear end time ago, said they purposely were stopping fabled at Planes of Power.

It's appropriate. It's the last greatest expansion.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

^^^ There's still some neat stuff you can pick up from fableds! I can only think of the golem illusion from PoEarth and a fabled pet weapon as worth getting, but I think there's a few more maybe!

You can get a bunch of rare items that have nice clickies during fabled, since fabled will drop their normal loot table plus the fabled rare item. So the fabled ball of golem clay, fabled incarnadine bp (invis click that more classes can use,) fabled feathered pegasus cloak, fabled Willsapper (its still loving horrible finding Fabled Vaniki up,) fabled Boots of Shadow Walking, is what comes to mind as a Paladin.

You'll find a bunch of nice stuff from Vex Thal for other classes, although its going to be even more permacamped during Fabled. There is also fabled Akhevan Shadow Shears for a guaranteed 15% modifier of tailoring. It won't stack with the non fabled version. I guess you can get a Fabled Captain Nalot's Eyepatch of Plunder from Stormfeather too, although the Lizardscale Plated Girdle is way, way, way better as far as self click haste goes.

edit: Oh, how can I forget. Fabled Sword of Truth! It's worse than the regular Sword of Truth, except you can equip it!

Node fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 16, 2015

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

They hosed up the marketplace store and now everything is for sale for 1 penny.

They were warned about it over half an hour ago and still marketplace is up and accepting, got a poo poo load of double faction potions for 1 SC apiece. The new expansion selling for 1 penny too but I think they would probably strip that, might get to keep something dumb like faction pots

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

They hosed up the marketplace store and now everything is for sale for 1 penny.

They were warned about it over half an hour ago and still marketplace is up and accepting, got a poo poo load of double faction potions for 1 SC apiece. The new expansion selling for 1 penny too but I think they would probably strip that, might get to keep something dumb like faction pots

loving with "free" things from the MP may get accounts banned, suspended, rolled back, or claims removed.

But they just let a guild exploit lockout for a couple days, and the people who didn't go deep on exploiting the COTF rare drop items got to keep their spoils. So if you do it, don't go nuts. But you shouldn't do it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Or you can try to talk everyone in test's general chat into buying one cent expansions, subs, and piles of LoN packs.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Rofl that was literally what I just started doing before reading that.

I went a little too crazy, couldn't resist not buying merc slots and hero forge stuff.

If I go down I am bringing some of the scum of test with me :colbert:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Rofl that was literally what I just started doing before reading that.

I went a little too crazy, couldn't resist not buying merc slots and hero forge stuff.

If I go down I am bringing some of the scum of test with me :colbert:

LoN packs and any of the opened loot is tradable. buy a box for 36 packs/1sc

That should be enough to start some fires.

RIP your LoN account if you do that. Burning an account to open shittons of packs for loremaster loots and flipping them tonight might be something that someone with a segregated account might try. But that's not something I'd want traceable back to my main account.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 16, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA :staredog:

Can you please do something to get probated in this thread? I want this thread to join the illustrious ranks of threads leading to you getting a custom title and/or probated for being a creepy, insufferable motherfucker

It seems like what he said was true though?

I don't do enough internet detective work to find out what this dude has done in the past that makes him creepy or insufferable, but his latest post was neither.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Just got home and checked account, still have everything I bought, I will wait a few weeks to opem the LoN stuff, I dont even know how to play that game anyway.

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 16, 2015

si
Apr 26, 2004
Boo, my house is presently torn up doing renos and I had to tear down my PC - I want to exploit 1SC stuff with my free 100SC that's been sitting there forever.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Errr Hoohah this Ayonae Ro event says she needs to be clicked with the Divine Fetter 30 times before she is damageable. The recast delay seems to be 20 minutes. Is this something they changed or am I really about to set myself up for a 6 hour fight?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Is there a guide somewhere that gives you the worthwhile things to do in each xpac? Stuff like interesting rewards I can get or just cool content/zones in general.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Well there's http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/quests/.
The 2 illusions you can get from SoD Field of Scale are pretty cool and easy.

Most quests that have cool rewards take a LONG time though.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Go here and click on the expansion and it will usually tell you the progression and story of the expansion as well as its most notable quests

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Expansions

Their Depths of Darkhollow stub was missing a lot though, DoDH is a pretty intricate expansion with a lot of progression and raids that were fun until you end up trying to box Demiplane of Blood and want to put a shotgun in your mouth

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Can you guys access http://www.eqtraders.com/ ? Since a week ago, it just gives me a timeout or host not found. It works on my work computer (at the office), so something is weird regarding my network/router at home.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
These are perfect, thanks guys.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Errr Hoohah this Ayonae Ro event says she needs to be clicked with the Divine Fetter 30 times before she is damageable. The recast delay seems to be 20 minutes. Is this something they changed or am I really about to set myself up for a 6 hour fight?

No they haven't change it. Yes, you're setting yourself up for a 6 hour fight. Yes the instance probably boots you after 6 hours of being open.

Have fun!

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Works fine for me Pilsner

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Hoohah posted:

No they haven't change it. Yes, you're setting yourself up for a 6 hour fight. Yes the instance probably boots you after 6 hours of being open.

Have fun!

:emo:

gonna try it anyway because I just got another week worth of lockouts getting the one fetter I thought I needed

Welp nevermind theres no way for me to box the vertigo event, not even coming close, cant keep the drunken effect off that many characters while they are being teleported around and manually finding the bats means I cant concentrate on other stuff

Ill wait a week and get like 12 fetters then ask for your help if you havent already uninstalled by then

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 16, 2015

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

hamsystem posted:

Is there a guide somewhere that gives you the worthwhile things to do in each xpac? Stuff like interesting rewards I can get or just cool content/zones in general.

All from memory starting when they added 'worthwhile things'

Velious:
* Coldain Shawl 1.0 (8 step thing with tradeskills, gets you a shawl for use later)

Planes of Power:
* Aid Grimel (Multiple step tradeskill thing, gets you a thing)

Gates of Discord:
* Breakdown in Communication (14 step quest over all the zones of GoD except Uqua, gets you a decent every-slot-but-charm aug that fits in any type except 3)
* Discord Samples (kill mobs, get their tongues, turn tongues into samples, get a thing)
* Legendary Heroes (clear Tacvi, loot books from corpses throughout the zone, turn them in to correct people for a thing)

Omens of War:
* Epic 2.0 (some classes its useful forever, some its not. Fun to do usually, so do it anyways, gets you 15 AAs)
* Trials of Mata Muram (group) (gets you resist caps, the trials are fun to do with unique restrictions)
* Trials of Mata Muram (raid) (half of the access quest to Anguish, fun to do with unique restrictions, not really necessary)
* Favors for Taromani (the signets quest, the other half of the key for Anguish. Not really necessary)

Dragons of Norrath:
Either
* Dark Reign Progression
or
* Norrath's Keepers Progression (both are normal grouping/raid progression through the expac)
* Mask of the Hidden (kill Vishimtar and Yar'Lir, buy a mask and put their eyes in it, wear it when you go to the Ascent, loot a class-unique item with a clicky)

Depths of Darkhollow
* Level 68 Spell (5 tasks involving Keliad in Stoneroot Falls, bit of lore with this one)
* Level 69 Spell (4 tasks involving some of the gnomes in Corathus Creep. Bit of lore)
* Level 70 Spell (5 tasks involving the good shiliskin in Undershore, lots of lore with this one and access to a zone for a group mission that isn't reused anywhere else)
* The Sword of Illsalin (Collect 5 gems from various tasks / drops, turn them in to get an evolving range item)
* Resist Mask (forget the name) (Do several task chains including the ones above, get items and combine them to make a resist clicky mask)
* Treddlehoop's Wonderful Monoculor Seeing Device (the flag for Dreadspire, do 4 tasks and turn in the poo poo to Treddlehoop)
* The Monocle of Blood (half of the flag for Demi-Plane, do a bunch of tasks including a raid fight to get a Lens of Blood, then turn it in to Treddlehoop with your Seeing Device for a Monocle)

Prophecy of Ro
* Freeport Arena Badge (charm, do 42 fights in the Freeport Arena that increase in difficulty each wave)
* Group Tier Armor (kill mobs specific to your class in Theater of Blood, the BPs give you a unique by-class click ability)
* The Chalice of Life (aug, do 3 tasks in Elddar Forest, then do a fun blitz / dps raid and loot the drop to get the aug)
* Harmonic Chime (old flag to get to Theater of Blood, do 3 Skylance tasks, do 1 Razorthorn task, then 3 Takish Hiz tasks)
* Divine Fetters of Ro (half of the flag for Deathknell, kill Daosheen, Sullon Zek, and Suchun to get the Divine Fetters of Ro, needed to gently caress up Ayonae Ro at the end of Deathknell)
* Inspiration (kill any of the 6 major bosses in Theater of Blood, loot an inspiration, give it to the drake at the zone in of Theater to finish Deathknell flag)

The Serpent's Spine
* Shield of the Otherworld (collect 18 shield fragments from named around and in Ashengate and Vergalid, turn them in for an aug)
* Access to Vergalid raids (do 5 tasks in Sunderrock, then kill Kellak the Serpent Lord mini raid)
* Access to Fergarin's raids (Get ally faction, then do 3 tasks for Fergarin).
* Rebuild the Portal of War (do 3 tasks in Steppes, then use the item(s) you got on the broken portal, kill a bunch of bosses)

The Buried Sea
* Portal Reactivation (do 3 tasks, then you can use the portals to get around faster in Katta Castrum)
* A City In Peril (Solteris access quest, several missions with some solo tasks in between)

Secrets of Faydwer
* Blessed Celestine Faycite (do a bunch of tasks for Camp Valor in Hills of Shade, gets an aug)
* Cursed Obsidian Faycite (do a bunch of tasks for Bertoxxulous' Chosen in Hills of Shade, gets an aug)
* Spatial Temporal Oculus (do a poo poo load of tasks in Dragonscale, Fortress Mech, and Steam Factory, gets a face aug)
* Ak'anon Strike Force Black Badge (do a long, farmy task in Fortress Mech, Meldrath's Mansion, and SHIP for an aug)
* Valthun's Memory Shard (do the 5-sub-task task Invasion of the Defilers, gets you a charm aug)
* Lantern o Wisps (do 9 tasks for the human camp in Hills of Shade, gets you a useless click item)
* Scorn (do both Valthun's Shard and Lantern, buy a rose, kill Scorn)
* Access to Bimbilicus (do most of the Cursed Obsidian Faycite tasks, unlocks a tier 3 raid)
* Access to Woof raids (do 5 tasks for the Fang Breakers, then 2 mini raids)
* Access to Meldrath's Majestic Mansion (group) (do the task 'The Search for the Ultimate Story' up to the point it gives you a key, then configure your key and zone in)
* Access to Meldrath's Majestic Mansion (raid) (finish the task 'The Search for the Ultimate Story' including the Steam Factory, Big Bynn, and Overseer raids)
* Access to Crystallos (group) (do the task 'Beyond the Barrier' up to the point it tells you to look around Crystallos)
* Access to Crystallos (raid) (finish 'Beyond the Barrier' including killing Meldrath and looting a crystal)

Seeds of Destruction
* Bayle's Heraldic Crest (bunch of tasks in OGV / OGH, gets you a multi-slot aug)
* Blood of the Fallen (bunch of tasks in Bloody Kith and Old Commonlands, gets you a multi-slot aug)
* Baron Yosig's Skull (bunch of tasks in Field of Scale and the surroundings, gets you an iksar skeleton illusion item)
* Unlock J5 Mercs the old way (do the Warrens tasks including the group mission)
* Rallosian Ogre (bunch of tasks in Warrens and Toskirakk, gets you an hp/mana/endurance familiar)
* Dark Soul Crystal (bunch of tasks in Old Bloodfields and Korafax)
* Request Korafax Raid (do the disheveled human tasks, then do Telivar's tasks including the mini raid Stardouser)

Underfoot
* Gain access to Tier 8 (do all the group missions in Tier 6 and 7)
* Gain access to Volska's Husk (do all the group missions in Tier 8)
* Gain access to The Convorteum (do all the group missions in Tier 8 and Volska's Husk)
* Coldain Shawl 2.0 (Talk to a dude when you zone in with Shawl 1.0 in Brell's Temple, do the task chain he gives you, gets you a shoulder/waist item to turn in to an aug later, even better if you can kill The First Creation)

House of Thule
* Gain access to Tier 3 (do all the group missions in tier 1 and 2)
* Gain access to Tier 4 (do all the group missions in tier 3)
* Get the Staff of Arcane Dispossession (do the Morell's Castle partisan tasks and mission).
* Get the zone trophies (do all the partisan, hero, and mercenary achievements in each zone, gets you a stat trophy for your house).

That's as far as I've gone, VoA and on is basically the same as HoT just different mini stuff and some other things like evolve horrendously cursed items into awesome ones.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

:emo:

gonna try it anyway because I just got another week worth of lockouts getting the one fetter I thought I needed

Welp nevermind theres no way for me to box the vertigo event, not even coming close, cant keep the drunken effect off that many characters while they are being teleported around and manually finding the bats means I cant concentrate on other stuff

Ill wait a week and get like 12 fetters then ask for your help if you havent already uninstalled by then

I don't recall, do you even have a rogue?

You can't finish event 2 without one, you *have* to disarm the traps. Not trip them, not ignore them, disarm them.

Deathknell is also the only zone I won't help you with. gently caress that horrendous pile of rear end. I hope whoever made it got fired, probably not though.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Yeah I have a rogue, also just figured out that if I max out my alcohol tolerance the vertigo wont affect me, it says its only triggered if your AT is below 500, at 100 it can be 525. Now to level up AT on a dozen characters hoo boy

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Hoohah posted:

BIG AWESOME HELPFUL POST

Thanks for this effortpost, this is exactly what I was wanting.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Hoohah posted:

That's as far as I've gone, VoA and on is basically the same as HoT just different mini stuff and some other things like evolve horrendously cursed items into awesome ones.

Hey man having your items shadowstep you randomly, or drop your slashing skill to like 50 were pretty funny. I think near max level you lost about 20k hp just from having it on; the negative stats and the loss of a normal gear slot, and on top of that one of the random effects would cap your hp to 50%

darkhand fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 16, 2015

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
FAQ thing for the new progression server got put up, some kewl things, some lame things.

Basically no RAF, possibility of launching with Kunark or Velious instead of just classic.

Rest is pretty meh.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I didn't really stay on top of the last Prog server but I know they stalled out on voting several times, but it seems insane to project that this one won't open, like, PoP for at least 2-4 years based on that FAQ. I get that the point isn't to rush to current content or anything, but ... still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Jotto posted:

FAQ thing for the new progression server got put up, some kewl things, some lame things.

Basically no RAF, possibility of launching with Kunark or Velious instead of just classic.

Rest is pretty meh.

The newbie zones are going to get instanced depending on load which I think is stupid. The classic experience was having players everywhere.

And I just thought of something, what the gently caress is going to happen to East Commonlands tunnel auctioning? You can't do that poo poo with multiple instances of it running.