Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Well this ports off to a bad start. Game refuses to go full screen under any mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

BrettRobb posted:

Well this ports off to a bad start. Game refuses to go full screen under any mode

user error :devil:

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Does nothing. What a bad port

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

African AIDS cum posted:

Is there a time limit on cheats on this? That was gay as gently caress on 360. I only play these games to gently caress around i have never completed a single mission

please respond

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

African AIDS cum posted:

please respond

Try cheatengine.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

pressing ` or ¬ (tilde) or whatever it is brings up a cheat menu thing

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this game is making me want to upgrade my graphics card... and ram... and get an ssd

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

StabMasterArson posted:

pressing ` or ¬ (tilde) or whatever it is brings up a cheat menu thing

do the cheats stay on, cause on the console they go away after 5 minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

do the cheats stay on, cause on the console they go away after 5 minutes

you can do whatever you want, thanks to pc gaming.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

this game is making me want to upgrade my graphics card... and ram... and get an ssd

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

:pcgaming:

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i preferred to play quake 3 arena instead of gta 5 this evening

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

vug posted:

i preferred to play quake 3 arena instead of gta 5 this evening

Don't feel bad, I'm playing Warframe instead of GTA 5 tonight.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
im working on porting over skyrim extended schlongs over to gta, stay tuned

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse posted:

Alright, for any GTX 780 users or similar hardware, I've achieved constant 60 fps with no stuttering at 1080p with incredible graphical fidelity. Give this a shot.

The most important thing is to turn off the in-game vsync and force it through your control panel along with triple buffering. This completely eliminated the stuttering I was having as well as framerate drops.

After that, these are the settings I was able to push it to:

- 1920x1080
- DX 11
- Fullscreen
- AF 16x
- 2x MSAA + TXAA
- Reflection MSAA @ Off
- Textures, Environments, Water, Shadows, Shaders, Tesselation @ Very High
- Ambient Occlusion, Post FX, Grass, Particles @ High
- Reflections @ Ultra
- Soft Shadows @ Softer
- Long Shadows, Streaming While Flying @ On
- High Res Shadows @ Off
- Population Density/Variety, Distance scaling all @ 100%
- Extended Distance & Shadows both @ 60%

It's so loving smooth and good looking after I messed with it for a few days and got this configuration. Hope this helps anyone who's still dialing poo poo in.

Revising this a bit. Changing TXAA to FXAA and Extended Distance/Shadows from 60% to 30% finally hit the sweet spot.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is it just me or does Franklin seem more swole every time I switch to him.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
T;his video is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JszgRbNvBrU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm loling at all the people in games tat ignored the warnings that their rockstar account and steam account will be permanently linked and filled them with monkey cheese stuff and fake emails and now they can;t play GTA V.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm loling at all the people in games tat ignored the warnings that their rockstar account and steam account will be permanently linked and filled them with monkey cheese stuff and fake emails and now they can;t play GTA V.

This happens in every thread with a previously released game having linked accounts w/ steam and poo poo. It's awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A cool thing to do is drive around following the traffic laws and get into road rage fights when people cut you off and bump into you.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Knuc U Kinte posted:

A cool thing to do is drive around following the traffic laws and get into road rage fights when people cut you off and bump into you.

It is very cool to do this. I only go after the people that flip me off or call me names, very satisfying to beat a mouthy NPC to death.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The amount of cars on the road makes a huge difference now. Almost every intersection is packed to the brim.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The amount of cars on the road makes a huge difference now. Almost every intersection is packed to the brim.

even though my PC could take it i turned car density down because boy do i like driving fast on relatively empty roads

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Instead of playing this im going to actually get into Sleeping Dogs because I've had a copy installed for a while and then a big torrent of other games came out and I forgot about it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Instead of playing this im going to actually get into Sleeping Dogs because I've had a copy installed for a while and then a big torrent of other games came out and I forgot about it.

Sleeping Dogs is good...but you should wait until a bunch of other people aree playing it so you can all try and beat each others' roundhouse scores.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
The track up the mountain is cougar central.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

I like having to dodge traffic when running from cops or even when I just wanna go fast. Makes it a lot more exciting.

I'm kinda pissed off that I can't get an ocelot to spawn in GTA:O, I've been driving around the boardwalk and the hills and it just won't do it

I found mine right outside eclipse towers in vine wood.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Remind me. Isn't there some kind of hidden subset of missions for Michael that goes away after you beat the main story?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Remind me. Isn't there some kind of hidden subset of missions for Michael that goes away after you beat the main story?

Epsilon?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is anyone using mouse and controller at the same time? How do you set that up?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Yeah. Thanks

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Epsilon doesn't go away after you beat the main story though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is anyone using mouse and controller at the same time? How do you set that up?

You can press the stick on the controller and mouse to aim and it works at the same time perfectly.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

You can press the stick on the controller and mouse to aim and it works at the same time perfectly.

I cant figure out how to bind accelerate to the left side of the controller though. All the presets leave them alone and you can't rebind them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I cant figure out how to bind accelerate to the left side of the controller though. All the presets leave them alone and you can't rebind them.

You probably can't then.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i found a way to rebind the controller when i was doing the intro mission but looking at the menu i can't find it now

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

oh it was just gamepad calibration sorry

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Not sure if you can use it with an actual xbox controller, but if you have another one you could run x360ce and bind to your heart's desire.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Repping the Obese Brotherhood in full on Sir Mode:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Repping the Obese Brotherhood in full on Sir Mode:

lmfao

• Locked thread