Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

:golfclap:

This was in 2010 and the general retired last year, I just posted it apropos of the punisher discussion.
Wonder if the fresh-faced PIO in charge of the facebook page will even get the reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

orange juche posted:

http://youtubedoubler.com/f3js

Timed this poo poo perfectly, it matches the explosion, both times :getin:

God dammit. The jihadi video is not working so now I don't get to see it. :(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

USMC503 posted:

God dammit. The jihadi video is not working so now I don't get to see it. :(

http://youtubedoubler.com/f3XA

Try this one.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 16, 2015

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
A nerd friend of mine from Toronto tried to get a kush-grenade from some gaming convention in LA through the screeners at LAX and spent the next six hours getting grilled by every scary LAPD and homeland sec stooge you could imagine. Years later he also got patted down while in a wheelchair trying to fly to Israel for experimental cancer treatment so maybe he just flagged as a threat.

Back to lurking, thanks

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what the gently caress is a kush grenade? is that some kind of hesher slang?

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

what the gently caress is a kush grenade? is that some kind of hesher slang?

Nerf-grenade. Handed out at some COD booth I guess. He said the first thing the screeners did was pull the fake pin out on it.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

It's either :420: paraphernalia or tech expo swag. The one I have is a foam rubber grenade that vibrates when the pin is pulled.

edit: yep

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Hahaha, why the gently caress would you think, "Imma take my grenade-shaped pocket rocket on an airplane"? The TSA will stop people carrying no-kidding high level DoD access credentials. They don't know or care who you are or what your story is if your set off the flashing lights on their machines.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Whenever I have had the pleasure of going through security screening I have always marvelled at the fact that America's first line of defence against terrorists consists of its most retarded citizens. Always feels safe knowing that I've got a slackjawed D+ student watching my back when I fly.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It's all just security theater. There to make you feel safer as opposed to actually making you safer.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

This is pretty old but still a good introductory read about Bruce Schneier, who shits all over the TSA pretty much always and talks a lot about security theater stuff:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/11/the-things-he-carried/307057/

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The only time I was stopped by the TSA was when I was flying after a week spent doing demo training at FLW. Otherwise my white male privilege has been in full effect.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
It doesn't have to be perfect, just a reasonable chance of ruining terror plan xyz, and they've done something. It's not perfect but meh.

I'm waiting for a kid stuffed with explosives or old person in a light jihadi jacket to make it thru, it seems like the most logical answer to TSA measures.

I guess as long as keep droning wedding parties we don't have to worry about that either, though.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Best part of airport security is the sham they go through with utility vehicles.
I used to volunteer as an EMT and had the occasional transport to or from a plane on the tarmac.
Security going through the ambulance, noting the entry tool and all the sharp implements, moving on. They sure could't take anything out.
My favourite part was wheeling the patient on the metal gurney through the metal detector. Sure went beep, imagine that...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's all just security theater. There to make you feel safer as opposed to actually making you safer.

I dunno, the guy who posted earlier acting all pissed off that they were searching him because he reeked of gunpowder made me feel a little better about their actual effectiveness

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mad Dragon posted:

It's either :420: paraphernalia or tech expo swag. The one I have is a foam rubber grenade that vibrates when the pin is pulled.

edit: yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77idJX4YCjE

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Which is exactly why, if you fly more than once a year, you get Global Entry to expedite coming back from abroad and get a Known Traveler Number. Then use your KTN to get TSA pre-check for domestic flights and get treated closer to a human instead of taking off shoes, belts, laptops, etc.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Nick Soapdish posted:

Which is exactly why, if you fly more than once a year, you get Global Entry to expedite coming back from abroad and get a Known Traveler Number. Then use your KTN to get TSA pre-check for domestic flights and get treated closer to a human instead of taking off shoes, belts, laptops, etc.

Yup. Though sending the people that get swabbed through the one or if you're luck two precheck lanes loving blows.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
George Carlin called 911 or at least the fact that they could bring box cutters on the plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQdC-e82gmk

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Years ago I thought I'd work for them as an easy job while I do some college work after I first EAS'd. They were so stupid, assbackwards, and belligerently idiotic that I re-enlisted because it was less aggravating.

You know how Schmucaktellil or Joe are stupid? But you can usually beat them with the manual and they'll get the basic idea? TSA screeners will roll to disbelieve you like knowledge of their job is an illusion.

Edit: More aggravating than friendly fire causing dipshits disguised as leadership.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

I dunno, the guy who posted earlier acting all pissed off that they were searching him because he reeked of gunpowder made me feel a little better about their actual effectiveness

I am the guy.

The searching wasn't what made me mad. It was their attitude.

I wonder if I got really really really high if those machines would go off thinking I had the evil mari-juan-as on me :ohdear:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Getting really sick of all this "Durr what's a gyrocopter? Here's a gyrocopter, here's another gyrocopter, here's a gyrocopter pilot, has anyone seen The Road Warrior or Beyond Thunderdom durrrrrrr". CNN just showed a flythrough using Google Earth imagery which might have been informative if they hadn't been banging on the same track for the last 24 hours. The story here is that he announced that he was going to do it a year ago, and no real attempt to stop him was made.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
Pretty sure I drunkenly got a folding knife through security. I was late for a flight, about to deploy, and pretty buzzed. I was too late to check my bags so I did the the gate check thing and I think I had a spring assist folder in my bag. I didn't mean to but I remember when I got to my destination and dug through my bag and saw my knife I just thought "hmm, got lucky there"... and that was the moment I lost all faith in airport security. Either that or when my old incompetent former boss waved me through the metal detector.

I've decided to leave old pairs of gloves back at my home of record and will fly with them to get them there, after handling C4, no issues. Gloves, which have been in direct contact with no bull poo poo explosive, with no follow up questions or that bullshit tag in the bag. If I fly with a striped AR-15 receiver in my luggage poo poo gets torn open by TSA but other things won't get a second look. I just wish I could get a job where I red team TSA all day and poo poo on all of their days, fight back for all the shoeless and beltless people who have been groped while getting paid.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

IIRC TSA did do some red team stuff itself in 2003. They failed miserably. The actual red team report is secret, but gao references it in one of their reports. Gold stuff like "the objective is to test whether operators can use their detection machines, not whether they are actually effective". :smithicide:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I carried a gently caress load of pills through LAX travelling international twice and no one gave a poo poo about it.

I dunno if they are suppose to care? It was seriously a lot of drugs in my carry on.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco
Lets see, I've made round trips with a box of slugs in my carry on (it was deer season), knives, lighters, and at least one trip pretty sure I had explosives residue on my clothes. None of those trips involved more than a smile as I passed through.

Best TSA story was when I was flying through National a few years ago. Guy in front of me puts his carry on through the xray. Guy watching the screen moves it forward, then a supervisor that was walking by says "back that up". He then points to the screen and says "do you see that? thats a gun, you come over here."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The last time I flew back home from Charleston, SC (via Charlotte, NC, luggage was checked through to the final destination), I had 8 packs of Jack Link's beef jerky, half original, half Teriyaki. When I touched down and checked my luggage out in Frankfurt, there was a tag on it notifying me that it had been opened due to a random luggage check and that my lock had to be broken open because it wasn't TSA-spec. (it was, a loving number lock with that dumb TSA master key opening on the bottom, no less)

4 packs of my beef jerky were gone.

Just the Teriyaki.

gently caress the TSA.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, I'll just conclude that the best way to get poo poo onto planes that you are not supposed is just to walk it on.

And I would've stolen your fuckin' teriyaki beef jerky as well, that poo poo is pretty good.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Flying to my first duty station, somebody stole a pair of pants and a multitool out of my duffel. The multitool was whatever, I've got like 1,000 more of those things, but those jeans were seriously the most comfy jeans I'd ever owned.

I got them right after basic and they were stolen immediately after. :(

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
If your a drunkenly belligerently angry enough crazy vet you can get no-fly-listed except for 1) medical evacuation and 2) judicially ordered or 3) Non U.S. Origination and Destination flights (I.E. Not TSA screened).

If you just choke one goddamn sky oval office suddenly when she tries to wake your cat napping rear end, in Obama's America, you are Rambo in alllllllll the wrong ways. That amped up Air Marshall doesn't give a gently caress if that's your EAS freedom beard or your downtown Raqqa Metro FastPASS: His use of force is getting escalated and your only scoring another TBI for the VA to ignore and spending some time that day getting your rear end in a top hat turned inside out for orifice searching.

Don't choke your hostess, folks.
:tipshat:

(As a Jew I always felt uncomfortable anytime Lufthansa took me to 30k feet, anyway. Something about krauts pushing kikes through the atmosphere in any way, particularly at cloud height, was uncomfortable in a very fundamental way, somehow. :colbert:)

If we didn't have the TSA an entire economic class of black Americans in major metropolitan areas would disappear overnight in a flurry of rims rental stores and salon supply stores and pawn shops.

Think about it. Atlanta would collapse. Literally. It'd be like planet of the apes meets walking dead meets soul plane.

:stare:

Also this postal worker brouhaha is likely gonna force the Feds to start going full retard even on satire they find on the 'net. So uh, disclaimer: I'm not exactly white but I hate Muslims and love America. I love America with a passion that borders on the erotic. So what? So Muhammad's child raping false prophet rear end can suck my dick from the back because (real) God is gonna greet me as one of the original wedding crashers at the great all American Judea-christian Intel / Ops Sync VTC in the sky.

:911:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

If your a drunkenly belligerently angry enough crazy vet you can get no-fly-listed except for 1) medical evacuation and 2) judicially ordered or 3) Non U.S. Origination and Destination flights (I.E. Not TSA screened).

If you just choke one goddamn sky oval office suddenly when she tries to wake your cat napping rear end, in Obama's America, you are Rambo in alllllllll the wrong ways. That amped up Air Marshall doesn't give a gently caress if that's your EAS freedom beard or your downtown Raqqa Metro FastPASS: His use of force is getting escalated and your only scoring another TBI for the VA to ignore and spending some time that day getting your rear end in a top hat turned inside out for orifice searching.

Don't choke your hostess, folks.
:tipshat:

(As a Jew I always felt uncomfortable anytime Lufthansa took me to 30k feet, anyway. Something about krauts pushing kikes through the atmosphere in any way, particularly at cloud height, was uncomfortable in a very fundamental way, somehow. :colbert:)

If we didn't have the TSA an entire economic class of black Americans in major metropolitan areas would disappear overnight in a flurry of rims rental stores and salon supply stores and pawn shops.

Think about it. Atlanta would collapse. Literally. It'd be like planet of the apes meets walking dead meets soul plane.

:stare:

Also this postal worker brouhaha is likely gonna force the Feds to start going full retard even on satire they find on the 'net. So uh, disclaimer: I'm not exactly white but I hate Muslims and love America. I love America with a passion that borders on the erotic. So what? So Muhammad's child raping false prophet rear end can suck my dick from the back because (real) God is gonna greet me as one of the original wedding crashers at the great all American Judea-christian Intel / Ops Sync VTC in the sky.

:911:

:allears:

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 17, 2015

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
The TSA guys in Minot and Jersey have always just waved me through without getting searched when they see my CAC card. It's p neat

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I can't remember if it was TSA or New York PD who I talked to, but I got called into their office when I flew from Germany to LaGuardia and had my busted rear end mags and buttstock in my checked luggage from when a sniper shot me in Baghdad. They were cool about it and wanted to hear what happened to me. At first it was 'oh poo poo undeclared firearms parts' but they calmed down once they knew I was a soldier.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mike-o posted:

I can't remember if it was TSA or New York PD who I talked to, but I got called into their office when I flew from Germany to LaGuardia and had my busted rear end mags and buttstock in my checked luggage from when a sniper shot me in Baghdad. They were cool about it and wanted to hear what happened to me. At first it was 'oh poo poo undeclared firearms parts' but they calmed down once they knew I was a soldier.

when i was going to korea i had to take a bag carry on unexpectedly. forgot what i packed in it and when i went through security in seattle i found out it was the bag that had my gerber, several m16 mags, and a blank firing adapter.

almost didn't make it to korea because of that one.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i feel safer flying because i get plowed over drunk

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

go3 posted:

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

BaconAndBullets posted:

Pretty sure I drunkenly got a folding knife through security. I was late for a flight, about to deploy, and pretty buzzed. I was too late to check my bags so I did the the gate check thing and I think I had a spring assist folder in my bag. I didn't mean to but I remember when I got to my destination and dug through my bag and saw my knife I just thought "hmm, got lucky there"... and that was the moment I lost all faith in airport security. Either that or when my old incompetent former boss waved me through the metal detector.

I've decided to leave old pairs of gloves back at my home of record and will fly with them to get them there, after handling C4, no issues. Gloves, which have been in direct contact with no bull poo poo explosive, with no follow up questions or that bullshit tag in the bag. If I fly with a striped AR-15 receiver in my luggage poo poo gets torn open by TSA but other things won't get a second look. I just wish I could get a job where I red team TSA all day and poo poo on all of their days, fight back for all the shoeless and beltless people who have been groped while getting paid.

I was flying last year and had my seat mate whip out a 4" mora knife and start cutting up an avocado.
She said "security didn't say anything about my knife so I guess it's okay"
I made sure to block the view of the whole thing when the stewardess went by- I didn't feel like landing in Bumfuck S. Dakota because of an overreaction...

Sharp object related

http://gawker.com/man-slices-up-trio-of-alleged-burglars-with-decorative-1697714852

And NWS/NMS results of choppy hopping

http://m.imgur.com/a/Hmgja

https://m.imgur.com/a/l0whx

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Holy poo poo that article owns. And those dudes would've loving died if the cops hadn't tracked them down. The loving hand and face wounds, :drat:

Also, the TSA is staffed by people unqualified to become real cops or unwilling to go through the training. Think about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

go3 posted:

the problem with this is the drinks are 12 bucks a pop at the airport bars and the beers are 8 bucks each on the plane and they only take credit cards :wtc:

• Locked thread