Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on non-dom tax status – A row has broken out between Labour and the Tories over a pledge by Ed Miliband to abolish the non-domicile tax status" After Low.

Telegraph:

Putin: Greece did not seek financial aid from Russia

Independent:

Election 2015: Ed Balls defends 'non-dom' comments

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Tony Blair's election intervention

:yayclod: Also: General Election colouring-in! :yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Stop blamin' Tony Blair for Iraq, that's ancient history, Cameron is leading from behind! :freep:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Good poo poo, OP!

Telegraph:

Election 2015: Tories stand by Miliband Trident attack

Independent:

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:
Mac on... Ed Miliband's plan to scrap non-dom tax (also Hatton Garden raid: Vault breached via lift shaft)

'Just in case we have to scrap the non-dom tax, Ed Balls has come up with a contingency plan...'

Mail:
Mac on... the Sussex oil discovery

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Cloud Potato posted:

'Just in case we have to scrap the non-dom tax, Ed Balls has come up with a contingency plan...'
Confirmed sexhaver and master criminal? Labour have been trying for years to make him look this cool!

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

This is a bit odd: when the story is 'Tory minister says a [stupid] thing,' I'm amazed that the Indy is the most supportive. Is Lebedev a non-dom or something? There seems to be a bit of an anti-Labour run recently.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Kegluneq posted:

Confirmed sexhaver and master criminal? Labour have been trying for years to make him look this cool!

Who steals diamonds from the rich to fund public services?! :c00lbert:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Who steals diamonds from the rich to fund public services?! :c00lbert:

I was going to say, it's like making him look like a cross between James Bond, Robin Hood and George Clooney in Ocean's 11 is supposed to be an attack now.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the attack on Labour over Trident – The defence secretary, Michael Fallon, says the United Kingdom’s nuclear programme is in danger of being abandoned if Ed Miliband is elected as prime minister" After Doctor Strangelove.

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on David Cameron's voluntary work proposal – Conservatives plan to let people take three days a year paid leave for volunteering in a revival of their ‘big society’ ideas" Also Grand National is today.

Telegraph:

Times:

General Election 2015: Tories switch to campaign Plan B as they suffer in opinion polls

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The knives are out for David Cameron - Chris Riddell on the unforgiving Tory party"

Sunday Telegraph:

Election 2015: Tories would cut inheritance tax; Election 2015: Tories 'confident' about £8bn NHS pledge

Independent:

Trident blocking path to SNP and Labour deal

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Ok that Indy one made me laugh.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The phrasing is bothering me. "Dinnae you..." would make more sense to my ear.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

goatface posted:

The phrasing is bothering me. "Dinnae you..." would make more sense to my ear.

English cartoonist in ham-fisted understanding of Scots shocker.

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014

Not what I expected from them, the Times they are a changing?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

I found the badger, but where're the bird and the fox? :confused:

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Unless I'm missing something, I love that this is what the BoB thinks the average voter is like. Barbour jacket, shirt, Clarkson-high denim jeans.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

J_RBG posted:

Unless I'm missing something, I love that this is what the BoB thinks the average voter is like. Barbour jacket, shirt, Clarkson-high denim jeans.
I think the joke isn't supposed to be anything deeper than http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-public-wrong-about-nearly-everything-survey-shows-8697821.html

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tory inheritance tax plan – Institute for Fiscal Studies says only a small proportion of estates would be affected by the plan to raise inheritance tax threshold on family homes to £1m"

Telegraph:

Masters 2015: Jordan Spieth wins first major with dominant display

Independent:

Times:

George Osborne refuses to answer how Tories will fund £8bn NHS pledge 15 times in excruciating interview on The Andrew Marr Show

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Coohoolin posted:

Ok that Indy one made me laugh.

Yeah I'm actually shocked. Also, Riddell managed to learn a bit of show don't tell with those daggers!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah I'm actually shocked. Also, Riddell managed to learn a bit of show don't tell with those daggers!

Sometimes I see things in cartoons and think 'they should actually get those made and sell them, they'd be a hit'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tory and Labour election pledges – Ed Miliband launches Labour’s manifesto with a promise to stabilise public finances while David Cameron is wooing voters with tax cut plans"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
But he didn't even do anything yet. loving Times and I'm typically against whining about the messages presented too.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

But he didn't even do anything yet. loving Times and I'm typically against whining about the messages presented too.

Look man as Gordon Brown's Environment Secretary Ed Milliband was actually responsible for the global financial collapse.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

marktheando posted:

Look man as Gordon Brown's Environment Secretary Ed Milliband was actually responsible for the global financial collapse.

At any point he could have ran into Gordon Brown's office and stabbed him in the neck with a letter opener. And yet he didn't. Brookes will never forgive him.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Angepain posted:

At any point he could have ran into Gordon Brown's office and stabbed him in the neck with a letter opener. And yet he didn't. Brookes will never forgive him.

It's all that red green crap tape he introduced. It forced, forced banks to lend unwisely and repackage debt incredibly dishonestly.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
I'm dreading a Labour win if it means we have to put up with these terrible Wallace and Gromit cartoons for the next five years.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ed is entirely responsible for stopping Dave and Gid from passing all the legislation they needed to save the world, because of his communist principles.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on equality in the general election – To demonstrate his earnest purpose, David Cameron appointed more women to his cabinet – who were promptly ranked by the Daily Mail on their fashion sense"

Telegraph:

Election 2015: Conservative manifesto at-a-glance

Times:

David Cameron: Conservatives offering 'a good life' for all After The Good Life.

Mail:
Mac on...The 'right-to-buy' No. 10

'Wow! That was a crafty move.'

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on...The 'right-to-buy' No. 10

'Wow! That was a crafty move.'

That's actually pretty good for Mac.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Easily the best of the day, Mac wins again.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on equality in the general election – To demonstrate his earnest purpose, David Cameron appointed more women to his cabinet – who were promptly ranked by the Daily Mail on their fashion sense"

If anyone's wondering why that image is looking kinda off, it's because it's a heavily referenced version of the picture on the 2015 Tory Manifesto:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Crashbee posted:

I'm dreading a Labour win if it means we have to put up with these terrible Wallace and Gromit cartoons for the next five years.

It looks like Bell is going to keep the condom around, too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

frankenfreak posted:

It looks like Bell is going to keep the condom around, too.

He's been doing the condom since before he was PM

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Right, since Milliband isn't PM yet.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the 2010 and 2015 general elections – As voting day nears, parties big and small are still jostling for position and multiple configurations of allegiances remain on the table"

Telegraph:

Ukip will keep defence spending at 2 per cent of GDP, says Farage; Candy-stripe house redesign makes Kensington neighbours see red

Yesterday's Independent:

Independent:

Election 2015: UKIP manifesto at-a-glance :magical:

Times:

Nick Clegg: The choice is me, Salmond or Farage

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

He aimed for the metaphor "written on the back of a fag-packet" and hit "it's in fact a packet of fags" which is unforgivably clumsy, I don't care how sweaty you draw your Farage.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the BBC’s challengers election debate – The BBC devotes an hour of prime-time broadcasting to politicians hammering the government’s record, with no one from the government there to defend it" Election 2015: Cameron warns voters off a Labour/SNP 'coalition of chaos'

Telegraph:

Independent:

The NHS is an important political issue.

Times:

Migrants killed in 'religious clash' on Mediterranean boat

Mail:
Mac on... The Labour Party's manifesto

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... The Labour Party's manifesto

I don't know why Peter Lorre is suddenly interested in UK politics, but it's sure scaring those toys :v:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
aww come on mac, you had an actual joke last time, now it's just back to pee pee doo doo Ed Milliband is Bad again. I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Wowwww that Times one is heartless

• Locked thread