Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I have faith that one day Guts will reach the Dark Continent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Can't wait to tell my grandchildren about Elf Island. Oh wait this isn't the Berserk thread, woops.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
There's a Berserk thread? How many must have fallen into archives...

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mraagvpeine posted:

There's a Berserk thread? How many must have fallen into archives...

The current one was started in 2007, so not very many. People are able to gin up reasons to post all the time, like complaining, false hope, taunting newcomers to the series, and making Idolmaster jokes.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Actually it's the thread where we hope our grandchildren tell us about elf island

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Elf island is like a prophecy every generation of a cult thinks will come to pass in their life time, like the coming of Zorp in parks and rec.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Bambino! Secondo status: still dumb.

Carry on.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What's happening in Bambino that's dumb? And will I regret asking?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mraagvpeine posted:

What's happening in Bambino that's dumb?

Making a Secondo

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think I've heard a single positive remark about that franchise. Why keep reading?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I don't think I've heard a single positive remark about that franchise. Why keep reading?

Honestly? Inertia and the memory of better times (the first Bambino!) series. Also the fact that, thanks to the glacial pace of the translation, it takes me literally ten minutes every month to read everything that comes out, so it's not a huge waste of time.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Nate RFB posted:

Bambino was pretty good, so I did it and then I stopped without moving onto the sequel because it was bad.

Then someone started doing the sequel.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New Hero Union BBS.

:darksouls:

(If you're not reading this, you should.)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Nice, I'd missed a few updates so this is like a triple/quadruple update for me!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

New Hero Union BBS.

It's like i traveled back to the year 2005, the misaligned Impact font, the thumbnail-size resolutions... What a blast from the past.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Ah, yes, Yusha. A common name in fantasy mangas.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I hate all the stupid fantasy hero manga. It's so played out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shake that cane, gramps.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

He's right

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Cynic Jester posted:

Ah, yes, Yusha. A common name in fantasy mangas.

Japan has this big thing with calling their jrpg-esque heroes Hero. I bet it's Dragon Quest's fault.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

Mikl posted:

New Hero Union BBS.

Dude this sucks.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Mikl posted:

New Hero Union BBS.

They should have bought less armor and more 10 foot poles.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New Inside Mary chapter over at Crunchyroll.

How did Mari/Isao reach that conclusion?
Also, note how in this phone call, like the one before, "Phone Mari" doesn't interact with the people on the other side of the line. She just calls, says her thing, then hangs up. If we go by the leading theory, which is that Mari has DID, that would make sense: there are lots of ways to make an anonymous phone call through the internet, so it could be a recording set to play at a later time.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Mikl posted:

New Inside Mary chapter over at Crunchyroll.

Mari probably reached that conclusion because Isao is a huge creep, and she knows he's so thirsty that he's even willing to do this kind of poo poo to try to get in her pants. Or you know, she just recognized his voice despite the static. It could also be a pre-recorded message like you said, although Komori apologizing seemed to indicate otherwise.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So, a series called "The Chef" just showed up, and it seems like its Black Jack: Cooking, and has never been translated until now. It's got 42 volumes, a sequel, and seems pretty interesting. It doesn't seem like a group picked it up just some random guy who's found the raws and likes it, but given the rise in cooking manga recently it might get a serious translation effort.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'd prefer more Cooking Papa to the hyperbolic nonsense of most cooking manga.Just a hardworking dad who solves mundane problems with food.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 23, 2015

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's March Lion time http://bato.to/read/_/317607/3-gatsu-no-lion_v5_ch49_by_no-group

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 40. The Level Hero thing at the end is pretty silly.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
Dorohedoro has resumed. It is in Hibana magazine, so we should hopefully see a wrap up to the series this year.

Chapter 132

Spoilers for those that forget what is happening:

They are in the Crosseyed Boss's weird world. Kaiman & Risu teamed up. En and Ebisu are alive. Crosseyed Boss ran away. Nikaido is tied up. Pretty much everyone else is a severed head.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I was wondering when Dorohedoro would resume serialization.

I'm waiting for it to end so I can read through the whole thing in one swoop.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. So that's how Shamo ended.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Wait...aww what?? Aww man.

p.s. Jigoku no Alice, the current series by Jiro Matsumoto (Freesia, Uncivilized Planet, Tropical Citron, all great)...remains awesome, new chapter.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 27, 2015

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Ran and the Gray World ended today. I'm a sucker for the coming-of-age genre, so I'd say the ending was pretty satisfying.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Hypocrisy posted:

this shits awful

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hypocrisy posted:

This was loving dumb. Seriously, of all the ways this could have gone this was just the loving dumbest poo poo ending and they still managed to draw it out over an entire volume and somehow still rushed to the ending.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
A complete wet fart of an ending, which is somehow appropriate.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Speaking of endings, having read the last volume that just came out Blade of the Immortal ended as well as it could have I suppose. Maybe a bit predictable? Mostly just happy that Magatsu wound up living since he was my favorite character and that Makie didn't lose to Giichi who I've never really cared for.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
There wasn't any point to Shamo continuing past Sugawara. There were some okay moments after that, but it never felt like anything more cohesive than "watch this rear end in a top hat get in fights."

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
where'd all his magical ki powers go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

They could have at least had some better introspection at the end than him just staring at some random deer while asking questions. 2 volumes before at least the ghost of his old karate teacher was taunting him, telling him he didn't really think he had paid for his sins. That part was pretty cool, they could have had that actually end up being part of the end or something. Instead he fought the dumbest character in the entire manga and attempted(?) some sort of good gesture by letting him and his brother live then just walks off and bleeds to death for no reason. Seriously, even if they had to rush an ending that was dumb. Gantz might have had a better ending than this poo poo.