Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Drop Verlander to spot start or keep Archie Bradley?

how do i starters

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Moneyball posted:

Oh Taijuan

FFFFFFFFFffffffff

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I drafted Rodney and Feliz in like the 11th and 14th in my keeper league (so like 14th and 17th in a redraft considering ADP of all the keepers) so that wasn't so dumb; but then I grabbed Soria, Ottavino, and Castro off of waivers so I definitely didn't need to but there was no good value at those picks so I figured what the hell

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm done with Taijuan Walker. As far as Tomas, he still doesn't have a place to play in the majors, and the Diamondbacks don't want to trade anyone...so I guess they're going to just let him waste away on the bench. It's worked so well for Jung Ho Kang in Pittsburgh!

So far the pitcher who has delivered me the most wins is Joaquin Benoit. :woop:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
When do pro leagues for yahoo start up?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you are in a league where ottovina and Soria are on waivers then yeah never pay for saves.

You have to know your league though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Moneyball posted:

Drop Verlander to spot start or keep Archie Bradley?

how do i starters

please drop loving Justin Verlander, I have no idea why people keep starting or even drafting this guy, he is broken

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If Pedrioa also starts stealing bases, I may plotz

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Archie Bradley "looks like a pitcher" for whatever that is worth.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I thought I could draft and hold on Verlander and then trade once hos value was high. I also think that hot bartender was flirting with me.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Here's who I'm starting in the afternoon DK contest. I'd typically do one lineup for early and one for the later but since there's so few games going on I only did a lineup for the evening games. Since the start of the season I'm 7-8 in 50/50 games. The only people I feel confident about in my lineup is Harper and Jose Reyes. Jose Reyes is batting like .450 against Chris Archer career. Hopefully I can get to .500 today. :unsmith:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Sale/Buxton/Desmond for Waino/Bryant/Danny Santana
(10)/(11)/(6) for (5)/(16)/(8) [Rounds Kept At/Drafted this year]

9 Keepers per year

Round 1-6 (from prior years draft): +0 rounds
Round 7-9: +1 rounds
Round 10-15: +2 rounds
Round 16+: +3 rounds

Current Team for hitting:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ZenVulgarity posted:

9 Keepers per year

If you don't think you need Bryant to win I'd take it. Sale might be the second best pitcher in baseball, long term Buxton and Bryant should in theory be a wash (though with Bryant you have the certainty of him basically being ready and Sano and Buxton haven't reached that level yet), and Desmond has a clear edge over Santana.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

oops wrong thread

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 16, 2015

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

coronaball posted:

Isn't Bryant practically guaranteed to be called up this weekend? I thought that if he played 12 games in the minors that made it so he couldn't be an FA for another year.

edit: point being, your NA spot should be open quite soon.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well.

Though I wonder if Theo waits a little longer in an attempt to make it look like delaying FA wasn't his only reason (lol) for keeping him down there.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

If you don't think you need Bryant to win I'd take it. Sale might be the second best pitcher in baseball, long term Buxton and Bryant should in theory be a wash (though with Bryant you have the certainty of him basically being ready and Sano and Buxton haven't reached that level yet), and Desmond has a clear edge over Santana.

I have Sano at 25 thinking he might show something at the end of this year

If I take this trade I don't have a single pick for nearly nine rounds. :lol:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Been fairly successful streaming SP this week.

Tues: Tom Koehler vs. Braves. 5.1 IP, 6H 2R, W. Despite the hot start, the thread title is true.

Weds: Mark Buehrle vs. Rays. 6 IP, 7H 3R, W. Buehrle should rack up some wins this year as the Jays might have the best offense in baseball. I'm tempted to just hold onto him but a pitch-to-contact guy in that division is scary, he could get blitzed for 7+ runs in the wrong matchup.

Today: Jason Vargas @ Twins. 3 IP 10H 4ER. :gonk: The Twins had scored 2.3 runs/game this year but they woke up today. Could have been worse as Vargas left with the bases loaded and no outs.

Still, that's 2 wins and 10 Ks without totally trashing ERA in a deep league. Not too bad.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Pussy Boss posted:

Been fairly successful streaming SP this week.

Tues: Tom Koehler vs. Braves. 5.1 IP, 6H 2R, W. Despite the hot start, the thread title is true.

Today: Jason Vargas @ Twins. 3 IP 10H 4ER. :gonk: The Twins had scored 2.3 runs/game this year but they woke up today. Could have been worse as Vargas left with the bases loaded and no outs.

Still, that's 2 wins and 10 Ks without totally trashing ERA in a deep league. Not too bad.

I like how you ignored small sample size on one pitcher and dove headfirst into it on another.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Someone dropped Gregory Polanco in my league, and I already picked him up. Do others think he'll break out this year, or am I alone?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

9 Keepers per year

You have three first rounders lol

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Twin Cinema posted:

Someone dropped Gregory Polanco in my league, and I already picked him up. Do others think he'll break out this year, or am I alone?

you are not alone. give him time.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Abel Wingnut posted:

you are not alone. give him time.

Yeah, I am not taking his first week and a half as indicative of anything. He's someone I wanted to draft, and lucky for me, the person that did drop him. I have a tendency to overrate young guys, so I just wanted to make sure this wasn't the case for Polanco.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

:getin:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

euphronius posted:

I also have a team with those same 3 first rounders.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

It's Bryant time.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
CC has 10.7 k/9, 0.7 bb/9, and a 1.87 FIP. Just sayin.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

euphronius posted:

Three first rounders and they're all first basemen.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

It's Bryant time.

YEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Considering spot starting both R.A. Dickey vs ATL and C.J. Wilson vs Houston tomorrow. It's a league with an innings cap so I like to pick the best possible matchups. Go with them?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

It's Bryant time.

So much :getin:

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I kind of hope Shields plunks Bryant in his first AB today.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Moneyball posted:

Considering spot starting both R.A. Dickey vs ATL and C.J. Wilson vs Houston tomorrow. It's a league with an innings cap so I like to pick the best possible matchups. Go with them?

Dickey has had two rough April's in a row, but he has done great in his past two starts, other than a disastrous 4th inning against the Rays when he walked in two batters (gave up two singles and three walks that inning). Against a bad Braves offense, he should be a good spot start.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I could use it. My plan so far is working out as I predicted, but slightly worse. I blame it on Bumgarner and Weaver's terrible starts.

Currently 2 behind the leader in wins, double the saves of the second place team, but ERA is up over 3.60 with a whip of 1.18

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

.000 career batting average. Hello, Dallas McPherson

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

What should I try to trade Starlin Castro for

Probably someone at third I'd guess

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gently caress jose abreu

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Twin Cinema posted:

I'll be the voice of caution: obviously the guy has all the potential in the world still, but it's not just bad luck pulling him down. He looks legitimately overmatched right now. Tons of time to turn it around, but I'd want him riding the bench until I see the strikeouts fall.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Apparently a stat correction happened overnight and im 0-1 that loving sucks since im now staring 0-2 in the face unless i get 2 CGSO's from Scherzer and Gray :(

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Mornacale posted:

I'll be the voice of caution: obviously the guy has all the potential in the world still, but it's not just bad luck pulling him down. He looks legitimately overmatched right now. Tons of time to turn it around, but I'd want him riding the bench until I see the strikeouts fall.

Thanks for the answer. I am just stashing him as a bench option right now, because I think there could be value there. I'll wait for a few weeks and see if he makes it worth it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Heres a thing I may be overthinking but ill ask anyway:

If im torn between two SP pickups for and the teams they play for/teams playing against are roughly the same should the tiebreaker be that one is from the NL so will face the other team's pitcher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

For me, it goes something like:

1. At least average pitcher
2. Weak opponent, offensively
3. Strength of pitcher's team/opposing pitcher (Wins are of course the hardest to predict)
4. Ballpark
5. League

I'm not going to start a bad pitcher regardless of the other factors, and only a few top tier pitchers vs a team like the Rockies.

I'd rather face a weaker overall lineup than a stronger lineup with a pitcher batting.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 17, 2015

• Locked thread