Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

please use more pixels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Any more and the game gets this weird stutter every second or so :(

It doesn't really matter I only want to play deathmatch anyway

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
why is your 800X600 on the forum in 1920X1080

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Stumbletron posted:

Any more and the game gets this weird stutter every second or so :(

It doesn't really matter I only want to play deathmatch anyway

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/32vixp/if_you_installed_microstutterfix_folder_you_may/

good luck goon

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mythadile posted:

why is your 800X600 on the forum in 1920X1080

because its 800x600 upscaled to 1080p so it fill his monitor instead of playing in a tiny window?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I heard stuttering in source can be caused by all sorts of stuff. Old audio/gpu drivers, controllers/peripherals plugged in, FPS being too far above monitor refresh rate (try fps_max 59/60), getting out of bed the wrong side, etc

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

redditor posted:

So you downloaded a random file off of Reddit and now your VAC banned.... Not sure what else to expect.

loving lol. Coincidentally there is a VAC wave happening, but that screenshot in the post is absolutely *fantastic*.

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013

Stumbletron posted:

800*600 stretched is pretty ugly but I think I like it :gay:

I just wish skins looked better on hobo settings

:captainpop:

Have you tried 800x600 with black bars? Feels really good to play on and has the best crosshair out of any resolution as a bonus (style 4, size 2, gap -2).

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

loving lol. Coincidentally there is a VAC wave happening, but that screenshot in the post is absolutely *fantastic*.

there is also an almost 100 percent chance the guy is lying and is trying to get out of a ban

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

there is also an almost 100 percent chance the guy is lying and is trying to get out of a ban

For sure; he's posting "look what happened to me how terrible" on reddit.

It's all good schadenfreude nonetheless.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
What a lovely email to wake up to!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sewer Adventure posted:

What am I looking at here aside from a bunch of random banned people

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

speaking of cheating, i just found out about vibranceGUI, is this considered cheating on an ethical level?

would valve ever consider it such (given their history of how they run VAC)?

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

What am I looking at here aside from a bunch of random banned people

Every time I face a cheater in MM (and I'm 100% sure of it) I add them to my vacstat.us list. About half of them just got banned.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I prestiged tonight

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Sewer Adventure posted:

RIP FODDER

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!
Wtf is aim punch?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

PerOlus posted:

Wtf is aim punch?
if you aim at me i drive over to your house and punch you really hard in the arm

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Ernie. posted:

speaking of cheating, i just found out about vibranceGUI, is this considered cheating on an ethical level?

would valve ever consider it such (given their history of how they run VAC)?

Digital Vibrance is A-OK, should never be relevant to VAC. For example, Ambient Occlusion in nVidia Control Panel used to allow you to see through smokes on the Source engine. They can't enforce that kind of abuse.

quote:

I wish. If you've read said "popular rage cheat"'s forums, Valve have started to weed out hackers into their own queues by confining people with extraordinarily high elo to play with each other only. Doubt the wave will make much difference to the level of play at higher ranks for legitimate players, as much as I'd like to get global.

Interesting quote on that reddit thread. Hacker whine, or legit unspoken new thing for MM?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

PerOlus posted:

Wtf is aim punch?

Your crosshair going all over the place when someone hits you.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

I prestiged tonight

Wow good program men )) thanks you

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

E: Err, wrong thread.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snZqkGJQ3qM

lmao

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/voxespunj

some of the aussie calls are great.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

I guess that explains why I get so many headshots while aiming at people's butts while jumping

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ugh

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I knew it was impossible to headshot people who use that terrible box jump spot to defend Short in Dust 2!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Elman posted:

I knew it was impossible to headshot people who use that terrible box jump spot to defend Short in Dust 2!

i just had this same thought, now i know to aim at their butt

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Sewer Adventure posted:

Every time I face a cheater in MM (and I'm 100% sure of it) I add them to my vacstat.us list. About half of them just got banned.

Is there anything out there that would just check against your recently played games? I'm curious if/when I've played against or with a cheater but putting together a list of possible suspects as I play seems a little goofy. That said, the placebo of a ban wave is enough for me to get back into MM most of the time and have a much easier time going up against teams.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
They tend to roll back elo changes from matches with recently VAC banned people in them. If your wins went down, then you probably were in a match with a cheater on your team.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

They tend to roll back elo changes from matches with recently VAC banned people in them. If your wins went down, then you probably were in a match with a cheater on your team.

I think that only happens if you lose to a cheater or win with one you lobbied with.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dork457 posted:

Is there anything out there that would just check against your recently played games? I'm curious if/when I've played against or with a cheater but putting together a list of possible suspects as I play seems a little goofy. That said, the placebo of a ban wave is enough for me to get back into MM most of the time and have a much easier time going up against teams.

There was some website that would keep track of it for you, you just needed to add their steam profile and it would put them in the list and out would email you off they got vac'd. I'm not sure what it was called, let me try to find it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

There was some website that would keep track of it for you, you just needed to add their steam profile and it would put them in the list and out would email you off they got vac'd. I'm not sure what it was called, let me try to find it.
https://vacstat.us/

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
So I caved in and bought a 144hz screen and now the game feels so smooth, it's amazing.

Is there any reason why I would want to use 120hz over 144hz?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Wonder if I should try to level that LE to LEM if people think the ranking up is easier atm.. honestly MM is so poo poo I don't really want to play with hackers 24/7 though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bohemian Nights posted:

Is there any reason why I would want to use 120hz over 144hz?
If you have one of these, or similar, then yes - you may want to lock your screen to 120 Hz in order to enable LightBoost, it, to simplify, eliminates any sort of motion blur.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
http://imgur.com/a/XEK0Q#McoCNhP

:hawaaaafap:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This is beautiful. :allears:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

kalstrams posted:

If you have one of these, or similar, then yes - you may want to lock your screen to 120 Hz in order to enable LightBoost, it, to simplify, eliminates any sort of motion blur.

That's really interesting, I'll have a look at that, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Akumos posted:

Wonder if I should try to level that LE to LEM if people think the ranking up is easier atm.. honestly MM is so poo poo I don't really want to play with hackers 24/7 though.

I played some MM to get my rank up recently. In three games there were: 2 leavers, 1 cheater, 2 mic spam music kids on my team.

Don't do it.

• Locked thread