Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Who What Now posted:

Yes, "present day" racism. *pulls quote from 1984*

*Ignores quotes from 2000-onward.*

Proving my point, y'see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Amergin posted:

SNAP should also only be given to the unemployed but that's a side issue.

Why do you want to take benefits from our troops?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

SedanChair posted:

Why do you want to take benefits from our troops?

Our troops need to be reduced to a quarter of their current size, get some better training and get the hell off government assistance.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

FaustianQ posted:

:qq: But then that's 15-20 billion and less profit for the companies :qq:

i can see your point of the argument if this can bring gov spending down which SHOULD intern bring tax down. But remember, this was the same thing said about ACA, and that was a cluster gently caress and has increased FICA.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If the minimum wage was raised to 15 dollars a hour over a 5 to 7 year period , you're wife who is a LPN would have her Wage increased over time as well.

There's direct relation to a increase in overall wages when the minimum wage increases, because if they do not or employers do not increase their wages, then people will simply say " Wait, I could work for you in this lovely job, or find a job somewhere at Barnes and Noble or another place which is less stressful and make the same amount of money , Okay see you shitlord."

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

drakegrim posted:

you forget to calc in the increase the employer pays for tax on the lucky individual who got a 100% increase in wage, yes it would cause the product to sky rocket, this is why alot of companies started to ship jobs over seas to pay lower wages and not deal with people bitching about how much they make and having to increase product. Unfortunately, you cannot ship service jobs away over seas so the product will increase.

Oh no, 6.2% FICA. Whatever will they do.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Amergin posted:

Our troops need to be reduced to a quarter of their current size, get some better training and get the hell off government assistance.

i agree with stooping the whole redistribution of wealth through federal spending. But not sure about decreasing DoD budget.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

drakegrim posted:

my wife earned $18 an hour as a LPN with 2 years of school and having to pay for a yearly license... some one who does not even flip a burger but puts it in the microwave does not deserve to earn 15 and hour.

guys guys
we're all missing the real point of drakegrim's posts here

If his wife shoots someone and gets fired, should drakegrim still be able to get maternity leave

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

drakegrim posted:

i agree with stooping the whole redistribution of wealth through federal spending. But not sure about decreasing DoD budget.

DoD budget should be hacked at with a hatchet and those savings should be returned directly to the American people. The days of land invasions and nation rebuilding is over. We're becoming and should become an intelligence and special ops state.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

drakegrim posted:

Min wage is a way to create incentive's for individuals to pick them selves up and do something better... your telling me that a McDonald worker has the right to earn more money then the city trash collector, EMT's, Nurses, etc????

Apparently raising the minimum wage will only affect fast food workers, not anyone else who's paid less than $15 an hour.

Also where the hell are garbage collectors and registered nurses making minimum wage?

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Amergin posted:

Proving my point, y'see.

Well if you hadn't padded your post for effect maybe we'd have read the quotes you claim are important. Be a helpful soul and repost them without Andrew "Old Hickory" Johnson and others contemporary with the sixth and quite possibly fifth party systems.

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 17, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Do you have some magical power that lets you determine how much an employee is ~*~worth~*~ at any given job that is more valid that what the company is willing to pay them? Are you the type of person that feels "those jobs" exist to motivate the hoi polloi into trying harder by not paying them enough to live from day to day?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Amergin posted:

Proving my point, y'see.

Yes, the ones where that scary black man running for president used the word "white". Ohhoho, my what a racist he is. How will the poor, downtrodden, oppressed, suburban middle-class whites ever recover from this awful and systemic abuse?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

drakegrim posted:

Blah blah Democratic Thinktank Blah Blah no proof blah blah blah kill the poors blah blah blah I am a troll.

http://www.hamiltonproject.org/file...ull_Paper_2.pdf

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

also, DO NOT FORGET that min wage is also set on collage expense... If it cost 60k to graduate with a undergrad in lets say computer science.. it would cost the average person at 6.8% about $690.00 a month to pay back. No to include cost of living and all that. most people starting off in some IT job will not make much more then 15 and hour. i made 12.25 at HP as a DoD contractor, then 13.50 as a HD tech at NYTimes, and when i graduated i was making about 50k a year working Cisco support for the air force.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

drakegrim posted:

haven't a lot of democrats been put to shame lately over bigotry as well..

1) "(Obama’s) a nice person, he’s very articulate this is what’s been used against him, but he couldn’t sell watermelons if it, you gave him the state troopers to flag down the traffic." -- Dan Rather

2) “White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." -- Al Sharpton

3) "‘Hymies.’ ‘Hymietown.’" -- Jesse Jackson’s description of New York City while on the 1984 presidential campaign trail.

4) "A few years ago, (Barack Obama) would have been getting us coffee." -- Bill Clinton to Ted Kennedy

5) "The Israeli puppeteer travels to Washington and meets with the puppet in the White House. He then goes down Pennsylvania Avenue and meets with the puppets in Congress. The Israeli leader then 'brings back millions of dollars' in aid to Israel." -- Ralph Nader

6) "(Harry Reid) was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." -- Harry Reid's comments reported by Mark Halperin and John Heilemann

7) "I do not think it is an exaggeration at all to say to my friend from West Virginia [Sen. Robert C. Byrd, a former Ku Klux Klan recruiter] that he would have been a great senator at any moment. . . . He would have been right during the great conflict of civil war in this nation." -- Former Democratic Senator Christopher Dodd (D.,Conn.)

8) “Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them.” -- Mary Frances Berry, former Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

9) "Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness." -- Mary Frances Berry, former Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

10) “Well, because the Arabs who were involved in 9/11 cooperated with the Zionists, actually. It was a cooperation. They gave them the perfect excuse to denounce all Arabs. It’s a racist sort of thing, really racist – you know, picking out these 19 or 20 terrorists – they were terrorists – and saying all the Arabs are like them.” — Former Democratic Senator James Abourezk on Hizbullah TV

11) "Let me see one of you adopt one of those ugly black babies." -- Abortionist Ashutosh Ron Virmani

12) “There’s no great, white bigot; there’s just about 200 million little white bigots out there.” -- USA Today columnist Julienne Malveaux

13) "Them Jews aren’t going to let (Obama) talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he’ll talk to me in five years when he’s a lame duck, or in eight years when he’s out of office. …They will not let him talk to somebody who calls a spade what it is.” -- Jeremiah Wright

14) "There’s white racist DNA running through the synapses of his or her brain tissue. They will kill their own kind, defend the enemies of their kind or anyone who is perceived to be the enemy of the milky white way of life." -- Jeremiah Wright

15) "The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years.” -- Louis Farrakhan

16) “White people shouldn’t be allowed to vote. It’s for the good of the country and for those who’re bitter for a reason and armed because they’re scared.” -- Left-wing journalist Jonathan Valania

17) "(Joseph Lowery) said that when he was a young militant, he used to say all white folks were going to hell. ...'Then he mellowed and just said most of them were. Now, he said, he is back to where he was.’" -- The Daily Mail quotes Joseph Lowery, who gave the benediction at President Obama’s inauguration

18) "We are owned by propagandists against the Arabs. There’s no question about that. Congress, the White House, and Hollywood, Wall Street, are owned by the Zionists. No question in my opinion. They put their money where their mouth is…We’re being pushed into a wrong direction in every way." -- Helen Thomas

19) “You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent.” -- Joe Biden

20) “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” -- Joe Biden

21) "I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street." -- Spike Lee

22) “I want to go up to the closest white person and say: ‘You can’t understand this, it’s a black thing’ and then slap him, just for my mental health.” — New York City Councilman, Charles Barron

23) "We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops. They ought to go." -- Marion Barry

24) “The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person…” -- Barack Obama

25) “That’s just how white folks will do you. It wasn’t merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn’t know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn.” -- Barack Obama

Edit: resource.. http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/03/26/25-examples-of-liberal-racism-in-quotes-n1549044/page/full

these quotes are sure to sink the campaigns for president of Dan Rather, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Bill Clinton, Ralph Nader, Harry Reid' Chris Dodd, Mary Berry, James Abourezk, etc. etc. (noted dead person Marion Barry's chances probably won't be harmed)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Amergin posted:

This isn't in your script, Amergin.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

drakegrim posted:

also, DO NOT FORGET that min wage is also set on collage expense... If it cost 60k to graduate with a undergrad in lets say computer science.. it would cost the average person at 6.8% about $690.00 a month to pay back. No to include cost of living and all that. most people starting off in some IT job will not make much more then 15 and hour. i made 12.25 at HP as a DoD contractor, then 13.50 as a HD tech at NYTimes, and when i graduated i was making about 50k a year working Cisco support for the air force.

If you spent $60k on collages you definitely wasted your money for undergrad. The salary numbers you posted are either from the 70s or you were being hilariously ripped off.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

drakegrim posted:

you forget to calc in the increase the employer pays for tax on the lucky individual who got a 100% increase in wage, yes it would cause the product to sky rocket, this is why alot of companies started to ship jobs over seas to pay lower wages and not deal with people bitching about how much they make and having to increase product. Unfortunately, you cannot ship service jobs away over seas so the product will increase.

Uh, no I didn't, that's why it goes up by nickels and loving dimes, the cost to pay for employees and the cost for the food is minuscule and margins pulled in fastfood are high. Same with loving department stores. None of them are drat charities and most of what they take in is profit. A large drink, 2.50, is 37 cents for the drink itself, 5 cents for the cup, and 25 cents for the human being handing it to you. How dare your 2.50 large drink cost 2.75 now! Maybe fast food companies could end their almost predatory practices as regards opening and maintaining a franchise? Wait, no, that would deprive you of someone you could refuse to acknowledge as human, and if you can't take your daily poo poo on everyone and feel superior, then what do you have, amirite? :qq:

But you'll just type like the illiterate shitlord you are with something that you think is quite witty and smart to yourself while ignoring actual historical trends as regards the minimum wage, or the externalities of society that require and force people do poo poo minimum wage jobs to maintain the luxurious and convenient world you live in.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sir Tonk posted:

Do you have some magical power that lets you determine how much an employee is ~*~worth~*~ at any given job that is more valid that what the company is willing to pay them? Are you the type of person that feels "those jobs" exist to motivate the hoi polloi into trying harder by not paying them enough to live from day to day?

Its called the free market

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hey, look, the DNC redesigned its website.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

hobbesmaster posted:

If you spent $60k on collages you definitely wasted your money for undergrad. The salary numbers you posted are either from the 70s or you were being hilariously ripped off.

na i make a poo poo load of money now, but that was the market where i lived. There was a bull market of IT professionals. you missed the point, i was unhappy with what i was making so i went to school, and getting out of school with almost no experiance i was at 50k. With experience i went up to 80k. Working for IBM i went up to 189k with getting a masters, all sorts of certs, etc. if you are not happy with making what you make, then get education, get experience and move up. its also called free market capitalism.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

McDowell posted:

Well if you have three part time 'C' jobs yes you would deserve the same wage as a trash collector or an EMT (CCC salaried jobs)

This way you address income inequality while rationalizing job hunting and income tax.

Do you also get paid in marbles?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Wow, the DNC really is just not giving a poo poo about the primary.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Amergin posted:

Our troops need to be reduced to a quarter of their current size

And then a trap door opened beneath Amergin and he vanished from American political discourse forever.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Amergin posted:

check out this propaganda to attract black voters "I'M A DEMOCRAT BECAUSE when I was growing up in Alabama, black men and women weren’t allowed to even register to vote. They almost gave up. I think about the next generation, and I don’t want to give up. There’s still work to be done. I want to stand with the party that fights for everyone." (John Lewis)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

drakegrim posted:

check out this propaganda to attract black voters "I'M A DEMOCRAT BECAUSE when I was growing up in Alabama, black men and women weren’t allowed to even register to vote. They almost gave up. I think about the next generation, and I don’t want to give up. There’s still work to be done. I want to stand with the party that fights for everyone." (John Lewis)
You hate black people, we get it.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

quote:

Hillary Clinton is officially in the presidential race.
If you’re in too, add your name to make sure we elect a
Democrat in 2016.

So they want me to run for president as well?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

drakegrim posted:

Look at that disgusting racism :eyepop:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

drakegrim posted:

na i make a poo poo load of money now, but that was the market where i lived. There was a bull market of IT professionals. you missed the point, i was unhappy with what i was making so i went to school, and getting out of school with almost no experiance i was at 50k. With experience i went up to 80k. Working for IBM i went up to 189k with getting a masters, all sorts of certs, etc. if you are not happy with making what you make, then get education, get experience and move up. its also called free market capitalism.

Paying people two hundred thousand dollars to fart around with computers doesn't sound like the free market to me.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

drakegrim posted:

And you missed my slightly snarky joke about how you can't spell college despite having a master's.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I assume they'll be giving the same treatment to any other candidates, of course.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

hobbesmaster posted:

And you missed my slightly snarky joke about how you can't spell college despite having a master's.

again, typing on a phone, don't care, don't miss the point of the statement.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Amergin posted:

They're going to be in for a horrible shock if they think they can just go all in on Clinton and walk it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

drakegrim posted:

You know it's not much of a dogwhistle when you all but say you don't think blacks should be allowed to vote.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

drakegrim posted:

again, typing on a phone, don't care, don't miss the point of the statement.

That everyone is exactly like you and eligible to take out loans for $60k and able to work in a field that currently pays decently?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Effectronica posted:

Paying people two hundred thousand dollars to fart around with computers doesn't sound like the free market to me.

Hey, hey. Hey. I don't "fart around with computers," I engage in enlightening debates and discussion about politics. On the computer. At work.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReidRansom posted:

They're going to be in for a horrible shock if they think they can just go all in on Clinton and walk it.

Chafeementum is real!!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

drakegrim posted:

Please elaborate on the unfactual portions of Lewis' statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

ReidRansom posted:

we will see, but democrats have been known for putting all their eggs in one basket.

• Locked thread