Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would be excited for The Hateful Eight if that trailer showed me something I didn't already see before. (Although, it premiered during Sin City 2, which no one thankfully saw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
BATMAN vs SUPERMAN shaky cam version

https://vid.me/NlzG

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

PaganGoatPants posted:

Looks pretty.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
[

PaganGoatPants posted:

So the villain is Metallo then? Did we already know that?

Edit: apparently the comic forum says that robot voice at the end is batman using a voice modulator. Ugh.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 17, 2015

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Took me a minute to place the woman's voice, but I'd know Elastigirl anywhere.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I assume that's the same armor suit from Dark Knight Returns, then.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

that looks awful

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's exactly the same and it looks like it's the same setting almost. So yeah, be looking forward to that.

I may hate everything about MOS but Snyder's pretty drat good most of the time at Choreography.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

that looks awful

agreed. Looks almost painfully dumb.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
That looks sick as poo poo. Love it. Affleck is gonna kill the role.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Madurai posted:

I assume that's the same armor suit from Dark Knight Returns, then.

It looks like there's going to be a fair bit of Lex Luthor: Man of Steel in there as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Like its kind of hard to tell what exactly they're going for and as presented it doesn't really make a lot of sense why Batman is fighting Superman.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I don't like Batman or Superman but I'm looking forward to Supes getting nuked, nailed with artillery and kryptonite arrows, and then getting the poo poo kicked out of him by robosuit Batman.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

muscles like this? posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Like its kind of hard to tell what exactly they're going for and as presented it doesn't really make a lot of sense why Batman is fighting Superman.

I really really hope it's red kyrptonite. Or uh, one or both of them get tricked by Mr Mxyplic.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Can I break from comic book talk for a moment and say that the more trailers I see for Mad Max: Fury Road, the more hyped I get for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-V16V3M23U

A “legacy” trailer that covers the previous movies. For as much as DC/Warner Brothers seems to be going “comics books are serious” with Batman vs. Superman, there’s another part of Warner Brothers screaming “gently caress it! WHAT A DAY! WHAT A LOVELY DAY!”

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

PaganGoatPants posted:

I think one of the voices in the beginning was Neil deGrasse Tyson, the one talking about rethinking our place in the universe.

Only part that got a reaction from me was the Bat Power Armour. I think I've seen it before but I like the idea. I'm a sucker for the extreme preparedness aspect of Batman.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Antti posted:

I think one of the voices in the beginning was Neil deGrasse Tyson, the one talking about rethinking our place in the universe.

Only part that got a reaction from me was the Bat Power Armour. I think I've seen it before but I like the idea. I'm a sucker for the extreme preparedness aspect of Batman.

Batman looks gigantic in this movie. I like that.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 17, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The only thing I enjoy out of comic book movies are great ridiculous fights and colorful characters. I'm not sure Snyder can provide the latter but I'm confident that he'll be able to give me at least one good fight out of this movie

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

CobiWann posted:

Can I break from comic book talk for a moment and say that the more trailers I see for Mad Max: Fury Road, the more hyped I get for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-V16V3M23U

A “legacy” trailer that covers the previous movies. For as much as DC/Warner Brothers seems to be going “comics books are serious” with Batman vs. Superman, there’s another part of Warner Brothers screaming “gently caress it! WHAT A DAY! WHAT A LOVELY DAY!”

That's pretty neat :)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I can't really form any sort of opinion on the BvS trailer because literally 90% of the screen is just black for most of it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I asked in the Star Wars thread but didn't get an answer, so I'll ask here. Is there a release of the recent Episode 7 teaser in super high bitrate with 5.1 sound that is available for download anywhere? Do they even release trailers with 5.1 audio? I want to put the trailer on my Plex server and blast it on my home theater setup.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

teagone posted:

I asked in the Star Wars thread but didn't get an answer, so I'll ask here. Is there a release of the recent Episode 7 teaser in super high bitrate with 5.1 sound that is available for download anywhere? Do they even release trailers with 5.1 audio? I want to put the trailer on my Plex server and blast it on my home theater setup.

Apple trailers maybe?

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/lucasfilm/starwarstheforceawakens/

I've downloaded really high quality versions from them before.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

That was my thought, but it's only 2 channel audio. But if Apple only has 2 channel, I doubt anyone has much better.

Here's download links:
http://www.hd-trailers.net/movie/star-wars-the-force-awakens/

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Seems like they only have the 1st teaser with 5.1 audio. Good enough for now! Thanks :)

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah, looks like some poster on a forum can eventually dig up the source Disney links, which include 5.1 audio, but they don't have the new trailer yet.

ffej
Dec 28, 2003
Hulk Buster Batman looks BA in that trailer!

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Vintersorg posted:

If you didnt see the celebration livestream the rolling robot is an actual thing and it moved around stage flawlessly. The upper dome thing was pivoting all over the place too. Some engineering magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_K10fX9DSY

:allears:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Dope trailer looks dope.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This guy:

Doesn't close his mouth for the 5 seconds or so he's on camera when BB-8 hits the stage. It's hilarious.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Rough Lobster posted:

I don't like Batman or Superman but I'm looking forward to Supes getting nuked, nailed with artillery and kryptonite arrows, and then getting the poo poo kicked out of him by robosuit Batman.
I don't know, I like the fear/paranoia vibes and the whole idea of Batman as a disgruntled old rich white man whipped into a frenzy by the media about a dangerous immigrant. Batman fighting Superman might be a hard thing to get to without the reasons seeming forced when it comes to like, the non-Snyder films universe, but I could see it happening without much difficulty considering the ungodly amount of collateral damage Superman caused with the last film. 'Course he did also save the world, but well, whatever, the world wouldn't have needed saving from Angry Shouting Michael Shannon if Superman hadn't been on earth so in a way Superman's still kind of in the red so to speak.
I liked the trailer (and the tone is so grimey grimdark that the video quality actually didn't detract from it for me) but it doesn't really make me feel good or bad about the film because Snyder has such a history of having better trailers and intro credits than films (and I'm not really into comic book movies I guess).

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

smackfu posted:

Yeah, looks like some poster on a forum can eventually dig up the source Disney links, which include 5.1 audio, but they don't have the new trailer yet.

Would you mind sharing that forum link where this will eventually get posted?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Sorry, here: http://www.movie-list.com/forum/showthread.php?32372-Star-Wars-Episode-VII-The-Force-Awakens-%282015%29&p=232862#post232862

Although I might have been confused, and the studio encodes are different than the 5.1 version. I guess we'll see.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4&hd=1

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Well, it certainly seems like they're going balls deep with The Dark Knight Returns being the inspiration so that's good.
I can't get myself excited for this after the disaster that was Man of Steel though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Deakul posted:

Well, it certainly seems like they're going balls deep with The Dark Knight Returns being the inspiration so that's good.

In the sense that they're getting it out of their system, maybe.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Deakul posted:

I can't get myself excited for this after the disaster that was Man of Steel though.

I'd probably be more hyped about that BvS trailer, but even a day after I'm still reeling over The Force Awakens teaser 2.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

teagone posted:

I'd probably be more hyped about that BvS trailer, but even a day after I'm still reeling over The Force Awakens teaser 2.

It was leaked and would've been seen anyway. It's probably the smartest way to handle an unideal situation.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Deakul posted:

I won't say it's amazing, but "disaster"? In my opinion it's the best Superman movie released, even better than the Christopher Reeves films (that's not a huge praise, as I don't really care for any of them).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

teagone posted:

The Force Awakens teaser was real good because it makes the movie look like it has a ton to offer and it was able to get me even more excited for that movie. This, on the other hand, looks like some dumb bullshit that confirms for me that I don't need or want to see this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I just want to see how Lex Luthor is.

• Locked thread