Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Skymom is absolutely "They might just fuckin kill you" which does not inspire confidence in these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's amusing that Luke Mitchell is again playing a superpowered character that's serving as a guide to new superpowered people in a secluded haven for superpowered people.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bull3964 posted:

It's amusing that Luke Mitchell is again playing a superpowered character that's serving as a guide to new superpowered people in a secluded haven for superpowered people.

While being hunted by a shady paramilitary organization. At least this haven is nicer.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bull3964 posted:

Who/what did he play before?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Error 404 posted:

Who/what did he play before?

He was the leader of the tomorrow people.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Dexo posted:

Pretty sure Cal is going to end up having to save Daisy from her mom and the other Elders. Who will have to turn on her once she's deemed a threat.
I'm guessing Lincoln is going to ruin everything, entirely by accident. He's been feeling bad for Raina, because he's a really nice guy and genuinely wants to help. Her transformation gave her pain and disfiguration, but no special ability. Lincoln saw the Zebo family together at a dinner table, with a handful of daisies. Suddenly he knows that Raina does have an ability after all, she can see the future.

Lincoln, being such a nice guy, is going to want to rush over to Raina and tell her the good news. It's the one thing that will make her feel better, right? He's got to tell her, and he's going to be too excited to remember what details might be important to leave out.

I'm not sure if Raina knew Cal was in town, but I'm sure she's not happy with him. She knew Skye was around, and resents the hell out of her. Now she'll probably realize that if her dream of the family all together is true, then she knows the secret of who Skye's real Mom is.

At that point, all she has to do is mention that fact to someone who is likely to tell the elders, and the poo poo hits the fan. Though this is still Raina, so she'll probably try to use this info for blackmail first... which might go badly for her.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 17, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
One thing that's subtle but present is how the Inhumans are splitting along "deformed" and "normal looking." Outside of his administrative roles of Afterlife, Gordon gets real pissy with Lincoln in the scene with Raina for no real reason other than him being a young pretty boy.

I think Raina, Gordon, and some of the others that came out of terragenesis with physical changes are going to band together. More civil war for the civil war gods :black101:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
On that note I would really like if AoS blew a ton of their budget on the CGI for the reveal that the Elders are monstrosities on a cosmic and terrifying scale.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

PierreTheMime posted:

On that note I would really like if AoS blew a ton of their budget on the CGI for the reveal that the Elders are monstrosities on a cosmic and terrifying scale.

Dude that's rude to medusa and black bolt blackagar boltagon trapjaw.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
More Marvel shows on ABC. If AoS and Agent Carter are renewed we can have 4 shows on.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/17/marvel-john-ridley

Let the speculation begin: EW has learned that Oscar-winning writer-producer John Ridley (12 Years a Slave) is teaming up with Marvel to develop a mysterious new TV series.

We hear the deal involves reinventing an existing Marvel superhero character or property for ABC—but all sides are staying quiet on exactly which title Ridley is adapting.

This comes on the heels of EW breaking the news that Marvel and ABC are also developing a spinoff series to The Avengers tie-in Agents of SHIELD.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

lomzus posted:

Let the speculation begin: EW has learned that Oscar-winning writer-producer John Ridley (12 Years a Slave) is teaming up with Marvel to develop a mysterious new TV series.

12 Years a Morlock

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

lomzus posted:

More Marvel shows on ABC. If AoS and Agent Carter are renewed we can have 4 shows on.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/17/marvel-john-ridley

We hear the deal involves reinventing an existing Marvel superhero character or property for ABC—but all sides are staying quiet on exactly which title Ridley is adapting.

This comes on the heels of EW breaking the news that Marvel and ABC are also developing a spinoff series to The Avengers tie-in Agents of SHIELD.

Please be Blade please be Blade please be Blade please be Blade.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

mikeraskol posted:

Whatever happened to Wesley Snipes anyway?

vvvvvvvv yes this

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I think Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends would be the best answer.

Edit: No, wait... Kate Bishop Hawkeye.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 17, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The Adventures of Pizza Dog

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Dog Cops

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
They already baked in an origin story in Ragtag.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Can I change my vote?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
D-Man

The hobo version from the late 90's.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd love to see Alpha Flight but they probably fall under the mutant umbrella (and probably too much special effects for tv).

Punisher maybe, but I think I've heard that linked to Netflix (and maybe too family unfriendly for ABC anyway).

Clearly its gonna be Coulson's School for Gifted Youngsters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Amazing Adventures Of Matter Eater Lad!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Actually, Power Pack. Let's see a power pack show

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Marvel's Agents of Real S.H.I.E.L.D.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Wouldn't Blade be better on Netflix than ABC?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Xtanstic posted:

Wouldn't Blade be better on Netflix than ABC?

Probably :ohdear:.

A second set of Netflix shows with Moon Knight, Punisher, Blade and Ghost Rider would change my life.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Is there already a Runaways show in production?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Klungar posted:

If this isn't true I'm going to be mad. Mad about funny book TV shows.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Klungar posted:

I thought it was a movie. But dear god. If they make a runaways tv show I would mark the gently caress out.

Azhais posted:

Actually, Power Pack. Let's see a power pack show

Useless without access to Franklin Richards.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

mikeraskol posted:

After watching Daredevil, I don't want Blade for anything that isn't a Netflix series.

[Edit: Everyone else also feels this way. So, good.]

Not that there's anything wrong with ABC. It's just that Agents of SHIELD is a way better fit, being a broader and more accessible property overall. Whatever this new show is, I should hope it's more like that if it's being developed for ABC primetime.

Xealot fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 17, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, Runaways would be like the perfect series for network TV. It's lighthearted enough to not be grimdark, serious enough to have a bunch of action, and has teenagers and young adults for the mandatory relationship drama.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dexo posted:

Yeah, Runaways would be like the perfect series for network TV. It's lighthearted enough to not be grimdark, serious enough to have a bunch of action, and has teenagers and young adults for the mandatory relationship drama.

Oh, I thought you guys were talking about this Runaway and I was way more excited

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

mikeraskol posted:

Its a horribly racist guess, but I would go with Black Panther (I know they are making a movie, but if the series debuts in 2016, the movie i think is for 2017). Even cooler would be like a Marvel Team Up show.

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

Darth Ballz posted:

Its a horribly racist guess, but I would go with Black Panther (I know they are making a movie, but if the series debuts in 2016, the movie i think is for 2017). Even cooler would be like a Marvel Team Up show.

How is that guess racist?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Tomb. Of. Goddamn. Dracula.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just so that I can say I was right when the most improbable thing happens: The Sentry starting Ian Ziering

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I'm saying Tigra. Apparently he wrote the Justice League two parter about Hawkgirl and Hawkman and their weird backstory stuff. You could do something like that with Tigra, and she certainly doesn't have to be in a bikini.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Squirrel Girl. Finally a way to tie Thanos into the Marvel canon, when she kicks his rear end in the first episode.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Nephthys posted:

Squirrel Girl. Finally a way to tie Thanos into the Marvel canon, when she kicks his rear end in the first episode.

I was quietly hoping that she would be one of the people in Coultanimo Bay.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Dexo posted:

I thought it was a movie. But dear god. If they make a runaways tv show I would mark the gently caress out.

Yeah, Runaways would be my top pick. Lots of fun powers to work with, Marvel's done nothing with teenagers and won't until Spider-man shows up, and it's just an amazing comic with a great premise. It works well on its own as well, since the heroes are always trying to stay under the radar.

The Staff of One is like, the best magic item/power ever too, so one more reason to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

NowonSA posted:

Yeah, Runaways would be my top pick. Lots of fun powers to work with, Marvel's done nothing with teenagers and won't until Spider-man shows up, and it's just an amazing comic with a great premise. It works well on its own as well, since the heroes are always trying to stay under the radar.

The Staff of One is like, the best magic item/power ever too, so one more reason to do it.

It also has a tie in with the movie coming out

• Locked thread