Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

I remain completely indifferent on the idea of freshman ineligibility. If anything I'm for it as a "gently caress you" to the NBA and its rule that creates one and dones. Let the NBA do its own scouting.

Players were allowed to leave early forever and it was only really post-KG that any of them started skipping college entirely. There were guys playing one or two seasons and then bouncing well before the one and done rule, and yet somehow college basketball was okay. Magic Johnson was the star of the most celebrated college basketball game of all time and he left after his sophomore year, which really doesn't seem like a huge difference. I think they should be allowed to skip college basketball too, but I don't see why it's some crisis for college sports. The sport is not poorer for having guys like Kevin Durant or DeAngelo Russell, even if it's not for an extended amount of time. All this rule does is push their lone season back a year for no particularly good reason.

Besides no one on the Iowa State basketball team is eligible to play there for more than a season anyway so I'm not sure why you care.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm shocked that a bunch of old people think a stupid rule from the 60's that we got rid of should come back.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Freshman ineligibility is an insanely stupid idea, and the only result from it happening will be kids running off to Russia or wherever instead of college basketball.

Also now I want to see the world where Conley, Durant, and pre-broken Oden go run off to dominate Euroball for a year.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 17, 2015

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Apparently an old man got full-on decked by a middle-aged man at the TCU spring game. How you gonna get in a fight at the spring game?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thermos H Christ posted:

Apparently an old man got full-on decked by a middle-aged man at the TCU spring game. How you gonna get in a fight at the spring game?

Give TCU fans a break, they are still kind of new at this.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

Besides no one on the Iowa State basketball team is eligible to play there for more than a season anyway so I'm not sure why you care.

Jameel McKay will be playing 1 1/2 seasons for ISU, thank you very much.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

We have a hell of an inferiority complex.

(this year we're undefeated against teams from Georgia in football, men's basketball, and baseball :smug:)

Eh when youre down like 21 games in the series you'll take what you can get I guess. Try not to get these vacated.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 17, 2015

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State is probably going to have 100k at the spring game tomorrow.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlotZpA864Q

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

DJExile posted:

Ga Tech got their Orange Bowl rings and they say STATE CHAMPS on one side

Lol

It only happens once a decade, so gently caress it, why not.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Spurrier should get tips from this also-70-year-old-man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOQqpxxWho8

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Part of Alabama's spring game weekend is a charity basketball game between former bama players and the Tuscaloosa PD

One of those players this year is Rolando McClain :ohdear:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

kittenmittons posted:

Ohio State is probably going to have 100k at the spring game tomorrow.

Which, in sum, is the total of Ohio State fans on the face of this planet.

gently caress Ohio State.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

To quote the late, great Bob Ufer: "Here we are at Ohio Stadium, filled with 15,000 students and 85,000 truck drivers."

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There's a block of townhouses I drive past often that has an Ohio State banner hanging on a house right next to one with an Alabama flag.

I'd have loved to see what that morning after was like.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-jameis-winston-rape-lawsuit-has-some-damaging-new-information

This posted yet? Pretty damning.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Welp, that was awful to read.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

I might go to Houston's spring game now that tomorrow's part of the MS-150 is canceled.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So the facebook think might not mean so much, but if the cabbie can say that she was so intoxicated that there was no way she could consent, thats game over. There are a lot of people that are saying that she is only looking for a payday, but perhaps thats because this case was so mishandled that there was no way to get it done criminally

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So with the campus PD and athletic department doing their best to botch the investigation and cover it up, has anything actually happened to FSU? Would a civil conviction matter at all? Funny how they can find the cab driver but gosh, the PD just can't find him!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Granted it could all just circumstantial but :smith:

quote:

'I feel the worst I almost felt in my life Smh #stupid.'"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Deteriorata posted:

To quote the late, great Bob Ufer: "Here we are at Ohio Stadium, filled with 15,000 students and 85,000 truck drivers."

"And here at Michigan Stadium we have 50,000 fans and 50,000 ghosts, the attendance today is 500,000"

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Eltoasto posted:

So with the campus PD and athletic department doing their best to botch the investigation and cover it up, has anything actually happened to FSU? Would a civil conviction matter at all? Funny how they can find the cab driver but gosh, the PD just can't find him!

Just making them look all the worse. Really disgusting if true.

Edit: not trying to be outraged about it, but the whole investigation seemed like bullshit at the time, so for this to come out now. Smdh

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 18, 2015

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

"And here at Michigan Stadium we have 50,000 fans and 50,000 ghosts, the attendance today is 500,000"

500,001. You forgot the ghost of Fielding Yost.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Someone on GT's first-team defense just had unsportsmanlike conduct called on him, in the spring game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I hope she is awarded eleventy-billion dollars and loving takes everything he gets from the NFL.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Shane Morris's first day as an announcer

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Deteriorata posted:

500,001. You forgot the ghost of Fielding Yost.

pretty sure he counts as one of the ghosts

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

JesustheDarkLord posted:

pretty sure he counts as one of the ghosts

It's a Michigan thing. There's always a 1 at the end of any report of stadium capacity or attendance to represent Yost's spirit looking down on the program.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Deteriorata posted:

It's a Michigan thing. There's always a 1 at the end of any report of stadium capacity or attendance to represent Yost's spirit looking down on the program.

You're....you're kidding right?

The :rolleyes: is so strong with you guys that satire is indistinguishable from real life.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

LeeMajors posted:

I hope she is awarded eleventy-billion dollars and loving takes everything he gets from the NFL.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

LeeMajors posted:

You're....you're kidding right?

The :rolleyes: is so strong with you guys that satire is indistinguishable from real life.

Better than A&M's new tradition to have 12 empty seats because of the Bonfire casualties.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
12 empty, unconstructed seats

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
It would be p. ironic if the entire stadium but those 12 seats collapsed under its own weight killing everyone inside

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Raku posted:

It would be p. ironic if the entire stadium but those 12 seats collapsed under its own weight killing everyone inside

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Deteriorata posted:

lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait, is Det being serious?

I thought this was his attempt at a joke.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

I had to look it up.

quote:

The structure provided a host of resources including a press area, a photo deck, darkrooms and various other amenities. Dedicated on Sept. 22, 1956, the press box and the additional seating constructed along with it increased the capacity of Michigan Stadium to 101,001. This began a tradition of ending all Michigan Stadium capacity numbers with the digit "1", the extra seat being in honor of Fritz Crisler, the director of athletics at the time. On Oct. 6, 1956, Michigan Stadium hosted over 100,000 people for the first time as a capacity crowd saw Michigan State defeat Michigan, 9-0.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/062008aaa.html

Also had to keep that 9-0 loss line in there for lols

• Locked thread