Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I started this game.

IAmTheRad - 765817610

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Saw the latest patch introduced yellow an red notifications for timing windows. What's up with that?

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy

Chill la Chill posted:

Saw the latest patch introduced yellow an red notifications for timing windows. What's up with that?

I'm confused, is this for the JP version?
Sidenote it's a good thing no one like Hanayo, I'm on track to t1/t2 . Also what exactly is the point to reaching t1 and getting 2 SRs? Is it so you can have one idolized and one non idolized?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Chill la Chill posted:

It's one of the skills that the new set of Rs have. It's like perfect lock but doesn't cover Goods.

DeusExMchna posted:

Also what exactly is the point to reaching t1 and getting 2 SRs? Is it so you can have one idolized and one non idolized?
You can keep them like that, or you can use the non idolized one to level the skill of the idolized one. It depends on how valuable the skill is.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks. I did just get a new R. I figured that the people who want tier 1s want a whole team of their idol and maybe an idolized version in the middle.

I'm enjoying the game again since the songs are hard and aren't songs I've already double S'd. After getting into the soccer spirits game I wish they had an auto complete - at least for songs you've already double S'd. Make them all hit goods or whatever. It would double up as a jukebox too.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Kodoku na Heaven Expert is literally exhausting to play if you're shooting for the full combo. The scales come at juuuuuust about the speed at which I can actually perceive them. :psypop:

Now to kill myself slogging through more non-event songs to prep for the next several runs of it to get that S. And then try Random again.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Took me 174 tries to full combo Love&Peace EX :suicide: I caved in after 160 tries of missing just 1 or 2 times and went for a full perfect lock team with mixed colors. I feel like I've cheated since it wasn't skill that did it, just stacking the perfect locks.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

AG3 posted:

Took me 174 tries to full combo Love&Peace EX :suicide: I caved in after 160 tries of missing just 1 or 2 times and went for a full perfect lock team with mixed colors. I feel like I've cheated since it wasn't skill that did it, just stacking the perfect locks.

It's how I managed to FC Snow Halation EX for the first time, so don't feel too bad. :V

I don't think I'm gonna be able to FC Kodoku na Heaven EX by the end of the event. I actually failed the Random chart on my first try, something that hasn't happened to me since probably Susume Tomorrow EX(or Soldier Game EX on the JP version). poo poo got realer this time around.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ya, event song EX is pretty tough.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I'm not even going to try, it took me over 30 tries FC'ing just the Hard version, and I still can't do it reliably. I just can't connect those rapid alternating notes with the song, and since I play with one hand a lot of the screen is blocked by it when I reach for notes in the upper corners.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

AG3 posted:

I'm not even going to try, it took me over 30 tries FC'ing just the Hard version, and I still can't do it reliably. I just can't connect those rapid alternating notes with the song, and since I play with one hand a lot of the screen is blocked by it when I reach for notes in the upper corners.
TBH I haven't comboed Hard either in the times I ran it. Had to choose between getting friend points or gems.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
It was pure luck the perfect locks lined up the way they did when I FC'ed it. I have no way of timing it since I can't get the notes to match the song in my head in the alternating parts, so I just have to concentrate on actually hitting them at all and pray the PL saves me. Which has worked once. Well, three times, but the other two times I hosed up on the easy parts first so it didn't matter.

I hate that note chart.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

TBH I haven't comboed Hard either in the times I ran it. Had to choose between getting friend points or gems.

What really helped me was watching a video guide with a sound assist. From there id just try to match the rhythm i heard in the video.

Anyways I'm on track for t2, but the reddit predictions make me hopeful i can just barely make it to t1.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

DeusExMchna posted:

What really helped me was watching a video guide with a sound assist. From there id just try to match the rhythm i heard in the video.

Anyways I'm on track for t2, but the reddit predictions make me hopeful i can just barely make it to t1.
I looked at the video and found out that that specific song had been revised, so I couldn't follow it quite well. Either way, here's 541 notes of jittery-ness

Edit: didn't even come close on random, I'm dead

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 29, 2015

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

DeusExMchna posted:

This helped me FC through Takaramonos, but I just couldn't get through those waves of notes during the chorus on the event song. I was at least able to T2 without putting in much effort, though.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Oktopaz releases good videos in 60fps. His videos help me out.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
New Daily Special Songs :toot:

And the old Daily Special Songs didn't go away like I feared! :toot:

Mermaid Festa Vol. 2 on [Super Hard] Expert :suicide:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I haven't been keeping up with the events cus I'm super busy these days, but I'm having a go at the new dailies and yeah, pretty freaking tough.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Just failed Otomeshiki Reni Juku EX twice in a row and it has been a long long time since I've failed anything. That fucker is tough.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I've realized I need to save my LP for at least grabbing the tier 2 this event but I want to read your frustration on Anemone Heart when that comes around. Looking to attempt that one myself

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I've realized I need to save my LP for at least grabbing the tier 2 this event but I want to read your frustration on Anemone Heart when that comes around. Looking to attempt that one myself

Here's my take on it: :suicide:

Jesus loving christ, I can't even full combo it on medium, and if not being able to full combo a song on medium difficulty isn't shameful at this point then I don't know what is. Then again even on easy it was obvious it was going to be terrible since it has more notes than some of the hard songs.

At least I got 2 love gems just from getting an S score on the hardest one (1 for A, 1 for S), so it was worth completing once at least, but gently caress trying to full combo it.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 13, 2015

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Anemone Heart is tough for a hard for sure, but I think I could maybe manage at least an A if I put my all my stamina for the day toward it.

Otomeshiki Renai Juku though... still can't even pass it after like 4 attempts. It's bananas. Maybe it's just me. I've never failed a song this bad.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I used a gem and got 2 back for S score. These are cool and all but they're during a score match event so they use up stamina that would be used to get higher on the leaderboard. It's already getting tough because apparently a lot of people like umi.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Man I can't wait to try and fail with you guys - I just need to finish getting my event SR first. I've been slacking at this game but the only things I feel like I'm missing are more replays for eventual gems. It's good they're introducing these new songs so I'm excited to play again.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Now that I've gotten several attempts on Binetsu Kara Mystery on Expert inside of the event, I think it's actually a blast to play. Even the dual mashing parts are fun. Can't wait for the song to come back in a monthly rotation, it's almost as much fun as After School Navigators

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The mystery song is really fun to listen to and I'm looking for English songs that use the same melody in the refrain. Sounds like something that could be a power ballad.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Taking a break from Jubeat to try this out. Is the goon population playing the English or Japanese version?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
English, right now were getting 1 free gem per day for free cuz its the one year anniversary.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

beaner69 posted:

English, right now were getting 1 free gem per day for free cuz its the one year anniversary.

On top of another free daily gem from the travel poll.

It's a pretty good time to be a new player.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Lol Soldier Game is the daily EX song. Also just got like 5 gems for doing all Nawatobi versions!

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

beaner69 posted:

Lol Soldier Game is the daily EX song. Also just got like 5 gems for doing all Nawatobi versions!

It'll be a cold day in hell before I even consider wasting LP on Soldier Day EX, seeing as I can barely complete the hard version. Also Nawatobi was awesome; easiest 5 gems ever.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
It's a weird feeling when Soldier Game EX is actually easier to me than Otome Shiki EX. The former is overall more difficult, sure, but the chorus parts of the latter are what constantly get my stamina down to 1/4 or even fail.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
After finishing Soldier Game EX twice I know I'm going to have to watch a video of the chart if I'm ever going to get more than, like, one gem out of it. Every cluster of the rapid taps is already on the way while I'm still sightreading the previous chunk.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Nico Puri is... quite something. After failing the hard version I'm not sure what is more grating; the singer, the lyrics or the note chart. Maybe I just shouldn't be playing the game before having had the first coffee, but the deluge of notes a little past halfway got me good.

*Edit*

Well, coffee certainly helped, at least I finished it and got my three gems. It's still an annoying song though.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 16, 2015

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I on the other hand, would like to nominate Nico Puri as the best song of the year. Maybe even change all songs to be about Nico.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
welp, Garasu no Hanazono is the only song of the new Dailies that I wasn't able to full combo by the end of the day. I understood the chart, but scales on the right side were what did me in. At least I managed to finally get Diamond Princess no Yuutsu and Susume Tomorrow.

Bit by bit I'm also starting to get the middle part of Soldier Game EX. It's starting to be the easiest song for me out of the four Daily EX charts, which feels ironic in a way.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is there a list of upcoming idol URs? I feel like the English version started to go off the tracks of the Japanese one when the event re-dos weren't done. I have 130 gems waiting for Nico to show up.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I look up the UR releases on the LLSIF wiki by Japanese version release date and infer the order from there.

If you're looking for a promotional increased rate thing featuring Nico, you're going to be waiting a while. The last time she was in one was early February, and her turn doesn't come again until this August.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
August? Dam, maybe I'll pull for UR Maki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Well maybe by August I'll have 200-250 gems so I might actually get one by then lol. I think the chances of me not getting a UR out of...10(?)11-draws is less than 10%. But oh well.

• Locked thread