Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Like... a week ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary is going to walk away with this, amazing.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
What's everyone's wish list for the primary? Personally I'd love to see a physical altercation between any two candidates

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

showbiz_liz posted:

What's everyone's wish list for the primary?

That it (GOP, obviously) ends in a brokered convention?

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 17, 2015

FOXDIE
Mar 31, 2014

showbiz_liz posted:

What's everyone's wish list for the primary? Personally I'd love to see a physical altercation between any two candidates

Ron Paul, disappointed by his son's pandering to the establishment, announces his candidacy for president.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

showbiz_liz posted:

Huckabee vs. Cruz attempting to literally call down God's fire Old Testament style like Huckabee threatened to do.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Real Name Grover posted:

That it ends in a brokered convention?

A free for all convention is probably the best but least likely outcome.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Real Name Grover posted:

That it ends in a brokered convention?

Oh god, that's always the dream. When did that last happen? Kennedy? McGovern?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

showbiz_liz posted:

It ends with a 3 way election of Clinton-whoever, Bush-Rubio, and Cruz-Walker

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

showbiz_liz posted:

Twice as many Republican debates. There weren't enough last time!

Oh and surprise run-ins by Newt and Hermancain, ideally with Jesse Ventura and Ahnold as the announcers.

Edit: Through hellfire and brimstone, bah gawd it's (Herman) Cain!

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
As long as someone says "OOPS!" in the middle of a debate I'll be happy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Oh god, that's always the dream. When did that last happen? Kennedy? McGovern?

1976 RNC or 1980 DNC, depending on how you're counting. Kennedy tried to mount a challenge in 1980 but it was p. much hopeless, but the Republican nominee was genuinely not decided going into the RNC in 1976.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Not that I think it will happen, of course. Some Real Clear guy did an article a couple months back

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/01/29/what_if_no_one_wins_the_gop_presidential_nomination_125426.html

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

showbiz_liz posted:

Footwashing as part of pre-debate prep.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Huckabee vs. Cruz attempting to literally call down God's fire Old Testament style like Huckabee threatened to do.

As long as their trying to call down the fire on each other.

- "Smite him God".

- "No God, I am your true presidential prophet, smite him", etc, etc.

Then the whole thing degenerates into a slap fight, Santorum jumps out and shouts

"Burn them both Spock God"

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 17, 2015

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

showbiz_liz posted:

Herman Cain 2.0.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

showbiz_liz posted:

John C. Calhoun and Thad Stevens rise from the dead and commence eternal mano-a-mano warfare on the Washington Mall. The Chesapeake area has to be evacuated to prevent collateral damage from the clash of undead titans.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Real Name Grover posted:

Not that I think it will happen, of course. Some Real Clear guy did an article a couple months back

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/01/29/what_if_no_one_wins_the_gop_presidential_nomination_125426.html

This still looks to be pretty accurate, except Romney isn't running. In there he talks about someone winning Iowa with 12% of the vote, which would be absolutely incredible.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I want further developments on chipotlegate. I can only imagine how the next candidate will upstage BOTH tipping and glasses removal.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

showbiz_liz posted:

Ranked by probability of happening:
  • Romney jumping back into the race.
  • Clinton called a oval office to thunderous applause at a Republican Debate.
  • Jeb secretly recorded promising to govern exactly like his brother.
  • Brokered Convention.
  • A Candidate getting so furious at a debate they have an aneurism on stage.
  • An attempt at an exorcism during the campaign caught on tape.
  • God is proved to be real when Jesus interrupts a debate to castigate every Republican on stage, followed by Ted Cruz trying to kill him.
  • Trump actually running.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

A successful exorcism when Reagan's Ghost walks onto stage, completely befuddled.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Would mitt be the least bad republican of the current and likely field?

I kind of like Bush's personality - he actually seems smarter than W.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

Ask yourself who Snake would vote for

Democrat

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

After BurritoGhaziGate, I can't wait to hear the stories about how Christi stopped and got 2 dozen donuts but they weren't there when he got to work, on a regular basis. Or how Cruz stops and gets dozens of feeder mice at pet stores, then gets caught eating them one by one while staring at the preschool playground

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

In a vacuum maybe, but it's likely that any Republican President would have to go along with what Congress wanted so the output would be more or less the same.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I don't think W was all that dumb, he just gave zero fucks about anyone other than his pals and covered it up with an aww shucks hick act that everyone swallowed. So expect more of that, maybe with a different act.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Whoa, slow down there buddy. Don't set your standards too high. :sweatdrop:

blunt for century posted:

Or how Cruz stops and gets dozens of feeder mice at pet stores, then gets caught eating them one by one while staring at the preschool playground

He chases them around with a vaccum cleaner and then makes his children clean it out.

Or was that Huckabee...

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
POLITICO, two days ago: Wall Street Not Worried About Hillary

POLITICO, today: How Hillary Jilted Wall Street

:confused:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It's almost like they post clickbait all the time :v:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

She said something nice about Elizabeth Warren.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Clinton's reaction to first story: 'Cut that poo poo out, I have a base to pander to! You want access? Well gently caress you, correct yourselves.'

Politico yesterday: 'Do we want access?'

Politico today: 'Clinton jilts Wall Street!'

This is why I don't like Clinton as a candidate, she's got an authoritarian mindset, not a collaborationist one.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

showbiz_liz posted:

my usual go to is "gas main explosion at CPAC"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Huckabee is going to announce on May 5 in Hope, Arkansas.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Joementum posted:

Primary day? Odd choice

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Far too late to be a real candidate in consideration, he probably received a consultant plan that gives semi-decent odds for a campaign implosion by first week may and his ability to jump into the narrative using that.

Unfortunate for the huckster, Walker, Bush, and Rubio may be splitting a weak majority of support between themselves, but that support is deep where everyone elses' support is shallow at best.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Also, Ben Carson is announcing on May 4. Carly Fiorina is "probably" announcing "in a few weeks".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Far too late to be a real candidate in consideration,
You realise that neither Bush nor Walker have announced yet right.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pinterest Mom posted:

You realise that neither Bush nor Walker have announced yet right.

They have where it counts, and they've gobbled up the first-rate support between them. Rubio's left with their crumbs and second-rate donors at best.

Paul? He's got a new hampshire and vermont state rep on his side! One of each!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Why do we think Walker is a real candidate again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

My Imaginary GF posted:

They have where it counts, and they've gobbled up the first-rate support between them. Rubio's left with their crumbs and second-rate donors at best.

Paul? He's got a new hampshire and vermont state rep on his side! One of each!

*waves hands*

• Locked thread