Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Mindblast posted:

Isn't the type 20 going to have something like that mega structure stuff built into it?

Whatever the case, Tanikaze will surely use the Type-20 to wreck poo poo in a glorious fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airflamer
Jan 21, 2012

wow that story was super amazingly awesome, im not even joking right now

Grimey Drawer
Chapter 70

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Onigiri has been gifted, best girl confirmed.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Is the Tsugumori Mk. 2 a complete rear end pull or did I just totally forget that it existed? Or was it always "Mk. 2" and they just usually didn't refer to it that way?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
It was the thing Tanikaze sortied in after the prototype got dropped into the sun, the one covered in kabi knives and with anti gauna machine guns and junk.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Oh, that thing. I remember now! :downs:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I can't tell whether tanikaze is just being impatient and wants to sortie or just doesn't want to hear kunato talking to him at all. It's probably the first one, since he trusts him to protect Sidonia.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I hope the noise that kept us from hearing whatever Kunato told Tanikaze actually kept him from hearing it too, he was just too polite to ruin the dramatic moment by shouting "SORRY WHAT DID YOU SAY IT'S LOUD AS poo poo IN HERE".

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh
This seems like a good place to ask. Did Abara ever come out officially in English or Chinese? This question is even vaguely on topic since there are Gauna in Abara.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

pairofdimes posted:

This seems like a good place to ask. Did Abara ever come out officially in English or Chinese? This question is even vaguely on topic since there are Gauna in Abara.

There is a HK traditional Chinese version of Abara that came out, was published by 天下出版 but not sure if they have back catalog stuff available... Gauna are translated as 奇居(子) (pretty sure they kept this for sidonia also).

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Wookie Bouquet posted:

There is a HK traditional Chinese version of Abara that came out, was published by 天下出版 but not sure if they have back catalog stuff available... Gauna are translated as 奇居(子) (pretty sure they kept this for sidonia also).

Thanks, I'll try to hunt it down. Somebody is bound to have it somewhere.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

pairofdimes posted:

Thanks, I'll try to hunt it down. Somebody is bound to have it somewhere.

Check your PMs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've just started reading this and I assume its supposed to not really make any sense and feel like its skipped pages and its not just kissmanga?

edit: characters being kind of hard to distinguish between isn't helping

Jose fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 1, 2015

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Jose posted:

I've just started reading this and I assume its supposed to not really make any sense and feel like its skipped pages and its not just kissmanga?

Which part? Nihei's writing style leaves a bit of stuff implied.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jose posted:

From what I gather this series is the first from the author that actually has "characters" so I guess it's to be expected they're kinda indistinguishable

Dude just likes drawing cool poo poo and so that's why things kinda change at the drop of a hat, don't go in expecting much cerebral stuff but do expect lots of cool and terrible things happening and also ~love~

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I do remember that the first couple of chapters were rather confusing and had to go back and re-read them once I got a little bit farther, after which they made more sense. Everything since then has been easy enough to follow.

Airflamer
Jan 21, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Chapter 71

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Is it just me or have the recent chapters been really short?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Jesus christ that last page :stonk:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Creepier one was right before they jumped and you realize just how big the Gauna are, given scale next to the huge human ships

Creepiest part of the entire series for me was the girl hopefully going back to the ship only to realize she was actually a massive Gauna who had absorbed the memory and shape of the dead girl

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Dude this is some Abara poo poo.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
"gently caress you!"

"No, really gently caress you."

"gently caress you some more."

"Next chapter, you'll be even more hosed."

:negative:

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Creepiest part of the entire series for me was the girl hopefully going back to the ship only to realize she was actually a massive Gauna who had absorbed the memory and shape of the dead girl

That's my favourite part of the entire series. I"m sorry that storyline didn't go further, actually. I thought it was more interesting than the rest of the series. (Not that the rest of the series is bad.)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh definitely. That was some grade A sci-fi body horror. I do wonder if we'll get more information on it eventually.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Yeah, that scene with the absorbed Honoka sister reminded me of the scientists from John Carpenter's The Thing, where the characters don't seem to realize that they've been changed until some part of their environment stresses them into a horrific transformation.

It also added to the previous scenes where the Crimson Hawkmoths are trying to murder/mate with/absorb Tanikaze.

Thanks for this thread, since I couldn't find any more ebook versions after Vol.13 released a couple weeks back.

I like the little author's side notes in the scanned versions, although you tell that he's burning out and is ready to wrap the series. I'll be sad when it ends, no matter the outcome.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fleetwood posted:

Yeah, that scene with the absorbed Honoka sister reminded me of the scientists from John Carpenter's The Thing, where the characters don't seem to realize that they've been changed until some part of their environment stresses them into a horrific transformation.

It also added to the previous scenes where the Crimson Hawkmoths are trying to murder/mate with/absorb Tanikaze.

Thanks for this thread, since I couldn't find any more ebook versions after Vol.13 released a couple weeks back.

I like the little author's side notes in the scanned versions, although you tell that he's burning out and is ready to wrap the series. I'll be sad when it ends, no matter the outcome.

It's the most normal of his works, so it's not surprising. BiOmega and BLAME! both had small casts and big open worlds to change stuff up regularly with.

Airflamer
Jan 21, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Chapter 72

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's nice to see BLAME! getting a reprint. I know for a while it was hard to get ahold of Volume 1 to the point I had to actively hunt for it online.

I want that GBE.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's nice to see BLAME! getting a reprint. I know for a while it was hard to get ahold of Volume 1 to the point I had to actively hunt for it online.

I want that GBE.

Not just reprinted, but in a larger format with new cover art too. I wonder if that will start happening in the US some time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

pairofdimes posted:

Not just reprinted, but in a larger format with new cover art too. I wonder if that will start happening in the US some time.

Don't know why they're splitting it into six dual-volume releases when there's only ten volumes though. It's not like they're of varying size either.

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."
Just finished marathoning this over the last few days. Really enjoying the characters and the setting. The whole "Everyone's a clone" thing, despite being an interesting bit of world building, comes off as a bit of an excuse to not not vary character designs though. And everyone has the same mouth all the time. That said, I think this is genuinely really nice.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The only people who are clones are the Honoka sisters, unfortunately at times he really does just have a severe case of sameface. He gets better as he goes with the accessories and styles to help but can't deny it's there.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Well, the limited genepool due to the last big disaster does give some excuse for the same face.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pierson posted:

The only people who are clones are the Honoka sisters, unfortunately at times he really does just have a severe case of sameface. He gets better as he goes with the accessories and styles to help but can't deny it's there.

They all came out of vats, pretty much. They had to rebuild the entire population of Sidonia in the space of a couple generations with only about a hundred survivors, you're not doing that with good old fashioned fuckin'.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
[url="http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sidonia-No-Kishi/Vol-015-Ch-073--The-Interception-of-the-001st-Assault-Fleet?id=227768"]New chapter[/ur] with some good stuff and some more details about the Blame! remaster/reissue. It looks like you're going to have to buy every volume to go into the draw to win a GBE.

Back to the chapter I'd be totally fine with Ochiai loving up this badly and getting subsumed by the gauna, but no way that can happen before Kunato gets a shot in.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I should remind myself not to read the comment section.

Tsuruuchi was badass. Again. I hope he isn't actually dead. :ohdear:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Jesus. That seems like beyond catastrophic damage. Isn't the entire interior of the ship exposed to space now?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pierson posted:

Jesus. That seems like beyond catastrophic damage. Isn't the entire interior of the ship exposed to space now?

At this rate I expect either a major shift in the story or he'll be wrapping it up soon...Things really can't get much more dire at this point.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

There Bias Two posted:

At this rate I expect either a major shift in the story or he'll be wrapping it up soon...Things really can't get much more dire at this point.

I was thinking that with them setting up the converters and the graviton canons, along with one of the planets being suitable for life (or close enough to it) that this system would be a good a place as any to draw a line in the sand. They've spent a thousand years trying to escape Gauna space and it hasn't gotten any better. Maybe it's the kabi/higgs stuff drawing them, but maybe not. Maybe they're just that widespread. At this point, they should probably consider that with the weapons that they're putting in place, they may never be in a better position to fight off the Gauna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

This might also be a way to "force" the Sidonia to attempt a colonising regardless of how bad of a plan it is.

• Locked thread