Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
It's almost like its possible to make jokes on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's almost like its possible to make jokes on the internet.

Yeah I'm just getting bored of people arguing with a fake conspiracy theorist now that the real ones are gone.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm just trying to create a safe space. If you want your intended prey to arrive, you have to make it welcoming. I think all of us in this thread both like and know enough about cts that we could foucaults pendulum/illuminatus! Some fun new ones of our own.

My personal favorite right now is that the Soviets kept waging war against the Nazis and their inner earth allies. Most of their atomic tests along the poles was an atomic war against them. The super deep borehole is how they.made contact for a peace treaty. Presumably the Soviets capitulated since the Soviets union collapse d shortly thereafter.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

So you don't believe a cia director said a thing he did and you are dismissive of one of six points because you don't like the concept of context. What about the other five points?

Wild speculation based on a quote is still wild speculation

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
That's why I always ignore people when they tell me things.

:smug:: where is the corner store?

:rant:: keep going straight two blocks, turn left and it'll be another block. Say hi to Jose, he's a good dude and will hook you up.

:smug:: you do realize that blocks are an arbitrary unit of measurement and Jose can't work there all the time. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Lolololol take your meds.

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013
I heard that 9/11 was an attempt to instill fear in the American populace so that the US Government could enact harsh legislation that benefited corporations and power hungry individuals more than the general public.

I also heard that the Jews were responsible for it, just as they were responsible for killing Jesus Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIwg9E_dHk

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Shbobdb was an inside job!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I recently saw a movie on how there are space Nazis on the dark side of the moon, but it said Sarah Palin was president so I'm unsure of how true it is.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

so what i take from this map is that water flouridation happens about 50km away from the gays

tele-gay-thy

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

So fluoride makes you like gay people is the argument?

(I'm leaving aside the fact that this makes no sense and that it doesn't even match the charts ; one level of crazy at a time here.)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Xiahou Dun posted:

So fluoride makes you like gay people is the argument?

Lack of fluoride. It's a lefty source:

https://allegedlyapparent.wordpress...data-by-county/

quote:

If favoring civil rights, liberty, freedom of choice, celebrating diversity and nonconformity have something to with brain health, then fluoridation-induced brain damage would make one less likely to take a stand, right? Next, I’m going to see if there’s suggestive statistical evidence for this…

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Yeah because homophobia and racism didn't exist before water fluoridation, and those concepts only exist in regions with an extra milligram per liter of fluoride. Makes sense

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I think the fact that I couldn't even tell what their point was speaks volumes about how well those are correlated.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
It depresses me that like holocaust deniers, these guys are going to be around forever:

quote:

Two building that fell down, that were designed NOT TO FALL DOWN from an airplane strike, and then we get (7 hours later) a building that fell down from what? Collateral damage? No airplane strike, no fire, no nothing really.

quote:

Why did the other world trade center buildings get giant holes in them and required a demo team to take them down- but this building collapses into its own footprint?

quote:

Every time I get around to thinking, "Maybe I really am a tin-foil hat nutjob?", I watch WTC 7 collapse and get a much needed reality check. Then I feel sad.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

you can't silence the truth, man

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

blowfish posted:

you can't silence the truth, man

These people are not deep thinkers. I stole that one goon's joke about there being no towers and it got 400+ upvotes, so naturally I've been accused of being a government shill with upvote bots at my disposal to facilitate discreditation of these humble and earnest Truth Seekers.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I'd argue that truthers are even stupider than holocaust deniers when there is video evidence and hundreds of news reports on that matter, freely available at any time.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Accretionist posted:

These people are not deep thinkers. I stole that one goon's joke about there being no towers and it got 400+ upvotes, so naturally I've been accused of being a government shill with upvote bots at my disposal to facilitate discreditation of these humble and earnest Truth Seekers.

There is a literal Truth Conference in my cuntry and it's hilarious and very trollable.

roughly:
:freep: "You are part of the lying press so of course you can't talk about it"

:v: "Ok so if I can't say it because I like my job or something then why don't you tell the world about it"

:freep: "Well your moderator guy always has his hands on his glasses :tinfoil: that is clearly a signal :tinfoil:"

:v: "For what?"

:freep: "You know"

:v: "Obviously I do :rolleyes:"

:freep: "Me too"

:v: "So why don't you tell us?"

:freep: "What?"

:v: "What you know? About our moderator and his glasses?"

:freep: "Well it's what you know"

:v: "Which is?"

:freep: "Well, uh, well, what you know, you know"

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Mercury_Storm posted:

I'd argue that truthers are even stupider than holocaust deniers when there is video evidence and hundreds of news reports on that matter, freely available at any time.

Nah, the truthers are at least admitting that the buildings fell down, just arguing about how it happened and who did it. With the holocaust you've got the people directly involved on record going "Yeah, we killed a whole lot of jews, here's how we did it" and the deniers are like nope, that never happened.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
Have we talked about how Memories Pizza is a false-flag operation by the Republican Party to provide cover for secret fundraising activities?

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
No, but I like it. Tell me more.

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Nah, the truthers are at least admitting that the buildings fell down, just arguing about how it happened and who did it. With the holocaust you've got the people directly involved on record going "Yeah, we killed a whole lot of jews, here's how we did it" and the deniers are like nope, that never happened.

Paid actors go back a LONG ways...I bet if you go back and look you can find they look exactly like the family members in Sandy Hook!!!! :tinfoil:

On another note: is it just me, or has there suddenly been a mass outpouring of derision against Food Babe? I forgot what she had said recently, but I'm sure that was the trigger. Instead of, you know, where she accuses everyone that disagrees with her as a paid shill (doesn't that sounds familiar)...

EDIT:

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Have we talked about how Memories Pizza is a false-flag operation by the Republican Party to provide cover for secret fundraising activities?

:allears: Do please tell.

Edit: Oh I see - http://www.forwardprogressives.com/the-indiana-memories-pizza-fundraiser-is-a-conservative-media-scam/

So because the guy who started it works for TheBlaze, worked with James O'Keefe, etc, plus a lot of funds were donated anonmyously...

You know, it's not like a bunch of conservative nuts supporting other nuts, and a lot of people that donated probably don't want to be known for having done so...

Lightning Jim fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 13, 2015

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

Lightning Jim posted:

So because the guy who started it works for TheBlaze, worked with James O'Keefe, etc, plus a lot of funds were donated anonmyously...

You know, it's not like a bunch of conservative nuts supporting other nuts, and a lot of people that donated probably don't want to be known for having done so...

Looks to me like TheBlaze started the kickstarter but not the business based on the article. Am I just misunderstanding your post? That doesn't seem that sinister to me, whether homophobia's your favorite topping or not.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Lightning Jim posted:

On another note: is it just me, or has there suddenly been a mass outpouring of derision against Food Babe? I forgot what she had said recently, but I'm sure that was the trigger. Instead of, you know, where she accuses everyone that disagrees with her as a paid shill (doesn't that sounds familiar)...

Gawker had a pretty good article by a chemist calling her out a week or so ago, that probably helped: http://gawker.com/the-food-babe-blogger-is-full-of-poo poo-1694902226

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:

Krotera posted:

Looks to me like TheBlaze started the kickstarter but not the business based on the article. Am I just misunderstanding your post? That doesn't seem that sinister to me, whether homophobia's your favorite topping or not.

No, that's what I meant. It also doesn't seem sinster to me either, it's that as in the post I quoted, there's a conspiracy theory outcry from the liberal side on it. People are claiming it's fake and being used as a way around fundraising laws by the GOP.

I'm claiming the fact they funded it was more "crazies helping crazies" legitimately. And the lot of multiple anonymous donations were more out of each individual's caution from public embarrassment, rather than a large group of shady "fake donations" as is claimed in the article.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Gawker had a pretty good article by a chemist calling her out a week or so ago, that probably helped: http://gawker.com/the-food-babe-blogger-is-full-of-poo poo-1694902226

The food babe has been making GBS threads up public discourse for a while, so it's probably just a function of her rising fame.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Can anyone explain agenda-21 poo poo to me? I'm fairly involved in a lot of urban planning, transport and land use stuff and I only have a passing knowledge of it because the only people who even seem to know or care it exists are conspiracy theorists. From what I know it's some very general suggestions for how cities and development and urbanization can be done a bit more sustainably. It has no power, signing the agreement is purely symbolic and it's just poo poo about better land use and obvious poo poo like "if you are an arid country, try to design landscaping that uses less water!" or "Transit is pretty good, you can add more density around transit to make it even gooder".

Yet even where I live in happy little Victoria BC people are yelling about how the closure of a campsite next to a reservoir due to people constantly littering and leaving fuel and poo poo around is all part of agenda 21's plot to force everyone into cities and make it illegal to go into nature. The owner of the city's biggest general events/news/political discussion forum just started dropping these agenda 21 references.

I'm curious, is there any language in the actual suggestions them selves that are triggering these people, or is it just people freaking out about some documents they've never read because a bunch of other people who never read them heard from their friend in an Alabama militia that agenda 21 totally is going to strip people of all property rights and implement sharia law?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Agenda 21 is a 1992/1993 agreement that says "countries should totally like be sustainable, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, no rush yall". With some information on like good ways to do such a thing.

Idiots think it means the UN can use black helicopters to enforce Sharia law and bikes on honest god fearing Americans/Canadians.

The full text of Agenda 21 (about 300 pages in book form) is on the UN site: http://www.unep.org/Documents.Multilingual/Default.asp?documentid=52

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baronjutter posted:

I'm curious, is there any language in the actual suggestions them selves that are triggering these people, or is it just people freaking out about some documents they've never read because a bunch of other people who never read them heard from their friend in an Alabama militia that agenda 21 totally is going to strip people of all property rights and implement sharia law?

Nah, you've got it right.

Agenda 21 is an innocuous document that says "Hey we think it's a good idea to build this way and not that way because that way is more expensive and unhealthier and stuff" which is, of course, the evil UN illuminati trying to ban private lawns, car ownership, and single family housing.

Here's a telling little factoid from wiki: "A June 2012 poll of 1,300 United States voters by the American Planning Association found that 9% supported Agenda 21, 6% opposed it, and 85% thought they didn't have enough information to form an opinion."

Like you know how every urban planning thread on something awful devolves into a horrible slapfight between people who hate cities and people who hate suburbs? That, but sincere, and in real life.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Can anyone explain agenda-21 poo poo to me? I'm fairly involved in a lot of urban planning, transport and land use stuff and I only have a passing knowledge of it because the only people who even seem to know or care it exists are conspiracy theorists. From what I know it's some very general suggestions for how cities and development and urbanization can be done a bit more sustainably. It has no power, signing the agreement is purely symbolic and it's just poo poo about better land use and obvious poo poo like "if you are an arid country, try to design landscaping that uses less water!" or "Transit is pretty good, you can add more density around transit to make it even gooder".

Yet even where I live in happy little Victoria BC people are yelling about how the closure of a campsite next to a reservoir due to people constantly littering and leaving fuel and poo poo around is all part of agenda 21's plot to force everyone into cities and make it illegal to go into nature. The owner of the city's biggest general events/news/political discussion forum just started dropping these agenda 21 references.

Here in America, the Republican Party has made opposition to Agenda 21 a national platform issue:
https://cdn.gop.com/docs/2012_wintermeeting_resolutions.pdf

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a15812/agenda-21-republican-platform-12755348/

quote:

The national Republican Party officially adopted an anti-Agenda 21 plank in its platform last month. "We strongly reject the UN Agenda 21 as erosive of American sovereignty, and we oppose any form of UN Global Tax," it reads.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
e: dumb

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Whoa I didn't realize the population of Chechnya was small enough to all be put into a building.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Lady Naga posted:

Whoa I didn't realize the population of Chechnya was small enough to all be put into a building.

I didn't realize the entirety of Chechnya was a building that was on fire.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I didn't realize the entirety of Chechnya was a building that was on fire.

Chechnya is an advanced Soviet arcology whose AI became self-aware

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The Chairman posted:

Chechnya is an advanced Soviet arcology whose AI became self-aware

Its first thought was "Holy poo poo I'm on fire!"

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The twelve stars of the EU are the twelve great Jewish families of Europe. Outside of Europe, there are an additional 9 families. Do the math, agenda 21 is communism 2.0.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
There's been a video bouncing around (mostly sourced from Infowars) and an idiot friend of mine linked it on Facebook. This person is a highly-paid silicon engineer for a major American chip producer and yet he took one look at that totally innocuous video and declared it "very creepy". Like, a bunch of guys in the National Guard who probably live within thirty miles of the place in the video are doing a perfectly ordinary National Guard thing, but the fact that when they march through an intersection some of them fall out of line to direct traffic in what's obviously a routine standard procedure means that it's Jade Helmet time and soon we'll all be marched off to FEMA death camps.

On the bright side, this guy is the sort of goofball that in social situations emits a continual stream of LOL-worthy weird statements, including stuff on topics like that video, and because he's generally a good sport he's great fun for me and my (D&D lurker) son at holiday parties.

One of his subsequent comments on that video assured another commenter that he "keeps up with all the big conspiracy theories."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

The twelve stars of the EU are the twelve great Jewish families of Europe. Outside of Europe, there are an additional 9 families. Do the math, agenda 21 is communism 2.0.

i love it when conspiracy theorists find significance in unrelated numbers, i always get the biggest kick out of that numerology poo poo

'666 is the mark of the beast but it's just three sixes which add up to 18, and if you reverse 18 that's 8 + 1 = 9, illuminati has two L letters in it so that means their number is 11, put 9 and 11 together and you get 911 HOLY poo poo THE ILLUMINATI AND SATAN TOGETHER CAUSED 9/11'

• Locked thread