Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

joeburz posted:

He hates unions and govt spending

And the ret of the potential republican candidates wax poetic about unions and government spending all night long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Skwirl posted:

And the ret of the potential republican candidates wax poetic about unions and government spending all night long?

No but he had a fairly large amount of (positive for his party's view) national news coverage regarding his policies in wisconsin and his credibility until recently wasn't marred by huge issues on national TV like some of the other candidates. rubio and jindal embarassed themselves with their SOTU responses and haven't had much good press otherwise. perry with his 2012 debate, his bizarre fascination with pretending to be smart using glasses, and a third thing i cant remember. paul is in a weird position being quasi-libertarian while trying to push the party views. christie is a trainwreck from the hugging of obama after sandy through to current events with fed investigation of the bridge poo poo. Jeb is a loving bush that also hasnt been in office for years.

like walker is a horrible candidate but its all relative when youre scraping the bottom of the barrel

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Has the Hillary ad from America Rising PAC been discussed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k1-PdKfKX0

I've been asking this since Romney's 2011 campaign video, but what the hell is with all the campaign ads/PACs that look or sound like new zombie video game/movie franchises, lately?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Deep Hurting posted:

I've been asking this since Romney's 2011 campaign video, but what the hell is with all the campaign ads/PACs that look or sound like new zombie video game/movie franchises, lately?

Well what do you think they've spent the last four years doing?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I'm subscribing to every presidential candidate on facebook, just to have an idea of what's going on from all sides, and Rand Paul's account just linked his first article attacking her support for the Iraq war. Wonder if that'll get a lot of traction this time around. It might be accidentally hilarious for Jeb Bush to try and deride Hilary for voting for war in Iraq.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Joining IsIs is you idiots elect this oval office.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

What is with this tard? Is this his first time out and about in DC or something? He works there for fucks sake.

Grope-A-Matic
Nov 16, 2008

sigh... you really suck at hand
to hand combat i wont lie and
this is way more challenging
then i thought it would be. to
teach you hand to hand combat,
alright i will try to teach you
some more hand to hand combat

Jesus Christ, we really are back in the 90s.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

John C. Calhoun and Thad Stevens rise from the dead and commence eternal mano-a-mano warfare on the Washington Mall. The Chesapeake area has to be evacuated to prevent collateral damage from the clash of undead titans.

Looking at their pictures, they're exactly the type of guys able to punch their way out of the afterlife.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Would mitt be the least bad republican of the current and likely field?

I kind of like Bush's personality - he actually seems smarter than W.

He is more conservative than his brother.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 18, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

blunt for century posted:

What all counts as starting a campaign?

In Hillary's case her campaign org signed a lease on a bunch of office space, which is unequivocally a campaign activity.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shageletic posted:

Looking at their pictures, they're exactly the type of guys able to punch their way out of the afterlife.

My favorite Jackson quotes have to do with Calhoun, his own Vice President.

"John Calhoun, if you secede from my nation, I will secede your head from the rest of your body."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"John Calhoun, if you secede from my nation, I will secede your head from the rest of your body."

Of the several presidents who could actually behead somebody with a saber (Washington, prob. Lincoln, TR, Eisenhower) Jackson was probably the one most likely to have really done so.

I mean, probably not on a subject that was resisting, but still.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

Carly Fiorina is "probably" announcing "in a few weeks".

:toot:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Purple and Yellow is a bold color combination

Rand Paul: Bold and Gold Leadership

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Selfie at a war memorial, keep it classy Rand.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Shageletic posted:

Thad Stevens was actually awful at punching, which is why Roscoe Conkling was born.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Raskolnikov38 posted:

My favorite Jackson quotes have to do with Calhoun, his own Vice President.

Jackson may be the only person able to prevent a war with threats of personal violence. Hell the South waited another 16 years after his death before they were sure the coast was clear for rebellion.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
e: forget it

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

How are u posted:

Selfie at a war memorial, keep it classy Rand.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
It's a shame he was basically the Hitler of the New World because Andy Jackson was a stone-cold dude.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Those Rand selfies reek of a campaign manager crafting the shitiness to match the 'average guy's selfie, from the cowlick down to the gym shirt. I guess it's slightly less transparent than the Paul Ryan work out pics.

CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...

Aliquid posted:

Marco Rubio Eats Meal, Probably - AP

Update: Sources add that he drank lots of water, most likely.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

the stock ipod ear buds are the real travesty

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rochallor posted:

It's a shame he was basically the Hitler of the New World because Andy Jackson was a stone-cold dude.

Not many people could take a lead ball to the chest and then calmly aim and kill a dude.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Man, I still can't believe they photoshopped themselves into this picture.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Not many people could take a lead ball to the chest and then calmly aim and kill a dude.

Let alone have that be the plan from the start.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

Let alone have that be the plan from the start.

I'm reading a great biography of Jackson right now Andrew Jackson: His Life and Times by H.W. Brands (which is excellent by the way, surprisingly hard to find a good bio of the man) and Jackson's life is something where if you filmed it I think people would just assume you were making poo poo up. Its honestly just insane how much life the man lived.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mooyashi posted:

it's a rule that when you talk about Scott Walker you have to post a picture of him

Has anyone made this joke yet

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Carly Fiorina must have the worst advisors ever. I can't believe she thinks she could even compete, let alone win.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bunleigh posted:

Carly Fiorina must have the worst advisors ever. I can't believe she thinks she could even compete, let alone win.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bunleigh posted:

She's running for vice-president. She's using basically every platform she has to attack Hillary Clinton, trying to show that she'd be an effective (and demographically useful) surrogate in a general who could attack Hillary in a way that other candidates couldn't.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
"A spokesman for Fiorina responded that the Fiorinas were a two-yacht family because they spent time in both California and Washington, D.C"

Mickey Mental
May 18, 2008
Carly is going to be speaking in my town on my birthday. Jeb's coming soon too.

It's either because I'm not my younger more idealist self or that I think they don't stand a chance that I can't even be bothered to attend either event.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jazerus posted:

Hillary is the LBJ to Obama's Kennedy.

That's a good thing. LBJ got momentous poo poo done that a man with a lesser spine, balls, or volume of blackmail could not have accomplished.

But can you be LBJ without literally cockslapping your opponents into line?

Rochallor posted:

Say what you will about the man, but he absolutely loved America.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Gyges posted:

Jackson may be the only person able to prevent a war with threats of personal violence. Hell the South waited another 16 years after his death before they were sure the coast was clear for rebellion.

That reminds me, when would be a good time to launch my #BillClintonOnThe20 campaign?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If we elect Carly president, does that mean her resignation leads to a huge GDP boost?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

rear end cobra posted:

"A spokesman for Fiorina responded that the Fiorinas were a two-yacht family because they spent time in both California and Washington, D.C"

The yacht she paid for by outsourcing thousands of jobs and doubling her salary. Jesus Christ :jerkbag:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

hobbesmaster posted:

If we elect Carly president, does that mean her resignation leads to a huge GDP boost?

Hopefully it is an abusable mechanic where we can keep electing then impeaching her for massive GDP gains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Hopefully it is an abusable mechanic where we can keep electing then impeaching her for massive GDP gains

She can "fail upwards" to Canada and become PM.

• Locked thread