Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think we already all knew that, but it would be the touch to make it extra noticeable as the living crusaders look over at an empty space

also i saw some random comment on youtube where a person suggested 'what a wonderful world' as the ending song for part 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i think we already all knew that, but it would be the touch to make it extra noticeable as the living crusaders look over at an empty space
Yep. It's foreshadowed, but you still expect to see them there in the ED. Cutting them out would give it that little extra touch.

After all,

Joseph's only holding three tickets.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that scene is also perfect for cutting them out, as well. polnareff and joseph's overall demeanor can take on a much different meaning when the train is way more empty. i'm genuinely expecting them to do something like that. hell, they made special endings for oingo & boingo & hol horse.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
gently caress. I'd noticed the river but not really the nuances of the train car scene. I think this might be tipping the scale from "kinda sadistically interested in my friends' reactions" to "legitimately sad as hell all over again" now.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I honestly hope they use Roundabout for an ED somewhere.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean seriously, all three of them are in positions that would make them super easy to remove. also it may just be wishful thinking skewing my perceptions but avdol and kakyoin kinda look vaguely drawn differently from the rest which could imply they were added in afterwards once they had what they needed for the proposed ED of the final episode.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I'm really really hoping for a soft MUDA to start being audible, getting louder with each addition intro, until its comparable to the ORA

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If ends on a cliffhanger with DIO about to decapitate Jotaro and kill Polpol, I want the OP of the next episode to be only MUDAMUDAMUDA and the Star Platinum bit to be ZAAAAA WARUDOOOOOO!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Dare you enter his magical realm?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

This is my favorite thing so far from the anime, just look at this magical floating Egyptian butler to a dracula and tell me it doesn't own.

Why the gently caress can he do that, anyway?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is my favorite thing so far from the anime, just look at this magical floating Egyptian butler to a dracula and tell me it doesn't own.

Why the gently caress can he do that, anyway?

Either his stand is carrying him or Kenny G hosed with the layout to make him look like that

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I always assumed the latter.

Not as big a fan of this fight as a lot of the others, mostly because of its placement, but I'm looking forward to seeing F-MEGA and Oh! That's a Baseball! animated.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

d'arby #2 would be much better off if it happened earlier. i wouldn't much care if it just didn't exist, honestly. it's a weird stop inbetween pet shop and the finale stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you don't think F-Zero to the death is the coolest thing, you're beyond help.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I think the fight is fine on its own merits, it's just that it's such an obvious retread of the first D'Arby fight so soon afterwards, sandwiched between Petshop and Vanilla Ice. As one of the two penultimate fights in Part 3, I would've liked something with a little more [GRAVITY] than video games (awesome as the concept is in theory).

Honestly, I feel like this fight would've been far more at home in Part 4, though at the same time I suppose it foreshadows the possibility of two people having similar stands.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Most of Stardust Crusaders is Araki showing all the things he learned during his trip through India, Pakistan and the Middle East. When these chapters were made, around late 1991 or early 1992, he had probably just gotten an SNES and wanted to show his readers how cool his new racing and baseball video games were.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Araki wanted to become a documentary film maker but couldn't make it so he became a mangaka instead.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Davinci posted:

Don't need to. They're already on the other side of the river
This may be a bit much over anaylzing, but in same vein as the river: in the OP, Iggy, Avdol and Kakyoin are all on the left side of the big staircase while Polnareff and Joseph are on the right.

God, I'm gonna have to play Heritage for the Future story modes once this is all over so I can pretend all the Crusaders lived.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I genuinely don't think you can over analyse the OP and ED. The OP in particular. It has so many little details that reference something or other.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Yeah, remember:

David loves those spoilers.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Moltrey posted:

This may be a bit much over anaylzing, but in same vein as the river: in the OP, Iggy, Avdol and Kakyoin are all on the left side of the big staircase while Polnareff and Joseph are on the right.

God, I'm gonna have to play Heritage for the Future story modes once this is all over so I can pretend all the Crusaders lived.

Kakyoin dies in his ending tho :(

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

After all, Joseph's only holding three tickets.
I like the alternate interpretation of "Jotaro and Kakyoin buy their own student tickets and Iggy needs no ticket" more, if only because that doesn't remind me of dead people (and canine). :smith:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Iggy went to a farm upstate and Kakyoin and Advol went with him to keep him company.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

LvK posted:

No, look, Kakyoin just got really tired and fell asleep on the plane ride home. Jotaro woke him up when they got back to Japan and he lived a long life and he's fine okay? Kakyoin's fine. He's fine...

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Aurora posted:

Someone already pointed out that they're symbolically dead in the ED because they're on the other side of a river

Also Kakyoin is in a separate window so even after Iggy and Avdol die to Vanilla Ice, there's still no clear confirmation that Kakyoin kicks the bucket too.

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

David could be really cruel and only have Jotaro in the second to last ED. I'm pretty sure we actually see Josephs ghost and I think Polnareff was pretty mangled by Dio as well.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

David swap Polnareff for a turtle during DIO's World.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

LvK posted:

The 7th Stand User has some happy endings though, maybe it's time to go play some more of that. :unsmith:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

The 7th Stand User has some happy endings though, maybe it's time to go play some more of that. :unsmith:

The dev had to patch in a new good ending later cause at release the only ending she'd put in where everyone lived was a bad ending lol

That game has endings out the wazoo, it's a shame only certain ones go into new game + though

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I heard Araki was a bonus boss. :allears:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I heard Araki was a bonus boss. :allears:

Oh god, could this be true?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DicktheCat posted:

Oh god, could this be true?

It's true, but he's hard enough that he's p much impossible, like, he isn't really meant to be fair and actively cheats and will admit to such and is only accessible in the debug room iirc.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Even in other people's media Araki just makes poo poo up.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
And he uses rohan's sprite

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

http://7thjojo.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Room posted:

Araki will attempt to debuff either one party member or the whole team (which has the chance of causing Fear/Confused), try and inflict Fear on the party, and spill either Indian ink, which hits the whole party and may inflict Darkness/CantFind/Bleeding status or white-out, which will attempt to 1HKO the whole party. He can also use Holy Sandstorm, hitting the whole team for high Wind damage and inflict Blowback/NoBreath/Bleeding. He may also slug someone with his right arm, which is practically a 1HKO due to dealing 900+ damage.

Periodically, he will summon Dio Brando, Cars, Kira, and Diavolo to heighten the difficulty. He will occasionally decide to revive them.
This sounds like the most bullshit overpowered secret boss I've ever seen in any video game. I approve.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

This is how you make a bonus boss. Has he been beaten?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
That sounds impossible to beat, I'm still trying to beat Dio in the betray him ending

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jesus Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXEX_VUI-E0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The video is beyond amazing, but the music isn't nearly up to that standard. :(

• Locked thread