Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I'm so loving hype for toon support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Toon is going to be the most annoying deck to play against though.

"Oh you're not playing lvl 4 toolbox and didn't draw MST? GG"

It's going to be so much fun. :haw:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wait, there's MORE toon support? Or is this just Kingdom and Cydra?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I feel guilty that I love this show and yet I absolutely can't understand the card game.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

While that video was an overkill, Sphere does have plenty of potential. Specially on today's meta where many decks can summon more than two monsters on the first turn.

Burnin Abyss are utterly boned against it for example.

EDIT:

Copycat/Mimicat
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate 1 “Mimicat” per turn.
(1) If you control “Toon World” and a Toon Monster: Target 1 card in your opponent’s Graveyard; if it is a monster, Special Summon it to your side of the field. If it is a Spell/Trap Card, Set it to your side of the field.

:aaa:

The biggest problem with Toons isn't anything more than Toon Kingdom not being supported well enough. Card Guard/Field Barrier don't tend to it well enough, and toons need a better way of protecting it.

EDIT: Nevermind, Malefic Stardust Dragon exists.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

EDIT:

Copycat/Mimicat
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate 1 “Mimicat” per turn.
(1) If you control “Toon World” and a Toon Monster: Target 1 card in your opponent’s Graveyard; if it is a monster, Special Summon it to your side of the field. If it is a Spell/Trap Card, Set it to your side of the field.

:aaa:

YES! :allears: god this new toon support is everything I ever wanted and more.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

The biggest problem with Toons isn't anything more than Toon Kingdom not being supported well enough. Card Guard/Field Barrier don't tend to it well enough, and toons need a better way of protecting it.

EDIT: Nevermind, Malefic Stardust Dragon exists.

The biggest problem with Toons is that all their old monsters are bogged down by arbitrary restrictions and tribute summoning.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Playtesting Malefic Stardust Dragon in toons has made me realize that playing toons with it is making them not fun, but practical. Playing without it makes toons fun, but impractical.

Slur fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 17, 2015

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Regarding the Tag Team event tonight, depending on when I finish work I may prioritize FNM instead. Fair warning if I don't show by 6:30 or so.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm going to have to drop out of Neo Team Xyz. I've had some IRL stuff come up, so I probably won't be around when things get going.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

Dexie posted:

I'm going to have to drop out of Neo Team Xyz. I've had some IRL stuff come up, so I probably won't be around when things get going.

Its fine, ive had some stuff come up too, and it looks like old xyz is gonna be there. Ill try and make the tournament but Ill definitely be late .

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Quincytbb posted:

Its fine, ive had some stuff come up too, and it looks like old xyz is gonna be there. Ill try and make the tournament but Ill definitely be late .

Sorry Quincy.

We'll team back up and kick some rear end next time though!

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

Dexie posted:

Sorry Quincy.

We'll team back up and kick some rear end next time though!

Im looking forward to it!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Okay then so if everyone can file into the Steam chat so we can begin?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So, we have these things now:

http://ygorganization.com/ocg-cardo-updates/

New cards for the Igknights. They're not named Igknight, but they're meant to be used with the archetype.

I'll go ahead and warn you, this is going to be an angry rant, so feel free to ignore the rest of this post if you'd like.

I could rant all day about how terrible Igknights are. Let's ignore the fact that Igknights are one of the most degenerate, broken decks in the game already. Let's ignore the fact that Fire/Warrior is a super uncreative type of monster and that Konami could be doing so much more. No, let's focus on the fact that these two cards are Dragons. loving DRAGONS. Why? loving WHY?

I get it. They're knights with dragon powers and dragon armor. Whatever, that's fine. Uncreative, but fine. But why are they DRAGONS? Why are they not WYRMS? You made a new loving monster type, now actually USE it. DO SOMETHING with it. All you've done with the drat things is one mediocre archetype and some not too great support for them.

I mean, look at Psychics. Konami handled Psychics PERFECTLY. They had tons of awesome, non-archetypal cards straight from the start (in fact, we still don't have a true Psychic archetype), they were GOOD cards that were super splashable. They were meant to push Synchro Summoning, the new summoning type that was introduced when they were, and they had a pretty noticeable role in the anime.

Why haven't there been any Wyrms in Arc-V yet? Just one Wyrm user to help push the type and make it seem important. Why don't we have any Wyrm Pendulums (aside from the Zefra pair)? It's just...for gently caress's sake, Wyrms are already super redundant (seriously, Dragons and Wyrms are thematically the exact same thing, and making a new monster type when there's so many unsupported and unloved monster types already is insulting), but if they're going to be around, at least DO SOMETHING with them! :argh:

Alright, rant over. I just needed to get that out of my system. Fuckin' Konami, I swear.

SO! How did the tournament go?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Igknights are cool

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Igknights are super lame and break the game almost as much as Nekroz.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dexie posted:

But why are they DRAGONS? Why are they not WYRMS?

more dragon support during the time of the dragon rulers: a good idea

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

You mean those things that are banned now?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dexie posted:

You mean those things that are banned now?

alcharagia posted:

during the time of the dragon rulers

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
as in, "the reason wyrms exist was because giving dragons that much more support during the time of the dragon rulers is a bad idea"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

alcharagia posted:

as in, "the reason wyrms exist was because giving dragons that much more support during the time of the dragon rulers is a bad idea"

How about...not making any support for Dragons and then not making Wyrms, then? How about giving some attention to something that's not a Spellcaster/Fiend/Dragon/Warrior/Machine for once?

Reptiles, Insects, Pyros, and Rocks all say hi.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dexie posted:

How about...not making any support for Dragons and then not making Wyrms, then? How about giving some attention to something that's not a Spellcaster/Fiend/Dragon/Warrior/Machine for once?

Reptiles, Insects, Pyros, and Rocks all say hi.

I am giving you the reason, I'm no miracle worker.

Also: Gem-Knights.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Eh, true, I forgot Gem-Knights, but all their support is archetypal stuff. I'd love to see the undersupported monsters types get more attention in the form of generic type support.

The whole point is, anyway, that Wyrms are stupid and Konami has horribly mismanaged them so far.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Everyone forgot Thunder type. :saddowns:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Okay so obviously the tournament didn't continue today, and it can't happen tomorrow, so instead, we're going to try for the 23rd/24th in the coming week. okay?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Nyaa posted:

Thunders are in an okay place, which is why I didn't mention them. They have Recycling Batteries and Thunder Seahorse, both of which are amazing, Hunders are a solid rank 4/synchro 8 deck, and Thunder King Rai-Oh and Denko Sekka are two of the most powerful anti-meta monsters in the game. Watts and Batterymen are also both decent, mid-ranged archetypes.

Could they be better? Definitely. But as it stands, they're not a bad typing at all.

EDIT: One of my favorite Yugitubers, TheRJB0, loving loves Thunder monsters, and has an entire series of videos about the type. Some of it is a little outdated, but anyone who's interested in Thunder monsters should check him out. https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRJB0/search?query=rethinking+thunder

Vandar fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 18, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Nyaa posted:

What about the Divine Beast attribute? Come now, it's like Konami completely forgot about them!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Slur posted:

What about the Divine Beast attribute? Come now, it's like Konami completely forgot about them!

Its hilarious because you posted this during the one time when they actually got something new, even if it is just the Raball.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
where is the arcana force and neo spacian support?!?!?!?!?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

So, we have these things now:

http://ygorganization.com/ocg-cardo-updates/

New cards for the Igknights. They're not named Igknight, but they're meant to be used with the archetype.

It's amazing how there's not yet a single Igknight boss monster that has anything going for it that would motivate using it over the standard Infinity plus Lancer opening. They really did not think through the base-cards.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You guys should recommend Yugitubers I need some to watch now that Yugioh4realmen is apparently dead.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

Eh, true, I forgot Gem-Knights, but all their support is archetypal stuff. I'd love to see the undersupported monsters types get more attention in the form of generic type support.

The whole point is, anyway, that Wyrms are stupid and Konami has horribly mismanaged them so far.

Well, the Zexal-era packs had a bunch of support for rocks thrown in. Nothing gamebreaking or anything, but still able to synergize with previous rocks. Catapult zone, block golem and Attack the Moon spring to mind. Not to mention the Gogogo monsters and all the really good Koaki Meirus.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of, interesting video of a Dreadscythe OTK deck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRbIjg815vY

Honestly, I didn't even thought the card were playable

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

You guys should recommend Yugitubers I need some to watch now that Yugioh4realmen is apparently dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NT6X3GSakE
*Dude which has been adding all the new cards to YGOPRO Salvation at breakneck speeds, spends the rest of his time trying out absurd gimmick decks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKkrYUtKYM
*Tries out new archetypes, keeps track of the competitive scene and does cross format duels frequently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNO5j1MkV1w
*Trigger warning: AznEyes
** It cannot be emphasised enough how peak internet AznEyes is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-nHrSvi48I

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 18, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9dtNUzKtfY
I'd like to recommend this guy. Makes all kinds of decks, coded for how competitive he's making it.

quote:

--Deck code names--
"Style" these decks are made to be somewhat competitive and have no restrictions in their deck building.

"XTR" xtr = Extreme Theme. This deck follows a theme deck idea the the fullest, ie having no staple cards unless they fit the theme. Exception to this rule is 2 mst's because of skill drain being a real issue to playability on devpro.

"FADE" fade = FAil DEck. A deck made to not do so well. expect to see a lot of losses with these decks

"CD60" cd60 = 60 card deck, nothing much more to explain there. The only rule to these type of decks is to have 60 cards in the main deck.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9dtNUzKtfY
I'd like to recommend this guy. Makes all kinds of decks, coded for how competitive he's making it.

Whoa, this guy is even more fond of gimmick decks than I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MpaOvYpGW0

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So people who still haven't watched Zexal don't know how dumb this show got, apologies for the impact font it's the only image I could find

100000 attack, because you know, with 4000 LP that's necessary

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Onmi posted:

So people who still haven't watched Zexal don't know how dumb this show got, apologies for the impact font it's the only image I could find

So how'd they beat it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

Let me remind you that the Doma arc had a monster with infinite attack points. :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So how'd they beat it?

Raigeki in an anti-climactic twist.