Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

epitasis posted:

metroid is boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super Mario

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
Kirby Superstar

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

epitasis posted:

metroid is boring

I feel like you say these things just to hurt me.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Treebeh posted:

I just got Tropical Freeze for my Club Nintendo award and I'm kinda blown away at how awesome it is. The level design is about as creative and tight as it could possibly be for a 2D platformer and the environments are gorgeous. The music is consistently great too. Overall a must have game for the Wii U even if you're not into 2D platformers. I would love a 3D adventure style game though.

The viking Snowmads are a great addition to the game too. It's my second-favourite DKC game after DKC2.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

epitasis posted:

metroid is boring

it is not and Samus was raised by bird folk.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You know what would be cool instead of brand new open world zelda? Startropics 3.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Narcissus1916 posted:

Why do people who don't like OOT flock to Wind Waker? In my experience most of the 3d Zeldas play pretty similarly, with the exception of Skyword Sword.

majora's mask and wind waker have well-established style and heart

oot is like a big grey lump compared to them

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked the boss designs in OoT, tho Zelda boss design seems to suffer in general from "Here's another thing with a large eyeball, go attack it" so it's cool when they deviate from that

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Barinade and Twinrova were fun designs but it had about as many eyeball bosses as the rest, not counting Skyward Sword.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

BFC posted:

Barinade and Twinrova were fun designs but it had about as many eyeball bosses as the rest, not counting Skyward Sword.

Yea, Bongo Bongo rules but he's another eyeball boss. I like how the 3DS version of Majora's Mask turns all of the bosses into Eyeball bosses lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i played the mm3ds demo and baller ornate day clock was some bog standard progress bar

is it like that in the full game

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mario Kart reminded me that I wanted, "Yeah! Final Lap!" as my notification.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

oddium posted:

i played the mm3ds demo and baller ornate day clock was some bog standard progress bar

is it like that in the full game

Sadly, yes. It's still a fantastic port though.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
So if I've never played Mass Effect 3 and I don't have another way to play it, is it alright on the Wii U? I'm aware that the ending is dumb or controversial and that people who like video games are big babies who don't understand storytelling, so I just want to know if the gameplay is any good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it plays fine but you'd really be better playing it on PC/PS3/360 where you can get the whole trilogy. A lot of stuff carries over between games and you're kinda missing out if you start with 3

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Oh, I've played 1 and 2. I'd rather play 3 on my 360, but I have one of the old 360s and when I plugged the power box into a foreign outlet it exploded. Replacing it will cost me about as much as a new console, so I'm hesitant to do that when I have a Wii U. I know I won't be able to import any save data, but I figure it probably doesn't matter that much.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mass Effect 3 is kind of crummy even outside of the ending. A lot of that game is just boring and nonsensical, in fact I kind of regret ever playing it just 'cause it felt like a total waste of time.

Ironically the multiplayer is really awesome, but I cannot imagine a single person is playing that on the Wii U.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Don't play mass effect 3

Just don't do it

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Don't get the Wii U version, it's missing half the DLC, and the best parts of Mass Effect 3 are the DLC. They do have some DLC included but not the good ones (Leviathan and Citadel)

Just get it on PC, wait for a Steam sale and you can get the entire series + DLC for about the price of ME3 on WiiU.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Got ME3:SE for $6 when TRU was giving poo poo away last summer... Played it, liked it, zero regrets.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Treebeh posted:

Kirby Superstar

Hm?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
so in ten days time i get my wiiu. the NES was my last nintendo

can someone recommend me a zelda game for someone who is a complete non playing zelda chump?
ive only ever played Legend and that was on emulation.

i feel like i should own one of each major franchise to start with.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

link's awakening and majora's mask

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

VideoGames posted:

so in ten days time i get my wiiu. the NES was my last nintendo

can someone recommend me a zelda game for someone who is a complete non playing zelda chump?
ive only ever played Legend and that was on emulation.

i feel like i should own one of each major franchise to start with.

Play A Link to the Past. Immediately.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The guy was asking about ME3 on Wii U because that's the only system he has available to play the game. The port on the U is fine, the graphics look slightly better than on 360 supposedly. It's missing some DLC as was mentioned and obviously it's impossible to import previous game saves. On the other hand, you don't have to pay to play the multiplayer like on the 360 -- if anyone is playing these days however is another matter.

VideoGames posted:

Windwaker, which actually has a HD version on the U, instead of being an emulated game like other suggestions. It will also blow your mind on how beautiful it is.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

oddium posted:

link's awakening and majora's mask

Those aren't on Wii U, but A Link to the Past is.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
zelda opinion

also metroid opinion

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

elf help book posted:

you can play majora's mask on a gcn disk through nintendon't

checkmate much hehh

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
looks like its either Link to the past or windwaker.

also i will be getting metroid prime trilogy. that will be my first metroid and from the sounds its a good one

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Any of ya'll play affordable space program yet?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VideoGames posted:

also i will be getting metroid prime trilogy. that will be my first metroid and from the sounds its a good one

Play both. All 3 Metroid primes are also great.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Good decision making itt

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is the master sword like Thor's hammer and only he who be worth can pull it? If so, can Samus draw the master sword. Do she be worthy?

Can the master sword cut a Metroid, and could Link pilot a Chozo suit? If Samus and Link met, do you think they would have sex at each other? Zelda and Samus, would they have sex towards one another? Would it be hot?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

elf help book posted:

Well they technically are. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are on the Wii Shop Channel. The 3DS versions are probably worth getting instead though if you have the option.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
This seems like a good time for my monthly "I don't much care for Mario 64" post. Too vertical, too many ways to fall down. It's an admittedly revolutionary game that is frustrating to play. Mario doesn't handle like Mario and it's perfectly reasonable to hate this game while loving Mario games.

I'll still beat it someday though. Then I'll play OoT for the first time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My main problem with Mario 64 is I keep trying to hit the shoulder button to center the camera behind Mario. I have no idea why, I've played this game to 120 stars probably a dozen times

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

greatn posted:

Is the master sword like Thor's hammer and only he who be worth can pull it? If so, can Samus draw the master sword. Do she be worthy?

Can the master sword cut a Metroid, and could Link pilot a Chozo suit? If Samus and Link met, do you think they would have sex at each other? Zelda and Samus, would they have sex towards one another? Would it be hot?

Yes. No, in my opinion. She doesn't need it anyway.

Probably, and probably not. No. I wish, but they would probably be doing something more important. Yes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oddium posted:

majora's mask and wind waker have well-established style and heart

oot is like a big grey lump compared to them

LOL

*Praises Majora's Mask for having a well-established style*

*Shits on game it takes 98% of its assets directly from*

I know that they final 2% really made MM different and fantastic, but seriously OoT established the entire style of 3d zeldas and literally most of the artwork for MM. Yes, sequels are frequently improvements and refinements and so in many ways better, but making GBS threads on the original while praising the established style is lolworthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the new free roam zelda is going to be like sa2 in that you can play as link on the hero side and ganondorf (old man version) on the dark side (not evil)

ganondorf will use the master sword

• Locked thread