Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Roy Cats cut me an absurd deal and we hang out every once in awhile. There's a pretty high probability I'll buy most of my future vehicles from him. Plus the Lamborghini repair place is a part of his dealership.

and, really, the cat sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve

Elmnt80 posted:

What year is that? Everything I found listed it at 5k lbs.

'12-- hope i'm not misremembering but i am posting with a tiny baby in my arms

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

'12-- hope i'm not misremembering but i am posting with a tiny baby in my arms

Yeah, the '12 comes up as 5k lbs. The Avalanche is obviously the superior not-actually-a-truck-that-has-dumb-styling-features vehicle! :smug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Shined my thing. Roadtripping across the desert to Vegas tomorrow. :getin:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Darchangel posted:

It should have the Olds variant of the 215 aluminum V8 that became the Rover V8. Not the highest HP, but the car is relatively light. It's actually a variation of the Corvair chassis, if you can believe it.

Well, poo poo. The Pontiac chassis shouldn't be a problem (except, I'm pretty sure those are unibodies...), but the 301 is a crime. Just means you'll have to shove in an Olds 403, right?

Fake edit: Yep, unibody. Which means, if it's actually on a different chassis, that it's been hacked up. Sad.

Yeah I didn't even bother to check. That's just what the owner told me. I didn't buy it and it sold a few days later. It looked pretty badass (from a distance), but was to big of a mess for me to take on at the moment.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

El Scotch posted:

and, really, the cat sex.

Is it really as good as goat sex that I keep hearing about?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Haahaha, that loving plate.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I thought about buying a custom plate when I get the R but I don't need to give people an easier way to report my aggressive driving on an already easy to see car. But I guess with a Lambo there's not much mistaking it for a different one.

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

I thought about buying a custom plate when I get the R but I don't need to give people an easier way to report my aggressive driving on an already easy to see car. But I guess with a Lambo there's not much mistaking it for a different one.

You could get something topical like "MURDERU"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The only funny thing I could think of that's available in NY:

Its funny because I have an 8 cylinder. :thejoke:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

POKEMAN SAM posted:

You could get something topical like "MURDERU"

I was thinking MV OVR.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
My 06 350z

It has a carbon fiber intake with K&N filter, berk test pipes, megan racing y pipe, stock mid pipe and apexi N1 dual exhaust

also its lowered 1 1/2 inches in the back and 1 in the front

after i do headers and get a plenum spacer im gonna uprev tune it prob with a small shot

the apexi isnt on in the pic though, but it sounds so mean as is

Fallows fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 17, 2015

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Do a wheel slip

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve

Elmnt80 posted:

Yeah, the '12 comes up as 5k lbs. The Avalanche is obviously the superior not-actually-a-truck-that-has-dumb-styling-features vehicle! :smug:

Dang

not all hope is lost-- i think it'll still tow a ski boat which is all i need it to do

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Here's a 92 Japanese Luxobeater Supreme SC400.

It's impractical, inefficient, automatic, slower than a V6 Camry and handles about as well. But it's pretty and comfy awesome sounds come out of it.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 18, 2015

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

What he said.

They don't call them vanity plates for nothing.

But if I were to have one, clearly this is the one to have?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Tommychu posted:

It's impractical, inefficient, automatic, slower than a V6 Camry and handles about as well. But it's pretty and comfy awesome sounds come out of it.

Man, I love these things. Always have. :swoon:

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Tommychu posted:

I had a white 95 that looked identical and I miss the hell out of it. It was just so comfortable and unique, the ultimate freeway cruiser.

KillaZilla
Jan 30, 2003
The daily. It keeps me entertained enough but I'm on the hunt for a new weekender/project car.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Tommychu posted:

Very nice! The folks across the street from me have an SC400 with a hole in the exhaust. It sounds amazing.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

angryhampster posted:

Very nice! The folks across the street from me have an SC400 with a hole in the exhaust. It sounds amazing.

Yeah my OO swapped in headers and an X-pipe feeding the stock resonators and mufflers, it's just :kimchi:.
I'm not a huge fan of the fact that the OO de-catted when they did this since I kinda like polar bears, but I'll probably get a pair of those Magnaflow bullet cats once my budget allows.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KillaZilla posted:

The daily. It keeps me entertained enough but I'm on the hunt for a new weekender/project car.

I couldn't hear what you said over the sound of all the blood in my body rushing to my cock.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

KillaZilla posted:

Nice mate, done anything to it yet? Planning on throwing some time and parts at mine, always interesting to see what choices others make.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

masterpine posted:

Nice mate, done anything to it yet? Planning on throwing some time and parts at mine, always interesting to see what choices others make.

What year is that? Is 2017 still slated to be the last year for Holden? :(

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Tremek posted:

What year is that? Is 2017 still slated to be the last year for Holden? :(

That's a Gen-F, so sometime after 2013. 2017 still looks to be the end of the Commodore and thus the platform HSV uses. HSV have been making wink-wink-nod-nod comments regarding their future when asked about V8 rear wheel drive vehicles, who really knows what will come out of them going forward. If it's a hotted up front wheel drive Malibu I'll probably have to shoot myself.

I think a lot of where GM will go depends on how well the Mustang does down here. Ford are talking a big game about pre-orders. If Mustang sales start eating into Holdens performance vehicle margins, which they should, i would expect some sort of rear wheel coupe. Maybe that GM concept from a year or so ago that everyone in Oz started harking as the new Torana. More likely we see a global Camaro. Figure we'll know something by the end of the year.

masterpine fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 18, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Comrade Flynn posted:

Plates finally arrived.

sooooo is this your burnout or is the only burnout going to be the ECU in that motherfucker? :confused:

E: Mod challenge? Please??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

sooooo is this your burnout or is the only burnout going to be the ECU in that motherfucker? :confused:

E: Mod challenge? Please??

Sure, go ahead and paypal me the $10,000 a replacement clutch costs and I'll be happy to.

E: Can that be a mod challenge as well?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How about we meet in the middle and kickstarter you a set of 4 space saver spares.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I do not pay for the fuckups of others.

Don't buy poo poo that A. you can't drive, B. can't afford.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 19, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

I do not pay for the fuckups of others.

Don't buy poo poo that A. you can't drive, B. can't afford.

And here I thought keeping traction WAS knowing how to drive.

:thumbsup:

But please, I'm sure given that fleet of exotic vehicles you own you can give me some pointers.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 19, 2015

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Couldn't you just do some axis spins on the AWD? That shouldn't wear the clutch at all.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Comrade Flynn posted:

But please, I'm sure given that fleet of exotic vehicles you own you can give me some pointers.

Nice meltdown :newlol:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Comrade Flynn posted:

Guys, look, I'll be paying for this car for the rest of my life. I'm praying that nothing big or important breaks, so I can't really drive it. Here are some more pictures.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

The fleet:

I love my tiny cars.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

What's the little red thing? :3:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
a Hillman Imp he has a thread and its full of videos and pictures of all the adorable little parts it comes with.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

meatpimp posted:

Guys, look, I'll be paying for this car for the rest of my life. I'm praying that nothing big or important breaks, so I can't really drive it. Here are some more pictures.

How about we make a bet. If I can prove I can pay for ANOTHER Murci right now in cash you donate $100 to the charity of my choice. If not, vice versa.

Das Volk posted:

Couldn't you just do some axis spins on the AWD? That shouldn't wear the clutch at all.

Yeah but I'd have to find a place big enough that I wouldn't immediately get arrested. To please a bunch of internet shitheads.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 19, 2015

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Didn't you take out a 6 year loan or something on the one you have?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Comrade Flynn posted:

How about we make a bet. If I can prove I can pay for ANOTHER Murci right now in cash you donate $100 to the charity of my choice. If not, vice versa.

Yeah but I'd have to find a place big enough that I wouldn't immediately get arrested. To please a bunch of internet shitheads.

I'll take this bet if you'll stop pooping your pants about doing a burnout :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Comrade Flynn posted:

"Can pay for," i.e. "afford" is a nebulous term. In my definition, to be able to "afford" a car, you just go and purchase it, without asking a bank if it would please front you some cash. From what it sounds like, you have a term on your first one that exceeds some people's mortgage length.

Can you "afford" one?

Bape Culture posted:

I'll take this bet if you'll stop pooping your pants about doing a burnout :newlol:

That's all we were looking for, dude... just a nice burnout shot, not ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨MY BANK ACCOUNT¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨