Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Party Plane Jones posted:

My question is where the hell is the rest of the city civic structure while he's doing all this. Sure, the mayor is dead, but isn't there a chief of police or some city councilmen (Blood) or something like that to go "are you out of your mind?" every once in a while. Or is it just martial law and everything Lance says goes?

Oh, man, it's going to turn out that Lance really loves being a totalitarian boss and he's going to become Ra's al Ghul.

But he's going to make everyone call him Detective Ra's al Ghul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Actually it's Captain Ra's al Ghul now. :colbert:

I think Lance is gonna get canned before the end of the season. The visit from his buddy in the other precinct was strongly hinting towards that.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

mythicknight posted:

I see Roy's flips in an entire new light after watching Daredevil

Yeah i hope that if anything, CW takes a look at Daredevil and puts a bit more into the fight scenes so they're not as "break dancy" as they have been for a while. I know they can't and wont go to the dirty arm breaking levels of daredevil but they could get a bit more Banlieue 13 at least.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I thought Thea's fight was pretty okay for what it was. Then I kept wondering why she didn't just jump out of the window like last time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Krad posted:

I thought Thea's fight was pretty okay for what it was. Then I kept wondering why she didn't just jump out of the window like last time.

It's thematically consistent. She's said over and over she wouldn't run from Ra's or the league. She took that all the way to her (first) grave.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krad posted:

She wasn't wearing her parachute pants this time.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Party Plane Jones posted:

My question is where the hell is the rest of the city civic structure while he's doing all this. Sure, the mayor is dead, but isn't there a chief of police or some city councilmen (Blood) or something like that to go "are you out of your mind?" every once in a while. Or is it just martial law and everything Lance says goes?

I am the Demon's Hand, and I am the right choice for this city. Vote Oliver Queen for Mayor.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

AbsolutelySane posted:

Iris doesn't know, but I've told
half of Central City,

Dr. Wells killed my Mom,
but he still knows my identity,

I've told Eddie and Joe,
But Iris doesn't know

(Don't tell Iris)
Iris doesn't know,
Iris doesn't know.

This is great.

Also I'm glad that it's Thea who will probably end up in the Lazarus Pit because that idea about Sarah being the one revived was getting pretty gruesome since she died in episode 2.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

She wasn't wearing her parachute pants this time.

And her stomach was covered, rendering her powers useless.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Slowpoke! posted:

This is great.

Also I'm glad that it's Thea who will probably end up in the Lazarus Pit because that idea about Sarah being the one revived was getting pretty gruesome since she died in episode 2.

Well Caity Lotz is going to be in the team-up spin off in some fashion, so nothing is certain.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Deathstroke and Waller aren't off the table

quote:

"I haven't been informed that [Deathstroke] is off the table," Guggenheim said. "We have Slade Wilson ideas and we talk about it. I know that Manu is shooting another TV series in New Zealand, so there's some practical things but he's not off the table, at least as far as I'm aware."

"Amanda's not off the table either," the producer explained. "Cynthia's wonderful; she's a great actress. The challenge that we had with her this season is that she was first on a series called Texas Rising and then when that finished she was on a movie called The Accountant, and Arrow was always in second position because she's not a series regular. So you probably felt us working around her availability. But we love her and we have a story idea for her for Season Four and anything is possible."

Okay then.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Barry running into Slade's katana is still on the table!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
I will forgive all of Flash's flaws if they have Slade knock on Iris' door, tell her Barry is the Flash, and leave.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

Barry running into Slade's katana is still on the table!

I am starting to get sick of the Batmanning of villians and super heroes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Whizbang posted:

I will forgive all of Flash's flaws if they have Slade Cold knock on Iris' door, tell her Barry is the Flash, and leave.

To be fair, for me, it's more like

Whizbang posted:

I will forgive all of Flash's flaws if they have Cold.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am starting to get sick of the Batmanning of villians and super heroes.

But that has happened before in the comics (from a awful storyline).

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
^ After the bee incident, I can easily see that happening to Barry. Without the explosives, too!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Guys, he was like totally surrounded by all those bees. Where was he supposed to go?!

yeah still pretty dumb

edit: damnit the Flash and Arrow thread either need to be the same thread or we need to do something about all this bleeding over between them.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 19, 2015

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Whizbang posted:

I will forgive all of Flash's flaws if they have Slade knock on Iris' door, tell her Barry is the Flash, and leave.

*mic drop*

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I like to imagine Slade just strolls down the street revealing secrets to everyone. "She's cheating on you." "He took a bribe to promote someone else." "Santa Claus is your parents."

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I like to imagine Slade just strolls down the street revealing secrets to everyone. "She's cheating on you." "He took a bribe to promote someone else." "Santa Claus is your parents."

Nah he just mans a Pepsi Challenge kiosk and yells "CHOOOOSE" all day.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I want to see the Flash "crawl" fast one time. I mean... If he can run x-thousand times faster than a normal man, can he do a military belly-crawl x-thousand times faster than a normal man?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I wanna see the Flash do the Worm!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rirse posted:

But that has happened before in the comics (from a awful storyline).

and it's still pretty loving stupid. But I just hate characters like that, it's my thing, I will deal with it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't understand, why doesn't he just duck around the sword which would look like a stationary object to him

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't understand, why doesn't he just duck around the sword which would look like a stationary object to him
Sladeforce.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

X-posting from the BSS TV thread because this just popped up on my facebook feed. Also because it's Flash and Arrow relevant.

Scyantific posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUHu0u9QTpA

Flash Dad reveals the title of the spinoff.

Legends

I really hope this equates to something out of Secret Origins

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Scyantific posted:

X-posting from the BSS TV thread because this just popped up on my facebook feed. Also because it's Flash and Arrow relevant.

Did he just confirm that Supergil will be connected to the Arrowverse? :stare:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Krad posted:

Did he just confirm that Supergil will be connected to the Arrowverse? :stare:

No. Also TNT might have something to say about them calling their show Legends.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Hawkgirl series. Legends.... Of The Hidden Temple.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Narcissus1916 posted:

Hawkgirl series. Legends.... Of The Hidden Temple.

To become Ra's al Ghul, Oliver must successfully clear the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, then climb that radical rock.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's only three pieces, but Ollie can't do it until he has a flashback where an Asian woman says "now I teach you how to put a monkey together"

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Whizbang posted:

To become Ra's al Ghul, Oliver must successfully clear the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, then climb that radical rock.

That's GUTS though.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

greatn posted:

It's only three pieces, but Ollie can't do it until he has a flashback where an Asian woman says "now I teach you how to put a monkey together"

:golfclap:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Can we back up and talk about Supergil because that's a pretty awesome typo.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Xtanstic posted:

Nah he just mans a Pepsi Challenge kiosk and yells "CHOOOOSE" all day.

I would kill to see someone edit something like this together.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Chokes McGee posted:

Can we back up and talk about Supergil because that's a pretty awesome typo.

Supergill, the guy who lives in the Marianas Trench

Supergrill, George Foreman after being doused in radioactive grease

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:MAJOR spoilers regarding the season finale:siren:

Nyssa going back to Starling for Sara makes sense if they're going to keep her character for the spinoff. Also I want to guess that Shrieve has something to do with season 4 as well.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Season 4 Brainiac kidnaps the Arrow and he spends the entire season in Kandor. The flashbacks to five years ago feature him being kidnapped by Mongol where he must survive War World. Lobo features heavily both in the flashback and the present day. The bad news is the Arrow version of Lobo is just a human biker. The good news is it's John Goodman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

greatn posted:

Season 4 Brainiac kidnaps the Arrow and he spends the entire season in Kandor. The flashbacks to five years ago feature him being kidnapped by Mongol where he must survive War World. Lobo features heavily both in the flashback and the present day. The bad news is the Arrow version of Lobo is just a human biker. The good news is it's John Goodman.

WEll poo poo, I just got wood.

• Locked thread