Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea those were factored somewhat. Park definitely. To be less vague im specifically choosing between Hector Santiago (angels) Home against TX and OAK or Anthony DeSclafani (reds) @Milwaukee, home against Cubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i factor in how the opposing team performs versus the handedness of pitcher, probably more than anything else

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
CUT KRIS BRYANT ITS ALL OVER*

*this post is only because I have a goon league

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I don't know how to deal with injuries in a normal size league since I'll I've played in before are ultra-small or ultra-huge leagues. What do I do about Reyes if I have no backup SS? Drop someone like Polanco or AJ Pollock to add someone on the caliber of Erick Aybar or Asdrubal Cabrera? Or just ride it out with an empty slot for a week?

And yes, I probably should've had a backup SS already if I was gonna own Reyes.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

h2h or roto?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Abel Wingnut posted:

i factor in how the opposing team performs versus the handedness of pitcher, probably more than anything else

oooo never thought of that. Thanks for the tip :)

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
KC is really good

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Picked up A-rod last night in one of my leagues.

2 dingers tonight. :smug:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Donaldson woke up with two as well

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

the_american_dream posted:

Donaldson woke up with two as well

And Russell Martin. And I have all three of them on the same team. :flashfap:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
While you guys are enjoying the offensive fireworks, my cobbled together pitching staff is lighting it up. Granted, I paid for two good closers, but the rest of my pitchers were taken late or picked up as FA.

I love RP wins in leagues with innings limits.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 18, 2015

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Drew Hutchison is loving killing me. 12k/9 but a 7.11/ERA.

IS HE GOOD OR BAD

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

blarzgh posted:

Drew Hutchison is loving killing me. 12k/9 but a 7.11/ERA.

IS HE GOOD OR BAD

CAN IT BE BOTH?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
People laughed when I threw down 69 smackers for the Millville Meteor (the next two highest priced players were Stanton and Cabrera for 54 dollaroos), but I am happy with my investment. Last night, he and Donaldson provided me with two homers each.

Also, that preseason Andrus for Archer deal is looking great right now. If I had another worthwhile starting pitcher, I'd be set (tbf Shoemaker has given up runs but he's been great in every other category).

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

JackssWastedLife posted:

CAN IT BE BOTH?

Yes

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Speaking of two homer games, Stephen Vogt is now catcher eligible on ESPN.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Abel Wingnut posted:

h2h or roto?

H2H. I dunno if a week of a mediocre SS is worth dropping one of my bench OF.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i wouldn't

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Moneyball posted:

Yessss him and semien (3b 2b ss) are my targets

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

coronaball posted:

H2H. I dunno if a week of a mediocre SS is worth dropping one of my bench OF.

who is on your DL? Post your roster.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anibal Sanchez :negative:

RKRGoat
Jun 20, 2003

Moneyball posted:

For me, it goes something like:

1. At least average pitcher
2. Weak opponent, offensively
3. Strength of pitcher's team/opposing pitcher (Wins are of course the hardest to predict)
4. Ballpark
5. League

I'm not going to start a bad pitcher regardless of the other factors, and only a few top tier pitchers vs a team like the Rockies.

I'd rather face a weaker overall lineup than a stronger lineup with a pitcher batting.

You forgot
0. In Colorado?

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

@CloserNews posted:

Royals announce that they've placed G. Holland on the 15-day DL with a strained pectoral. Wade Davis appears likely to close in his absence.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Are you loving kidding me? I've now got four guys on the DL in my dumb settings H2H points league that only has two DL slots.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Rand alPaul posted:

Anibal Sanchez :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Kris Bryant first career RBI :toot:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
In the middle of a sexy rear end comeback just need a good outing from Jesse Hahn and Cutch being Cutch :pray:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_american_dream posted:

In the middle of a sexy rear end comeback just need a good outing from Jesse Hahn and Cutch being Cutch :pray:

McCutchen starting to concern me.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Moneyball posted:

He's making the Yan Gomes injury pretty palatable!

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

Anyone have thoughts on dropping Ozuna for Devon Travis at this point? Even after Ozuna's okay night tonight, he has been absolutely killing me.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Dispersal posted:

Anyone have thoughts on dropping Ozuna for Devon Travis at this point? Even after Ozuna's okay night tonight, he has been absolutely killing me.

I would never drop a player ranked in the top-125 in the first month of the season, unless he's out for the year or something. As awesome as Travis has been, it's also only been two weeks.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Pick up Travis but don't drop Ozuna...

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Someone is interested in trading FOR my Steve Cishek, has offered Mat Latos. If my options were Latos, and possibly Alex Wood or Garret Richards (waiting to hear back on those two), who should I take?

e: He's offering any of Latos, Nathan Eovaldi or Mike Fiers.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 19, 2015

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I just traded away Shelby Miller and Starlin Castro for Brian Dozier and Sean Doolittle, who I will promptly chuck off my team for someone else

Castro was never going to be played and Dozier is still better than playing Daniel Murphy or whoever the gently caress else

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Is there any better way to check for rest days than MLB.com? I've lost like 20 points this week to benching players for someone who ended up not even starting. But my league locks lineups at the first game of the day, which is usually before the lineups for night games are in.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Mornacale posted:

Is there any better way to check for rest days than MLB.com? I've lost like 20 points this week to benching players for someone who ended up not even starting. But my league locks lineups at the first game of the day, which is usually before the lineups for night games are in.

Baseball Press is the best I've seen in terms of releasing the line ups early and also being accurate. Unfortunately for the night games a lot of times the lineups just aren't announced early enough to get them out there for a 1pm lock time.

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mornacale posted:

The reason you can't finds any info earlier is because there is no info. Line-ups don't have to be officially submitted until right before the game though teams will announce any major changes an hour or so before a game's start. If your league locks line-ups at the start of the day games then you're screwed.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Chief McHeath posted:

Someone is interested in trading FOR my Steve Cishek, has offered Mat Latos. If my options were Latos, and possibly Alex Wood or Garret Richards (waiting to hear back on those two), who should I take?

e: He's offering any of Latos, Nathan Eovaldi or Mike Fiers.

I really like Fiers this year, but he hasn't had a great start yet. Same goes for Latos. They are both, potentially, good buy low options, even if neither was particularly huge draft day buys.

On the other hand, you are selling Cishek a bit low, possibly. But, if you have other save options, then yeah, I'd go for either. Slight preference to Latos, but Fiers is fine, too.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I am about to start a 12-team AL-only auction where you can't cut your lovely pitchers (they can only be replaced with a DL trip or when they are demoted). Who has some good cheap SPs in mind? Need some like three dollar back end guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mornacale posted:

Honestly, Twitter is good. Baseball Press is very good as well but I just swapped Puig because of Twitter news.

• Locked thread