Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day (and probably every day for the next year or so), “I’m starting to worry that when Hillary Clinton travels, there’s gonna need to be two planes – one for her and her entourage, and one for her baggage.” ~ Rand Paul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

PhilippAchtel posted:

So if things were actually better 70 years ago, what does that have to do with Obama? He probably ate that same rectangle pizza when he was a kid.

Or he would have if he wasn't raised in Indonesia. :supaburn:

Obama ate samosas and rice, with some great sauces. He knows nothing about the experience of American school lunch.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day (and probably every day for the next year or so), “I’m starting to worry that when Hillary Clinton travels, there’s gonna need to be two planes – one for her and her entourage, and one for her baggage.” ~ Rand Paul

BUT I'M NOT A SEXIST!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

BUT I'M NOT A SEXIST!
He was probably referring to metaphorical baggage but yeah, that thought had occurred to me as well.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Makes you wonder why Republican candidates bother with private jets at all. They spout enough hot air to fuel a fleet of balloons.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

*polite but earnest applause*

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cythereal posted:

Makes you wonder why Republican candidates bother with private jets at all. They spout enough hot air to fuel a fleet of balloons.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Joementum posted:

I meditated on the teachings of Aqua Buddha and concluded that this seems like projecting to me.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Goes to show how out of control inflation is now.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

For all the bad that Atlas Shrugged has done for our 20th-21st century political discourse, it did introduce the comedy of the "Who is John Galt?" speech, and for that I can never fully hate Ayn Rand.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

PhilippAchtel posted:

For all the bad that Atlas Shrugged has done for our 20th-21st century political discourse, it did introduce the comedy of the "Who is John Galt?" speech, and for that I can never fully hate Ayn Rand.

I still remember the Who Is Barry Soetoro spoofs people posted to freedombook

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Is he like the Spirit of Christmas? Inside each and every one of us? :ohdear:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

Is he like the Spirit of Christmas? Inside each and every one of us? :ohdear:

No, he's like a xenomorph inside each and every one of us. :supaburn:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

A Winner is Jew posted:

No, he's like a xenomorph inside each and every one of us. :supaburn:

The free market is just waiting to pop through your chest and kill you.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I know I'm a real American because for the last week or so I kept thinking "I don't particularly like Hilary but I'm tempted to vote for her just to spite all the sexist assholes on the right".

Spite based voting. :patriot:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I know I'm a real American because for the last week or so I kept thinking "I don't particularly like Hilary but I'm tempted to vote for her just to spite all the sexist assholes on the right".

Spite based voting. :patriot:
Has anyone ever done a serious nationwide poll to find out how many people are spitevoting? I'm not sure how you could phrase the question that you would get accurate information though.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has anyone ever done a serious nationwide poll to find out how many people are spitevoting? I'm not sure how you could phrase the question that you would get accurate information though.

"When you vote, do you vote in order to encourage your chosen party, or to discourage the opposition party?"

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Samurai Sanders posted:

100%

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Hey americans think carefully about which opportunistic imperialist scumbag masquerading as a member of your interest group you’ll choose next to lead your country!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Anime Curator posted:

Hey americans think carefully about which opportunistic imperialist scumbag masquerading as a member of your interest group you’ll choose next to lead your country!

On the recommendation of littlehulkster I voted for a Stalinist who believes that the collapse of the Soviet Union is the largest humanitarian disaster in history

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

I went to school with the "official blimp videographer" from that blimp.

He was somehow even worse than you would expect based on that.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

The tehnical term is 'axe to grind.'

What you're asking is, how many Americans have an axe to grind? And the answer is, far, far too few.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

My Imaginary GF posted:

What you're asking is, how many Americans have an axe to grind? And the answer is, far, far too few.

Truly a travesty if people in the richest country in the world can't afford basic homesteading tools. A chicken in every pot and an axe in every woodshed, that's my campaign motto.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bonus quote of the day, "The next 20 months are going to be like a Hobbesian state of nature." ~ Ted Cruz

:kheldragar: :kheldragar: :kheldragar: :kheldragar: :kheldragar: :kheldragar:

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

We need to form a National Axe Association to protect Americans' crucial axe-holding rights.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Every American that isn't in the 1% has an axe to grind but they are constantly told by the media and politicians that it's already plenty sharp enough.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jackson Taus posted:

We need to form a National Axe Association to protect Americans' crucial axe-holding rights.

Maybe use this for the logo?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Woah, woah, this ain't the International Federation of Axe Grinders here

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PhilippAchtel posted:

How is it that, "I want to impliment a program that saves our local school board money, creates a number of skilled cook and kitchen positions for local residents, and improves the quality and nutrition of food for our children" is not a walk-off homerun domestic policy proposal?

Let me run this through my patented Freeper Translator....

So you want to spend my tax dollars hiring lazy public sector (probably union) bums to serve my kid arugula (aka "fag lettuce")? I had square pizza that was somehow both burned and frozen with a side of peaches in heavy corn syrup every day and I turned out fine, except for that coincidental Type II diabetes, statins, and beta blockers! Why are you liberals trying to tell me how to raise my kid?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the day, "The next 20 months are going to be like a Hobbesian state of nature." ~ Ted Cruz

"At least, if I have anything to say about it."

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
When exactly did schools stop actually cooking lunches? My grandmother used to be a lunch lady and they made the food at that point. But we're talking 40-50+ years ago. I never bought a school lunch growing up, but looking at it, I never wanted to because it was definitely the sort of processed garbage that we see now. That was in the 90's to early 2000's. This was in the same school district that my grandma worked at, so I assume that the drop off happened somewhere in the middle. But, I'm not sure where that would be.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Karnegal posted:

When exactly did schools stop actually cooking lunches? My grandmother used to be a lunch lady and they made the food at that point. But we're talking 40-50+ years ago. I never bought a school lunch growing up, but looking at it, I never wanted to because it was definitely the sort of processed garbage that we see now. That was in the 90's to early 2000's. This was in the same school district that my grandma worked at, so I assume that the drop off happened somewhere in the middle. But, I'm not sure where that would be.
If I remember right, the lunch ladies at my school said they made the bread (and they were very proud of their bread), but that was all.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Joementum posted:

:kheldragar: :kheldragar: :kheldragar: :kheldragar: :kheldragar: :kheldragar:
Wait, what is he saying.

Is he saying we will all die in 20 months, alone and unloved?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Wait, what is he saying.

Is he saying we will all die in 20 months, alone and unloved?

No he's saying the next 20 months are literally going to be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Karnegal posted:

What do you count as "cooking"? I mean a lot of schools "cook" just as much as a generic restaurant does, making large batches from partially prepared food.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Anime Curator posted:

this anime sucks, cowboy bebop was better

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Joementum posted:

Ah, yes, the Federation of Axe Grinders, Advertisers, Salesmen, and Scientists. A fine organization.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Nintendo Kid posted:

What do you count as "cooking"? I mean a lot of schools "cook" just as much as a generic restaurant does, making large batches from partially prepared food.

Well as my grandmother talks about it, during her years in the cafeteria food was cooked from scratch. Whereas when I was in school it seemed that food prep was largely heating.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Karnegal posted:

Well as my grandmother talks about it, during her years in the cafeteria food was cooked from scratch. Whereas when I was in school it seemed that food prep was largely heating.

Yeah but, define scratch. Like most people aren't going to, say, make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich by grinding down peanuts to make the peanut butter and baking the bread+slicing it themselves. Or take apart a bunch of chickens to seperate out breast meat, drumsticks, etc.

At my high school, the order list from SYSCO for the kitchens, according to the school board meeting I attended at least, was basically stuff that a normal person would use to make the same stuff rather then fully pre-cooked stuff you could just chuck into a heater. If you were just in the cafeteria line then like sure it was being pulled off a warmer, but that was just because they did the cooking while we had morning classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Amergin posted:

Thanks to Obama's immigration policy.

Touché.

• Locked thread