Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That's a Stürmer level caricature by mac right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mfcrocker posted:

Wowwww that Times one is heartless
I'm guessing it's supposed to be read as the EU being heartless, but it's easy to read it as a tasteless anti-migrant "go europe, gently caress them furrners!" message.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I love Ziggy.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mr. Squishy posted:

I love Ziggy.

Tbf steps 2-4 are pretty redundant.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why does Steve Bell's Cameron suddenly have hair on his head?

Also gently caress I love UK cartoons.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rand alPaul posted:

Why does Steve Bell's Cameron suddenly have hair on his head?

I think it's Cameron pretending to be a little Miliband for the election. Looks like he's back to bald In Friday's one, at least.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Nicola Sturgeon's offer to Ed Miliband – Scottish National party leader urges Labour to join together to keep David Cameron out of Downing Street"

Telegraph:

Times:

(Barnett formula)

Stephen Collins:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cloud Potato posted:

I think it's Cameron pretending to be a little Miliband for the election. Looks like he's back to bald In Friday's one, at least.

Yeah it's about the Tories trying to pander to the working class, and Ed got the condom because he's still trying to beat the right wing at their own game on a bunch of issues

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
I think Martin Rowson isn't trying anymore.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Nicola Sturgeon tries to tempt Ed Miliband into coalition – Labour leader declines to do deal with Scottish National party in televised debate" After Scott's Porage Oats.

Sunday Telegraph:

Election 2015: Conservatives plan Lloyds retail share offer After British Gas privatisation advert.

Independent on Sunday:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

If the SNP and Labour do a deal, David Cameron will be out of a job and will spend all his time relaxing in his garden. A Good Cartoon.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Stallone is ready for his mission

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Tory economic policy – Conservative party leaders play by Thatcher’s rules when it comes to its relationship with City bankers"

Telegraph:

Election 2015 Pollwatch: No breakthrough yet

Independent:

Times:

Cameron on foxhunting, fishing and countryside sports

Edit: :siren: Last day to register to vote! :siren:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 20, 2015

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Supeerme posted:

I think Martin Rowson isn't trying anymore.

I don't know, I rather like Dirty "Richard" Desmond riding Farag bareback.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Scottish National party – A bit like a new volcanic island whose molten rock can still be reshaped, the SNP under Nicola Sturgeon has adapted faster than others to the strange new environment of minority government"

Telegraph:

Election 2015: Sir John Major warns of Labour-SNP deal

Independent:

Mail:
Mac on... Nicola Sturgeon's boast that she can 'lead the UK'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on John Major and the general election – In a question-and-answer session with Tory activists – intended to focus on the threat posed by a possible Labour-SNP pact – John Major suggested that the party should show more spirit"

Telegraph:

Supervoid: Scientists just discovered an unexplained hole in the universe

Independent:

Yesterday's Times:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... NHS fat cats

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
At least the cartoonists seem to have finally remembered that Sturgeon is the leader of the SNP rather than Salmond (at least in theory)

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Also, all the bloody caricatures of Sturgeon in a kilt are making me think of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdY1Y5XNJBY

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

This is great, thanks for the link.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on 'weaponised Boris Johnson' – The Conservatives have deployed the London mayor to energise an otherwise ‘dreadful, risk averse and boring’ campaign"

Telegraph:

Cameron: Ukip voters can stop 'toxic’ SNP

Independent:

Election 2015: Grant Shapps denies Wikipedia claims

Mail:
Mac on.... the leader of the Conservatives

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Boris dropping all the Vote Tory flyers in the commotion in Mac's cartoon is a nice visual gag.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Grant Schapps looks like an older, fat-headed version of Jay from Half in the Bag.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Hang on, why is all the dropped shopping of the understandably besotted ladies stuffed with beer cans and half bottles of liquor? Its a nicely understated snipe at something, but I don't know what. They cant be feckless scroungers as I doubt they would get fizzy at the clopper over Tories. Are middle class plain women prone to a tipple that would require a stomach pump, or is that what us required to find Boris sexy?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Cans of beans, surely, standing in for Just Normal Shopping.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

why is mac a good cartoonist

he seems as though he should be too dumb to be a good cartoonist

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think political leanings are directly related to the ability to draw.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

He has a long-suffering undead Giles locked in a basement somewhere, kept alive by complex machinery and witchcraft. No longer understanding who he is or what he is doing, just drawing as Mac shouts down punchlines from upstairs, it's all he knows now in his hellish unending existence.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Conservative party's fresh cuts – Thinktank the IFS says the Tories have more explaining to do than other parties as their pledge to slash £30bn more from public spending is the most ambitious"

Telegraph:

David Cameron and Boris Johnson get their hands dirty on campaign trail

Independent:

Yesterday's Times:

Hole drilled by burglars at Hatton Garden revealed

Times:

Mediterranean migrants crisis: EU triples funding

Mail:
Mac on...the Hatton Garden heist

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Conservative policy on Europe – Business secretary Chuka Umunna says Cameron’s reaction to HSBC’s announcement that it is considering moving its HQ out of the UK shows an ‘irresponsible’ party policy on Europe"

Telegraph:

Miliband stands by claim over UK contribution to migrant crisis

Independent:

After JMW Turner.

Times:

Cameron 'bears some responsibility' for crisis in Libya, says Miliband

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"David Cameron has a nightmare vision - Chris Riddell on the Tory leader’s fears of an SNP surge"

Sunday Telegraph:

Election 2015: Ed Miliband insists 'no deal' with SNP, Poldark's 1st series finishes tonight. Possibly also related to #milifandom.

Independent on Sunday:

Greece: 'Big, big problems' for debt deal

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So glad that Riddell put "Tiny Shapps" on that one because I'd never have worked out it was a small Grant Shapps based on a combination of the size he'd drawn him and the quote and about editing Wikipedia.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"David Cameron has a nightmare vision - Chris Riddell on the Tory leader’s fears of an SNP surge"

Chris "One Cartoon" Riddell strikes again...

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

Chris "One Cartoon" Riddell strikes again...

To be fair, this one's less about nightmares and more about what cameron's in bed with.

Though someone should find a way to physically force him to stop using any words in his cartoons for the next year or so, it'd do him good.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
I think Shapps has been in every Riddell since the story broke.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the government and the Sunday Times rich list – The 1,000 wealthiest people in the UK are now worth £547bn, not counting what’s in their bank accounts, according to the latest Sunday Times Rich List"

Telegraph:

London Marathon: Thousands take part in biggest race

Independent:

Nicola Sturgeon: Miliband 'will have to change tune' on SNP

Times:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

That Telegraph one is actually pretty good, those are some nice simple caricatures.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Who's that at the left edge of the Telegraph marathon cartoon?

Love that Times cartoon.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Leanne Wood, presumably. The hair is vaguely similar, but it's mostly process of elimination.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Wolfsbane posted:

Leanne Wood, presumably. The hair is vaguely similar, but it's mostly process of elimination.

Also she's right at the back :ssh:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Cameron's election campaign to date – PM tries to display passion in response to critics who have described Tory campaign as managerial and dull"

Telegraph:

Boost for David Cameron as 5,000 small firms back Conservatives

Independent:

General Election 2015: David Cameron admits to 'brain fade' over football team blunder

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's economic record – Britain’s economic recovery slowed far more sharply than expected in the first quarter, dealing a major blow to the government’s track record on the economy."

Telegraph:

Independent:

Yesterday's Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Do Not Resuscitate orders and the upcoming election

'If Miliband's lot get elected we'd like to sign the "Do Not Resuscitate" forms'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... Do Not Resuscitate orders and the upcoming election

'If Miliband's lot get elected we'd like to sign the "Do Not Resuscitate" forms'

More older Mail readers killing themselves? A Mac cartoon I can support.

• Locked thread