Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

AndNowMax posted:

I listened to that Adam Carolla/Ted Cruz interview. He championed the flat tax as being a "populist" policy because it would force the rich to pay their fair share, but when pressed on specifics about how a flat tax would work he admitted they hadn't come up with a specific plan or number. Cruz is very good in debates and he's at his best when going after people, but man is he a lightweight when it comes to policy.

Done in by Adam Carolla? Maybe he won't be that fun to watch after all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*

site posted:

Done in by Adam Carolla? Maybe he won't be that fun to watch after all...

Ha nah, it was a softball interview where Adam ranted about how hard it was to put a pool in your backyard and this was just another example of government strangling small business. At the end Adam just asked "hey I keep hearing about this flat tax, how would that work anyways?" And Cruz responded with a heavy sigh and said they "have laid out broad principles but haven't yet rolled out a specific tax plan." Then went back to talking about the evils of government.

He'll still be a lot of fun because attacking is his strong suit, but he did praise Jeb's time as governor. Between that and the letter he sent to House Republicans asking for support it sounds like he's trying to be a little less alienating.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
They're all policy lightweights. Even Gingrich was a lightweight when it came to actually implementing policies, and he might as well be James K. Polk compared to Cruz.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

SedanChair posted:

Even Gingrich was a lightweight when it came to actually implementing policies, and he might as well be James K. Polk compared to Cruz.

As someone who only knows that Polk "was a president," what more do I need to know to get this reference?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Malloreon posted:

As someone who only knows that Polk "was a president," what more do I need to know to get this reference?

He got us the Pacific Northwest and the Mexican Cession.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Malloreon posted:

Polk was the last kickass president before the Civil War. He was infamous for putting forth a 10 item agenda and getting 15 things done.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

bartlebyshop posted:

Polk was the last kickass president before the Civil War. He was infamous for putting forth a 10 item agenda and getting 15 things done.

Also, making GBS threads himself to death.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Malloreon posted:

James K. Polk set out clearly defined goals for his administration and promised to serve only one term. And he actually did.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

When my wife was pregnant, "James Knox" was on the short list for boy names.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

AndNowMax posted:

I listened to that Adam Carolla/Ted Cruz interview. He championed the flat tax as being a "populist" policy because it would force the rich to pay their fair share, but when pressed on specifics about how a flat tax would work he admitted they hadn't come up with a specific plan or number. Cruz is very good in debates and he's at his best when going after people, but man is he a lightweight when it comes to policy.

Does Cruz think the rich aren't paying their fair share? :allears:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Yeah, Little Hickory was the best. Fifty-four forty or fight, motherfuckers.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Malloreon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9SvJMZs5Rs

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Malloreon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTiCU_fqCg

e: crap, too slow

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

bartlebyshop posted:

I hope he haunted the hell out of whoever picked this text for the statue.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Malloreon posted:

He knew how to handle Congress as President, and showed them the error of their ways when they opposed his expansions of US territory.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*

ohgodwhat posted:

Yeah. Looks like the new line isn't "corporations are job-creators," it's "corporations are evil, and Big Government is what gives them their power."

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
If he's so great, why is there still a "British" Columbia?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ohgodwhat posted:

The new attempt at outreach this cycle is trying to be the populist party of the poor and downtrodden. They're doing this without changing a single one of their policies, or attacks on their opponents. Its going as well as you'd expect.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Fulchrum posted:

The new attempt at outreach this cycle is trying to be the populist party of the poor and downtrodden. They're doing this without changing a single one of their policies, or attacks on their opponents. Its going as well as you'd expect.

To be fair, based on Hillary's recent remarks, the democrats might be trying the same thing :v:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cantorsdust posted:

To be fair, based on Hillary's recent remarks, the democrats might be trying the same thing :v:

Democrats didn't run a campaign in 2012 that was staring at a homeless man on the street, picking him up, and screaming "gently caress YOU!" in his face for 18 months. They can at least pretend they haven't been the enemies of the poor for decades.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

PupsOfWar posted:

Choose, Rand Paul

This is the correct choice, by the way.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TLM3101 posted:

This is the correct choice, by the way.

You need better resolution on your monitor, that's not a bottle of Bullitt Co. or Four Roses

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
the whiskey of the proletariat is Evan Williams Black Label

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

PupsOfWar posted:

Expose carpetbaggers by forcing them to drink the traditional booze of their states.

Poor Ted Cruz, both Labatts and Molson are horrible.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Daduzi posted:

Poor Ted Cruz, both Labatts and Molson are horrible.

is there a cool Canadian drink I'm unaware of? Like most Canadian whisky owes their market share to Prohibition. Rumple Minze doesn't count, it's just produced for the US there.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

mooyashi posted:

Johnnie Worker :colbert:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

mooyashi posted:

Still under $20/handle in Florida, this is my choice.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

You need better resolution on your monitor, that's not a bottle of Bullitt Co. or Four Roses

Four roses is swill

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Elijah Craig is superior to four roses in every conceivable way

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

mooyashi posted:

This man knows whats up. I got one of these and an Evan Williams Honey Whiskey as well.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
The whiskey of the proletariat is you look on the bottom shelf, look at the price tag and hope that there is another shelf, under the ground.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bulleit is good tho

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SedanChair posted:

The whiskey of the proletariat is you look on the bottom shelf, look at the price tag and hope that there is another shelf, under the ground.

Actually...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg7B_WfY4SM

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT BOOOZE!!!!

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Fulchrum posted:

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT BOOOZE!!!!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Bulleit is good tho

I love me some Bulleit but Bastille is a treat and a half.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why are you dipshits talking about booze

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Orkin Mang posted:

why are you dipshits talking about booze

Because no matter who wins we'd best get familiar with it.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Drink it up, schlubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bob James posted:

Drink it up, schlubs.

All I see are three bottles of rebranded Thunderbird. Booker's is the bourbon to drink.

• Locked thread