Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

Guys how do I not suck? Kirby's been my main for years, but I'm not really feeling him anymore. I never use the copy ability to begin with, and people bitch when I pick him anyway. I've been having luck with Ness, Samus, ZS Samus, Marth/Lucina, Robin, and Mewtwo. My grabs either don't go far enough, or the opponent dodges behind me as I grab, any attack where I run and then hit a or left or right on the c-stick tends to go right past them, I'm never able to successfully juggle without getting hit, I have a hard time ending a juggle unless I use ZS' downward kick, I find standard attacks often hitting short, I'm not sure how knocked-down I-frames work, and I have no earthly idea how to deal with either Link's barrage.
Kirby is really good, his down air is ridiculous. Here's a video demonstrating Kirby's abilities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXdGaZMX328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I just found out that you can press R in menus to confirm and L to cancel.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Well this is a whoopsie.

Not only is there music related to the upcoming Dreamland 64 stage for the 3DS inside the update, the game itself will think it already has the stage installed when you try and battle a Kirby series fighter in Classic and try and load either the Game Boy Kirby stage or this one that it doesn't actually have yet and defaults to Battlefield.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope Wii U gets that stage too. Has the Wii U version been data mined yet too?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Dream Land 64 is cool and all but I wish we could get Fountain of Dreams back. That was my absolute favorite stage in Melee.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fountain may pop up on the Wii U, but I think the reflective surfaces caused slowdown in 3+ player matches on Melee, so it likely won't get added to the 3DS.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rorus Raz posted:

Fountain may pop up on the Wii U, but I think the reflective surfaces caused slowdown in 3+ player matches on Melee, so it likely won't get added to the 3DS.
Yeah, the reflections are a second copy of the character model being rendered, 3DS can't handle that.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i mean, they could just not have them reflect

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

sharrrk posted:

if there aren't reflections in the water then i dont know why you'd want the stage at all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah, the reflections are a second copy of the character model being rendered, 3DS can't handle that.

why are her eyes open in the reflection

it's the illuminati

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

it's the illuminati

shes awake in her dreams

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

it's the illuminati
I know like jack poo poo about this stuff, but apparently real-time reflective surfaces in video games is Hard to Do, so in most cases they just create a second character model that mirrors your actions. As soon with jigglypuff, it's not a perfect 1:1 replication.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Do you get softbanned from online if you turn off your Wii U in the online menus, but not in a game? I'm stuck in the "Please wait..." prompt while connecting to online, and it won't do anything. I have no idea why, and the turning off the system is the only thing I can guess.
I couldn't connect to online when Mewtwo first came out, as well, and couldn't for a few days. I have no idea why.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

sharrrk posted:

Or they could save the stage for the version worth a poo poo. Save the awful stages for the 3DS. Like New Pork City.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Or they could save the stage for the version worth a poo poo. Save the awful stages for the 3DS. Like New Pork City.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it's hosed up that new pork isn't in imo it would be good for 8 players

bigger than temple, smaller than palutena's temple. ultimate chimera. The Right Stage For That Mode

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Yeah, or give both versions the same stages or something. No reason to give good stages to a version no one plays.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

absolutely anything posted:

it's hosed up that new pork isn't in imo it would be good for 8 players
really big stages like new pork aren't even good for 8 players though. you always end up spending too much time running after some fucker who just wants to run around and grab items/projectile and if you're playing stock(who even plays time??) it turns into less than 8 players after not very long

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

It's good to see that for glory is still full of people who think they're hot poo poo because they have the capability to play Little Mac, a character that thrives on a big, straight platform, on Final Destination.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

It's good to see that for glory is still full of people who think they're hot poo poo because they have the capability to play Little Mac, a character that thrives on a big, straight platform, on Final Destination.

They're the best because they always let you throw them off the stage and forward-air them out of recovery range

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

Just going to quote the TL;DR:

quote:

NEW INFORMATION: 5 additional “Mario” was added to the character database. 3 of them will probably be used for Lucas, Roy and Ryu. The other 2 are currently unknown.

Ryu from Street Fighter and Roy are very likely going to be DLC in Smash 4.
Their numbers indicate that they were started along with Lucas, possibly even with Mewtwo.

There’s additional stages incoming (up to 7). One of which is possibly a Kirby stage due to the number of new Kirby songs that were included. Possibly Dreamland from Super Smash 64.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Sounds good to me

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I think I'm the only person who wants more stages than characters. Pulling for an old school Mushroom Kingdom appearance to make its way in.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Sire Oblivion posted:

Yeah, or give both versions the same stages or something. No reason to give good stages to a version no one plays.

Poor Wii U Smash. Doomed to forever be in the shadow of it's handheld sibling.

(I have seen people play 3DS Smash, and play it myself, but the only other person I know who owns a Wii U and Smash Bros didn't play it during the three months since I last visited him.)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

gifs

http://i.imgur.com/5bWduMX.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/nkN9ofy.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/xiI373a.gifv

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lol Nice

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

one more

http://i.imgur.com/94eEAYL.gifv

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

for reference, this level is called ButtCANNON

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

If this ends up being true, Roy coming back before Wolf is a tragedy

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Roy coming back at all is a tragedy more like. Especially before King K. Rool.

Melee fans are the worst sometimes.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Yeah the last thing Smash needs is more boring humans.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Roy would be cool if they made his moveset unique but everyone would probably prefer a new character rather than just cramming in a bunch of nerds that got dropped in the sequel. And Wolf depending on who you ask.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I played as Roy back in the day, but Ike handily takes over his slot (and further moves him away from Marth's moveset).

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Dizz posted:

Yeah the last thing Smash needs is more boring humans.

All the game actually ever needed was Dr. Mario, and we got him on the first try. I don't see why they would bother to add more characters. :colbert:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The reasons to bring Roy back are

1. He takes way less effort to add than basically any other character in the series.

2. A lot of people are asking for him.

It's easy money and you make the Melee/Project M guys happy about the new game including the stuff they liked in older ones. Roy's a clone character, so them making him is something they can throw together in like a sixth of the time it would take to make someone new. And still charge full price for. Lucas is kind of the same way, but he's got a lot more unique about him than Roy has ever had.

A good filler DLC guy to pad out time until they can get some of the poll result characters made.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The problem with Roy compared to every other clone character except Pichu is that Roy never belonged in the first place.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

pichu belonged

pichu was great

bring back pichu

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Do we really need two clones of the same character.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

No, which is why I support cutting Luigi from this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kelp Plankton posted:

The reasons to bring Roy back are

1. He takes way less effort to add than basically any other character in the series.

2. A lot of people are asking for him.

It's easy money and you make the Melee/Project M guys happy about the new game including the stuff they liked in older ones. Roy's a clone character, so them making him is something they can throw together in like a sixth of the time it would take to make someone new. And still charge full price for. Lucas is kind of the same way, but he's got a lot more unique about him than Roy has ever had.

A good filler DLC guy to pad out time until they can get some of the poll result characters made.

The reasons not to bring Roy back are

1. he's lame af

• Locked thread