Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

nuru posted:

Having a 35 mainhand at 44 when leveling isn't that unusual for most people. They upgrade when quests/drops give them items.

As for the WAR part, yeah, oof. Especially since unlike some other jobs (SCH), the first job quest is from inside the MRD guild.

Just doing your class quests gets you a level appropriate weap so not having war is a double fuckup. It's bad and they should feel bad.

Boten Anna posted:

I ordered a physical CE because I am a goddamned rube :v:

But I also ordered a digital CE for my wife because we really don't need two monstrous dragon figurines and making of DVDs. I kinda agree the digital rewards are not terribly exciting though.

Can't wait to be locked out of heavensward for a week because the SE store screwed up something spectacularly!

Man I want that silly dragon but I'm between jobs and can't really justify it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Meldonox posted:

Dang, I let my sub lapse just in time for the Golden Saucer because I was that token guy who didn't give a poo poo about it. Sounds like when I come back to get myself ready for Heavensward I might not have a quick and easy way to that sweet Setzer jacket. Welp.

You can play Indolent Imperial in Triple Triad for about 10k MGP an hour, and half-assing a TT tournament gets you around 20k MGP now (once every two weeks). The Gambler's Trenchcoat is 100k, and the other three pieces total up another 100k. You'll be fine.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Just doing your class quests gets you a level appropriate weap so not having war is a double fuckup. It's bad and they should feel bad.

Job quests don't give gear after 30, do they? I thought it was just skills after that...

Not that being a level 44 mrd is defensible in any way, but I can understand being lazy about the weapon.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ainsley McTree posted:

Job quests don't give gear after 30, do they? I thought it was just skills after that...

Not that being a level 44 mrd is defensible in any way, but I can understand being lazy about the weapon.

Yeah, only class quests give equipment, besides the relic gear at 45 and 50. But you get weapons and armor from doing story and sidequests, so he must have been skipping those too. It's hard to imagine playing the game that way, especially without the armory bonus....

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Ainsley McTree posted:

I dunno, it's been a while tbh but I was pretty sure you keep getting weapons.

Fakeedit: I checked the thing and I'm wrong. It's still bad.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Are Lala's suppose to be considered people?

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

No. We are your gods.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

No, they are evil potatos.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

lala-murdering horde mode for 3.0 please

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.
no dont

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Lalas are gods of having sword oath on for 3 different Akh Morns gently caress YOU FENRA

E I MEANT SWORD OATH

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 19, 2015

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I'm starting to get sick of this poo poo.

It's as if I have to level a white mage to gear my black mage.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER

Doublestep posted:

Lalas are gods of having sword oath on for 3 different Akh Morns gently caress YOU FENRA

E I MEANT SWORD OATH

And it worked anyways because Lalas own; Bow down before your new masters. Power of the spud.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
One of these days I'm going to not adlo you both and you'll see the true God

Fantasia God

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Farking Bastage posted:

17 minutes? You're only halfway there!

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

Farking Bastage posted:

I did this for my DRG 'main'. Turns out WHM is actually really fun and easy! Plus instant queues.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Opioid posted:

I did this for my DRG 'main'. Turns out WHM is actually really fun and easy! Plus instant queues.

Yeah deciding to try tanking was the best choice I made; instant queues, the play style is more interesting and it's secretly easier to do than dps half the time.

I still get nervous every time I use duty finder because it requires you to trust your healer but I really haven't had many bad experiences with it yet. It only really gets annoying in crystal tower because you actually have to coordinate re: who's the MT. Usually someone wants it but every now and then it's just like "no no, you can do it"

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah deciding to try tanking was the best choice I made; instant queues, the play style is more interesting and it's secretly easier to do than dps half the time.

I still get nervous every time I use duty finder because it requires you to trust your healer but I really haven't had many bad experiences with it yet. It only really gets annoying in crystal tower because you actually have to coordinate re: who's the MT. Usually someone wants it but every now and then it's just like "no no, you can do it"

I enjoy when nobody talks but everybody wants to do it, so the bosses spin around a lot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Or you can run in there with full strength accessories and a 135 weapon and just tank it whenever you want because no one can pull hate from you.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
What's the fastest way to farm GC seals? I'd like to become a 2nd Lieutenant before I hit 50 but I think that requires a significant amount of seals. I have like 80k maelstrom seals but I changed GCs so I have to collect them all again.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thumbtacks posted:

What's the fastest way to farm GC seals? I'd like to become a 2nd Lieutenant before I hit 50 but I think that requires a significant amount of seals. I have like 80k maelstrom seals but I changed GCs so I have to collect them all again.

Expert delivery of all that dungeon and treasure chest junk you've probably been amassing.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

You're wrong. Class quests will give you a weapon, job quests will not (aside from relic). The original post said the not-WAR had a level 35 mainhand and the last class quest is at 30 (gives a http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Spiked_Steel_Labrys). This player in question actually upgraded their weapon at least once since their MRD quests had ended.

nuru fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 20, 2015

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

Do your daily DoH/DoL turn ins, HQ.

If you have a healer class, queue that for the hunting log.

Once you've reached the point where you can dump green/pink/blue gear, shove it down their throats.

Good luck on Aurum loving Vale.

e:fb

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Iron Tusk posted:

Expert delivery of all that dungeon and treasure chest junk you've probably been amassing.

I tried to do an expert delivery but it said they weren't accepting any deliveries or something. oops jk i'm not a high enough rank to do it apparently

hey i have a lore question, i'm sure some of you paid attention. why is it that once we started loving around in the coil, bahamut started regenerating like crazy? was it something we did, or was it just a coincidence that he started rapidly regenerating when we started poking around?

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

hey i have a lore question, i'm sure some of you paid attention. why is it that once we started loving around in the coil, bahamut started regenerating like crazy? was it something we did, or was it just a coincidence that he started rapidly regenerating when we started poking around?

The fragments of Dalamud, Bahamut's containment device, sought out Bahamut's heart underground according to their programming, found it, and started to regenerate him.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

I tried to do an expert delivery but it said they weren't accepting any deliveries or something. oops jk i'm not a high enough rank to do it apparently

You have to get at least a certain rank in the GC to do expert deliveries. I forget how far exactly, though.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Virulence posted:

The fragments of Dalamud, Bahamut's containment device, sought out Bahamut's heart underground according to their programming, found it, and started to regenerate him.

I think the question is more why, if in all the time between the Calamity and Binding Coil only got most of his head back, did the time between Binding Coil and Final Coil get so very much more of him?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

kafziel posted:

I think the question is more why, if in all the time between the Calamity and Binding Coil only got most of his head back, did the time between Binding Coil and Final Coil get so very much more of him?

narrative convenience.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

please fix goldsmith butts

Stufoo
May 9, 2010

Everybody Loves Me
and that's just about as funky as I can be

kafziel posted:

You'd take it as if the roar that happens during the initial credits post-praetorium is the beginning of the regeneration, when it activated those lasers and started to rebuild him. If you watch the Flames of Truth, his head is never really missing, it was always attached to his heart/core. The rest of the time was dalamud rebuilding itself, not bahamut, and digging through the ground to find him (and he may or may not have even been present for those five years, like the Warrior of Light). Dalamud did get pretty blowed up and used as shrapnel by bahamut, and it was still ready not only to rebuild him as soon as it could find him but defend itself because it's a self-replicating nightmare machine.

The physical layout of the coils make no sense because they didn't even try, but the timeline seems pretty reasonable. and yes convenient because you're the main character and it's your story

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

They should of made her a catgirl.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Stufoo posted:

You'd take it as if the roar that happens during the initial credits post-praetorium is the beginning of the regeneration, when it activated those lasers and started to rebuild him. If you watch the Flames of Truth, his head is never really missing, it was always attached to his heart/core. The rest of the time was dalamud rebuilding itself, not bahamut, and digging through the ground to find him (and he may or may not have even been present for those five years, like the Warrior of Light). Dalamud did get pretty blowed up and used as shrapnel by bahamut, and it was still ready not only to rebuild him as soon as it could find him but defend itself because it's a self-replicating nightmare machine.

The physical layout of the coils make no sense because they didn't even try, but the timeline seems pretty reasonable. and yes convenient because you're the main character and it's your story

I always wondered if Bahamut would have regenerated fully before the coil itself did. I mean if Dalamud was sufficiently reconstructed it probably could have contained Bahamut to some degree, hell you fight Kaliya in what basically appears to be a finished containment device for him.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Holy poo poo, the se mobile forums actually loaded on my tablet today :eyepop:

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Fat_Cow posted:

Lalas are a treasure.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Hungry Harvey is the only good lalafell.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I am also pro-Harvey.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

kafziel posted:

Because the Warrior of Light suddenly collected and then freed a poo poo ton of Aether by getting the other Primals summoned and then killing them. Dalamud was slowly leeching the background aether for 5 years, then we made it rain.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

nuru posted:

You're wrong. Class quests will give you a weapon, job quests will not (aside from relic). The original post said the not-WAR had a level 35 mainhand and the last class quest is at 30 (gives a http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Spiked_Steel_Labrys). This player in question actually upgraded their weapon at least once since their MRD quests had ended.

As someone who just hit 45 for the first time: You're not getting a quest weapon that keeps up.

After the Darkhold and getting my Maelstrom promotion, I got a Maelstrom bow with seals. It was something like 8 or 10 power better than my last bow... which is a really impressive difference given the Maelstrom bow only has 30 power. (I'd imagine if I got a bow drop from Cutter's Cry or the Darkhold itself it would have been less extreme, but I didn't.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you do all the sidequests available to you, you'll keep current on weapons as well as other equipment. This is why it's a bad idea to skip sidequests.

• Locked thread