Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Clarste posted:

Short answer is that UBW is the middle route of a three route game, so it neither properly introduces anything nor comes to any kind of satisfying conclusions (except maybe for one thing). If you watch it on its own, the proper reaction to nearly everything should be "what? that's it?".
I wouldn't say nearly everything, the only ones that really get shafted in UBW are Rider and Illya. And Sakura too if you care about her for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

-Troika- posted:

Prisma Illya is good and very funny :colbert:

Yikes.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

-Troika- posted:

It really is.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

:whitewater:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Disregarding the content, I hate the artstyle of Prisma Illya. Everything looks so lopsided and off-color, like a parody of lovely art but it's not. It's a shame, I hear there's some nice fights in it and I could at least look those up on youtube.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

-Troika- posted:

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
You know every so often I want to bitch slap Shirou and tell him to stop being stupid.

Cause like yelling at an all powerful demi god to not kill someone is not brave, it's stupid, considering he can kill you with a snap of his fingers... And then he would go kill Tosaka as well.

As for the scene this episode yeah knew that was coming. Also the next part is not pleasant either. Next episode is gonna give everyone heart burn.

Myurton fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 20, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Considering Shirou's personality and ideals, I give him a pass on this because him going batshit at the sight of a defenseless person being wrecked would make him stupid(er). So basically, yeah he's stupid, but it makes sense.

edit; also I think people would be mad at him if he just stood there hidden and mouth agape. I know I'd be, that'd be a lame (albeit smarter(?) reaction

Compendium fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 20, 2015

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Also Tohsaka pretty much does slap him and tell him to stop being stupid previously.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

-Troika- posted:

Have a seat.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

----> \_

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Regarding Shirou, people are watching the wrong show, is what I'm thinking. Shirou's dumbness is mostly at its worse in Fate and is really charming in its 100% honesty. Shirou wouldn't be Shirou if he wouldn't risk his life for someone else; no matter how monumentally stupid a risk his actions are.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Always save the girl.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shiro is cool because he's the only Fate character who actively knows he's out of his league and still tries to fight godlike beings because he wants to help people. It also sometimes leads to his death which is also cool

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Shiro is cool because he's the only Fate character who actively knows he's out of his league and still tries to fight godlike beings because he wants to help people. It also sometimes leads to his death which is also cool

He might suicidally idealistic, but at least he's self aware about it. :v:

Well, that's still better than most shounen protagonists.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Maybe I am in the minority but I thought that was a pretty awesome episode.

Full disclosure: I read all of the VN so I understand everything that happened.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 20, 2015

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part that got me with this episode was Gil cutting out Ilya's eyes, and her, knowing she's going to die, slowly crawling toward Berserker's body.. Dude is just ice cold. That scene was really hard to watch.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gil's a butt

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The biggest.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Nate RFB posted:

I wouldn't say nearly everything, the only ones that really get shafted in UBW are Rider and Illya. And Sakura too if you care about her for some reason.

Bless sakura and her wormy rear end

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That's not really a spoiler because you know. Fate/Zero.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Compendium posted:

That's not really a spoiler because you know. Fate/Zero.

The Heavens Feel movie(s) is/are supposed to come out sometime this year and maybe some people haven't seen Fate/Zero (I just started it myself but I've read the FSN vn) so maybe people don't know about the whole worms thing yet

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I was thinking about how they structured the whole anime side of the franchise and I realized that they are made so that it's not important which series you are viewing first. Each series spoils each other, and you will have the complete picture only after watching ALL the series. Like the muddy Iris in the flashback. She is both a reference to zero (if you watched F/Z first) and a mysterious plot point that will be explained by F/Z (if you watched UBW first).

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

pissdude posted:

Bless sakura and her wormy rear end

Is she wormslut in F/Z too or did they use the all ages worms?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

KaneTW posted:

Is she wormslut in F/Z too

Yes. Zouken even says "This is the worm that took that her chastity." right before he shoves the worm into Kariya's mouth.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Can we don't spoiler things for the few people who never read the VN nor watched F/Z? thanks.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 20, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I hate all of you

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The OP does say it's a free for all on Zero spoilers.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Cake Attack posted:

I hate all of you

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Cake Attack posted:

I hate all of you

I feel this is the general initial consensus among every set of Grail War mages, so it's only fitting.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

KaneTW posted:

Is she wormslut in F/Z too or did they use the all ages worms?

I thought she was an educated prostitute?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If you want to talk about the awful parts in Heaven's Feel please do so in the TM megathread and not the UBW anime thread kthx

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

except we're talking about F/Z not the "awful" parts of F/SN DORK

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's a reminder.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also can you assholes stop spoiling that Archer is Shirou from a parallel timeline where he becomes cynical and forms a contract with the World in exchange for the ability to use Unlimited Blade Works.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 21, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I hate all of you

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

drat you :argh:

Edited out spoilers

littleorv fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 20, 2015

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2012/07/26/157430614/it-was-all-a-dream-or-turns-out-spoilers-are-good-for-you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Why are you quoting it? This is (supposed to be) an explicitly no-spoiler thread, so just leave dealing with the rear end in a top hat to the mods.

• Locked thread