Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I came back to see the Giant of my youth and I find but a shade dimmed by the fires of compromise. You have my pity, but not much of it. Goodbye Mother. I fly.

now do it as a yoshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

When Arya was in front of that Temple place in Dorn and was reciting the names of the people she plans on killing why did she take Tywine Lannister off the list. Does she already know he is dead already?

Ilyn Payne was missing from the list too. I guess she figured if a 7 pound cancerous tumor can't kill the guy, she hasn't a prayer.

Also she's in Braavos, not Dorne.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I actually generally enjoy Dany's story, though it's a little slow-paced. Come on, give me radical social transformation overnight!

Of course she did the right thing, in the exact same situation as Robb back in S3. The first difference is that she has a core cadre of Kronstadt warriors who are utterly disciplined, selfless, and loyal. The second difference is she doesn't have to contend with a deep state like you have over in Westeros. The only other thing that struck me is just how numerous the masters seem to be, for a privileged overclass they seem to be nearly at par with the helots.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have a feeling Vaerys is going to meet Dany and see the city on fire.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I actually generally enjoy Dany's story, though it's a little slow-paced. Come on, give me radical social transformation overnight!

Of course she did the right thing, in the exact same situation as Robb back in S3. The first difference is that she has a core cadre of Kronstadt warriors who are utterly disciplined, selfless, and loyal. The second difference is she doesn't have to contend with a deep state like you have over in Westeros. The only other thing that struck me is just how numerous the masters seem to be, for a privileged overclass they seem to be nearly at par with the helots.

Well bringing a justice system to Mereen, that is equally applied to all is good. But, Danny needs to remember that this is a foreign concept to these people and they have a strong hatred to their former rulers. Danny got the trust of the people by removing the people they hated. She just became like the Masters in their minds.

Moving the old system to the new system should be done very carefully with allowances for missteps. Danny could have brought him out said he should be executed and then spared him. She could have then stated this was a one off. From now on, this will lead to execution. Also, did she even do a trial for this guy or just execute him? The sons of the harpy guy would get a trial but this guy doesn't?

Danny could have just executed him secretly and not in front of everyone.

In short, Danny is a moron.

Raccooon fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 20, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Human Crouton posted:

I thought we'd never see Bronn again.

Does this mean he can still die. :(

All men must die.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

All men must die.

Not Bronn though.

When Jaime said "I'm not going alone." I was like HELL YEAH BRONN AND JAIME TEAMING UP!!!!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

EccoRaven posted:

I think all else being equal I find Dany's storyline the most boring as well, but I actually find every story interesting overall and still think the show is a lot of fun to watch regardless.

her story interacts the least with the rest of the cast, so if you like a character, often times the other story lines will at least impact them in some meaningful way some of the time

if you dont like dany, well, guess what, she doesnt mean poo poo to the characters you do care about.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

her story interacts the least with the rest of the cast, so if you like a character, often times the other story lines will at least impact them in some meaningful way some of the time

if you dont like dany, well, guess what, she doesnt mean poo poo to the characters you do care about.

I like Dany a lot, her story is just the most "boring" to me because it's so slow-developing. It would be neat if there was a way for the main show to run in normal time but Dany's story involved us checking in at 5 year intervals or something.

Also I suspect her story and the main Westeros stories are going to finally intersect really soon; I hope whatever happens when Tyrion and Varys arrive pushes her westward (ideally with multiple dragons and a united Slaver's Bay in tow).

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Question...

so Arya goes to the Black & White temple and politely knocks on the door. Dude answers and tells her to gently caress off. A day later he saves her from some thugs and invites her in. Why didn't he just take her in when she first knocked?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No one seems especially concerned that Winter Is Coming anymore by the way.

e: concerned not considered

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 20, 2015

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

No one seems especially considered that Winter Is Coming anymore by the way.

Well, with all the Starks dead, who is left to remind them?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The Grey posted:

Question...

so Arya goes to the Black & White temple and politely knocks on the door. Dude answers and tells her to gently caress off. A day later he saves her from some thugs and invites her in. Why didn't he just take her in when she first knocked?

He probably wanted to observe her for a bit to see what kinda trouble she brought before letting her into his assassins guild.

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008
Did I miss Dorne in the opening credits?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

RichardDunn posted:

Did I miss Dorne in the opening credits?

No, they mistakenly included the Eyrie instead.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why is little finger talking to the boltons? i don't remember that

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

A Major Fucker posted:

why is little finger talking to the boltons? i don't remember that

Sometimes, alliances must be forged through the bond of marriage, and the heir to the Dreadfort has yet to take a wife...

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

The Grey posted:

Question...

They wanted to see how she would react to being attacked. They didn't want her dead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There was more liveposting last season, wasn't there? Is it because of the leak? Or is the show dead

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Gilly's "I know 'S'" might have been one of the funniest moments of the entire series for me.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There was more liveposting last season, wasn't there? Is it because of the leak? Or is the show dead

Anecdotal, but most of my friends just thought the season five debut was trash and lost a little interest.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
I was kinda hoping that Arya would get into the White House/Black Market using her wits. Like she'd have to figure out some kind of loving riddle or something, I dunno, instead of just Jaquen turning her away and then later running into her in an alley and changing his mind??

I'm excited to see Jaquen again in any case. Now we just need Gendry back and all will be well.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The screeners being out there has put everyone into their own camp and they've all gone incommunicado, It will pick up after the leaked episodes. People that watched the leak are probably not posting because either a. no spoilers rule or b. gently caress it come back when something "new" airs. People that didnt watch the leaks are likely avoiding potential spoilers.

I didnt watch ahead but am a book reader so I fear no man. Except the places where the show has heavily diverged *and* gotten ahead of the books.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Turns out this whole show is a Section 31 plot and he's been stuck inside the simulation for decades.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I thought it was kind of great that Littlefinger's criticisms of Brienne had absolutely nothing to do with her looks or her gender or the fact that she is in the very unusual and rare position of being a female devoted to being a fighter and a sworn sword. He left all of that stuff out of it and instead solely based his verbal assessment on her resume, history, and perceived loyalty, and judged her as if she were any other potential knight/sword sword.

Obviously I'm not trying to say that Littlefinger is somehow progressive or anything, I just think its good character/story work because I'm sure he has realized by studying Sansa that Sansa would not respond to a criticism based on or even mentioning the fact that "It's unnatural for a woman to try to be a fighter/knight" or anything like that even though most of the inhabitants of Westeros probably have that opinion. When he's in front of Sansa, he knows that his reasons for shutting down Brienne's potential services/involvement have to be solely based on her merit. Great stuff.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Arya sneaking up to the pigeons was a nice callback to her training to be as silent as a cat and her earlier clumsy attempts in Kings Landing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loved that Cersei thought she was finally in a position to run poo poo and then it turns out Uncle Kevan only seemed like an easily influenced man because the guy who was always telling him what to do before this was Tywin loving Lannister.

Depressio111117 posted:

Now we just need Gendry back and all will be well.

Just as that dude was rowing Arya up to the temple, Gendry should have rammed into them from the side, panting roughly and 20 pounds lighter.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

bbf2 posted:

When he's in front of Sansa, he knows that his reasons for shutting down Brienne's potential services/involvement have to be solely based on her merit. Great stuff.

Or, from what we've seen of Littlefinger in the past, he really likes pushing people's buttons and [correctly] surmised that Brienne'll have had a lifetime of OMG A BIG UGLY LADY KNIGHT and won't care if he says that, while "You are a loving failure" is going to hit a nerve. Sansa also probably wouldn't give a gently caress if he went for the "You're a big dumb lady knight" approach because she is a literal bred-for-marriage princessy princess who literally waited in a tower for a knight to rescue her and never got on with her tomboy sister.

In conclusion, I disagree.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bbf2 posted:

I thought it was kind of great that Littlefinger's criticisms of Brienne had absolutely nothing to do with her looks or her gender or the fact that she is in the very unusual and rare position of being a female devoted to being a fighter and a sworn sword. He left all of that stuff out of it and instead solely based his verbal assessment on her resume, history, and perceived loyalty, and judged her as if she were any other potential knight/sword sword.

Obviously I'm not trying to say that Littlefinger is somehow progressive or anything, I just think its good character/story work because I'm sure he has realized by studying Sansa that Sansa would not respond to a criticism based on or even mentioning the fact that "It's unnatural for a woman to try to be a fighter/knight" or anything like that even though most of the inhabitants of Westeros probably have that opinion. When he's in front of Sansa, he knows that his reasons for shutting down Brienne's potential services/involvement have to be solely based on her merit. Great stuff.

wtf brienne meets little finger?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shoulda sent him to the Wall, Dany.

C'mon.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'd love to see Varys' reaction when he arrives in Mereen and realizes from the clusterfuck there that Dany's actually not that good at ruling.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 20, 2015

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Depressio111117 posted:

I was kinda hoping that Arya would get into the White House/Black Market using her wits. Like she'd have to figure out some kind of loving riddle or something, I dunno, instead of just Jaquen turning her away and then later running into her in an alley and changing his mind??

I'm excited to see Jaquen again in any case. Now we just need Gendry back and all will be well.

He seemed more like the ascetic-teaching-a-lesson-monkish figure rather than someone who just happened to be shopping and noticed Arya getting in trouble. Is this a troll post?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Two things;

1) That final moment with the dragon was amazing. Say what you want about the show, but they always nail the ending.

2) Jamie's costume in his scene with Bronn totally does it for me :dance:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I feel like liveposting in TVIV in general seems to be a bit down. Maybe it's not the show that's dead... but Something Awful. :tinfoil:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think live watching (?) of TV is down.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

Do we really want to know why he's collecting dwarf heads?

Hell yes. What Qyburn is up to is going to some really nasty poo poo.

Slashrat posted:

I'd love to see Varys' reaction when he arrives in Mereen and realizes from the clusterfuck there that Dany's actually not that good at ruling.

Just means he gets to mold her more and is more valuable to her as a behind-the-scenes guy who knows how to rule.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
i feel like maybe that leak thing has something to do with liveposting numbers being lower than usual? does anyone think these things could be related somehow?

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Season 4 had fewer liveposters than season 3. Something Awful traffic is way down from a few years ago.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Sooo the new season seems like it got an increased budget or something and looks extra pretty but it's been boring as poo poo :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mortabis posted:

Season 4 had fewer liveposters than season 3. Something Awful traffic is way down from a few years ago.

That's what happens when you turn your most popular forum into a toilet.

• Locked thread