Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sharkopath posted:

My favorite story is the one after the one coming up.

Day-in Day-Out? Been re-reading the manga and yeah they definitely could put that all into an episode.

Marmalade and Sugar Song :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Day-in Day-Out? Been re-reading the manga and yeah they definitely could put that all into an episode.

Marmalade and Sugar Song :allears:.

Oh no, the Monster Truck Adventure.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't know if something is up with my connection or it's just Funi being Funi, but man this episode has an rear end framerate for me. Also while the ED is great, the OP doesn't get nearly enough love.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I kind of can't believe this was a TV episode and not a scene from a film, it looked so loving good. Did Matsumoto storyboard this one?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

I don't know if something is up with my connection or it's just Funi being Funi, but man this episode has an rear end framerate for me. Also while the ED is great, the OP doesn't get nearly enough love.

For what it's worth it looked perfectly fine on AnimeLab and I'm half-certain we get the Funimation masters, so it might be your connection. The OP's alright, but I just think it's an utter disconnect from the rest of the show's jazzy upbeat nature.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

I like the OP a lot and even more now that I know what the lyrics are, you aren't alone.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I like the bits in the OP where Leo is waking up and getting ready for the day.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Stallion Cabana posted:

You're all watching this on the Funimation site, right?

Not on their website, no, I'm using the Funimation app on Roku.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Also does Libria not pay people? I am confused why Leonardo was working a Pizza Delivery job

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stallion Cabana posted:

Also does Libria not pay people? I am confused why Leonardo was working a Pizza Delivery job

They actually mention it early in the episode - they happily offered to pay Leonardo more, but he wouldn't take anything but their basic rate.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That was good. Not as good as the second episode, I think, but good. The show continues to look and sound gorgeous, and I will be a very happy man if they can keep that up.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I kind of can't believe this was a TV episode and not a scene from a film, it looked so loving good. Did Matsumoto storyboard this one?

She was credited alongside http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=37977

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Very good episode, the visuals of them driving in to see the Mega-chess master were great. I'm gonna have to read the manga in the near future as well, I gotta get those juicy details.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
They also forgot to imply just what the chessmaster's fate would've been if Klaus hadn't intervened - his brain was gonna join the collective. :unsmigghh:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They also forgot to imply just what the chessmaster's fate would've been if Klaus hadn't intervened - his brain was gonna join the collective. :unsmigghh:
Washizu, Hyoudou, take notes.

Nat
Apr 3, 2012
Good lord those backgrounds were something else along with the sound design, it was almost like something out of Ping Pong. :allears: For an episode consisting of nothing but dialogue the staff really knew how to keep it interesting. Insert songs are my guilty pleasure so I really enjoyed the scene in White's room.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

They were literally playing 11 dimensional chess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

They were literally playing 11 dimensional chess.

More like 4-dimensional. Three-dimensional movement and the rules can change at any time :downsrim:.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Calvinball chess.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
It was basically the chess version of blernsball, but with less giant spiders.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Great Rumbler posted:

It was basically the chess version of blernsball, but with less giant spiders.

Those come in around hour 120. They just didn't get to them.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'd actually be interested to learn how much of Klaus and that other guy's mental stress came from their opponent vs. the game itself.

We know the information broker is good, he's been playing for around a 1,000 years, but is he good enough to break people's minds or is that just a facet of the game's ever-changing nature?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The real question is, who was that yamamoto guy klaus was playing online?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Serious Frolicking posted:

I just assumed it was the demon dude's idea of a Totally Normal Person internet handle.

In retrospect I'm not really sure I can justify this thought.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I just assumed it was the demon dude's idea of a Totally Normal Person internet handle.

Needed more numbers.

Maybe even a good ol' fashion xXx. Dude seemed pretty straight edge.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

I was wondering that too, since they put emphasis on Klaus sending him a thank you message at the end.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It was fairly obvious without being outright stated. There wouldn't be any point for it to be anyone else.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bad Seafood posted:

I'd actually be interested to learn how much of Klaus and that other guy's mental stress came from their opponent vs. the game itself.

We know the information broker is good, he's been playing for around a 1,000 years, but is he good enough to break people's minds or is that just a facet of the game's ever-changing nature?

That's pretty much left ambiguous. Ulchenko did remark it suddenly started feeling hot in there though. I just assumed that the guy's tactics are so much more complex than the average player that you need to pay attention now or he's set you up to lose in an hour's time no matter what you do.

ViggyNash posted:

I was wondering that too, since they put emphasis on Klaus sending him a thank you message at the end.

Considering we still haven't seen Femt turn up again (and granted, he hasn't at all in the manga), I reckon they should've had it turn out to be him just killing time.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Watched all 3 episodes today. drat!! This show is great.
Klaus is my favourite so far. But I really wanna know more about K.K.

Can't wait to see where this series goes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SereneCrimson posted:

Watched all 3 episodes today. drat!! This show is great.
Klaus is my favourite so far. But I really wanna know more about K.K.

Can't wait to see where this series goes.

You'll get to see K.K. and Steven A. Starphase kick rear end in the next episode.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Anime last names are the best.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Everyone's name in this show is anime as gently caress.

Also can I request that you put the screencaps of the character's introductory picture things in one of the reserved posts or the main OP?

Because they're pretty great.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

Everyone's name in this show is anime as gently caress.

Also can I request that you put the screencaps of the character's introductory picture things in one of the reserved posts or the main OP?

Because they're pretty great.

I would never have even thought of "Dick Suck" for Zap, but it is somehow absolutely perfect.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Just watched all 3 episodes back to back and 3 was probably my favorite, I want a real life version of Prosfair.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Still need the intro screencaps from this episode.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Demicol posted:

Just watched all 3 episodes back to back and 3 was probably my favorite, I want a real life version of Prosfair.

Episode 3 is for sure the highlight artistically, loving gorgeous and it takes talent to make an episode where nothing really 'happens' be so entertaining.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Got volumes 1 and 3 in the mail today, still waiting on the second. I appreciate that Dark Horse is trying to raise the series' profile but I'd rather they didn't slap "From the creator of Trigun" stickers on the cover. Least these two peeled off okay.

The mismatched spines are also kinda bugging me. Guess I'll start reading.

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Oh Professor, you'll bury us all!
I guess it's probably derived from the manga, but I really appreciate how they're handling things like shot composition and editing in this show. They're just little touches, but stuff like the jump cuts during the prosfair game and the match cut near the end of ep2 makes me feel like someone really cares about making this show look good.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
In a medium that often seems overwhelmed by works that are so generic and so bland in their animation and directorial style, something like BBB really stands out like a beacon. I really hope it does well in Japan, because Rie Matsumoto should be allowed to have a very long career in this industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Professor Irony posted:

I guess it's probably derived from the manga, but I really appreciate how they're handling things like shot composition and editing in this show. They're just little touches, but stuff like the jump cuts during the prosfair game and the match cut near the end of ep2 makes me feel like someone really cares about making this show look good.

You should watch the director's previous show, Kyousogiga, it's got a lot of that cinematic flair as well.

• Locked thread