Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

a kitten posted:

That was a cool chapter, i love stuff that's peaceful and mysterious like that.

What I like most is the spooky postman at the beginning. It's just spooky otherworldly stuff like that that I think should be in more of this genre of fantasy, just bizarre and slightly creepy things, the way the good old folk tales and urban legends are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Did the art for Flying Witch get way better suddenly?

The raw scans have been pretty poo poo until now.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

The Wandering of Girls' Group No. 7 continues to be weird.

also Cute & Dumb Girls, I guess it's My Monster Secret now?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It's one of the comics that best epitomizes this thread, that and Sumire 16. Everything is just kind of strange and wonderful, and all very dreamlike. It works on its own sort of logic in that events sort of flow continuously, one from another, and seem to make sense in the context, but it's all just so delightfully weird that it's quite hard to describe in one sentence. Crystallized loneliness that disappears when observed, imagine that! :allears:

"An idiot, a dead person, and a moron... we're invincible!"

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

DrSunshine posted:

or the author of Prison School.

If you think that the author of Prison School always draws like that, you've got an eye-opener ahead of you.

Go read "Me and the Devil Blues".

The speculation is the he originally started drawing Prison School as a giant "gently caress you" over "Me and the Devil Blues" being cancelled. And, naturally, Japanese popular taste being so terrible, Prison School promptly did far better.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

actually he just like titties

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Cake Attack posted:

I am forced to concede before such a superior and compelling argument.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cake Attack posted:

It can't be both???

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

It can't be both???

it's not

the mental gymnastics people go through about prison school is hilarious

a talented mangaka is making a pretty funny sex comedy. nothing more

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cake Attack posted:

it's not

the mental gymnastics people go through about prison school is hilarious

Prove it

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

You could say the same about the "he's doing it for spite" allegations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

our resident japanophile aers said so

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

our resident japanophile aers said so

Aers, the only japanophile on this forum.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
*ahem*

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Cake Attack posted:

I wish this could be Prison School's thread title

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

New Black Jac- My Neighbor Seki-Kun! :haw:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Man, I love Seki-kin so much. This was a great chapter. Yokoi playing along fully while class continues around them is the best thing. They aren't even trying to pretend that they aren't just playing kids' games together in the back of the classroom.

I always have the same praise for Seki-kun, but then, it's always the same thing. And it's always great (though I was underwhelmed by the previous chapter).

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

What I like is that the relationship has clearly progressed from Yokoi just spying on Seki and trying to get him to pay attention to just out and out playing weird kids' games and doing crafts at the back of the class. Originally Seki seemed to be hiding it from her too (or at least trying to keep it to himself), but now he just takes her interference casually like it's normal routine! It's not even "a thing" anymore; it's great! :allears:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Yakuza Pottery 101 update

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Pottery drives me to existential angst as well.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DrSunshine posted:

Takeo Chan Bukkairoku - "Everyone knows that for humans, it's all about :20bux: :10bux: CASH MONEY :whatup:!!"

this got two new chapters since you posted it and they are great

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Takeo-chan-Bukkairoku/Vol-001-Ch-004--Takeo-chan-s-Gratitude?id=226365

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Demon King 4-koma

Maou :3:

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

My demon king: Picaso :allear:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Seven Seas will publish Franken Fran :stare:

quote:

Seven Seas Entertainment is excited to announce their acquisition of Katsuhisa Kigitsu’s dark parody manga series, Franken Fran.

Somewhere, out in the sticks of rural Japan, there is a mysterious manor that is home to the greatest surgeon who ever lived. But when the surgeon goes missing, his reanimated daughter, Fran, takes up the family profession, and despite her Frankenstein-like ways, cares deeply for her patients and holds steadfast to the Hippocratic Oath. Fran’s creed? “All lives must be saved, no matter the cost!”

Readers will join Fran, her twisted sister Veronica, and the rest of her monstrous entourage in a gruesomely hilarious tale that would put Mary Shelley to shame! Because for Franken Fran, the ends always justify the means, no matter what ungodly creations emerge from her lab.

“Franken Fran is one of our most requested licenses of all time,” said Seven Seas publisher Jason DeAngelis. “We already have such a passionate fanbase for monster girls—like for our bestselling series, Monster Musume—so Franken Fran is a great fit. It really pushes the envelope as both a horror and comedy.”

Seven Seas will present the much-anticipated FRANKEN FRAN for the first time in print in North America in four omnibus editions. Each book will contain two volumes-worth of content, and color inserts. The first omnibus will be released on February 16, 2016 for $19.99 USA / $22.99 CAN.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

quote:

“Franken Fran is one of our most requested licenses of all time,” said Seven Seas publisher Jason DeAngelis. “We already have such a passionate fanbase for monster girls—like for our bestselling series, Monster Musume—so Franken Fran is a great fit. It really pushes the envelope as both a horror and comedy.”

:v:

It's the hot new trend!! I knew it!! With "My Monster Secret" (Jitsu wa etc.) bringing up the vanguard, the monster girl phenomenon is here to stay!

Speaking of monsters, there's a couple new chapters of KURO out.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/KURO/Ch-104-107--v002---104-107?id=227712

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/KURO/Ch-108-112--108-112?id=227639

It continues to be both lovely and full-color, and also vaguely disturbing. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, because it does a wonderful job of slowly building up an atmosphere of dread. Very Lovecraft!

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Today is Always the Most Enjoyable Day:
http://dokusha.info/read/yotsubato/en/13/87/page/1

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

The one thing that has been on everyone's mind since the beginning is revealed!

Mr. Koiwai's first name is Yousuke.

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013
The Demon King visits the zoo

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Haha, all the animals got all serious and badass thanks to Demon King effects! That's really silly. Look at those guinea pigs trying to be badasses! I've always liked this one because of how cute the Demon King acts -- he's so caring for his master!

Demon King & Flower Shops

Wait, what exactly kind of supernatural monster is Futaba supposed to be anyway?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

DrSunshine posted:

Wait, what exactly kind of supernatural monster is Futaba supposed to be anyway?

Mandrake I guess.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Probably a dryad. Those tend to be pretty popular as general "plant monsters."

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Zai x 10 - http://www.mangareader.net/zai-x-10/41

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There are no words. Policewoman is by far the best character.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
We have the end of the medieval world arc in Centaur's Worries, and...

uh...

I have nothing coherent to say about that.

:wtf:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

We have the end of the medieval world arc in Centaur's Worries, and...

uh...

I have nothing coherent to say about that.

:wtf:

That's why I love this manga. At one moment it's a lovely fluffy moe monstergirl manga and then in another chapter the main girl becomes a warlord, conquers a kingdom, builds an empire, ruthlessly jails her enemies, and orders human sacrifices to get home. :allears:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Centaur's Worries is great, and this chapter is a great example of why.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I got a notification that Tonari no Nanige-San had a new issue but on batoto it's all blank screens. Are they having trouble, or am I being punished for reading 79 issues of yotsubato in a couple days by being cut off? Or a third thing? Am I the only one who can't read comics on batoto since yesterday?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Batoto's working for me. Clear your cache?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Krinkle posted:

I got a notification that Tonari no Nanige-San had a new issue but on batoto it's all blank screens. Are they having trouble, or am I being punished for reading 79 issues of yotsubato in a couple days by being cut off? Or a third thing? Am I the only one who can't read comics on batoto since yesterday?

They were having some issues the other day, a trick I read on their forums for when that happens is to click the little gear icon towards the top when you're reading a manga and select a different image server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Okay well I tried that and nope. I checked the page source, found the link for the picture that's supposed to be there, and get this:

It happened in the middle of an issue. I can't even say it was updating an antivirus program or changing adblocks or anything. I was doing nothing but clicking next page over and over again and suddenly they cut me off.
I just disabled adblocks to test and that's not it either.

Blhue posted:

They were having some issues the other day, a trick I read on their forums for when that happens is to click the little gear icon towards the top when you're reading a manga and select a different image server.

Image server 3 works. I'm glad I didn't gently caress up because I was really wracking my brains trying to think what I could have done clicking next page.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 8, 2015

• Locked thread