Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What's Snowvilliers deal, anyway? His name has come up before, but I'm not up to speed on his rap sheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Shinjobi posted:

What's Snowvilliers deal, anyway? His name has come up before, but I'm not up to speed on his rap sheet.

It is just a joke. The guy is just annoying, but at least he does shouts. Most people do not do that stuff.

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
Yeah, Snow is just kinda a doof. I don't think there really is an equal to Wolfevangelist/Phagen on Asura. Well, that I've seen anyway.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Zombie Souffle posted:

Yeah, Snow is just kinda a doof. I don't think there really is an equal to Wolfevangelist/Phagen on Asura. Well, that I've seen anyway.

Snowvilliers is only bad because he thinks his strategies are the best and he will tell you to "stfy" or call you a "retardress". If it was not a complete waste of my time I would group with him more often. Wolfevangelist has been known to actually get poo poo done, after being carried by other people. I know someone who claims they actually won a delve with Wolfevangelist.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Does anyone have that website with the old Japanese opinions on updates from pre NA launch? My old link doesn't work anymore.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I was playing FF6 and Theatrythm on my plane ride so I'm in Final Fantasy mode again and I've gotten the urge to resub to this poopy game. I might do it after work today or tomorrow if I don't pass out from jet lag first. I already have a character on Asura.

Also a part of me thinks I should try to beat FF3, 12 or 13 because those are the only numbered ones I haven't beaten yet if we're not counting 14 and direct sequels. Maybe I'll just watch a let's play of FF3 DS or FF13 because man those games are a struggle...

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

12 has a bit of a rough start, but once you get to the point where Vaan isn't really a part of the story and just along for the ride it gets great.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah 12 isn't bad or anything, I've just gotten bored and quit whenever I try playing through, though. They did a FF10 HD remake, I'd rather have FF12 HD with the international zodiac stuff in it so I could beat that game. I liked FF10 okay back in the day but I dunno if I'd enjoy it now and have the need to play through it again. Never did beat X-2 either but eeeehhh.

While we're on the subject of sequels, FF4 the After Years on Wii was lovely as gently caress and I never played the 13 sequels at that requires me playing through FF13, Jesus God

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah 12 isn't bad or anything, I've just gotten bored and quit whenever I try playing through, though. They did a FF10 HD remake, I'd rather have FF12 HD with the international zodiac stuff in it so I could beat that game. I liked FF10 okay back in the day but I dunno if I'd enjoy it now and have the need to play through it again. Never did beat X-2 either but eeeehhh.

While we're on the subject of sequels, FF4 the After Years on Wii was lovely as gently caress and I never played the 13 sequels at that requires me playing through FF13, Jesus God

You're crazy. FF10 is tons better than FF12! The sphere grid is far superior to that whatever they called it in FF12. And as for battle...FF12 seemed like a good idea, with the programmable responses, but once you've made a good set of commands it's suddenly pretty loving stupid. I mean, there's no battle, I just ran over to some mobs, then picked up a book and read a page. Then battle would be over and I'd run over to the next mob. And read another page. And that was the rest of the game, more or less. SNOOOZE.

X-2's clothes system was actually kinda good, if you could look past the fact that it feels like you're playing dress-up-barbie or something.

Aaaanyway, resubbing as we speak.

Edit: sure wish I could utilize my 100mbit line to actually download the last year's updates at something resembling a speedy rate. SE will never change.

Valle fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 20, 2015

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I beat FF10 and not FF12 so I think that speaks for itself. I just want an HD FF12 because I haven't ever beaten it and the international version that we never got was improved.

I did come really close to getting the HD FFX \ X-2 for PS3 but decided against it because I do have those games already.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

On Asura as Tyranderp. Pearl me if anyone is on in the next couple of hours!

Edit: I have 2902 traverser stones :v:

Valle fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 20, 2015

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Valle posted:

On Asura as Tyranderp. Pearl me if anyone is on in the next couple of hours!

I am logging on now, my in game name is Joobacca on Asura. I have a linksack, I can reach into my sack and give you a pearl.

arkma
May 30, 2001

Gruknor posted:

Snowvilliers is only bad because he thinks his strategies are the best and he will tell you to "stfy" or call you a "retardress". If it was not a complete waste of my time I would group with him more often. Wolfevangelist has been known to actually get poo poo done, after being carried by other people. I know someone who claims they actually won a delve with Wolfevangelist.

From the Ripley's Believe it or Not! File: I actually got two delve wins from Wolfie, bee and shark. The bee we got on the first try, but the shark win came after many, too many, tries. By the time we got the actual win, we had 3 humans, 5 chars left in the party; never worked harder in this game tanking that shark as dnc/run. In retrospect, I am not even sure how we pulled off the actual clear, I think the stunner was dead the whole fight.

arkma fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 21, 2015

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Someone got two of their characters permabanned, LM-31'd. Just a reminder to try to be safe when you are using stuff that is a bannable offense.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Gruknor posted:

Someone got two of their characters permabanned, LM-31'd. Just a reminder to try to be safe when you are using stuff that is a bannable offense.

Lm31?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

it is SE FFXI gm code speak for, you hosed up because you used a third party program and were caught red handed. At least that is what my google search found.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

it is SE FFXI gm code speak for, you hosed up because you used a third party program and were caught red handed. At least that is what my google search found.

Uh Oh, What characters got banned?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Project Tako - for use in instanced areas without pubbie scum only.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

Uh Oh, What characters got banned?

Cobbs/Rems got ban hammered, Smellyhume is safe. The lsmes says that Cobbs/Rems is quitting.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Gruknor posted:

Cobbs/Rems got ban hammered, Smellyhume is safe. The lsmes says that Cobbs/Rems is quitting.

Do we know what program got them caught?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Zero The Hero posted:

Do we know what program got them caught?

I don't know if they even got permabanned. I do know that he has at least one previous ban.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

double xp/cp April 27th through the end of May

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Gruknor posted:

cobb.... cheating?? :wth:

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
"Progressing through Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will increase the maximum number of alter egos a character can call forth and provide a wide range of other perks."

I wonder what those other perks will wind up being. Something cool that adds up to giving an excuse to go hands off and have everyone running around as crazy god characters would be a nice way to end things. Essentially, "Ok we aren't making any more content because you're all more powerful than anything else so there's no point to attack you anymore" and then exit stage left.

In reality though it will probably be allowing access for porter moogles to hold an extra slip and increasing merit points again.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I hope they make it so your trust npcs can do stuff without you having to have autoattack on.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Gruknor posted:

I hope they make it so your trust npcs can do stuff without you having to have autoattack on.

It's weird, they'll attack the next thing you have targeted if you have /autoattack on, but if you manually select something, they just stand there.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kazy posted:

It's weird, they'll attack the next thing you have targeted if you have /autoattack on, but if you manually select something, they just stand there.

You have to be in autoattack mode for that to work. When I was skilling up enfeebling magic on my geo, I would whack something and spam my enfeebs. When the target would get low I would manually switch to the next closest target. My dudes were still doing stuff, even though I was not whacking away. It was all because I was in autoattack mode. At least that is the only explanation I can come up with.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Male of the Century posted:

"Progressing through Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will increase the maximum number of alter egos a character can call forth and provide a wide range of other perks."

I wonder what those other perks will wind up being. Something cool that adds up to giving an excuse to go hands off and have everyone running around as crazy god characters would be a nice way to end things. Essentially, "Ok we aren't making any more content because you're all more powerful than anything else so there's no point to attack you anymore" and then exit stage left.

In reality though it will probably be allowing access for porter moogles to hold an extra slip and increasing merit points again.

They won't be making any changes that would encourage people to quit. It's still a cash machine. They're looking for ways to reduce expenditure, not income.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

I think it'll be a lot of convenience and time-shifting stuff. Five Trusts out at once? Cool, I can have BRD BRD COR WHM and a tank or Ayame for a SC partner. Things like dropping the refresh rates on Assault tags and Einherjar entry, faster coalition imps, all that sort of thing. I think they mentioned another 80-160 inventory slots as well.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

CubsWoo posted:

I think it'll be a lot of convenience and time-shifting stuff. Five Trusts out at once? Cool, I can have BRD BRD COR WHM and a tank or Ayame for a SC partner. Things like dropping the refresh rates on Assault tags and Einherjar entry, faster coalition imps, all that sort of thing. I think they mentioned another 80-160 inventory slots as well.

Please let it be a new inventory viewing/sorting system. Something mouse friendly. gently caress the lists.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I know they'll never do it due to the massive amounts of code rewrites necessary, but I'd kill for inventory data to load faster. Maybe it's due to me playing off wireless, but inventory takes 4-5 seconds to load after zoning. A nitpicky problem, I admit, but it'd still be nice to see the game optimized.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I know they'll never do it due to the massive amounts of code rewrites necessary, but I'd kill for inventory data to load faster. Maybe it's due to me playing off wireless, but inventory takes 4-5 seconds to load after zoning. A nitpicky problem, I admit, but it'd still be nice to see the game optimized.

Data is still transmitted in 56k modem friendly packets, so no chance.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Is it the end of ALL content or just storyline content? Because if it's the former, no one is going to play anymore and the game will most definitely die a slow death. :(

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

Is it the end of ALL content or just storyline content? Because if it's the former, no one is going to play anymore and the game will most definitely die a slow death. :(

All major content. They mentioned that small tweaks could be possible (i.e. high-tier versions of other fights) but probably nothing that would mean new models or new zones. After November the game is probably going to be put on an even smaller skeleton crew to handle bug fixes and change up the login campaign items monthly.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

All major content. They mentioned that small tweaks could be possible (i.e. high-tier versions of other fights) but probably nothing that would mean new models or new zones. After November the game is probably going to be put on an even smaller skeleton crew to handle bug fixes and change up the login campaign items monthly.

Least they could do is add Bahamut as a summon before they yank the plug on the servers. Because once they cut off new content, I can't see very many people jumping to pay $13 a month for this.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Only 4-5? More like 10-15 here. Playing from Norway, on a 100mbit line.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Anyone know when we can buy Rhapsodies of Vana'diel? I can't seem to find any info on it's price..

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Anyone know when we can buy Rhapsodies of Vana'diel? I can't seem to find any info on it's price..

it's gonna be free.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Probably pick this up again while awaiting the ffxiv expansion. Am I correct in my understanding that most people have transferred to Asura?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kithyen posted:

Probably pick this up again while awaiting the ffxiv expansion. Am I correct in my understanding that most people have transferred to Asura?

Everyone has, except CubsWoo.