Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

nonentity posted:

I do some now, I am pushing for simpler, more iconic looks in armor and outfits. We'll see how far I get. Outfits and characters aren't assets I can physically produce on my own. I do make weapons, mounts, rest and recharges, color crystals, and assorted other things.

Please provide at your earliest convenience:

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hulk Smash! posted:

Please provide at your earliest convenience:

Thank you.

For some reason this made me think of that classic fighting game Masters of Teras Kasi, and as I watched a video I realized that Leia Boushh in that game had a double bladed lightsaber (well, polestaff) before Darth Maul...My childhood is ruined even more.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I don't know that I'd call Masters of Teras Kasi a "classic" but Boushh/Leia always had that polestaff. Although it didn't have light-up ends like in the game. I guess what I'm really saying is please wholesale steal outfits from the movies, Nonentity or make someone do it. Call it the Bouushh outfit if you have to. The extra U will keep you out of legal trouble.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

I don't know that I'd call Masters of Teras Kasi a "classic" but Boushh/Leia always had that polestaff. Although it didn't have light-up ends like in the game. I guess what I'm really saying is please wholesale steal outfits from the movies, Nonentity or make someone do it. Call it the Bouushh outfit if you have to. The extra U will keep you out of legal trouble.

Yeah I know about the staff, knucklehead, I am referring to the fact that it lit up like a saber. :D

And we know it'll be called the "Classic Bounty Hunter Hero Disguise"

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah I know about the staff, knucklehead, I am referring to the fact that it lit up like a saber. :D

And we know it'll be called the "Classic Bounty Hunter Hero Disguise"

I did mention the light up ends of the game, wise-guy :P

(feels like a 3 stooges routine up in here).

Outfit wise, the main thing that I'd like done away with - and, to be fair, it's starting to happen - is the short sleeves over long sleeve look that so many tops have.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

nonentity posted:

Then I think you'll be pleased with most all the upcoming weapons.

Seriously though, if you guys ever have suggestions, I look here all the time to gauge sentiment on things.

Will you guys be making anything in the style of stuff from The Force Awakens, there looks to be some cool things that could come from that.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Ossipago posted:

Thanks for the cantina codes! The pink dick speeder will go well with the pink dyed Carth Onasi outfit I'm going to equip on my BH.

Edit: I'll toss my referral code out there in case anyone needs (this is not the same as the cantina codes): http://www.swtor.com/r/W62Csy

I used your referral link, been playing forever and didn't realize I could get free poo poo using it. Might sign back up too so look forward to rewards!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Le Saboteur posted:

Will you guys be making anything in the style of stuff from The Force Awakens, there looks to be some cool things that could come from that.

I just want to look like a stormtrooper with my commando, but all the helmets are weird and janky. I don't want the big shoulderpad, just a suit of laminate armor to kick rear end in.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

nonentity posted:

I do some now, I am pushing for simpler, more iconic looks in armor and outfits. We'll see how far I get. Outfits and characters aren't assets I can physically produce on my own. I do make weapons, mounts, rest and recharges, color crystals, and assorted other things.

That's a great direction to be pushing for. It feels like the higher level we go, the less iconic the armor sets are. Things I'd like to see in armor:
1. Less ridiculous shoulder pads.
2. More Jedi robes with hood down
3. More Jedi outfits with designs on the robes (something like the patterns on Ancient Paragon's Body Armor/Ancient Vindicator's Chestguard or maybe like early-mid level consular gear).

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Guess I'll give this game another shot. I know a bunch of folks in the Bioware Austin division so I should probably support their paychecks anyway.

In game as Farbman

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Got one, thanks.

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/e0syz

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Code postin' http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/pm95f

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Hey Nonentity, if the game ever gets shut down you should convince the big guys to turn it into a single player game and sell it like that, to make more money after the servers shut down. Rebalance heroics so they only need one guy, making flashpoints and operations so you take your crew into them instead of other players, selling the cartel market items for credits in the GTN area...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Siegkrow posted:

Hey Nonentity, if the game ever gets shut down you should convince the big guys to turn it into a single player game and sell it like that, to make more money after the servers shut down. Rebalance heroics so they only need one guy, making flashpoints and operations so you take your crew into them instead of other players, selling the cartel market items for credits in the GTN area...

This game ain't getting shut down anytime soon. It's doing well already, and I guarantee when Force Awakens gets closer more people will hop on.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too

John Dyne posted:

I just want to look like a stormtrooper with my commando, but all the helmets are weird and janky. I don't want the big shoulderpad, just a suit of laminate armor to kick rear end in.
May I suggest the Bind on Legacy 'Makeb Assault Armor' for your Stormtrooper needs? I can confirm it still has the tiny Imp logo when worn by Repub Trooper :D

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Medullah posted:

This game ain't getting shut down anytime soon. It's doing well already, and I guarantee when Force Awakens gets closer more people will hop on.
Last report I saw it's in the top 3 of MMOs in terms of profit, isn't it?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Decided to run through the SOR prelude with my sage, since he's been sitting at 55 since 3.0 and I had some time on my hands (read: was drunk on Saturday night and it was early). Combat droid makes the flashpoints comically easy, of course, but combat droid + HK wearing full 192 gear from the Yavin weeklies is just hilarious at 55.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Casyl posted:

That's a great direction to be pushing for. It feels like the higher level we go, the less iconic the armor sets are. Things I'd like to see in armor:
1. Less ridiculous shoulder pads.
2. More Jedi robes with hood down
3. More Jedi outfits with designs on the robes (something like the patterns on Ancient Paragon's Body Armor/Ancient Vindicator's Chestguard or maybe like early-mid level consular gear).

Hell you could make a pretty penny by removing the shoulders from certain armors and selling them on the cartel market

The Enhanced Assailant/Level 50 SW Weaponmaster set has wings on it for God only knows why. Looking at like, Darth Skotia, you see how much better it looks

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
I agree... like these silly bits on the Confiscated Mercenary.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Used yours since it got missed somehow I guess?

Anyway here's mine.

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/1c099

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
So what I'm hearing is more shoulderpads.

I think I'll suggest an armor that is all shoulderpads.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

nonentity posted:

So what I'm hearing is more shoulderpads.

I think I'll suggest an armor that is all shoulderpads.

Make us look like fuckin' World of Warcraft orcs. Shoulder pads the size of our torsos.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Sup - 12x_xp_for_all_subscribers_starting_may_4th

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/333dkx/12x_xp_for_all_subscribers_starting_may_4th/

:boom:

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

This is the big boost that basically means you only need to do the story quests right? Because gently caress yeah maybe I'll actually finish a story arc!

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

a big fat bunny posted:

This is the big boost that basically means you only need to do the story quests right? Because gently caress yeah maybe I'll actually finish a story arc!

Well, last time they did 12x it was only active for story missions, but yeah, that was basically enough all on its own.

If they do 12x for everything? :sbahj:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Catsworth posted:

Well, last time they did 12x it was only active for story missions, but yeah, that was basically enough all on its own.

If they do 12x for everything? :sbahj:
Highlights from Dulfy's livestream notes indicate that it's just story quests but it'll be around for a while:

Anaheim Cantina Tour Livestream posted:

Epic story XP boost (pretty much 12XP for class missions) coming May 4th for every single subscriber. It is going to be around for so long we don’t even know when it will end.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Do you need to be subbed prior to may 4th to get it? I'm trying to remember if there's any characters I want to get to 60 still...

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
http://dulfy.net/2015/04/20/swtor-esstran-exports-explorer-packs-reputation-items/

Things and stuff.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nice work, the blaster pistol, assault cannon and sniper rifle are sick. And that HK customization...

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Okay how do I get those drat cartel certificates? I've gotten a chunk of cartel packs off the GTN and they never drop!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Looking forward to doing the republic stories without having to grind xp in between stories.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Siegkrow posted:

Okay how do I get those drat cartel certificates? I've gotten a chunk of cartel packs off the GTN and they never drop!

Rarely drop in cartel packs, very rare drop on the vending machines. They don't come easy, i think I've bought about 20 hypercrates and have about 120 I've gotten.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Yeah the speeder is ugly as all get out but the main thing is the chance for the Mandalore decoration, had to create new chars for about half an hour to get one.

You bastard, I've been making toons all day and still no luck. I've earned almost enough gonk droids for my 11 toons to have one each, I've seen one black/black dye and 2 carbonite chambers go by (they're bound, so can't keep those) but no statue.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Getting excited about trying all the other content without having to do all the side quests a million times.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anything that's worth decent spacebux from those chests if I keep re rolling new characters?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tai posted:

Anything that's worth decent spacebux from those chests if I keep re rolling new characters?

It's all BoP, except the Droid which is BoL

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

It's all BoP, except the Droid which is BoL

gently caress the Mandalorian statue, this is what I wanted. And I got it :allears:

gonk BWONK honk gonk

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm confused, how are you guys getting this stuff via new characters?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thronde posted:

I'm confused, how are you guys getting this stuff via new characters?

The cantina award goes to every new character you make, so you can make a new character, get the package, delete the character, repeat until you get the statue you're looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Medullah posted:

The cantina award goes to every new character you make, so you can make a new character, get the package, delete the character, repeat until you get the statue you're looking for.

Is it time limited?

• Locked thread