Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think the Combiner Wars gestalts are so good not because they're necessarily good combiners(though they are), but because there's such a degree of "moddability" to them that lets you tweak their design a bit and still have something that looks good and is stable, if not improved from the base design to begin with. The Blackjack alternate chestplate idea is a perfect example, even if I can't really get it to work well on mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Asphyxious posted:

Am I missing something or has thew not reviewed superion despite being way into combiners?

I'm sure he'll get there. He put Superion in the latest KO Beatdown, so he definitely has him. But he's also had Metroplex for a couple of months and hasn't done him yet either. To be fair, Beatdown 4 was 40 minutes long and took him forever to put together judging by his fb/Twitter updates, so I'm guessing that took all the time away. Normal service will resume shortly.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The_Doctor posted:

I'm sure he'll get there. He put Superion in the latest KO Beatdown, so he definitely has him. But he's also had Metroplex for a couple of months and hasn't done him yet either. To be fair, Beatdown 4 was 40 minutes long and took him forever to put together judging by his fb/Twitter updates, so I'm guessing that took all the time away. Normal service will resume shortly.

On the other hand, while he did review Silverbolt, he also said in the KO Beatdown that he didn't like the other Combiner War figures, soooo...I dunno!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

DoctorWhat posted:

why aren't you getting Superion? Superion owns.

It's just jets, like way too many samey jets. I have a ton of jets already too, like three starscreams, Thundercracker, Sharkticon Megatron, Jetfire, Prime Soundwave; plus like 4 helicopters.

I have basically no cars though, like a few 4 wheel guys, but the only "car" cars I have are Goldfire/bug, AoE Hot Shot/Tracks, Prime Dead End, and Tailgate. And let's face it, all but one of those are hindered by something.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
All the components of Superion aside from Powerglide are cool planes with robits sort of hanging on the bottom. They all look good from the top, but on the underside they're all Silverbolt.

The robits and Superion are great, though. Superion is super duper good.

Probably similar to how the new Devastator is gonna be, greater than the sum of his parts.

Menasor's chest is too chafe-y for good arm articulation, and his hips are... Not the best. He's better as his components.

I'll have to see Defensor for myself, but I think he's going to be the best one.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

On the other hand, while he did review Silverbolt, he also said in the KO Beatdown that he didn't like the other Combiner War figures, soooo...I dunno!
He has also had a long history or saying or wanting to do a review, then not getting to it. Goes all the way back to his earliest videos.

Thew is fickle at heart.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Thew doesnt get paid to do these, its all in his own time. gently caress the complainers.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He doesn't monetize his videos? He really should he gets enough views.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
One optibotimus is enough for poor planet earth.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
He's been getting a fair few freebies from Kapow and Transbridge Omegalock of late. Pre-production samples of 3P stuff like KFC Transistor and Guttur.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

therealjon_ posted:

He doesn't monetize his videos? He really should he gets enough views.

Probably does, but I cant imagine its enough to even out the hours spent making them compared to if he worked those hours at his job irl.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Veg posted:

Thew doesnt get paid to do these, its all in his own time. gently caress the complainers.

Literally no one here is complaining.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Found these bad motherfuckers at the ToyArena booth at Star Wars Celebration, but they wanted $200 for the set, so I laughed and left. They also had Cyclonus but he didn't fit in the shot.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Doing spring cleaning and sorted through a bunch of my G1 stuff trying to separate what's salvageable from what's ruined. My Silverbolt and a few of the other pieces of Superion are pretty hosed (thanks me from 25 years ago) but I found everything for Menasor and put him on the shelf, now I need the rest of the W2 deluxes to have the old and new stand side by side

Anyone know a good place to figure out which toy certain parts go to? I was using TFU to match the guns/accessories based on the toy, but is there a good place to do it the other way around? It might help me narrow down the various sets I'm mysteriously missing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That boxart on Rook is terrifying. :stare:

"I am here to help, citizen. STOP RESISTING."

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Doing spring cleaning and sorted through a bunch of my G1 stuff trying to separate what's salvageable from what's ruined. My Silverbolt and a few of the other pieces of Superion are pretty hosed (thanks me from 25 years ago) but I found everything for Menasor and put him on the shelf, now I need the rest of the W2 deluxes to have the old and new stand side by side

Anyone know a good place to figure out which toy certain parts go to? I was using TFU to match the guns/accessories based on the toy, but is there a good place to do it the other way around? It might help me narrow down the various sets I'm mysteriously missing.

You could just post pictures here. I guarantee between all of us we'll know every single G1 TF accessory ever made.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

http://www.transformerland.com/identify-transformers.html

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

That boxart on Rook is terrifying. :stare:

"I am here to help, citizen. STOP RESISTING."
Yeah the art and bios makes most of them sound like whackjobs. Hot Spot's is "The duty of the Protectobots does not stop when the battle is over. Hot Spot and his team of heroes will come to mankind's defense whenever danger threatens."

I am a hero, comrade.

There are some extra pictures up on TFND with Groove as the chest. Looks good from the front, kinda derpy from the side.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

I think the Combiner Wars gestalts are so good not because they're necessarily good combiners(though they are), but because there's such a degree of "moddability" to them that lets you tweak their design a bit and still have something that looks good and is stable, if not improved from the base design to begin with. The Blackjack alternate chestplate idea is a perfect example, even if I can't really get it to work well on mine.

Besides what you mentioned I also love that you can combine, uncombine and switch around any of them in under 10 minutes. So much play value.

On other news they're making this guy possibly this century:

I dunno isn't his chin supposed to be pointier? maybe they can't replicate the decepticon emblem 100%

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Blackheart posted:

Besides what you mentioned I also love that you can combine, uncombine and switch around any of them in under 10 minutes. So much play value.

On other news they're making this guy possibly this century:

I dunno isn't his chin supposed to be pointier? maybe they can't replicate the decepticon emblem 100%

It's possible they want to avoid Trouble but given the render which shows the rest of the figure(which is like six months old but it matches the zoomed in teaser) it's possibly just Cassy Sark dropping the ball as per usual.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Other posted:

It's possible they want to avoid Trouble but given the render which shows the rest of the figure(which is like six months old but it matches the zoomed in teaser) it's possibly just Cassy Sark dropping the ball as per usual.

You're right, now that I see the whole body it does look off. Wonder if the finished product will look better.

There's also a second "upgrade" kit for CW megatron! As you can see it incorporates seamlessly into the figure and uh

huh.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
That's pretty daft looking. The other one was far more interesting.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Blackheart posted:

It looks like they forgot it's a mask and not his actual face, judging by the intakes on his cheeks.

EDIT: Case in point, only his mask is purple, not his entire skull

3 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 20, 2015

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Blackheart posted:

There's also a second "upgrade" kit for CW megatron! As you can see it incorporates seamlessly into the figure and uh

huh.

Now that Megatron has his boots on he can go play outside in the mud with the other kids!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It does give him ankle tilts which he really could have used.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Hasbro Confirms The Transformers Cinematic Universe

It's both sad and highly amusing to watch all these suits at various companies and studios scrambling to create a _______ Cinematic Universe on the back of the MCU's success, while not understanding a single thing about that success.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Disney owns around 30% of Hasbro, while not a controlling share they do have some significant amount of input. So hasbro copying Marvel's thing probably was not without council.

Mind you Hasbro puts out the Marvel toys themselves.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Disney owns around 30% of Hasbro, while not a controlling share they do have some significant amount of input. So hasbro copying Marvel's thing probably was not without council.

Mind you Hasbro puts out the Marvel toys themselves.

What the hell? Disney does not own any of Hasbro. They have no input on what Hasbro does, they're simply Hasbro's largest license partner. About 30% of Hasbro's output is Disney licensed product, but Disney does not own any part of the company. A possible merger was discussed a few years ago but nothing came of it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like somebody's taint has been reaped.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Keldroc posted:

Hasbro Confirms The Transformers Cinematic Universe

It's both sad and highly amusing to watch all these suits at various companies and studios scrambling to create a _______ Cinematic Universe on the back of the MCU's success, while not understanding a single thing about that success.

Tomorrow I'm going to ask the Transformers team if the Jem movie will be part of the Transformers cinematic universe

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

What the hell? Disney does not own any of Hasbro. They have no input on what Hasbro does, they're simply Hasbro's largest license partner. About 30% of Hasbro's output is Disney licensed product, but Disney does not own any part of the company. A possible merger was discussed a few years ago but nothing came of it.

You are correct. However, Disney wants to change that. Hasbro has been on their radar longer than Marvel was.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Tomorrow I'm going to ask the Transformers team if the Jem movie will be part of the Transformers cinematic universe

Remind them that the G1 cartoon shared a universe with Jem thanks to Hector Ramirez.

Rhyno posted:

You are correct. However, Disney wants to change that. Hasbro has been on their radar longer than Marvel was.

If they really wanted to change that, the merger would have happened. Many believe Disney only started that process in an effort to derail Hasbro's move to purchase Dreamworks Animation.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

That would be outrageous.

Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

I'm sorry, I had to do it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Synergy and Teletran fanfic forthcoming.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Disney was able to torpedo the Dreamworks deal because of just how much stock they own in hasbro. I mean they're pretty invested in the company since Hasbro are the ones who will be the sole producer of all Marvel and Star Wars stuff. Not only that they used giving Hasbro the Frozen and Disney princess stuff as leverage. They've been pretty interested in hasbro for years and it's not of a case if Disney will buy up hasbro, it's more of a question of when.

By the time Episode 8 comes out Arcee will be one of the Disney princesses.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 20, 2015

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

Remind them that the G1 cartoon shared a universe with Jem thanks to Hector Ramirez.

And GI Joe, due to Cobra Commander showing up in both shows (as "Old Snake" in G1)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silhouette posted:

And GI Joe, due to Cobra Commander showing up in both shows (as "Old Snake" in G1)

Actually GI Joe never existed and was just a fever dream made as a ruse by Hideo Kojima that will be used as the ending to metal Gear 6.

Both universes used pop-stars with cathcy songs and advanced war machines to bring about the end of the world

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 20, 2015

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Got this dude in today and he's really pretty!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Disney was able to torpedo the Dreamworks deal because of just how much stock they own in hasbro. I mean they're pretty invested in the company since Hasbro are the ones who will be the sole producer of all Marvel and Star Wars stuff. Not only that they used giving Hasbro the Frozen and Disney princess stuff as leverage. They've been pretty interested in hasbro for years and it's not of a case if Disney will buy up hasbro, it's more of a question of when.

By the time Episode 8 comes out Arcee will be one of the Disney princesses.

They do not own any stock in Hasbro.

Silhouette posted:

You don't even need that. Hector Ramirez connects all three shows, plus Inhumanoids.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Besides it not being Disney, the largest stockholder of Hasbro only owns around 10%.

In Verai's defense, it's not bullshit he made up. TFW posted a story months back that made the 30% Disney claim.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 21, 2015