Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The best thing Ed Leslie ever did was get kicked out of that Canadian mayor's building for shilling sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I'm guessing that mayor wasn't Rob Ford.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Shiki Dan posted:

I'm guessing that mayor wasn't Rob Ford.

Hilariously, it totally was

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8_HnnnHb7s

TipsyMc
Sep 5, 2004

I visited BYOB and all I got was this lousy avatar

triplexpac posted:

I was hoping this existed and it's even more beautiful than I imagined

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_World_Order_members

No mention of the LWO? What?!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

TipsyMc posted:

No mention of the LWO? What?!

Or even the oWn. Scandalous!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And no bWo...

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

best World order

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Great White Hope posted:

The best thing Ed Leslie ever did was get kicked out of that Canadian mayor's building for shilling sandwiches.

Nah, it was showing us that snow can totally shut down the MBTA.

A decade later and no one listened...

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

The American Dream posted:

best World order

They are STILL taking over!!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Smoking is so cool.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I was just reading through this old live report from ECW's Barely Legal in Philadelphia, and...

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67599/ecws-barely-legal-15-years-later-heres-the-original-report.html?p=1

quote:

Before the show, WCW referee Nick Patrick pulled into the parking lot, with Harlem Heat. They were not allowed into the building from what I was told.

That's random

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
im watching fall brawl 2000's main event and its booker t vs kevin nash

and man, for all the poo poo that kevin nash gets for being lazy and not going hard in the ring, he's still better than like a solid chunk of the current roster

dude's moves looked crisp as gently caress

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Yeah, while he only had about 6 moves he sure did work fairly crisp for a big guy.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

And Paul Wight could move in his younger days. Not like the immobile fatass he is now. He got invited to work out with some NFL team but didn't take them up on it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Big Show's early WWF run had him doing splashes and shoulder tackles off the top rope. It was unreal. Too bad doing that was what hosed up his body.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Im surprised Big Show is as mobile as he is.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

oldpainless posted:

Im surprised Big Show is as mobile as he is.

A lot of it has to do with him getting involved with wrestling early in his life (I think he was 23 when he debuted in WCW?). He got put in touch with a lot of people who had dealt with other giant wrestler guys like Andre and so he started getting a lot of medical work and treatments done way earlier in his life than guys like Andre, Khali and Gonzalez.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

im watching fall brawl 2000's main event and its booker t vs kevin nash

and man, for all the poo poo that kevin nash gets for being lazy and not going hard in the ring, he's still better than like a solid chunk of the current roster

dude's moves looked crisp as gently caress

Kevin Nash's offense always looked really good, it was the other stuff he wasn't particularly great at. Well except for the powerbomb. It was really funny watching matches with the Outsiders from 96 and 97 because Nash would be in the ring for at most 3 minutes of a 10+ minute tag (sometimes <2) and the matches were better for it. Hall was still motivated and in shape so he did the hard stuff, Nash came in near the end and did his stuff and the matches worked really well. Raw would be a better show if Kane and Kevin Nash's spots in wrestling were switched but wrestling is funnier to be a fan of because Kevin Nash was able to be Kevin Nash.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

stab posted:

They are STILL taking over!!!!

I no-joke saw a bWo shirt at RAW on monday.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

And Paul Wight could move in his younger days. Not like the immobile fatass he is now. He got invited to work out with some NFL team but didn't take them up on it.

Especially when he was sub-400lbs bodyweight.

I think he might be doing the Andre-standing-on-a-box to look taller thing here.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mean Gene's 5'9, Jimmy Hart's 5'10, Show was 6'10 or so. That must be from when they were saying he was a 7'4 500 POUND GIANT

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I always did like that whole angle that touched off Brutus becoming the Barber. Adrian Adonis beats up Piper, cuts off Bruti's hair, then they have the retirement match where Piper wins with Adrian's sleeperhold and Brutus cuts off his hair. So Piper forever steals Adrian's finisher and Brutus forever steals his gimmick. Legacy stuff is cool.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Why did the bell ring for 50 years during Randy Savage's heel turn?

A) it was funny
B) to make it feel like an emergency siren
C) if he only rang it for 30 seconds he'd think Hogan put them up to it to screw him up when he was doing his flying elbow drop

Also, the main event of Starrcade '96 was supposed to be Sting beating Savage. Why was this changed? A few months out, Turner said "we're paying Hogan a million zillion dollars, use him in the main event or else."

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 20, 2015

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Luigi Thirty posted:

Also, the main event of Starrcade '96 was supposed to be Sting beating Savage. Why was this changed? A few months out, Turner said "we're paying Hogan a million zillion dollars, use him in the main event or else."

"Creative control clause"

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Perdido posted:

"Creative control clause"

In that Monday Night War documentary mini-series on WWE Network, Hogan says he only exercised his creative control clause once and never actually abused it. :rolleyes:

I think he said it was for the match against Jeff Jarrett for the title where Jarrett just laid down.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It's not even the creative control clause as Sullivan had to spend all his time trying to manipulate Hogan into doing what he wanted him to do.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Mercury Crusader posted:

In that Monday Night War documentary mini-series on WWE Network, Hogan says he only exercised his creative control clause once and never actually abused it. :rolleyes:

I think he said it was for the match against Jeff Jarrett for the title where Jarrett just laid down.

Well maybe he didn't EXPLICITLY use his creative control... he would just say "brother I don't think that's going to work, let's try this instead"

He was just making suggestions! You know, like how HBK would make suggestions to Vince all the time, anyone could have done it they just didn't have the heart and drive.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mercury Crusader posted:

Yeah, the one after which Russo cut his shoot promo that Hogan sued over.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm really curious about the history of the WCW booking committee. It's something that doesn't get covered extensively in Death of WCW, probably because nobody really knows. Who was even on the booking committee, and when? I want to know what a booking meeting with Kevin Nash, Kevin Sullivan, and Terry Taylor was like.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The book? I thought it was pretty clear at stating when there was a booking change. Or as clear as anything in that awfully written book was.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm really curious about the history of the WCW booking committee. It's something that doesn't get covered extensively in Death of WCW, probably because nobody really knows. Who was even on the booking committee, and when? I want to know what a booking meeting with Kevin Nash, Kevin Sullivan, and Terry Taylor was like.

Everyone was on the booking committee. Even Disco was on it at one point. I don't think you're ever going to get a timeline of who was on it and when. It didn't matter because it was total chaos and whatever Bischoff or Russo depending on the year said went anyway.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I think the documentary mentioned how they would get a new head of creative every month it seemed like. I think it was Sullivan that said he took over after Russo left for about a month or so and then it went to somebody else because the execs were expecting immediate results or something.

But it also seemed like everybody that was around during the last year of WCW barely knew what was really going on because everybody did their own thing and you never knew who was in charge of what or who was still employed a lot of the time.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I feel like anytime someone talks about WWE's videos on WCW, it should be in quotes like "documentary"

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

triplexpac posted:

I feel like anytime someone talks about WWE's videos on WCW, it should be in quotes like "documentary"

I mean that's a given at this point.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Good news everybody, it's still up, still only on hiatus

http://cgi.superstation.com/sports/thunder/index.htm

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

MassRafTer posted:

Good news everybody, it's still up, still only on hiatus

http://cgi.superstation.com/sports/thunder/index.htm

14 years and a few weeks later and we're still waiting :smith:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
My favorite thing about WCW is that after it died they made Nitro a Raw main event featuring Booker T defending against Buff loving Bagwell and then everyone was confused and hated it, just like a real Nitro :unsmith:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

1st AD posted:

My favorite thing about WCW is that after it died they made Nitro a Raw main event featuring Booker T defending against Buff loving Bagwell and then everyone was confused and hated it, just like a real Nitro :unsmith:

The main event should've been Buff Bagwell vs. X-Pac to determine who the crowd gives less of a poo poo about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

This was a very educational episode of Nitro. For example, we learned that Tony Schiavone coined the phrase Suplex City when Rocco Rock suplexed Jimmy Hart over the top rope.