Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

UltraVariant posted:

When I was Silver 2/3/4 and blamed my team for losing the game, I assumed that as low a rank as Nova 3/4 would be full of good players.

Then I got there and realized it's just Silvers who got lucky breaks.

This is so true.

I helped carry a friend of mine from silver 2 to nova 4 in about 3 weeks.

He's sitting in Nova 4 just fine by himself, he has a little bit better map awareness but otherwise he's still at roughly the same skill level he used to be.

He joked that he'd rather be back in the silvers because at least people in the silver range KNOW they are bad. In the upper novas people start getting a superiority complex and just constantly berate each other for making them lose. Other players are the reason they aren't AK already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Anyone find any good bot shoot training maps? I've tried three or four... The one where they just run around you in circles is probably the best one, there's one where you can make them ADADAD but the problem with that one is it's not realistic adadad - there's no inertia, plus the map is kinda lovely. I saw a pro streamer practicing on one where all the bots realistically adadad but I could not find it in the workshop. Anyone know where to find this?

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

I really liked this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=353366249

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Wanted to watch one of my replays from my most recent match, but it isn't listed on my recent matches. Anyone encountered this issue?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

This map and Aim Botz are both very good.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bot training map

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

This is not the one I was thinking of, but it's the best of the ones I've tried

I think community DM is probably better training, but I like these because I hate being shot in the back so much

Turk February posted:

This map and Aim Botz are both very good.

This one could've been OK but it's the one where there's no inertia when they adadad.. That does add some difficulty, though.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Carol Pizzamom posted:

This one could've been OK but it's the one where there's no inertia when they adadad.. That does add some difficulty, though.

I used Aim Botz for mainly flicking and trying to get a handle on how Valve nerfed the AWP (can't do it anymore), as well as using the walls that only let you see them at head level so I could train my crosshair placement.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I think community DM is probably better training, but I like these because I hate being shot in the back so much

DM sucks because you end up with 16 KennyS's and 4 guys either singing karaoke or yelling the n-word over and over.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Crain posted:

DM sucks because you end up with 16 KennyS's and 4 guys either singing karaoke or yelling the n-word over and over.

I always get one guy with a droning voice trying to make racist jokes, and two kids screaming about skins and the new case.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
bind KP_ENTER "voice_enable 0"

Problem solved.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Turk February posted:

Problem solved.

You still have all the people AWPing around. It's really not that useful when every angle hides a one hit kill.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Crain posted:

You still have all the people AWPing around. It's really not that useful when every angle hides a one hit kill.

Then I suggest you shoot them? It's really not that difficult considering I did it all the time. Try it.

J
Jun 10, 2001

It's just deathmatch, run around like a chicken with your head cutoff and shoot dudes. Voice_enable 0, turn the game volume down so all the gunfire doesn't blow out your ears, and don't give a single gently caress about dying or your ratio because it doesn't matter.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Also turn on some music. I actually like hsdm better because it takes longer to get killed from behind and only the masochists are using awps.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
First MM with my 144hz monitor. I was at 25-5 at halftime. 3 quadkills, but no ace :(

Mostly been playing goonmans and GTA, but I'm very happy with the purchase so far.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Turk February posted:

Problem solved.
bindtoggle kp_enter voice_enable

I have a more convenient version of this bind for 1vX, I mute everyone 3 seconds after my last teammate dies because there's never any useful information given after that point but there's a lot of talking!

Pro tip: if you are talking more than 3 seconds after you die, you are hurting your team's chances of winning! If you die in a 2vX and turn it into a 1vX it is natural to feel powerful emotions like shame and that you are an idiot. You have to accept these things. Talking feels like helping but doesn't!

Super pro tip: this also applies to really good players telling really bad players what to do! If you are so good, how about not dying next time huh?? But seriously however bad they are at counterstrike they are going to be worse at counterstrike and following some dude's instructions.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Crain posted:

yelling the n-word over and over.

thread title

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Suran37 posted:

First MM with my 144hz monitor. I was at 25-5 at halftime. 3 quadkills, but no ace :(

Mostly been playing goonmans and GTA, but I'm very happy with the purchase so far.

i dont want to be a piece of poo poo but if you're silver 3 you need to worry about stuff more important than 144hz gaming

its still an insane cool edge to have but id work more on the basics

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
awptistic could easily be mge, all ranks are poo poo

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I didn't get the magical instant rank up that everyone seems to be getting lately, but I had 5 wins in a row last night and on the last game I finally got DMG. I have succeeded at CS.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Akumos posted:

awptistic could easily be mge, all ranks are poo poo

Unironically this, smurfs keep asking me what my main is.

I'm nova 1. This ranking system is dicks. :unsmith:

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

Unironically this, smurfs keep asking me what my main is.

I'm nova 1. This ranking system is dicks. :unsmith:

im silver 2 but play like a nova... does that mean that i am a nova?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Im my heart, yes.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Magical Rank up achieved. 1 loss 1 tie and 1 win apparently = rank worthy now...

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Magical website to teach smokes. http://www.thewarmup.net/

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

santanotreal posted:

Wanted to watch one of my replays from my most recent match, but it isn't listed on my recent matches. Anyone encountered this issue?

Sometimes it takes me 5-10 min to get my demos to show up

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.

mcvey posted:

FaceIt's free

CEVOs free

Last match I was in, a guy pretty obviously toggled halfway in so his team didn't lose -- aced us with jumping deagle headshots through smoke for a couple rounds. (Since we're posting demos, The Suspect is asstitterino with 1 game and 24 hours in it: steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-RV8FF-jYXtM-Lvnjh-7yDkE-Xo3mA ... also feel free to tell me how terrible I am and that everything I do is wrong)

Anyway, if CEVO and FaceIt are pretty good, I'd rather play on those than continue the MM slog, especially if it gets worse the higher you go. Is there any difference between the two at all, or are they pretty similar?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
It depends on your region.

If you're in EU, FACEIT and ESEA are both good.

If you're in USA, ESEA is good, CEVO is passable and nobody plays FACEIT.

FACEIT pugs can be pretty cumbersome though, since they include map vetos and knife rounds, so it takes a lot of time before you get actually to play.

Smol fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 21, 2015

vehk
Jan 31, 2014
In the US since FACEIT isn't taken serious there are a lot of trolls, game leavers and general all around shitheads on there. Its the only one of the 3 that doesn't install a rootkit on your PC though so thats something to consider.

Personally I could never trust ESEA after the bitcoin thing + the douchebag that runs the place laughing about it.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Smol posted:

FACEIT pugs can be pretty cumbersome though, since they include map vetos and knife rounds, so it takes a lot of time before you get actually to play.

Pay the 7 bucks or whatever and get ESEA. There are a lot of goons that play on it and in general the gaming is good.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I really wish ESEA would find a way to fix multiple teammates having the same color on radar.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smol posted:

Knife rounds unironically the best part, except when some douche runs and hides.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

lmao if you use esea before and especially after the bitcoin thing

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

John DiFool posted:

It's the only option, so people still buy it presuming there isn't a rootkit miner that sends you amazon affiliate ads and installs Ask Toolbar, at least, anymore.

Really, all the best players are on ESEA and if you want to pub ESEA is your best option and if you want to start an amateur team ESEA is your best option too

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

John DiFool posted:

Exit Esea when you aren't playing on it... Solves problem.

e: Also I applaud this from C9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX21XHcdlM4

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

all the rootkits i install come with off buttons

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

John DiFool posted:

all the rootkits i install come with off buttons

Well in any case,

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/20/esea_gaming_bitcoin_fine/

So I highly doubt they're still mining after that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kwilty posted:

Well in any case,

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/20/esea_gaming_bitcoin_fine/

So I highly doubt they're still mining after that.

Mined $3700, got fined $1m, gave 3x$3700 to charity because they felt bad.

Yeah, something tells me they're not going to try something like that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.

This is at least better than that fnatic promo.

First CEVO pug match report: Went 16-4 on inferno, carried pretty hard by one guy. At the half an opponent started yelling at us in Russian and another guy on our team (who was also playing his first CEVO match) took it really personally and started yelling back. How is this different from MM again?

• Locked thread