Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
He showed up in some mainline Batman stories. In one story, it shows one of the resources that The Dark Knight uses to figure out some of his tougher crimes: internet chat rooms with detective enthusiasts. A couple of his other detective buddies frequent the chat room, including Detective Chimp. His buddies know that he's Batman, and he sometimes private chats with them, but for the most part he is internet friends with a handful of goons. It was actually a really well done story by Paul Dini. It's before New 52, but not long before. I couldn't find a full page:

The idea of Batman typing BRB in a chat room tickles me so.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
It's an old western technique Robin. It stands for 'be right back' it allows me to keep optimum performance in the heat of flame wars.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
DC will release statues of both Red Hood and the Arkham Knight this November:

I'm loving those designs.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Seems like a strong indication that AK isn't Jason. Looks like Red Hood will be around to be an rear end in a top hat on his own time, rather than pretending to be somebody else.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I feel like it could go either way. You could argue that since those two Arkham Knight characters were both released as once, it's because they're connected. That was my first instinct before I read your post anyway. Also the usage of guns while being visually associated with Batman, and the color red.

I decided to do some googling about it and found out that Hush doesn't know Batman's secret identity? That seems odd. I must admit I never really did all the side missions in Arkham City. I always intended to do them in New Game plus but then I ended up moving on to something else.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 21, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Arkham Knight sorta sounds like Troy Baker. So that's probably a hint as to who he really is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_vqzYOvgvc
But he's voiced like 5 characters in this games series, who could it be!!!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

achillesforever6 posted:

Talion.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

achillesforever6 posted:

He takes off the mask and it's Nolan North. Not like a character played by Nolan North. I mean the actual Arkham Knight is the real life actor Nolan North. But he's voiced by Troy Baker.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Crappy Jack posted:

He takes off the mask and it's Nolan North. Not like a character played by Nolan North. I mean the actual Arkham Knight is the real life actor Nolan North. But he's voiced by Troy Baker.

That's how Nolan rolls!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Crappy Jack posted:

The Arkham Knight played by Nolan North voiced by Troy Baker (Revolver Ocelot)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lurdiak posted:

All I loving ask is that it's not Joker.

It's Rekoj, a new villain

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Jondan posted:

This would be fine, but the actual reveal probably won't be anywhere near this good.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This, or some variation of this, would be rad as hell. I usually don't see poo poo like this coming. The reveal in Knights of the Old Republic loving blew my mind.

achillesforever6 posted:

He actually, across video games in general, has voiced Batman, Robin, and the Joker. He is voicing Two Face in Arkham Knight. I'm still betting on the Arkham Knight being Batman and the "Batman" you play as being someone else because that would be the raddest.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Crappy Jack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4HCMnD92mM&t=47s

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

I'm going with a boring prediction and I'm assuming the Arkham Knight is some genuinely new goober with a somewhat interesting backstory, one that probably ties back to the events of Arkham City.

The most interesting thing I can think of is that Talia/Ras have another close family member and they're going to be looking for revenge re: Talia's death. They're probably going recruit other folks that blame Bats for their present misfortunes like Red Hood, Harley, etc.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ra's has a son, doesn't he?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Neo Rasa posted:

He actually, across video games in general, has voiced Batman, Robin, and the Joker. He is voicing Two Face in Arkham Knight. I'm still betting on the Arkham Knight being Batman and the "Batman" you play as being someone else because that would be the raddest.

Arkham Knight, by M Night Shamalyan

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Ra's has a son, doesn't he?

He did in BTAS, voiced my Malcolm McDowell, who got the poo poo kicked out of him on a steampunk zepplin By Jonah Hex.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
The lamest would be if it's like Black Mask and Arkham Knight goes down like a punk a short ways into the game or otherwise is not actually a major part of the game's story.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I don't care about the storyline at all. I just hope there's more great mook dialogue and the combat and stealth are refined but not bloated.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
The story in the first two games was fairly dire anyway, even by video game/comic standards. But the gameplay is so good that it doesn't matter. I probably sunk like 50 hours into survival combat challenge rooms before finishing the campaign.
They should really just have comic writers write Batman stories with like a short tie-in game a couple of times a year.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This is getting ridiculous. Teaser for the next trailer release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQuGb3ohnY

It seems that Azrael is back.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seriously? There are trailers for trailers now? gently caress right off.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
"Rated M for 'Mature'"

* person takes a few steps, there's fire in the background *

Uhhhh

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Between the trailer for the trailer and the GOTY version of Arkham City that had GOTY being more prominent than the title of the game, I think Rocksteady is getting a little pretentious.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Between the trailer for the trailer and the GOTY version of Arkham City that had GOTY being more prominent than the title of the game, I think Rocksteady is getting a little pretentious.

Rocksteady are not in charge of their own marketing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ah, my mistake then.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

On another note, behold: http://www.arkhamverse.com/news/2015/04/four-returning-characters-confirmed-via-batman-arkham-knight-website/

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Robin looks terrible with a shaved head.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CuwiKhons posted:

Robin looks terrible with a shaved head.

he had that look in the other games too.

man, if you could play as all 4 of those guys in challenge maps I'd lose my poo poo. I hated that Origins gave you only 2 loving characters after having 4 in Arkham City. Those plus Red Hood/Quinn would make this game amazing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

man, if you could play as all 4 of those guys in challenge maps I'd lose my poo poo. I hated that Origins gave you only 2 loving characters after having 4 in Arkham City. Those plus Red Hood/Quinn would make this game amazing.

Origins had 3. Bruce Wayne played completely differently from Batman.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Can anyone find the very first Trailer/teaser for Arkham Knight? I think there was something before the 'Father to son' one and could have sworn it uses the Arkham Asylum Scarecrow voice actor.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah, but he had his hood up in those games so it wasn't immediately apparent that he looked stupid

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

khwarezm posted:

Can anyone find the very first Trailer/teaser for Arkham Knight? I think there was something before the 'Father to son' one and could have sworn it uses the Arkham Asylum Scarecrow voice actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-v5u8b8YpA

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope there's story content for all.

Or that Nightwing takes over for Bruce as Batman during the game or something.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Well, I'm gonna need two new computers strapped together to meet those minimum requirements.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Origins had 3. Bruce Wayne played completely differently from Batman.

you're right but man bruce wayne was an incredibly boring option and had like way less animations than batman

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

you're right but man bruce wayne was an incredibly boring option and had like way less animations than batman

I enjoyed him more than Deathstroke actually. I thought his ability set was super fun. v:shobon:v

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm hoping they actually throw in another female character. Cassandra Cain as Batgirl would be pretty awesome.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wasn't Deathstroke basically a copied move version of Robin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I'm one of those crazies who actually really liked Catwoman, traversal mechanics and all. I mean, not the dialogue, because JESUS, but other than that.

• Locked thread