Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Finally, a new Lolo game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Instead of a new character he announces a drastic overhaul to Lucina to make her different and better than she ever was.

And then she still ends up in low tier.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Instead of a new character he announces a drastic overhaul to Lucina to make her different and better than she ever was.

And then she still ends up in low tier.
If you want a high-tier Lucina, play Shulk.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

people who play melee are loving crazy

This is true but maybe a little unfair. I don't think people who are really into anything else are significantly less crazy.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you want a high-tier Lucina, play Fire Emblem.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The character's name is Ike, although I can understand the confusion due to his tendency to shout "I AM FIRE EMBLEM" when attacking.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you want a high-tier Lucina, play Shulk.

I do play Shulk, just not as often as my top 5 (R.O.B., Bowser, Duck Hunt, Lucario, and Dark Pit, though Mewtwo might make it a top 6).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They should rename R.O.B. to R.O.Y.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Rob's our bob!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sakurai will announce that he is removing one of the fire emblem characters from the game forever, and it is up to the fans to vote which.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mabels big day posted:

Sakurai will announce that he is removing one of the fire emblem characters from the game forever, and it is up to the fans to vote which.

"We are pleased to announce that we are removing the most boring fire emblem character from the roster, that being Robin."

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Count Bleck posted:

"We are pleased to announce that we are removing the most boring fire emblem character from the roster, that being Robin."

Bullshit, they are not taking the actually unique Fire Emblem character from me. :argh:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

delete marth, nobody gives a gently caress about that rear end in a top hat. his last game sold so poorly it almost killed the franchise

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mabels big day posted:

*clicks "all of the above" option* *also clicks "other" and types "fox"*

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Count Bleck posted:

I still can't believe they added Robin before Batman.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

all fire emblems are beautiful

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Kelp Plankton posted:

delete marth, nobody gives a gently caress about that rear end in a top hat. his last game sold so poorly it almost killed the franchise

Too bad it wasn't enough.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Marth is objectively better than Lucina but I only see Lucinas online.

Smokey Blue
Jun 18, 2005

Domo arigato Mr. Anubis
Wii U Gamecube adapter is currently in stock on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ1FI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429633150

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Marth is objectively better than Lucina but I only see Lucinas online.

Fewer people want to gently caress Marth

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Countblanc posted:

:agreed:
Marth is too girlish for my tastes.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

lol @ 30$ vs 20

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Countblanc posted:

Is that why so many people play Diddy Kong?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Is that why so many people play Diddy Kong?

It's.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Still don't get why people are so desperate for that specific gamecube adapter when you can but a better one for maybe the same or cheaper with the bonus of having it work on VC games and even PC stuff.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Dizz posted:

Still don't get why people are so desperate for that specific gamecube adapter when you can but a better one for maybe the same or cheaper with the bonus of having it work on VC games and even PC stuff.

Because :spergin:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
So I looked up the history for Indie character Shantae:

quote:

-$800,000+ kickstarter funds for latest game
    -three games so far, primarily on Nintendo consoles, one back as far as the Game Boy Color
    -series popularity has been picking up steadily after WayForward went full-on indie, last two games were wildly successful
    -has some Japanese following, translation by Inti-Creates in progress for the third and fourth games
    -people's general response: "hurr she's indie she has no chance"

...and compared it to Indie frontrunner Shovel Knight:

quote:

-$300,000+ kickstarter funds
    -just one game
    -very popular among Western shores
    -no Japanese following, Japanese translation hasn't even begun yet
    -people's general response: "HOLY poo poo HE'S PERFECT"

I don't get it. Shantae should realistically have the highest chance out of all the other Indie characters, yet people poo poo on her just because she's Indie. Meanwhile other Indie characters get standing ovations even though they should be damned for the same reason.

guys my brain can't parse this logic help :psyduck:

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 21, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dizz posted:

You can make the GameCube adapter work for PC with little difficulty.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SL the Pyro posted:

I don't get it. Shantae should realistically have the highest chance out of all the other Indie characters, yet people poo poo on her just because she's Indie. Meanwhile other Indie characters get standing ovations even though they should be damned for the same reasons.

guys my brain can't parse this logic help

More people want to gently caress Shovel Knight

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SL the Pyro posted:

I don't get it. Shantae should realistically have the highest chance out of all the other Indie characters, yet people poo poo on her just because she's Indie. Meanwhile other Indie characters get standing ovations even though they should be damned for the same reasons.

guys my brain can't parse this logic help
Nobody gives a poo poo about indie characters in Smash, they want to see popular video game characters from the 90s. Nintendo balances this out by giving us characters from newer Nintendo properties. Nobody cares about the shovel man, breast genie, hammer child, block man, or tiny oft-dying Indiana Jones.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I poo poo on Shantae and Shovel Knight equally.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about indie characters in Smash, they want to see popular video game characters from the 90s. Nintendo balances this out by giving us characters from newer Nintendo properties. Nobody cares about the shovel man, breast genie, hammer child, block man, or tiny oft-dying Indiana Jones.

This is pretty much it, you put Shantae next to even a relatively niche character like Phoenix Wright or Banjo-Kazooie and I know who I'll vote for every time

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I want to stress again that the internet rallying around Shantae and Shovel Knight is especially dumb now that it appears Ryu is coming, because Ryu is so obviously and drastically more significant to the entire planet despite having no heat in the polls at all. All the official third-party guests so far make the indie suggestions look like weird jokes.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Trying to beat master hand with little mac is like peeling your fingernails off one by one. Any tips? There doesn't seem to be any way to consistently damage it beyond plinking away four health at a time with your terrible up-b.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

I care about the breast genie.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I want to stress again that the internet rallying around Shantae and Shovel Knight is especially dumb now that it appears Ryu is coming, because Ryu is so obviously and drastically more significant to the entire planet despite having no heat in the polls at all. All the official third-party guests so far make the indie suggestions look like weird jokes.

plus if Capcom gets two characters I want Doctor Robotnik added to the game too

and i guess they can being in Nightmare from Soul Calibur hes pretty cool. no, wait. dig dug. add dig dug

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yeah, except for how Shovel Knight is way cooler and better than Ryu

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Ariong posted:

Trying to beat master hand with little mac is like peeling your fingernails off one by one. Any tips? There doesn't seem to be any way to consistently damage it beyond plinking away four health at a time with your terrible up-b.

When he's down closer to the ground you can rack up big damage with his Up-Smash

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ryu is videogame royalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

plus if Capcom gets two characters I want Doctor Robotnik added to the game too

and i guess they can being in Nightmare from Soul Calibur hes pretty cool. no, wait. dig dug. add dig dug

I don't think it's a matter of each third-party company getting a quota. If Capcom has 2 characters that Sakurai thinks should appear and Namco only has 1, then that's how it goes.

Heck, even with Sega having a big stable of well-liked characters, only Sonic had that famous 90s rivalry with Mario, so I don't know if there's a second Sega fighter who would feel as right as him. Maybe Tails?

• Locked thread