Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Adam Bowen posted:

The gameplay is ok, it could have been a pretty good game but the focus was clearly on wacky references first. 3.50 isn't a horrible deal or anything, but there are so many great games that I personally don't ever see the point of playing a decent or mediocre one even if it s cheap.

No. Play all games. All the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Does anyone have a link to the old SR3 thread? Specifically, someone I think had a post about which order to play the missions in it that made sense...I thought I had it bookmarked. :(

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Where's my surprise anime bonus?

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

SweetBro posted:

Where's my surprise anime bonus?

its me, im the anime this time

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
You're surprise anime is already on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/340730/

What the gently caress is a bokken?

So remember that mecha strategy RPG on steam? Since Visual Novels are doing so well, they decided to just make a straight up waifu dating sim visual novel set in the same universe rather than more mecha battles in space. Because why the gently caress not. This is the future.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It's a wooden practice sword. Why it's not translated as such is beyond me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ekster posted:

It's a wooden practice sword. Why it's not translated as such is beyond me.
Because if you just said "wooden practice sword" it could also be a shinai, and that would go against the original writer's keikaku. Keikaku means plan.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's a stick. Say you chased 'em with a stick.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Because if you just said "wooden practice sword" it could also be a shinai, and that would go against the original writer's keikaku. Keikaku means plan.

Proving that facts are not useless. Bunch of baka gaijin itt.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

FactsAreUseless posted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

:stare:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I might be in glorious Nippon for a couple of weeks next month, anything I should do? I'm gonna buy a shitload of Dragon Quest toys but besides that I don't know.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Adam Bowen posted:

I might be in glorious Nippon for a couple of weeks next month, anything I should do? I'm gonna buy a shitload of Dragon Quest toys but besides that I don't know.

Where at? More Tokyo based? Osaka?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Adam Bowen posted:

Post on SA complaining about Japan a lot, that's all the rage around here. It'll feel more authentic because you're actually there

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Get drunk in a bunch of gay bars and then pass out in the road in the middle of Tokyo.

Well, that's when I did anyway.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
If you need a quick nap, and Internet Cafe is great for it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

I might be in glorious Nippon for a couple of weeks next month, anything I should do?

go to karaoke bars all night until you get laid by a person of your preferred gender

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

Surround yourself in moe and kawaii and succumb to it. Come back enlightened. Spread the good word upon your return.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

theultimo posted:

Where at? More Tokyo based? Osaka?

A few days in each area.

I'm going to make sure to let people know how bad anime is, that's another goal of mine. Hopefully I can stop the scourge of anime at the source.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

A few days in each area.

I'm going to make sure to let people know how bad anime is, that's another goal of mine. Hopefully I can stop the scourge of anime at the source.

You will be you against an entire nation that has had anime ingrained into their minds since they were born. You stand no chance. Give up your humanity and face to anime.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I don't think a majority of the people in Japan will need you to convince them to hate anime.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

I don't think a majority of the people in Japan will need you to convince them to hate anime.
Yeah unless its legacy anime like Doraemon or One Piece anime is far far less popular in Japan than the Internet would like you to think.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I won 19 million gald in Xillia 2 by playing poker.

I'm not even in post game and the debt is almost all gone.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I keep trying but I just don't think I can get into Majora's Mask

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
trip report: I bought Retro City Rampage and despite the fact that there were about thirty references packed into the first two minutes I'm generally enjoying driving around an 8-bit city and changing my hair and playing arcade games, a solid $3.50 purchase :waycool:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

At one point you gotta repossess some vehicles for a loan shark, and you steal a bicycle from a guy who looks an awful lot like Pee Wee Herman. He goes "Oh no! I just waxed it!" and that made me laugh pretty hard.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

my gaming laptop died, please have a moment of silence for it and me cause it's gonna be in the shop for like two weeks and im sad

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

At one point you gotta repossess some vehicles for a loan shark, and you steal a bicycle from a guy who looks an awful lot like Pee Wee Herman. He goes "Oh no! I just waxed it!" and that made me laugh pretty hard.

:agreed:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nasgate posted:

Ohhhhh banana.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

A Spider Covets posted:

my gaming laptop died, please have a moment of silence for it and me cause it's gonna be in the shop for like two weeks and im sad

the cnn end of the world video.mp4

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

A Spider Covets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

thank u, friends. my wounds will heal with time

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Out There Somewhere is 19 American pennies on Steam right now. I think it's uh safe to say it's worth it.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I'm gonna buy Killing Floor 2, ignoring my rule against Early Access.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm gonna buy Killing Floor 2, ignoring my rule against Early Access.

its good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

e3 sucks but i'm still working on the road to e3 thread and i'll post it this week since it's single-digit weeks away now

is there even any game people want to see at e3 this year. i guess new fallout? video games suck

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Sony does the in-theater thing again, that was actually pretty cool and fun to attend. The Jack Daniels probably helped, though.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Quest For Glory II posted:

e3 sucks but i'm still working on the road to e3 thread and i'll post it this week since it's single-digit weeks away now

is there even any game people want to see at e3 this year. i guess new fallout? video games suck

Evidently Alan Wake remaster and sequel from what I've heard, but the only thing I'm waiting for is the Konami press conference to see how badly they can screw up this year.

For example:

https://youtu.be/f6OCnvvkSLM

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Fallout 4 and maybe someone going "oh TLOU2 is not only in development but will be out by December" would probably be the only things to really excite me at e3. That and Konami or Ubisoft having a Microsoft 2013 level poo poo-show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm stoked to see what nintendo puts up this year

• Locked thread