Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Is it crazy to make a two handed sword sorc specializing in crits? Could that even work in the end game? Or do you lose too much toughness in the switch from DK (my current char) to sorc to use two handers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Is it crazy to make a two handed sword sorc specializing in crits? Could that even work in the end game? Or do you lose too much toughness in the switch from DK (my current char) to sorc to use two handers?

Completely and utterly dominant is what 2h Crit sorc is. Critical Surge to keep yourself topped off with health from every crit, and your bread and butter combo is Critical Charge + Uppercut. Evil Hunter from the Fighter's Guild line if you want even more crits.

To give you an idea, I solo'd every single World Boss, Dolmen, and Public Dungeon in Cadwell's Gold (the VR6-VR10 areas) with my 2h crit sorc.

Hunding's Rage and Night's Silence/Night Mother's sets for maximum crits. Silence for Stamina/Stamina Regen Bonuses, Mother for more crits.

Also, the AD dialogue is hilarious

You can already guess what I chose :smugdog:

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 21, 2015

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

I like having a sword and shield so I can lie to myself I'm not completely a filthy mage :ohdear:

edit unless you mean keeping a retro staff on hand in inventory and switch out destro for it. Could work too, skill points a bit tight right now though with all my crafting skills.

Yes yes I meant switch between destro and restro. I see your point though with Skill Points. I'm not doing any crafting on my DK so all my points go into making things die or keeping me alive.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Scyantific posted:

Completely and utterly dominant is what 2h Crit sorc is. Critical Surge to keep yourself topped off with health from every crit, and your bread and butter combo is Critical Charge + Uppercut. Evil Hunter from the Fighter's Guild line if you want even more crits.

To give you an idea, I solo'd every single World Boss, Dolmen, and Public Dungeon in Cadwell's Gold (the VR6-VR10 areas) with my 2h crit sorc.

Hunding's Rage and Night's Silence/Night Mother's sets for maximum crits. Silence for Stamina/Stamina Regen Bonuses, Mother for more crits.

Sounds awesome. I think I'll switch my two handed build over to a sorc then and morph my DK into a sword and board character. Can you throw up a link on esohead for what you're using?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Sounds awesome. I think I'll switch my two handed build over to a sorc then and morph my DK into a sword and board character. Can you throw up a link on esohead for what you're using?

Here you go. It's the basic setup I use. I finish it out with potions, stat food, and 2 armor sets (Hunding's and Night's Silence).

Some of that stuff is interchangeable, like if I want survivability, I'll swap out Evil Hunter for either Bound Armaments (Bound Armor Stamina Morph) or Boundless Storm.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

NuckmasterJ posted:

Yes yes I meant switch between destro and restro. I see your point though with Skill Points. I'm not doing any crafting on my DK so all my points go into making things die or keeping me alive.

One nice thing with sword and shield caster is you only really need the weapon passives and don't need the abilities if you aren't actively tanking, now that I'm fifty in blacksmithing/clothier/woodworking might pare back the points spent in them. Hirelings aren't really impressing me like they used to. I get a gold upgrade item maybe a couple times a week but without those points I could work towards maxing out another weapon or more class skills.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Are guild invites lagging behind?

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Sorcerers can literally be anything. Templars too.

At launch, I had a crit. surge/dual weild one that was basically a whirlwind of death with steel tornado and evil hunter.

One of my favorite things about this game is the numbers of flavors you can play each class.

I just rolled an Altmer Destro Nightblade alt and it already feels more like playing a witch/warlock than anything remotely assassin-y. I'll probably try to make it a vampire and throw in entropy for more craziness.

RUM HAM fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 21, 2015

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

By the way, if any of you EP Goons need werewolf bites, mine is up. Hit me up when I'm online tonight @Creatine_Monohydrate

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Magmarashi posted:

Are guild invites lagging behind?

Saying you are a cat doesn't say what you want an invite to.

There are several guilds and cats can be any side if you paid enough.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

Saying you are a cat doesn't say what you want an invite to.

There are several guilds and cats can be any side if you paid enough.

Oh, well, I have since made a Redguard to roll around as so DC for sure, please, my bad

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer
Thanks for the advice earlier guys. I'll probably stick to the Elf Sorcerer and give my Dunmer DK one more chance as a light armor guy before I give up and make him the crafting weakling he was born to be. :unsmith:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
How about we just invite everybody to all of the guilds and if someone doesn't want to take advantage of extra guild banks and stores then they can leave the ones they don't want to be a part of?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Sure, you first.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

NuckmasterJ posted:

If your trying to decide which class you want to play, check out ESO Head. You can do a character setup there and look at all the skills and morphs of each skill to get an idea of what you want, and how your going to get it.

A DK is incredibly survivable. You can and will be rolling through PVE content with ease and if you have your skills setup right you can stand face to face with anyone and last quite awhile. I've seen 5 or 6 players attacking a DK trying to bring him down and he lived a solid 20 seconds with multiple Templars and Sorcs blasting him with no support to heal him. Self heals, self shields and decent CC make him a beast.

My Dragon Knight is going to look like this when I'm done with him. Great survivability, great dps and I can switch him over to full sword/board for tanking dungeons.

NB is more.. I'm not sure honestly. I have not spent much time with them. You can look at the skills and search for NB builds and see if you like it.

If you can do that with a Dunmer, I'd love to see what kind of one-man-armying I could do using a Nord with it's racials.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Krakatoah posted:

If you can do that with a Dunmer, I'd love to see what kind of one-man-armying I could do using a Nord with it's racials.

Haha, Nords are basically built to tank. Racial bonuses alone are like 30% HP regen and 6% damage reduction.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
I'm level 8 but successfully running quests against lvl 12 mobs. Is my xp gain gimped for fighting outside my current level or should I always be fighting what I can kill?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Krakatoah posted:

You'd be tankier for sure, but part of why dinner is so good for DK us that you get a passive that buffs flame damage and DKs do a lot of flame damage. They also get flame resist which makes going vampire easier.

I'm not saying Nord isn't good, its just going to be a slightly different build with slightly different focus. Also don't care too much about race here, the effect we are talking about is small.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

DARPA posted:

I'm level 8 but successfully running quests against lvl 12 mobs. Is my xp gain gimped for fighting outside my current level or should I always be fighting what I can kill?

There's a cap so that you're not making like 30x what you could be doing and i think you stop getting more exp from harder mobs five levels up, but that's just my guess.

falk1856
Sep 15, 2012
I'm running an imperial templar with EP and bashing mudcrabs in the face(?) with my shield. Can I get guild invites? @falk1856

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

eSporks posted:

You'd be tankier for sure, but part of why dinner is so good for DK us that you get a passive that buffs flame damage and DKs do a lot of flame damage. They also get flame resist which makes going vampire easier.

I'm not saying Nord isn't good, its just going to be a slightly different build with slightly different focus. Also don't care too much about race here, the effect we are talking about is small.

Eh, I'll be smashing heads in either way won't I? Hopefully the heads of people who scream about racials all the time.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

They have signups for beta on PS4/XBone. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/beta

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'm really enjoying Nightblade even though it's a bit squishy when facing certain tough enemies or like groups of three. I have my 5th and Ultimate slots (Deathstroke and Shadowy Disguise) bound to my mousewheel. So I see a dude, roll my wheel back to turn invisible, run up, press 1 for Surprise attack, hit him with either a charge attack or ultimate, then Killers Blade and boom, anythings dead. Takes like two seconds.

valnas
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I used to play an AD nightblade, but I've gone over to the crimson kings and rolled a sauceror.

@opwel if ya pvp

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Here you go. It's the basic setup I use. I finish it out with potions, stat food, and 2 armor sets (Hunding's and Night's Silence).

Some of that stuff is interchangeable, like if I want survivability, I'll swap out Evil Hunter for either Bound Armaments (Bound Armor Stamina Morph) or Boundless Storm.

Would working towards this build be fine for leveling (from scratch)? Or are there better sorcerer set ups that make leveling easier?

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
I played in early beta and hated ESO; I came back for the welcome back weekend and loved it. Bought the game (including the pack where you can play any race in any faction [for $42 total because Russians]).

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

rlloyd3 posted:

I played in early beta and hated ESO; I came back for the welcome back weekend and loved it. Bought the game (including the pack where you can play any race in any faction [for $42 total because Russians]).

Watch out buying from the russians as that can sometimes lock you out of ever using the in game crown store.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Darkmoon2k posted:

Would working towards this build be fine for leveling (from scratch)? Or are there better sorcerer set ups that make leveling easier?
Other than maybe group dungeons, the PVE is really easy. Get yourself some DPS, and AOE and maybe a heal and you can power through it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Big Floppy posted:

They have signups for beta on PS4/XBone. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/beta

Speaking of, I read somewhere about cutting your character over to the ps4 version when it launches. Is that a closed offer or is it still available?

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Speaking of, I read somewhere about cutting your character over to the ps4 version when it launches. Is that a closed offer or is it still available?

From what I have read and hear from the streamers its still an option to create a clone of your current account to port over to either console. But you have to have an account made before June 30th of 2014 in order to be eligible to transfer. As an added bonus you have a heavy discount for the console version of the game as well. The transfer itself is $20.

Edit:
Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and activates the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released. The offer will allow you to begin playing immediately on the PC/Mac, and then add the PS4 or Xbox One version and transfer the character(s) you have created and developed. And, you don’t have to pay full price for the game twice. For $20, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time.
Found this info here: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update

Big Floppy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 22, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Darkmoon2k posted:

Ideally you'd want to level as many skill lines as you can early on, since you'll be going through levels rather quickly, and at low levels, it is NOT worth spending the time to research enough traits to get something like Hunding's Rage + Night Mother, because you'll be burning through those sets quickly as you change material tiers.

It's doable, but not as easy for someone in the starting levels as opposed to someone who's running through the Veteran content.

And while I'm mentioning Veteran content, let me give a word of warning to those interested in doing pledges: DO NOT do PUGs for veteran pledges. If you have to do a veteran pledge, make sure you get in with a group of high rank Veteran players (V12+).

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
Someone poop me a guild invite please. EP if that matters. @MissingReel

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Went through the last couple pages and (re)sent invites to those who hadn't gotten one or may have bounced (it's sensitive to spaces at the end of the account name when copy/pasting).

If anyone still waiting for invites, please let me know on here or ingame: @Creatine_Monohydrate.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

@Gwenno will take an invite to DC. I suck at this game but at least maybe I can buy stuff from goons.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

HungryMedusa posted:

@Gwenno will take an invite to DC. I suck at this game but at least maybe I can buy stuff from goons.

account not found
"@account name" or "character name"

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
@squarpushr

could i get an invite from DC + EH?

Lvl two, I dont think ive made a decision yet as to covenant have I? Or is that what ive chosen in the beginning, I chose the first option.

Either way, could someone invite me?

Havent played since 1 month in from release, heard good things, trying again.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

all apologies posted:

@squarpushr

could i get an invite from DC + EH?

Lvl two, I dont think ive made a decision yet as to covenant have I? Or is that what ive chosen in the beginning, I chose the first option.

Either way, could someone invite me?

Havent played since 1 month in from release, heard good things, trying again.

It's one of the first options when selecting your race/class. What zone did it start you in after the tutorial?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darkmoon2k posted:

Someone poop me a guild invite please. EP if that matters. @MissingReel

*clenches really hard*

Sorry nothing came out.

Apocopriest
Apr 18, 2008
Cleavin' dudes all day err day in the name of the Lord as a Templar, would love an invite to the EP guild @Aexis :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

account not found
"@account name" or "character name"

Aah, sorry. Thanks for the invite. Told you I suck!

• Locked thread