Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Whoah this is great! :aaaaa:

Aurain posted:

The video is beyond amazing, but the music isn't nearly up to that standard. :(

Really? I thought it was a pretty good on the music too. Maybe I've just seen one too many totally lovely mixes where the stuff barely fits together, though. Actually, there's one example right on that same guy's channel - I love that animation he's done for the latest OP, but the music is all over the place and sped up way too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Aurain posted:

The video is beyond amazing, but the music isn't nearly up to that standard. :(

The video is a huge step above the song, but the song itself is still good. Not everything can be Libera Me From Slam.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Aurain posted:

If ends on a cliffhanger with DIO about to decapitate Jotaro and kill Polpol, I want the OP of the next episode to be only MUDAMUDAMUDA and the Star Platinum bit to be ZAAAAA WARUDOOOOOO!

So a DavidPro version of this?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Archenteron posted:

So a DavidPro version of this?

Eggu-sact-ly

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How come the OP is telling me to buy Part 3 but according to Amazon it's not out until August?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
All of Part 3 has already been released in the United States. You're thinking of the third volume of the Part 1 omnibus printing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So what levels of time manipulation haven't been used for a main villain yet? I know there's stopping time, rewinding time, skipping forward in time (sorta), and accelerating time. I guess the next one will be slowing time down?

Speaking of abilities, Avdol having the ability to summon a sensor flame that can detect nearby Stand Users makes so many of the previous conflicts look silly considering he could've probably used that a million times over. Maybe that's how he found Polnareff during the Judgment fight, though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Speaking of abilities, Avdol having the ability to summon a sensor flame that can detect nearby Stand Users makes so many of the previous conflicts look silly considering he could've probably used that a million times over. Maybe that's how he found Polnareff during the Judgment fight, though.
The way I understood it the flame only detected life, which would make it fairly useless in the heavily populated venues most Part 3 fights take place.

Would've instantly trivialized The Sun, however.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

To be fair, summoning a flame is probably the last thing you want to do while being attacked by The Sun.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So what levels of time manipulation haven't been used for a main villain yet? I know there's stopping time, rewinding time, skipping forward in time (sorta), and accelerating time. I guess the next one will be slowing time down?

time compression

the obvious time travel seems like it could only fit in well as a limited protagonist power or circumstance that followed the rule of 'what happened happened'

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

So Ultimecia was a Stand User the whole time. That explains everything.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/41255

JoJolion 42 translation for HWMN

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

I can't wait to see the anime thread's reaction to Iggy sacrificing himself for Polnareff.

Or Avdol dying for real this time.

The Last Train Home is gonna start hitting hard real soon. That photo is going to be the worst.

this a thousand times :smith:

How long do you guys think It'll take for Part 4 to be greenlit? Remember about last year the Official twitter said it wasn't yet

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 21, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Race Realists posted:

this a thousand times :smith:

How long do you guys think It'll take for Part 4 to be greenlit? Remember about last year the Official twitter said it wasn't yet
I imagine it depends on Blu ray sales. People at David Pro have said they'd like to continue doing JoJo, someone there even posted sketches of Giorno and Abbachio asking people to buy the blu-rays, but I guess it depends on how much money it makes em. I'm sure they'll do a teaser for Part 4 at the end and god will that be some hype poo poo.

e: Unrelated, but I saw an idea that Part 7's ED should be Owner of a Lonely Heart and I think that'd be pretty cool.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 21, 2015

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

Moltrey posted:

e: Unrelated, but I saw an idea that Part 7's ED should be Owner of a Lonely Heart and I think that'd be pretty cool.

I haven't heard that before, but I think that song makes a "cameo" in Battle Tendency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjqVgj3Qrzw

edit: Seems like the comments agree.

Mugticket fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 21, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Moltrey posted:

I imagine it depends on Blu ray sales. People at David Pro have said they'd like to continue doing JoJo, someone there even posted sketches of Giorno and Abbachio asking people to buy the blu-rays, but I guess it depends on how much money it makes em. I'm sure they'll do a teaser for Part 4 at the end and god will that be some hype poo poo.

Part 4's ED has to be All-Stars. Summer of 99, baby! Accept no imitations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mugticket posted:

I haven't heard that before, but I think that song makes a "cameo" in Battle Tendency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjqVgj3Qrzw

edit: Seems like the comments agree.
drat, Part 2 is the gift that keeps on giving.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

God, that's like Walk Like An Egyptian level of song that works almost too well. I kinda want Part 4's soundtrack to have some hip hop influences to capitalize on that late 90s time.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 21, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All Star for the first half, Killer Queen for the second. I don't care if it's too on the nose, it's got a great intro that can easily give us Roundabout-tier segues.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Moltrey posted:

drat, Part is the gift that keeps on giving.

God, that's like Walk Like An Egyptian level of song that work almost too well. I kinda want Part 4's soundtrack to have some hip hop influences to capitalize on that late 90s time

Waffleman_ posted:

All Star for the first half, Killer Queen for the second. I don't care if it's too on the nose, it's got a great intro that can easily give us Roundabout-tier segues.

It's "All-stars" for the first half and "Good Vibrations" for the second half. Terrible 90's hip hop that fits the towns general feeling and goofiness.

Or maybe swap those. The final episode where Joseph says the kids in Morioh have a golden heart segways perfectly into All Stars. 'All that glitters is gold..."

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpvA3GQuvYU See, fits perfectly. Watching the part where the full cast lines up just reminds me how much I loving love literally every character in part 4. God I hope David Pro gets to do it.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 21, 2015

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

It's "All-stars" for the first half and "Good Vibrations" for the second half. Terrible 90's hip hop that fits the towns general feeling and goofiness.

Or maybe swap those. The final episode where Joseph says the kids in Morioh have a golden heart segways perfectly into All Stars. 'All that glitters is gold..."

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpvA3GQuvYU See, fits perfectly.

neither of those songs are hip hop lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

neither of those songs are hip hop lol

I didn't say All Stars was and Good vibrations is among that plague of WhiteManHipHop that the 90's was infested with. See for further example: Vanilla Ice.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Waffleman_ posted:

We got Walk Like An Egyptian. There is no such thing as "too on the nose".

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

We got Walk Like An Egyptian. There is no such thing as "too on the nose".

Which went away once they actually hit Egypt. Nice one davepro.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It was a nice one, actually

Though it would have been fun to keep walk like an egyptian after all the characters start dying.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kurtofan posted:

It was a nice one, actually

Though it would have been fun to keep walk like an egyptian after all the characters start dying.
*Vanilla Ice obliterates Avdol, Polnareff starts crying, the screen fades out* ALL THE OLD PAINTINGS ON THE TOMB, THEY DO THE SAND DANCE

vvv No need to walk like an Egyptian anymore when you've been walking like one all the way to Egypt.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 21, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh I'm fully on board with Last Train Home, I just thought it was semi-ironic that the Eqypt song goes away in Egypt.

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"
It's lesser known and more alternative music, but Mathew Good Band's "Hello Time Bomb", would be my choice for a Diamond is Unbreakable ending song. The song even came out in 1999!

Mucktron fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 21, 2015

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Personally, Purple Toupee by TMBG seems like a good fit.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MelvinBison posted:

Personally, Purple Toupee by TMBG seems like a good fit.

"I will erase you." SOMEONE STUCK THEIR FINGER IN THE PRESIDENTS EAR, IT WASN'T TOO MUCH LATER THEY CAME OUT WITH JOHNSON'S WAX

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

REM's Stand is a really good choice as well.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Pomp posted:

"I will erase you." SOMEONE STUCK THEIR FINGER IN THE PRESIDENTS EAR, IT WASN'T TOO MUCH LATER THEY CAME OUT WITH JOHNSON'S WAX

Fully the equal of Roundabout starting as Zeppelli faces down Tarkus.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hoobajoo posted:

REM's Stand is a really good choice as well.

Or shiny happy people

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Pomp posted:

Stop. I was already sold on it.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq5oqY3-vhg

Sandra Sha, an old person whos never even heard of anime posted:

This song speaks to me. It's a story...maybe like someone taking the last train-they are leaving this world. It's sweet and sad, and reminds me of friends that I've known that are no longer sharing a journey on this place that we call earth.

:stare:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Well it's called Last Train Home, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to evoke this kind of emotion.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's almost as if they picked that song for a reason.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Araki is on record as having explicitly picked that song for that reason.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

songs only have meaning when they're applied to anime

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

A lot of people (myself included) wanted part 2's ending to be Owner of a Lonely Heart. I think Roundabout ended up being a better voice though.

All Star for part 4's ending is perfect and I really want it, but much like DIO's songs it's not under any of Warner's record labels in Japan so I doubt we'll get it. If we get the very top song of 1999 like part 3 did with 1987's Walk Like an Egyptian, it'd be Believe by Cher. It doesn't really fit at all though.
There was a rumor going around that Araki mentioned if he could choose which song to use for part 4 it would be Build Me Up Buttercup. But I've never found a source.

Oh, while we're at it Steel Ball Run should use Carry on Wayward Son. Imagine it starting just after Gyro dies.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Oh, while we're at it Steel Ball Run should use Carry on Wayward Son. Imagine it starting just after Gyro dies.

"This has truly, truly, been a roundabout path."

I WILL REMEMBER YOU //
THE SILHOUETTE WILL CHARGE THE VIEW //
OF DISTANT ATMOSPHERE //
CALL IT MORNING DRIVING THROUGH THE SOUND AND //
EVEN IN THE VALLEEEEEYYYYYYYY

you can hear the tears coming

• Locked thread