Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

e3 sucks but i'm still working on the road to e3 thread and i'll post it this week since it's single-digit weeks away now

is there even any game people want to see at e3 this year. i guess new fallout? video games suck

Star wars battlefront gameplay, source 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i want to see what Nintendo does at the treehouse and what Bethesda will announce at E3

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i can't wait for the prequel to fallout: new vegas 2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

i can't wait for the prequel to fallout: new vegas 2

this is probably what it will be, but i can still dream that they will announce that PLUS Elder Scrolls 6: This time, They're Hist or w/e

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

this is probably what it will be, but i can still dream that they will announce that PLUS Elder Scrolls 6: This time, They're Hist or w/e

both would be pretty cool but i am leaning more towards fallout after so much sexy skyrim time

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also TESO is garbage and a half

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
dishonored 2

maybe an assassin's creed game set in WW2

is Agent still in development?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i haven't tried ES online because it doesn't seem like they put the right amount of effort into it and it's not really in their wheelhouse.

i can't get enough skyrim, though, and i am hoping that they will make some improvements to the perk system for the next game, maybe so that crafting and the like are a bit easier to get without gimping your combat skills a bit. i do think it's more likely to be just fallout and that makes more sense, because of how long it's been.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bicyclops posted:

i haven't tried ES online because it doesn't seem like they put the right amount of effort into it and it's not really in their wheelhouse.

as the kind of uniquely brain-damaged individual that plays mmos, don't play mmos

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I hope they learn how to design dungeons and enemy types. If you thought barrows and draugr were rad the first time wait until you seem them the thirtieth time!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

as the kind of uniquely brain-damaged individual that plays mmos, don't play mmos

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I hope they learn how to design dungeons and enemy types. If you thought barrows and draugr were rad the first time wait until you seem them the thirtieth time!

no every fight will be in essentially the same cave. that's the es way.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I'd much prefer another Elder Scrolls because I won't be able to enjoy a crappy Bethedsa designed Fallout after playing F:NV. I can continue enjoying the gently caress out of their crappy fantasy games though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A Steampunk Gent posted:

they did at least get a little better at in skyrim than in oblivion, where the dungeons were super-samey. at least some of them in skyrim had unique dialogue, events and puzzles, (even if they were all the same really bad door puzzle). if improvement continues, then eventually they're going to feel much more tailor-made.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i would like to see bethesda make all their games like dishonored where the gameplay isn't janky crap they did at the last minute after spending all the money on planning npc schedules and petting patrick stewarts balls.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

as long as the next fallout has a pallette with colors beyond brown, brownish gray, and poop

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

i would like to see bethesda make all their games like dishonored where the gameplay isn't janky crap they did at the last minute after spending all the money on planning npc schedules and petting patrick stewarts balls.

but without mountains of dollars spent on NPC schedules, how will we experience the immersion of a fellow sitting at a table and drinking out of a cup for two hours, then going to sleep for 16, because they forgot to turn one of the switches on?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

as long as the next fallout has a pallette with colors beyond brown, brownish gray, and poop
Picture this: a giant run-down carnival, and you think it's going to be super colorful and interesting, but instead it's mostly dirt and rust, just like a real carnival.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Maybe they could use some cool pastels for the run down carnival and add some superpowers, and call them plasmids.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Picture this: a giant run-down carnival, and you think it's going to be super colorful and interesting, but instead it's mostly dirt and rust, just like a real carnival.

UGH!!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

they did at least get a little better at in skyrim than in oblivion, where the dungeons were super-samey. at least some of them in skyrim had unique dialogue, events and puzzles, (even if they were all the same really bad door puzzle). if improvement continues, then eventually they're going to feel much more tailor-made.

Considering Morrowind was a ton better about that stuff that either Oblivion or Skyrim I don't really buy the whole 'improvement through iteration' thing, they already had good writers and dungeon designers and they kicked them to the curb to chase the AAA buck. Skyrim superficially addressed the worst of Oblivion's failings but it was still tedious as gently caress to play after the first twenty or so hours when you'd seen everything the game had to offer several times over and they still blew most of their VO budget on a handful of celebrities and had nearly all the game voiced by the same ten people

Real hurthling! posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Remember years ago when you heard "New Vegas" and were like "drat! Vegas is colorful and interesting, this should be a welcome change!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also if the TES series is going to borrow from Dishonored it should be Dishonored's focus on mobility and speed, something which Morrowind had (although Morrowind has the issue of starting you out with neither speed nor mobility and making you earn it).

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Remember years ago when you heard "New Vegas" and were like "drat! Vegas is colorful and interesting, this should be a welcome change!"

The strip did look pretty good ... it was just everything which wasn't the strip which wasn't so great

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

o the dog days of gaming

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it wouldn't kill the series to let a plant grow every once in a while

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
have they hinted at a setting yet, or are they remaining tight lipped on this one?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Gee, the future sure does look a lot like the isle of Vvardenfell."

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Real hurthling! posted:

remember the life tree in new vegas. that area was actually super cool + looked neat and the plot stuff behind it was awesome.

they just need to write more bad news poo poo about why plants are growing in a spot in the wasteland. like this jungle is growing here because the vault that was underneath it was supposed to be filled to 75% with water, but it burst and so its been pumping water to the underground for a hundred years + also the dead bodies were compost

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

they haven't said much of anything besides that there will be an announcement at E3. weirdly the rumors have all focused on ES6 being called "Argonia" but it's total speculative nonsense, and it's almost definitely going to be Fallout. i hope it takes place in a fictional abandoned Disney World

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I wish those people would tidy up, nearly three hundred years isn't enough time to clear some scrap metal off the streets?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Growing up in the American southwest, all those browns and greys and poops made me feel right at home

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like we have a real world example of abandoned corporate theme park in River Country, and it has color, variety and creepiness.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was annoyed by FO3 and New Vegas both, because neither game could decide if the apocalypse happened 200 years ago, or like, yesterday

Good games though, except for the god-awful shooting and player controls.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

I was annoyed by FO3 and New Vegas both, because neither game could decide if the apocalypse happened 200 years ago, or like, yesterday

Good games though, except for the god-awful shooting and player controls.

garbage from 1950 still in the street of a town inhabited for 100 years after the war.

TheRaggedQueen
Mar 4, 2015

Yeah, no.
Yeah, using V.A.T.S was something of a necessity if you didn't like missing every other shot. God help you if liked to use grenades since neither the targeting system or just freewheeling it would land the little bastards anywhere near your target.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I gave them and the original PC games some latitude on that. I'd rather history/physics be slightly bent or ignored from time to time in favor of entertaining narrative and gameplay instead of the other way around. Like yeah, it was actually 200 years later, there's no way all these old houses all over the place wouldn't already be picked clean by looters and that giant dinosaur wouldn't still be anywhere near actually together and most of those buildings in DC would be dust considering it got nuked to hell and didn't have the benefit of some impossible Randian superman with crazy technology defending it all.

But it's a game and it's cool and fun, so who cares

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Real hurthling! posted:

too bad that was arkane and not bethesda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Elder Scrolls 6: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. crossover would be sweet.

• Locked thread