Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CharlesM posted:

Is it time limited?

Probably not. Every new character i get gets enough crap to fill all their inventory slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Posting to get into That's No Goon, as DreamShip

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Coming back to That's No Goon, as Atelisa, Sith Juggernaut.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

What is thjis cantina package and how do I get it?

Also what is the new build site?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CobiWann posted:

Coming back to That's No Goon, as Atelisa, Sith Juggernaut.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Posting to get into That's No Goon, as DreamShip

Follow the instructions in the op to find someone to invite you.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Medullah posted:

Follow the instructions in the op to find someone to invite you.

But y'all told me to poooooosstttt

But seriously, fun so far. Surprised how quickly I have been leveling up, although that is probably just the newbie glut of XP

VVVV I posted because someone asked me to, then got immediately accepted in. But thank you!

Also if 2x is this fast then 12x is going to be ridiculous

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 21, 2015

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

DreamShipWrecked posted:

But seriously, fun so far. Surprised how quickly I have been leveling up, although that is probably just the newbie glut of XP

There's a double XP bonus going on this week. It ends tomorrow.

Also, if no one's invited you yet, I'll get you in as soon as I finish this KDY on Pub side.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

DreamShipWrecked posted:

VVVV I posted because someone asked me to, then got immediately accepted in. But thank you!

Also if 2x is this fast then 12x is going to be ridiculous

12x for Class Story Missions only. Also for subs only. This basically lets you do the story without having to do anything else. I'm prepping my Repub alts so that when they turn it on I'm ready to go. Gonna be a bunch of hot half naked chiss chicks for my 4 repub stories :)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So I'm a freshly returned level 40 Juggernaut who just finished Act I.

Now what the hell do I do?!?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

CobiWann posted:

I dunno, maybe act 2 or something

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

CobiWann posted:

How are you 40 and just now only finished act 1? My inquisitor is 36 and almost done with act 2 already.

But yeah follow up on your ship to find out where to go next for your act poo poo.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

John Dyne posted:

How are you 40 and just now only finished act 1? My inquisitor is 36 and almost done with act 2 already.

But yeah follow up on your ship to find out where to go next for your act poo poo.

Ohhh now I get it. Yeah i think you get the next act mission on the big circle console on your ship. I thought the breadcrumb moved you along pretty organically but i guess if you took a long break immediately in between act breaks I can see how you'd forget where to go.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

John Dyne posted:

Hey some people do it at their own pace. My Powertech, Sorcerer, Sniper and Juggernaut all have only finished DK and are all 60. :D

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ohhh now I get it. Yeah i think you get the next act mission on the big circle console on your ship. I thought the breadcrumb moved you along pretty organically but i guess if you took a long break immediately in between act breaks I can see how you'd forget where to go.

Oh, it's not that...I meant it more like "what's the new stuff I'm supposed to be doing?"

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

CobiWann posted:

Oh, it's not that...I meant it more like "what's the new stuff I'm supposed to be doing?"

Nothing different until you get to 55 or so.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
There's a mission terminal on your personal starship that'll get you started on Act 4 (Makeb) or Act 5 (Forged Alliances/Rishi/Yavin) or both. You don't have to have finished Acts 1-3 to be eligible, but you do need to be 50.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

shadok posted:

There's a mission terminal on your personal starship that'll get you started on Act 4 (Makeb) or Act 5 (Forged Alliances/Rishi/Yavin) or both. You don't have to have finished Acts 1-3 to be eligible, but you do need to be 50.

Fun fact--you're actually eligible for the mission at level 47 and some of the conversations for the classes spoil the end of the story missions for that class, so you might want to hold off on clicking it until you're done with your class story. If both a class mission and makeb mission are available from holo thing, you'll get the class mission first, so there's that at least.

I know agent gets its ending spoiled, can't remember anything else.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was proceeding on the assumption that if he's asking what to do after Chapter 1 and he doesn't want to continue with Chapter 2, then he probably doesn't care about the storyline. But you do have a point, Chapter 4 contains spoilers for Chapters 1-3.

Another new alternative to leveling via your class storyline is Galactic Starfighter, if you like space fighter pew pew games.

You can also do this: buy the character perks Improved Flashpoint Experience 1-5, buy some Flashpoint XP boosts on the auction house, and then queue for the Kuat Drive Yards flashpoint with your group finder. The queue is fast because it takes the first four players of any level, any class, and there's a daily bonus for doing it.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
If you're 47 it's worth doing it and space barring through it if you're concerned about the plot, just to get the kickass primary weapon it offers you, which I think was meant for people level 50+.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I totally understand the reluctance to do class quests, though, especially if you've already seen the story, because they're just not XP efficient for the running around you have to do (outside of 12x). Planets like Belsavis, Hoth, Voss and Corellia eat literally hours of time just driving your speeder to the next quest.

My scoundrel never started Act 2, because I already saw the whole smuggler story on my gunslinger. The rest was all KDY.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

so I have a dumb question, but is there a shared storage space among all characters on a server/account if I buy a stronghold?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Telex posted:

so I have a dumb question, but is there a shared storage space among all characters on a server/account if I buy a stronghold?

Yeah, there's a legacy cargo bay. But you don't need to buy a stronghold to access it, if you're in a guild that has a flagship or guild stronghold with a legacy cargo bay in it.

Edit: actually, you don't even need to be in a guild. You can use a stronghold access point on Fleet or one of the stronghold planets (Coruscant, DK, Tatooine or NS) to access anybody's stronghold that's open to the public, and use their legacy cargo bay. Random pubbies come through my place and use my poo poo all the time.

shadok fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 21, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

Yeah, at 15 on the fleet you'll get a mission to buy a stronghold. The reward is a bunch of decorations, one of which is a legacy vault.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
nonentity, I know you're getting bombarded with (pretty good) requests, but I was just hoping to make one tiny suggestion.

Can we get a Bind on Equip version of the Knight/Consular/Warrior starting lightsaber? I love the design, but I stupidly destroyed it on my guardian and would like one on my sorc too.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ramadu posted:

What is this cantina package and how do I get it?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

not sure if my link has any uses left but you can try this for the cantina package:
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/9a1q5

edit: or try going to the last page of this thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=807519

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Cantina Crate referral for anyone who needs it:
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/5inpf

Also subscription referral:
http://www.swtor.com/r/y4tgKR

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Cantina package thing:
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/me5l9

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
Haha. I’m already on the goon server and the correct faction with all my important characters. That’s a first for me. I just started the game back up yesterday. The last time I played was 3 months after release, so I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed, but pretty excited to get into it. I really enjoyed the game at release, but ended up quitting soon after all my friends bailed on it. Over the years I actually wanted to get back into it, but I had a defunct authenticator on my account and never wanted to bother with having to call customer service to get it removed. Anyway, I have a level 50 Operative, 46 Marauder, and a 36 Powertech. I might have to abandon them at least until I get the other class for each archetype up to that level as I remember nothing from the stories. I was thinking I’d try to find some good summaries for them and try to get caught up that way, but with the upcoming 12x xp bonus. I might as well just start over and try out the other classes. Especially in the case of the Marauder since the general consensus of its difficulty means it’s probably not what I’m looking for anyway.

Since I bought that $39.99 Amazon package and apparently had been acquiring monthly cartel coins via the authenticator all this time, so I have 6500 coins. Are the CM Hypercrates worth it at all? I was thinking about picking up that one that’s 50% this week as there’s the possibility of some cool junk.

Edit: Will be hitting someone up later for a ginvite on the character Rah.

Dragonrah fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 21, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
My community link didn't show up until just now for whatever reason, but go nuts, five people.

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/11xwa9

And a referral code for good measure http://www.swtor.com/r/RksNKW

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I recommend not buying hypercrates with CCs. But what you want out of the packs individually off the GTN and use CCs for quality of life unlocks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah, if you have a bunch of coins, I'd buy (in order) -

Treek
Unlock Treek for legacy
Rocket Boost (all 3 levels of it)
Quick Travel cooldown reduction (after 3.2 hits you'll have zero cooldown with perks)
Fleet Pass cooldown reduction (Less important now that you can get to the fleet by going to a stronghold, but still nice)
Ship repair droid (Sells ship droid parts for 100k that can be used to increase crafting crits)
Improved mounting (Activate a mount while moving)

Etc..etc..

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

The field respec is handy

Coeus
Sep 21, 2006

Postin' for guild inivite.

Also community link: http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3qcir

e; Referral link too: http://www.swtor.com/r/KBcRWn

Coeus fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 21, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

phosdex posted:

The field respec is handy
It is, but it's also a character-only (rather than legacy-wide) unlock that you can also get for 200k credits at legacy level 5. I'd recommend spending CC on account-wide unlocks like the stuff Medullah posted before you start using them on stuff that only affects one character.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Casyl posted:

Cantina Crate referral for anyone who needs it:
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/5inpf

Still worked when I just nabbed it cheers, mine should be good for 5 uses:

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/aaj7f

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Medullah posted:

Yeah, if you have a bunch of coins, I'd buy (in order) -

Treek
Unlock Treek for legacy
Rocket Boost (all 3 levels of it)
Quick Travel cooldown reduction (after 3.2 hits you'll have zero cooldown with perks)
Fleet Pass cooldown reduction (Less important now that you can get to the fleet by going to a stronghold, but still nice)
Ship repair droid (Sells ship droid parts for 100k that can be used to increase crafting crits)
Improved mounting (Activate a mount while moving)

Etc..etc..

I don't see a Treek unlock for legacy to buy?

Also thanks for the cantina referral link guys :) What are the cool things I should be remaking my dudes for

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Ramadu posted:

I don't see a Treek unlock for legacy to buy?

Also thanks for the cantina referral link guys :) What are the cool things I should be remaking my dudes for

I think buying Treek from under Cosmetics for the 2k CCs IS the legacy unlock.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

John Dyne posted:

Nope, you buy the very expensive contract once, and then buy it in Collections for considerably less (600 or so I think) to unlock it for every character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

John Dyne posted:

I of course would never have thought that Treek would be under cosmetics at all.

Edit: Looks like its 700 coins to do the whole account, thats kinda a dick move considering its 2100 coins before

• Locked thread