Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Don't MyPark

It's almost like they wanted to make NBA Street but decided to just make the game really frustrating instead and call it a game mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Maarek posted:

I hadn't played since 2k12 and picked the game up recently. MyPark seems like a fun idea however I made a PG who is a normal sized human being and literally everyone on the blacktop suffers from gigantism, so I have been been enjoying watching ogres dunk over me for about 20 matches.

Yeah MyPark can be an issue if you are a PG. If you go to the Jordan Rec Center though and can find a 5v5 game it will solve your issue for the most part.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

2k14's servers went off, and apparently they took every online-connected save with it, even single player, despite assurances that wouldn't happen. Whoops.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/6/8354137/nba-2k14-servers-shut-down-save-files-filesaves-mycareer-mygm

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Man it's really frustrating when the game just decides "You're gonna lose this game, and there's nothing you can do about it".

Wide open threes from me and my teammates bricking. Short range jumpers that I hit 99% of the time suddenly have a 50% success rate. Nobody capable of rebounding despite having Dwight Howard on my team. James Harden going 3-20 on shooting and scoring like 10 points. I managed to keep it even but when I get benched they pull ahead by like 15

Meanwhile I check the other team's stats and they loving shot 71% on three pointers. What. The. gently caress.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What difficultly?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Like one step up from the lowest one. Pro?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Away all Goats posted:

Like one step up from the lowest one. Pro?

That'll happen in Pro a lot until you can absolutely take over games. The other team usually has at least one can't miss guy and for some reason it's always Lou Williams and not an actual threat like Curry or CP3.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I play on simulation so that defense actually matters and I just let shooters keep shooting because fatique eventually sets in.

I don't like carrying my current team because the top 2 bench minute players are point guards, and one of them is Andre Miller.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Doltos posted:

That'll happen in Pro a lot until you can absolutely take over games. The other team usually has at least one can't miss guy and for some reason it's always Lou Williams and not an actual threat like Curry or CP3.

So I should actually move up in difficulty? Would that make teams play at their appropriate levels?

For the record my character averages something like 50/8/10 (with 5+ turnovers). I just figured the game decided to take a poo poo on me since we were on a 20+ game win streak

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 7, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

So I should actually move up in difficulty? Would that make teams play at their appropriate levels?

If your complaint is about opponents going on insane runs, raising the difficulty is not solving the problem. AI cheats even more, not less.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Yeah, play on whatever difficulty gives you close and fun games. Blowing out teams every game isn't fun but getting dominated by perfect enemy AI is even worse.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I thought a few pages back someone explained how there is no ai nfl blitz nba jam cheat catch up mechanism. It's just you playing bad or something that mimics real life nba situations like that? I personally never had those issues on pro difficulty and I am not that great. If I lost my lead it's cause I played poo poo defense that my awesome offense couldn't make up for.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Holyshoot posted:

I thought a few pages back someone explained how there is no ai nfl blitz nba jam cheat catch up mechanism. It's just you playing bad or something that mimics real life nba situations like that? I personally never had those issues on pro difficulty and I am not that great. If I lost my lead it's cause I played poo poo defense that my awesome offense couldn't make up for.

I seriously doubt this. When an opposing team collectively shoots 71% from beyond the arc and your own team's shooting(excluding you) is shooting at like 25% there is definitely some fuckery going on here.

Regular games definitely go through a certain ebb and flow too, maybe it's more noticeable in long game(I play with the full 12 min/quarter) but there will be a stretch where their team will just drain every (contested) shot and 3pointer. Eventually your team will hit that certain stride too and they can even make nice plays without your involvement. This is all independent of how well you are actually playing.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 7, 2015

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Away all Goats posted:

I seriously doubt this. When an opposing team collectively shoots 71% from beyond the arc and your own team's shooting(excluding you) is shooting at like 25% there is definitely some fuckery going on here.

Regular games definitely go through a certain ebb and flow too, maybe it's more noticeable in long game(I play with the full 12 min/quarter) but there will be a stretch where their team will just drain every (contested) shot and 3pointer. Eventually your team will hit that certain stride too and they can even make nice plays without your involvement. This is all independent of how well you are actually playing.

The game DOES have a "your team is getting hot" mechanic to simulate runs and droughts in basketball, but it doesn't have a catchup mechanic other than things like players who have taken lots of shots get a hidden fatigue factor and such.

Mostly, its not unusual for a team that's behind to fire off a 8-0 run in real life or in a video game. I do think NBA 2k15 gets a little wonky with it's 3pt % (Reality I don't think it swings as much as it does). But keep in mind just 2 days ago Kyrie went 4-5 from 3 including a ridiculous half-court bomb and JR Smith was like 7-11 at one point, so in real life some games go nuts. The problem is people don't go posting on the internet when the CPU goes 2-13.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lockback posted:

The game DOES have a "your team is getting hot" mechanic to simulate runs and droughts in basketball, but it doesn't have a catchup mechanic other than things like players who have taken lots of shots get a hidden fatigue factor and such.

Mostly, its not unusual for a team that's behind to fire off a 8-0 run in real life or in a video game. I do think NBA 2k15 gets a little wonky with it's 3pt % (Reality I don't think it swings as much as it does). But keep in mind just 2 days ago Kyrie went 4-5 from 3 including a ridiculous half-court bomb and JR Smith was like 7-11 at one point, so in real life some games go nuts. The problem is people don't go posting on the internet when the CPU goes 2-13.

Ya I remember having a match up against the thunder and being scared because I was the Suns. But we demolished them because durant played like garbage making 12 points and Westbrook wasn't spectacular at all.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Holyshoot posted:

They explained that there's shot fatigue in this game and that it tries to simulate real basketball wherein a player can have a wide open shot and still clank it.

I disagree with this style as the entire game relies on a player being tested with releasing a shot at the perfect moment. When you actually do play the defense correctly and still clank your shot it feels cheap due to random number generators. When the opposing offense does some what the gently caress poo poo and still gets the basket then it becomes beyond frustrating.

Like the biggest example I can think of with this is that you knock the ball out of a guys hands, have it come right near your feet, your player just bumbles around near it, as does all your teammates, the player who get stripped somehow has the presence of mind to bend over, pick it up, and instantly whip it to his teammate who somehow knows that this will happen and will be making a perfect cut to the basket during this scramble, not running back on D or staying stationary, which most people would do in that situation. That just loving reeks of AI cheating interference, especially since it happens every time. There are some really clear AI patterns in this game. Like watch any single game against an AI CP3. He'll just lob the ball out of bounds for no reason at least 3 or 4 times a game. I thought it was just something they did to MyPlayer but it's just AI CP3 in general.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't understand what this thing that my player does if I walk forward without sprinting long enough. It goes into a dribbling forward animation that literally doesn't stop for another few seconds unless I do a dribble move. It's really annoying when I bring up the ball because I'm taking like 3-4 feet forward that I don't want to.

Also, I hate animation cheating. Last year, the drop shot was the "Oh poo poo, we need a way for the AI to shoot fast and make it." This year is the fading leaner that every player does when they need to make a shot regardless of their stats. That and the ball always missing if it lands on the backrim.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Away all Goats posted:

For the record my character averages something like 50/8/10 (with 5+ turnovers). I just figured the game decided to take a poo poo on me since we were on a 20+ game win streak

Switching to simulation helps a ton

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.
After lots of complaints 2K brought the NBA 2k14 servers back up and promised to keep servers for their games open between 18 and 27 months after release.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

dont play online

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Online is a lot more rewarding than how many itt seem to play, repeated 50pt 15reb 10ast games in MyCareer against the CPU. The latter might be evidence of a spectrum disorder.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

inSTAALed posted:

dont play online

Haha, Guess which one is a goon:

96 Seattle colors, Swaggy P Name playing Nique, Stockton, Dumars, Anthony Davis and DeAndre Jordan

Bulls guy with Lebron and Klay Thompson basically doing everything (some credit for letting a hot Hondo bring them back)

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
screenshot is actually from reddit and the guy who posted it was the team that won lol

three point cheese is real

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

inSTAALed posted:

screenshot is actually from reddit and the guy who posted it was the team that won lol

three point cheese is real

Even worse. Sometimes there are goons who don't know it yet.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

ragle posted:

Online is a lot more rewarding than how many itt seem to play, repeated 50pt 15reb 10ast games in MyCareer against the CPU. The latter might be evidence of a spectrum disorder.

95% of the people online are cheesing so hard the end result isn't basketball but some horrible casual fan version of constant three pointers and alley oops

Left Right Left poo poo works like it's NHL 07

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Don't forget that if you made a character shorter than like 6'8 you can go get hosed cause no one is passing you the ball

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Oldish news now but popular 2k youtuber Chris Smoove started a #LockerCodesMustGo trend and the community reps for 2k decided to say they are going to withhold codes until #LockerCodesMustLive started trending.

So childish, you would think that a representative of a company would want to make their customers happy rather than being purposefully antagonistic. Hopefully NBA Live is good enough this year to compete

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Duggler posted:

Hopefully NBA Live is good enough this year to compete

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

Also they are then technically listening to their consumers. If #LockerCodesMustGo trending got them top stop sending out locker codes. Then that's exactly what the community wants.

If #LockerCodesMustLive starts to trend then they know that they can start sending them out again because hey. A bunch of people in the community still like locker codes.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 17, 2015

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

What is the arguments against locker codes? I don't think I care but I don't see why you'd be against them in general.

VC is pretty much free with the phone app, so its not that big of a deal either way...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

What is the arguments against locker codes? I don't think I care but I don't see why you'd be against them in general.

VC is pretty much free with the phone app, so its not that big of a deal either way...

Basically, because they are limited, not everyone gets whatever they are giving out.

Which is somehow worse no one getting free stuff because

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Basically, because they are limited, not everyone gets whatever they are giving out.

Which is somehow worse no one getting free stuff because

people are whiny and selfish so if they don't get something they don't want anyone to have it

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KyWxs0uLI

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

:vince:

Do people compete against each other with these cards as teams?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

After playing Diamond Dynasty, MLB 15's equivalent of MyTeam, it makes me really wish that 2K would borrow a lot of elements from it. I would probably play nothing else if they had the mode where you could play offline AI versions of other people's teams since playing online feels like there's a delay to everything you do. Stuff like designing your own uniforms, not having to manage contracts, and being able to import your MyPlayer would just be icing on the cake.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

:vince:

Do people compete against each other with these cards as teams?

Absolutely, that's why its dumb you can have a 99 Bird for doing nothing when realistically most of the 90+ rated players are out of reach for the average person actually PLAYING the game

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
So this happened to me today.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
nice vertical

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Boston Bogues

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Honj Steak posted:

So this happened to me today.

this game is so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Duggler posted:

this game is so bad

i know zig zag cheese shouldn't be a thing but what are you going to do

• Locked thread